AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 14:17   Link #1161
Destined_Fate

Finally got in on Balmung... Took forever.

I'm not bothering with crafting. Though I'm enjoying that with so many crafters that my weapon upgrades for Lancer and Marauder are very cheap on the Market because of huge surpluses of them.

For Dragoon do they share skills with Archer also or with Pugilist?

On another note.

I wish we had a wardrobe or fashion choice for what your character looks like as some of the gear in the game is.... Ugh.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:27   Link #1162
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
EDIT: Been pounding my head against Titan hard mode for a whole week and cannot defeat him. UGH cannot get past the DPS race -_-; And thats just the easy part but people keep dying : \
The hard part of Titan is AFTER the heart.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:39   Link #1163
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
the hard part of Titan is finding 7 other people who knows the fight

tbh it's a very simple fight, the patterns are static, and in all honesty not difficult to dodge unless you have latency issues or get some unlucky bomb placements.

It is, however, not a fight that is tolerant of mistakes, especially post-heart phase.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 20:26   Link #1164
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yes, I know. But as a healer there is nothing I can do if DPS keep dying. And if I make a single mistake the entire party will wipe.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 08:36   Link #1165
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

In the mission"Escape From Castrum Centri", speak to the guard behind the tree.

Lolis......er.......I mean lalafels are the best!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 11:54   Link #1166
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Dammit i did it again in mmos i usually get bored around lvl 30+ since its such a grind fest,i havent played this in about a week, any idea on good leveling spots?
Old 2013-10-10, 13:19   Link #1167
Jaden

I recommend leveling by doing the quests wherever the main storyline takes you, and constantly doing dungeons. They drop you good stuff, and playing in a group is usually more entertaining than solo. While waiting for the duty finder (which you need to do a lot of if your role is DPS), level up trade jobs.

The most efficient way to level up is doing none of the above and just grinding out FATEs. From 30-35, the best area to do this is Eastern La Noscea. Always join a group while doing it, so you don't need to worry about personally contributing. You can teleport between Wineport and Costa Del Sol to reach distant FATEs. When teleporting, you have the option to teleport your entire group with you. If your group is the first to tag enemies, that'll secure you extra experience and contribution.

When you're stuck without a good way to gain a level, complete your hunting logs.
Old 2013-10-10, 16:54   Link #1168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a lot of RL interrupts now, but I do sympathize the 20s-40s (midrange) kind of malaise that set in -- the middle of the tunnel effect.

Most people seem to be experiencing the most trouble though with their second or third class level ups (they've done the storyline and may run out of the low-level side quests in/near other cities). Yeah, hunting logs are often forgotten - they're good. Tag everything you can in a FATE, try to group for FATES.

And always have dungeons on queue, though I'm getting more and more crapola "half the team leaves at the starting gate or in the first few minutes because not everyone is utterly maxed out or doesn't execute to the nano-second" kind of rage-quit BS. Sometimes they don't say anything, other times they type in a few namecalls and exit.
Old 2013-10-10, 18:29   Link #1169
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have a lot of RL interrupts now, but I do sympathize the 20s-40s (midrange) kind of malaise that set in -- the middle of the tunnel effect.

Most people seem to be experiencing the most trouble though with their second or third class level ups (they've done the storyline and may run out of the low-level side quests in/near other cities). Yeah, hunting logs are often forgotten - they're good. Tag everything you can in a FATE, try to group for FATES.

And always have dungeons on queue, though I'm getting more and more crapola "half the team leaves at the starting gate or in the first few minutes because not everyone is utterly maxed out or doesn't execute to the nano-second" kind of rage-quit BS. Sometimes they don't say anything, other times they type in a few namecalls and exit.
I personally encountered that like 5 times in a row for ak. Heck even when I was near 50% DL, there is this tank who refuse to run and refuse to leave, claiming that he only does 30 mins speed run and is basically telling the remaining 3 members,to leave the party.

This in turn create another problem: ppl keeping quiet... I encountered a dragoon last time who was fighting the last boss in ak for the first time. He caused the first wipe when he did not run away from us when the boss dropped that orb(died at the end of the second run in this manner too... And the whm was saying that we were stupid for not running away... I admit I took it for granted that all the members know what to do). I figured out that it was his first time there due to all of above +he was tanking all the dmg and not knowing where to hide etc, so ending up me giving him a live, last minute tutorial on what to do.

Personally, I will prefer if the other members tell us it's their first time or something. I dun mind teaching them what to do to the best of my knowledge and there are players who do not mind newbies; already had 2 players who endured the whole 90 mins to teach a new tank.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:40   Link #1170
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
I personally encountered that like 5 times in a row for ak. Heck even when I was near 50% DL, there is this tank who refuse to run and refuse to leave, claiming that he only does 30 mins speed run and is basically telling the remaining 3 members,to leave the party.

This in turn create another problem: ppl keeping quiet... I encountered a dragoon last time who was fighting the last boss in ak for the first time. He caused the first wipe when he did not run away from us when the boss dropped that orb(died at the end of the second run in this manner too... And the whm was saying that we were stupid for not running away... I admit I took it for granted that all the members know what to do). I figured out that it was his first time there due to all of above +he was tanking all the dmg and not knowing where to hide etc, so ending up me giving him a live, last minute tutorial on what to do.

Personally, I will prefer if the other members tell us it's their first time or something. I dun mind teaching them what to do to the best of my knowledge and there are players who do not mind newbies; already had 2 players who endured the whole 90 mins to teach a new tank.
I'm beginning to think the Duty Finder needs some kind of qualifier switches for # of times or something. It's annoying whether I'm a neophyte or veteran to have people drop out and have wasted the queue time. A few switches up front ("newbies OK", "speedrun only", etc) might mitigate that.

There's a bonus for having first times in the group (it announces that) but apparently it isn't enough for some people.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:57   Link #1171
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

You served in the army right? Think of it as the same thing for the sabo-king who suffers from comprehension issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm beginning to think the Duty Finder needs some kind of qualifier switches for # of times or something. It's annoying whether I'm a neophyte or veteran to have people drop out and have wasted the queue time. A few switches up front ("newbies OK", "speedrun only", etc) might mitigate that.

There's a bonus for having first times in the group (it announces that) but apparently it isn't enough for some people.
There should be a "exp refund" of 50% for those who quit halfway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:10   Link #1172
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You served in the army right? Think of it as the same thing for the sabo-king who suffers from comprehension issues.

There should be a "exp refund" of 50% for those who quit halfway.
That one can't help lol, cos since I am playing as a smn and the english speaking player is a blm and the healer is a japanese, we only know vaguely what a tank is supposed to do. Thus we just guide "vaguely" and try to compromise along the way. There are times where I nearly have to leave since the dungeon took too long and is enroaching on my meal time. But then, miraclulously, the moment I inform the rest my dinner time is here, they clear the dungeon lol.

But equip suffered 50% lost in durability, we will say it is "sibeh jialat" lol.
Old 2013-10-10, 23:40   Link #1173
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That one can't help lol, cos since I am playing as a smn and the english speaking player is a blm and the healer is a japanese, we only know vaguely what a tank is supposed to do. Thus we just guide "vaguely" and try to compromise along the way. There are times where I nearly have to leave since the dungeon took too long and is enroaching on my meal time. But then, miraclulously, the moment I inform the rest my dinner time is here, they clear the dungeon lol.

But equip suffered 50% lost in durability, we will say it is "sibeh jialat" lol.
Speak in pure vocabulary. Like "Stand behind boss", "Heal tank then Medica", "Run around him, don't stop moving", etc.

Sure it makes you sound like an idiot, but at least it is better than getting a party wipe.

Btw, WORLD TRANSFER STARTS NEXT WEEK!

So where is everyone going?

Old 2013-10-11, 03:13   Link #1174
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Come to Faerie and play with me~. After the upgrade I rarely have any problems logging in, and even when I do I just gotta wait few seconds for the queue to clear up. Even the ffxiv website says we are one of the uncrowded worlds! It'd be nice to get to play with some of you guys from the forums.

Actually, I managed to join a fairly nice FC couple weeks ago, and came to appreciate how nice it is to belong in an active, progressively endgame group. For one thing, I don't have to wait for Duties anymore, at least for the grindfest ones like AK and CM. Its unthinkable that I used to wait 40+ minutes to get into one. Atm I'm trying to get my DL set so I can join in on the titan runs and finally get my relic. But gawd I hate grinding CM, though AK is a bit more bearable.
Also, I started to train conjurers, and didn't realize how much easier for healers to get into Duties. As a dps, I always had a long wait time, but as a conjurer, I rarely wait more than 5 minutes to get into one.
Old 2013-10-11, 08:36   Link #1175
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Also, I started to train conjurers, and didn't realize how much easier for healers to get into Duties. As a dps, I always had a long wait time, but as a conjurer, I rarely wait more than 5 minutes to get into one.
Guess that confirms the hunch that you guys give me on this forum now...

Apparently 2 of my Free Company mates are DPS and they had like 2 hours of waiting time to get in... while when I (a Gladiator) party with them, we do not need even 5secs to get in 1 AK...

Well, come join me at Hades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Speak in pure vocabulary. Like "Stand behind boss", "Heal tank then Medica", "Run around him, don't stop moving", etc.

Sure it makes you sound like an idiot, but at least it is better than getting a party wipe.
For me, if I see my team is a mixture, I will speak in 2 languages (Japanese and English.)

That is what I will do, since this allows me to be able to tell them how/what to do for some dungeons that I cleared. Being able to learn these 2 languages does help in understanding how to clear some dungeons.

IIRC, those people in FCs are not eligible to go for server transfer unless they quit the FC.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2013-10-11 at 08:54.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 15:30   Link #1176
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

WOW!! just done brayflox for the first time(well tried) lost one time against the boss cause i didnt notice that green stuff, while i was avoiding the boss aoe, and 2plp called me retarded(well technicaly they asked if i was a special needs kid) and left the group!!
Wat the hell is wrong with plp today!? Dont tell me everyone gets real serious about the game after lvl30
Old 2013-10-12, 15:46   Link #1177
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
My advice to you is to find a good Free Company. Duty Finder groups are going to be of... lesser quality much of the time.
Old 2013-10-13, 08:25   Link #1178
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
WOW!! just done brayflox for the first time(well tried) lost one time against the boss cause i didnt notice that green stuff, while i was avoiding the boss aoe, and 2plp called me retarded(well technicaly they asked if i was a special needs kid) and left the group!!
Wat the hell is wrong with plp today!? Dont tell me everyone gets real serious about the game after lvl30
You can say that because they cannot stand newbies to the dungeon as if I am not wrong, Brayflox is actually an easy dungeon, with an easy boss... (the reason they call you retarded is most likely because you tank him (I assume you are a tanker.) at the green puddles, and you didnt take note of the notice that says "Aiatar is using the Green puddle to recover its HP.")

However, not all of them are like that. There are some people who actually explains your wrongdoings and eventually you can improve on that. Usually, these people explains the boss's mechanics before the fight begins, and they treat one failure as a training session for those first timers.

When you reach level 50, people will less likely start talking about your armors instead of your ability to do the dungeon (Usually will be about Darklight armors.). But really, I have seen people who have those armors and still die tanking (Especially Garuda Hard).

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2013-10-13 at 08:45.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 09:41   Link #1179
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well I just finished the storyline and am starting out on the Hardmode primals - had to wait for half a week to get a decent party when most just dropped after waiting for half hour. Don't these people have any patience?

The last boss is a joke not just because of it's easiness, but the various shoutouts -

Spoiler for Huge Endgame spoilers:

Old 2013-10-13, 10:07   Link #1180
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
You can say that because they cannot stand newbies to the dungeon as if I am not wrong, Brayflox is actually an easy dungeon, with an easy boss... (the reason they call you retarded is most likely because you tank him (I assume you are a tanker.) at the green puddles, and you didnt take note of the notice that says "Aiatar is using the Green puddle to recover its HP.")
Yes, it was rather silly to try and hold the tango in place at the very spot he/she/it is using to heal... but having epithets like 'retarded' (and possibly worse) slung at you for it is pretty much out of order. Which ties into...

Quote:
However, not all of them are like that. There are some people who actually explains your wrongdoings and eventually you can improve on that. Usually, these people explains the boss's mechanics before the fight begins, and they treat one failure as a training session for those first timers.
This subgrouping, sadly, sounds like a minority in gaming communities; this really shouldn't be the case. It sounds to me like lots of people forget the following:
  • once upon a time, they were the rookies;
  • they themselves would certainly take offense at the invective they seem fond of dishing out; and
  • they probably wouldn't address anyone like that in person
I am honestly curious as to why communities become so toxic and unfriendly to new members (League of Legends, I understand, is infamous for this - one GameInformer writer was reported to have stated that he'd rather deal with 'the dregs of the CoD: Black Ops player base' than that lot). Granted, it's a lot less of a problem if you have a decent squad you go into the field with regularly...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg