AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-12, 13:24   Link #1201
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am not saying they should work with "one thing at a time" modus operandi all the time, it would have been cliched and boring if it was just "mission objectives" followed by "mission accomplished". It just seems to me that sometimes the episodes don't follow each other smoothly and what seems huge in one episode is almost forgotten in the next until it suddenly becomes important in the agenda again. But that doesn't really bother me much as the character relationship dynamics seem to take center stage and that's mostly the reason for plot progression to look patchy at times. In other words the emphasis on character development sometimes makes the plot suffer a bit. However the results of this character development so far have been superb, hence that's not exactly an awful thing but since I have praised Simoun so much I just had to point out what I thought was a small flaw to compensate somewhat.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 15:12   Link #1202
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Hey, guys, she acted on the line of common sense. Let's do justice to her.

Spoiler for ep19, wrong judgment on the spot?:
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 15:41   Link #1203
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I am curious which of them came up with the idea to use the troop containers to destroy a few tanks in episode 11, I think it wasn't shown. If it was Neviril maybe she can think outside the box, too but I think it must have been Aaeru. Neviril remonds me of a professional boxer who even in a street fight would use only her fists because the routine and experience, while Aaeru would use punches, kicks, teeth...basically every trick in the book and would rather end up in a hospital than admit defeat.
Aaeru = Butch

I can't wait for her to become the man she aspires to be.
Old 2006-08-12, 20:09   Link #1204
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A few suggested future series titles from the Simoun thread on 2channel:
Simoun Second Series
Simoun 2nd Gig
Simoun Otome
Simoun Traumend
Simoun Repure
Simoun La Verite
Simoun A's
.SIMOUN//Roots
Simoun DESTINY
Simoun Gyu!
BLACK SIMOUN
They were running out the last few posts of the 1000 in Simoun's 45th thread: 45,000 posts about Simoun.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 20:27   Link #1205
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
The reason of Simuracrum defeat....

The Simuracrum was particular about "a strictly defensive only national security policy", and it was a cause of defeat or surrender that they was not able to see through essence of war after all.

However I can hardly blame them because of they are basis on Shrine prist or pristess....

But the result of governer or pritess lazyness, may be many of civirian people of Simuracrum has died for in this war because of Argentum bomber 's bomberment of City and more Pulunbum tank-destroyer force invade to the capital city....

Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 20:32   Link #1206
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Spoiler for ep19:
Spoiler:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 04:11   Link #1207
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Aaeru = Butch

I can't wait for her to become the man she aspires to be.
Nah. It'd be far more fun to see Neviril and Rodoreamon become male. Just think how their families would react...
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 07:43   Link #1208
Sanri

The True character relationship chart~~~

(clicky for large)

Sanri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 08:19   Link #1209
Yaya-chan
NHK desu.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
Nah. It'd be far more fun to see Neviril and Rodoreamon become male. Just think how their families would react...
Good point!
Yaya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 09:16   Link #1210
Matrim

Well, I don't recall someone from Chor Tempest mentioning pressure from her parents to choose the gender that they would prefer for her so the families might not be shocked at all. Furthermore, I really don't think we can be certain of Aaeru becoming male, Eri didn't seem to posses many "manly" qualities (if we can talk of such a thing at all - why say extreme stubborness and determination should be considered something more befitting a male than female, especially in a world where you get to choose your gender?). Yet she ended up as a man, why wouldn't it be possible for Aaeru to end up as female? Not to mention it's likely the anime won't show her visit to the Spring at all.

Old 2006-08-13, 09:29   Link #1211
fignae
floofer. floof.

It all depends on whether Aaeru has a sex in mind when she visits the Spring. Erif didn't.

Sanri, that is one marvellous relationship chart, thank you! I see you're the people behind Yoori--woohoo!
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 09:40   Link #1212
Matrim

Quote:
It all depends on whether Aaeru has a sex in mind when she visits the Spring. Erif didn't.
Yes, I know but if the anime followed the usual gender stereotypes you'd expect Eri to end up as female, regardless whether she had decided to do it or not...unless Onashiya or whoever decided the issue liked practical jokes of this kind.

Nice relationship chart, btw. Floe - Legally Blond.

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-08-13 at 09:51.
Old 2006-08-13, 09:50   Link #1213
Yaya-chan
NHK desu.

Great chart, Sanri!

Rimone: Simouns, they are giants crayons ~
Mamiina: Life's a bitch...
Neviriru/Aaeru: Silly scary girl freaks me out.. (..and I like it, unf~)

Saikou no Kooru to me ^__^
Yaya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 09:56   Link #1214
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Yes, I know but if the anime followed the usual gender stereotypes you'd expect Eri to end up as female, regardless whether she had decided to do it or not...unless Onashiya or whoever decided the issue liked practical jokes of this kind.
Ah, I see what you mean. But well, Eri isn't a good example. We'd need someone who's consciously chosen their sex to really show that feminine characters need not choose to be female. So far the masculine-acting ones like Kaimu and Paraietta are also those who've decided to be male. From this, we might conclude that either some of the sibylla already have a sex in mind and mould themselves to suit their perception of what it should be, or if they act like X they think they should be X. Or something in between.

About Aaeru, I think she's not so much masculine as tomboyish. She might still choose to be female, who knows? I prefer to leave the possibilities up in the air, heh.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 17:48   Link #1215
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:

Nice relationship chart, btw. Floe - Legally Blond.
You just dont see it, may be Onashia was laughing her asses off after decided to do it~~bad imagination:P

ya, eri shud end up as a female, but oh well, that's how simoun is~~
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 19:20   Link #1216
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
An op and ed song sometimes pose a spoiler specially about the ending,
So I sometimes tortue myself to find one when I get the whole lyric
Am I seeing anything here?

Spoiler for Inori no uta (Simoun ed song), verse 2:

To me no one of the girls is masculine enough to make me think she should choose male.
It may be natural since they are born as girls on default.
And no one of them is a so typical girlish girl that she makes me think she should definitely go female.
Oh well, to be honest, I deny the existence of typical girl and typical boy even in the real world, that's actually what people have so long expected from a girl or boy, not really what they are.

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-08-13 at 23:45.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 08:20   Link #1217
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As I sit here waiting impatiently for episode 20 (!) to become available -- the broadcast starts in three hours, but it will be a few hours more before it hits cyberspace -- I thought I'd pass on how popular Simoun has become with some people in France.

I've been e-mailing with someone who says it has become like a drug for them. They stay up until 4 or 5 a.m. Monday nights (fuelled by coffee) waiting for wowo's subs. She thanks wowo on behalf of the French Simoun community.

Some people are doing Ri Maajon in their swimming pools or while they're cooking (sounds like fun). They have even set up a virtual crisis centre for Simoun addicts -- but the operators, instead of helping people with their addiction, plunge them further in, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-08-14 at 10:48.
Old 2006-08-14, 09:07   Link #1218
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, I've decided that with several shows now over, I have to time to go back to Simoun, which I always regretted having to drop from my schedule. Judging by the local enthusiasn, it should be worth it.

Can anyone point out as to where to find the fansubs and which group would be preferable?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 09:16   Link #1219
Zappster

Doremi released the first few episodes and have now dropped the series. Another group Simoun-fans is now subbing the show and they have released up to episode 11, they are releasing the first few episodes(according to the IRC channel anyway) but for the time being only Doremi's versions are available for episodes 1-3. There are some scripts floating about for more recent episodes(recent aired episodes I mean) but I've not really bothered with those.

Basically, eps 1-3 from Doremi and the rest from Simoun-Fans. Should be able to get torrent links and such from animesuki. There's no choice but I find Simoun-Fans subs more than good enough.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 09:38   Link #1220
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
...Can anyone point out as to where to find the fansubs and which group would be preferable?
I probably shouldn't say this, since I'm slightly involved, but I think Simoun-Fans are the best subs. They have done 4-11, with some sweet video quality and well-edited and well-qc'd translations. Doremi has done 1-5. And there are separate soft-sub files for 12-19, done by warainagara and by wowo, so the translating is right up to date. Those translations are the raw material that Simoun-Fans works from.

You can find the Simoun-Fans and Doremi subs at a.scarywater.net by searching for "Simoun."

warainagara/hashihime's sub file for 12 is available here.

warainagara's sub files for 13-14 are available from the Simoun Yahoo Group, or by searching this forum for warainagara's posts, where she linked to them. The Simoun Yahoo Group is the home of Simoun-Fans.

wowo's sub files for 15-19 are available here (and 20 will probably be available sometime within the next day or so).

As someone who watches raws and likes to keep up to date, I really, really appreciate the work of wowo and warainagara, who have put out very usable softsub files within, sometimes, hours of the broadcast.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-08-14 at 09:53.

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri