AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 16:10   Link #1
AnimeRat
Wannabe Tsundare

Romantic Cheese For Rat ^^

As ordinary rats usually enjoy a normal cheese its only logical that romantic anime is the cheese for anime rats. But as the winter is coming and I still don’t have my winter supply I figured It’s a now or never. I want to thank you in advance for your hard work and hope you will also get the winter supplies you need,

So now that you have involved yourself with my situation lets go straight into the action.
What I want is romance anime. There has to be at least enough romance to classify is a satisficing romance anime
What about other genres? Everything goes really. My personal favorites are usually Fantasy or supernatural themed anime, but I can watch almost everything. (If there is romance of course.) So no need to worry about other genres; Every genre is highly anticipated.

I really enjoy watching all kind of anime so please suggest me anything romantic that comes in to the mind. The more original the anime is the more emotions it will forward. The anime can be old or new. No limit about the animation style or studio. Your recommendation its good if you consider it’s a romance anime.

But even though pretty much goes there are still two limitations.

One: Don’t suggest Hentai. I want to protect my eyes!

Two: There has to be a real end to the romance story. It can end up with a heartbreak or a warm relationship, but there has to be resolution. I don’t want to see anything unresolved or harem endings.. Those kind of animes are like a molded cheese. Yuck!

Examples of anime I have loved.

Clannad
Ef Series
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana
Eureka Seven
Elemental Gelade
Sakamichi no Apollon
Otome Youkai Zakuro
D.N Angel
Card Captor Sakura

My complete Animelist is here (with opinions and coverage)
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ani...show=0&order=4

Thank you really much in advance and I hope you day will continue more glorious than ever. I am in your debt.

- AnimeRat

Proud Member of Whitebeard Pirates

Last edited by AnimeRat; 2012-11-18 at 16:37.
AnimeRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 16:23   Link #2
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I notice that you have seen Fate/Stay Night but not Fate/Zero, this must be remedied immediately: http://www.crunchyroll.com/fate-zero

Also, you say you like Eureka Seven but you haven't seen Gurren Lagann. You will probably like it a lot if you liked E7 so much.

Also, Berserk is a must in the action + romance category.

Also, highly recommend Victory Gundam although that is a lot of action and only small amounts of romance, but this is one of the GOAT mecha shows and you seem to like those.

EDIT:

Realizing now that none of these are true cheesy romance. Check out Futakoi Alternative an under appreciated, somewhat poorly known anime from 2005.
Old 2012-11-18, 16:53   Link #3
jedinat

I don't know how you feel about yuri, but Strawberry Panic is brim full of romantic cheese.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 18:35   Link #4
Siphine
The Dreamer

Hmmmm the only thing i have watch are romance animes so i can probably name a few that come to mind....
I know this one has a lot of ecchi... actually all the ones im gonna name have some ecchi
doesn't mean they aren't good
Highschool DXD at the end you are just satisfied the way the first season ended, even if there is still another season (next year) also my favorite

Girls Bravo, I'm sorry if you don't want to watch ecchi and have already decided to skip this post because it has ecchi but at the end i was happy at the way it ended but also sad that i wouldn't watch another new episode.

ONLY ONE I"M GONNA SUGGEST THAT DOES NOT HAVE ECCHI
I think i got your attention ^_^ anyways Ah! My Goddess is good

So is Sora no Otoshimono, wellllll it has fanservice but you can't really consider that ecchi (no boobs) its about a pervy kid who is always trying to look at girls underwear and an angeloid (part robot part human) who he saves and suprisingly, not that much ecchi but really, and i mean really, good, favorite dubbed anime

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-11-18 at 21:22.
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 18:49   Link #5
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I have a lot of romance animes. I'll list the best in my opinion.

Itazura Na Kiss
Peach Girl
Lovely Complex
Suki-tte Ii Na Yo*

Hanasakeru Seishonen
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Special A
Vision of Escaflowne
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun*
Kamisama Hajimemashita*
Guilty Crown
Ouran Highschool Host Club

The ones with the stars are the ongoing animes so they don't have a resolution yet.
The first 4 animes i listed are one of the best so i recommend that you watch those first. The rest are not in order.

I hope i helped you! It's nice to find someone who is into romance anime. Enjoy!!!
Old 2012-11-18, 20:01   Link #6
theazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
Highschool DXD at the end you are just satisfied the way the first season ended, even if there is still another season (next year)
Not to detract from the anime but I think one episode can be considered borderline hentai. I think it's the one where they go hunting for a pet.

Edit: It's episode 7. If you consider watching this anime, might want to skip the portion where they go find their pets as it breaks one of the rules. Don't think anything important is in that section.
theazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:14   Link #7
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theazn View Post
Not to detract from the anime but I think one episode can be considered borderline hentai. I think it's the one where they go hunting for a pet.

Edit: It's episode 7. If you consider watching this anime, might want to skip the portion where they go find their pets as it breaks one of the rules. Don't think anything important is in that section.
They don't search for a pet really until the end of the episode though, they sorta have to fight to search for one then it happens. You should check the OVAs if you think that was the worst one but yeah it gets pretty bad when Issei tries to get his but i think when Asia gets hers is in important part kinda

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 03:24   Link #8
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

You have Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen in your MAL list, so I'll take a leap and assume that you won't mind an animated movie and a tragic romance.

5 Centimetres Per Second
It's a story in three parts about two children who try to maintain their feelings for each other over time and distance. If nothing else, watch it for its hyper-realistic art, and also for the sad love song which inspired the movie.

Another suggestion:

Cross Game
Romance may not take front and centre stage, but it's definitely a powerful sub-current that runs throughout this fun and highly addictive 50-episode series. Don't let appearances fool you — it's very much more than an anime about baseball. If you're looking for a story about utter devotion, both romantic and platonic, then this is the anime for you.

Finally, though it's really not my cup of tea, I'd recommend this season's:

Sukitte ii na yo
It's a conventional shoujo, high-school romance, the kind you'll often find in prime-time soap drama, but it's done quite well. I squirm almost every episode, but that's probably a good sign of how effectively the romance is delivered.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance