AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-01, 15:54   Link #5141
kazzuya

The highest form and ugliest is the vampire origin (volume 3)
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 17:41   Link #5142
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animangaxe View Post
Yes, you are right, i am sorry for that, was way over the line
Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animangaxe View Post
About the rest
lets just say we have diferent POV and end it.
Let's leave it at that ... it would be kind of weird and annoying if everyone got the same POV anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonking9 View Post
..................did he just try to argue every single of my sentences with a whole wall of text?? Even the sarcasm ones ?..............waw..............(i have no word for this
i can see that no matter what i said it would not go through so let me stop here
Then let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Slayer View Post
Actually no, the war was started by the Baharuth empire long before Ainz or Nazarick were transported in this world,
Yeah ... but the "war between Nazarick and the kingdom" was started through Nazarick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorMan View Post
But...Humans are Entoma's Natural food. She eating people isn't evil. It's Natural.
The law of the jungle applies here, both sides have a reasonable cause. So might makes the right in this case.

Schattenbach, you must understand that it's perfectly normal to eat things that your body eats. Entoma is a predator and humans are natural prey. Of course prey have a right to protect themselves, but one cannot blame the predator from eating natural prey no less can one blame a human from hunting and killing a deer.(Humans are omnivores and many of us eat for pleasure not caring about the pigs or cow we butcher to consume.)
It's her prefered food - as she's perfectly fine with eating something else - and with most guild npcs wearing a ring so as to not require require food and such (they still eat because they want to and/or Ainz cares about their well-being and urges them to do so), food isn't a problem, anyway. So she has a choice in that matter.

My point wasn't that "eating humans is evil" but "killing (or making other people kill) intelligent beings (be they humans, demi-humans, intelligent animals or monsters) due to reasons like them being a delicacy to you is something that is something that mainly done to statisfy one's decadent pseudo-need for pleasure". I didn't say anyting against eating the corpses / body parts of killed enemies and such that would otherwise go to waste.

On that note, something similiar applies to "robbing a home (be it the home of humans, demi-humans, intelligent animals or monsters) to steal everything valuable there" or to "hunt and kill intelligent beings (be they humans, demi-humans, intelligent animals or monsters) due to actual reasons along the line of wanting to sell their body parts for lots of money to statisfy one's greed for money and status".

Quote:
Also, I agree that Ainz & nazarick are the aggressors against the kingdom, Ainz may not have any moral high ground for the invasion...BUT Nazarick spawned in Kingdom territory. I sincerely doubt the kingdom would have left it alone, much less agreed to hand over carne or E-rantel to them. There realistically would be no compromise. War would happen eventually. There is no alternative solution,and please dont say he could have searched for one since thats not much of an alternative solution.
There are alternate solutions, though. The easiest would've been a combination of showing of Nazarick's strength (to ward of any greedy noble thinking along the line of "your things are mine") in a way that doesn't involve killing several thousands of people (as Ainz got a few 10. Rank Magic caster as well as access to wide range Overrank magic's like "creation", pulling something like that off wouldn't have been much of a problem) as well as to use a bit of Nazarick's wealth to actually buy that plot of land off (with connections to several higher-ups of the kingdom, like the golden princess, that would've been possible without too much trouble in the same frame of three months ... even if it would require taking care of some more of these corrupt nobles). With only cooperative relationships and/or with some kind of non-aggression pact with the kingdom, there wouldn't have been any particular reason for opposition (as that would result in the loss of both land and - without some kind of non-aggression contract - a new threat near the hearth of the kingdom would've created additional frontlines and make the kingdom even more vulnerable to being taken over by the empire) towards Ainz founding a country there, either.

Even if the kingdom wouldn't want to cooperate with him, Ainz (who can freely teleport to whatever location he wants to that has no potent protection against it) could've simply let Renner manipulate events to create a meeting with a group like the king, Raven, Gazef and others of sufficient influence to either talk things out (they are sufficiently reasonable, after all) or to scare them into submission (aura and/or showing off Nazarick's military might).

And even during the war, there was no need to "stage that performance (massacre)" if it simply was to make the kingdom submit to him as flaunting off his military strength (the kingdom might've escaped the battle anyway as there was no way for them to win against Ainz's troops).

Ainz simply was greedy (and arrogant) enough to choose the more profitable option, being well aware that it would lead to that massacre (which is actually part of the "profit") in the end. That pretty much sums up to "why being statisfied with a bit (land, partial control over the kingdom as well as an cooperation with the empire) if - instead - you can get everything (the desired land, even more land, great "fame" and "fear", quasi-control over the kingdom as well as an stable alliance with the empire) for free by simply massacring enough people so that no one dares to complain".

Quote:
Course, there's always the might make right argument and the fact that the species of nazarick view humans as food and lower animals...that is quite valid many areas of the world were taken over by someone stronger. they may not have the moral highground, but they didn't need it. Business is business course it's pretty asshole move but it happens.
Yeah ... but in that case, if Ainz and/or Nazaricks residents don't deserve any sympathy in particular if they are blamed for their actions or face the possible consequences of those as they get they had coming for them (even though they were arrogant enough to believe to be able to get ride of any complainer as well as to be above any consequences).

In addition ... in the above case you mentioned ... if they complain about being victim of these kind of actions (which plenty of them either already do or would be .. thereby getting furious as a result about how someone "would dare to do that to them"), then they're nothing more than hypocrites (to be fair, some of them already are hypocrites to begin with due to their twisted nature that creates obvious double-standards). Not that they might particulary care about being hypocrites as double.standard dictates that "it's only bad if others are hypocrites".

About the whole "vampire" stuff ...

Evileye might actually be of a vampire species that's native to the new world. On that note, I don't think that Shalltear with her meager 20 race levels (compared to, for example, Ainz, Demiurge ... and even Albedo and Sebas Tian seem to have more racial levels as when compared to her) actually reached the pinnacle of her species' evolution (with her "True Vampire Race" being something that's simply a more primal and/or monstrous version of regular vampires). That reminds me ... Vol.3 chpt.2 talks about both "True Vampire" and "Origin Vampire" ... is each of these a synonym for the other or are there any other things to take into account? On that note, it wouldn't be weird if there actually is some kind of "True Ancestor" like vampire in Yggdrasil (Type-Moon's "True Ancestor" term is seemingly pretty famous in japan, after all).

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-09-01 at 17:55.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 19:03   Link #5143
Namorax

@Schattenbach:
Well, maybe... but on the other hand this is a dark fantasy novel you see from the POV of the "final boss".
If people don't die, its just a GoT without all the (complicated) politics... where would be the fun in that? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
The highest form and ugliest is the vampire origin (volume 3)
Please note that the Character sheet lists Shalltear as "True Vampire".
As far as I remember that and "origin vampire" are one and the same. Just in case some missunderstandings pop up (Which may or may not come from my end xD)
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 20:38   Link #5144
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
@Schattenbach:
Well, maybe... but on the other hand this is a dark fantasy novel you see from the POV of the "final boss".
If people don't die, its just a GoT without all the (complicated) politics... where would be the fun in that? ^^

Please note that the Character sheet lists Shalltear as "True Vampire".
As far as I remember that and "origin vampire" are one and the same. Just in case some missunderstandings pop up (Which may or may not come from my end xD)
pls read volume 3
Shaltear is a true vampire
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 20:46   Link #5145
Fwarlord

@Schattenbach:
Did you ever hear about the right of superior species?
Old 2015-09-01, 21:34   Link #5146
bakato

To anyone who can read raws, have we heard from the orb of death?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 22:45   Link #5147
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
To anyone who can read raws, have we heard from the orb of death?
Well i know this from LN volume 2, Khaajit have that orb of death. Now Hamsuke hold it
Old 2015-09-02, 01:03   Link #5148
SifaV6

Orb of Death hasn't been mentioned ever since.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 02:10   Link #5149
Animangaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifaV6 View Post
Orb of Death hasn't been mentioned ever since.
In Drama CD 1, the orb of death was still inside hamsuke mouth, after that is not mentioned again
Animangaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 03:00   Link #5150
kubi

Spoiler for The level chart of Overlord Anime series:
kubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 03:09   Link #5151
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubi View Post
Spoiler for The level chart of Overlord Anime series:
Why did you post this here? Also some part is not really accurate, like clementine and lakyus being above gazef, there was no indication that they were above him especially chunnibyou lakyus. Her gear might be better than him when he didn't wear the treasure but if they were to fight purely on skill then I think gazef would beat chunnibyou girl and even clementine.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 03:24   Link #5152
expertsource

it is stated that clementine is in heroes levels. that's why she always boast about herself that no warrior can beat her. so she should be between 40-50s.
Also i don't understand why the arc angel 40 level. it can use 7th rank magic. there is a 30 lvl gap. i think it should be at 70s or at least 60s. 40 is too low for it.
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 03:29   Link #5153
Namorax

Why is everyone calling Lakyus a chuuni? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
it is stated that clementine is in heroes levels. that's why she always boast about herself that no warrior can beat her. so she should be between 40-50s.
Also i don't understand why the arc angel 40 level. it can use 7th rank magic. there is a 30 lvl gap. i think it should be at 70s or at least 60s. 40 is too low for it.
I can't remember that the Arcangels spell was level 70 or something... did it mention that in vol1?
Old 2015-09-02, 03:33   Link #5154
Breimn

It should be from 60 to 70 considering it can bypass Ainz passive resistance
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 04:22   Link #5155
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I don't think it really bypassed his resistance, he didn't really take any damage after all. He only mentioned "This is what pain feels like", but I attributed that to the fact that undead had a general weakness against everything with the holy/light element.

Ainz could've just as well talked about the nice weather, or that the light tickles...
Old 2015-09-02, 04:31   Link #5156
luffyxnami

Quote:
Clementine herself even said that gazef are one of the few that can take her own, also evileye even said gazef is on the level of the thirteen hero too so there was no indication that gazef is weaker than her. Clementine never even face any of the strong one in the kingdom yet so her word are not that trust worthy.

About the angel, it's said to be able to beat a demon king or god, I don't remember, but if we take that into consideration then it should be around evileye's level, so it should be around 50-60.
Old 2015-09-02, 04:44   Link #5157
Cinocard

If Entoma is level 50, and if Tia class is actually a Ninja which requires her to be at least 50, Tia level would be higher than Entoma??

Quote:
it is stated that clementine is in heroes levels.
Clementine claimed that herself. It's not valid.

Quote:
Ainz is immune to lower tier spells. It has no connection to the caster's level. If a lvl1 caster can cast 10th tier spell, it can still cause minimal damage to Ainz.

Given that Naberal level is ~60 and she can use 7th with ease, and there's no confirmation that she cannot cast 8th tier spell, mobs summon from an item should be able to use its special ability even if its level is just 40-50.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 04:56   Link #5158
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Why did you post this here? Also some part is not really accurate, like clementine and lakyus being above gazef, there was no indication that they were above him especially chunnibyou lakyus. Her gear might be better than him when he didn't wear the treasure but if they were to fight purely on skill then I think gazef would beat chunnibyou girl and even clementine.
I'm not sure about Lakyus, but we do know for a fact that Clementine is stronger than Gazef (who is lvl 29) Clementine is higher lvl than Hamsuke who is lvl 30 so she could be 31, but anyways the author himself verified that she is stronger than Gazef only when he has all of the kingdom's treasures that he may overwhelm her but with her own equipment from the black scripture she can easily beat him.
God Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 04:56   Link #5159
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
If Entoma is level 50, and if Tia class is actually a Ninja which requires her to be at least 50, Tia level would be higher than Entoma??
No Tia should be only around 20-30, the requirement entoma talk about was when it was still a game but this is different wirld, there would be no restriction like that. If you read carefully you will notice that entoma was cautious when she though Tia was at a higher level than her only to later find out that she is not.

@god slayer
Where did you get these info? Can you provide a source where the author said this? Like where was it said gazef was level 29 and that clementine was stronger than him?
Old 2015-09-02, 05:05   Link #5160
God Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post

@god slayer
Where did you get these info? Can you provide a source where the author said this? Like where was it said gazef was level 29 and that clementine was stronger than him?
http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/New_World scroll down to the power scale, you will find the statement that he made.
God Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination