AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 19:00   Link #341
kitten320

Lol liked the whole girlfriend part, can somehow understand Sujin's confusion and misery there

Eiji is a creep, as it is always said... crazy people are the most talented ones.
Old 2010-11-28, 19:18   Link #342
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Miyoshi is amazing. amazing tsundere.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:46   Link #343
tera_ha

loving miyoshi
Old 2010-11-29, 07:42   Link #344
Vento

I like the scene in Shujin's house. It's funny, especially combined with Saiko's straight man remarks D:
Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:53   Link #345
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah the part with the girls was hilarious.
Seriously "Shaking hands" = "Dating" lulz... btw anyone noticed that Iwase forgot to take her bag... technical issues i guess..

Eji is crazy but that makes the show better ^^ I want to see the clash between him and Saiko's team.

Anyway , some manga readers said that the anime spend more time on School life than the manga (technic , drawing , etc.... )
Kinda true , i want to see more drawing manga part.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:56   Link #346
kitten320

They've spent too much time on the romance between main cast, it was not needed especially since all the progress could be summed up in several moments.
Old 2010-12-01, 11:08   Link #347
Vicious108

The romance is easily the show's weakest point. First we have a promise of marriage between fourteen year olds who then go on to only talk through written text and now girls falling in love with a guy because he shook their hand/wanted to talk to them. I really wish they'd focus only on the manga writing parts, cause the story could really do without the rest.

Also, Eiji needs to do something already. Yes, he's "special", we get it, now please can we have an appearance by him that lasts longer than a few seconds and where he does something other than make strange noises.

The plot is moving at a snail's pace. Maybe I should just read the manga.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 01:44   Link #348
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The romance is easily the show's weakest point. First we have a promise of marriage between fourteen year olds who then go on to only talk through written text and now girls falling in love with a guy because he shook their hand/wanted to talk to them. I really wish they'd focus only on the manga writing parts, cause the story could really do without the rest.

Also, Eiji needs to do something already. Yes, he's "special", we get it, now please can we have an appearance by him that lasts longer than a few seconds and where he does something other than make strange noises.

The plot is moving at a snail's pace. Maybe I should just read the manga.
I may be taking what you said the wrong way, as it sounds like you're an anime only viewer. If that's not the case, I apologize.

It's been a while since I read this part of the manga, since I've been keeping up with it from the beginning. If I remember correctly though, things are sticking pretty close, with some extra scenes put in (which I approve of, I like how they're expanding on some things). The thing is, this is the pace the manga moved at too. Realistically, it really didn't feel like the pacing got any faster until things were set (about a third of what's out now).

Also, Eiji appears more now than he does at this point in the manga. Even this appearance was an extra. Though it sheds some amusing light on things to come! That few seconds made me laugh for sure.

Honestly, I'm loving the anime so far. Can't wait for more. I wonder when they'll cut if off at. I do hope this gets a second season. Such good material to work with.
Old 2010-12-02, 03:32   Link #349
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I may be taking what you said the wrong way, as it sounds like you're an anime only viewer. If that's not the case, I apologize.

It's been a while since I read this part of the manga, since I've been keeping up with it from the beginning. If I remember correctly though, things are sticking pretty close, with some extra scenes put in (which I approve of, I like how they're expanding on some things). The thing is, this is the pace the manga moved at too. Realistically, it really didn't feel like the pacing got any faster until things were set (about a third of what's out now).

Also, Eiji appears more now than he does at this point in the manga. Even this appearance was an extra. Though it sheds some amusing light on things to come! That few seconds made me laugh for sure.

Honestly, I'm loving the anime so far. Can't wait for more. I wonder when they'll cut if off at. I do hope this gets a second season. Such good material to work with.
No, the manga moved a lot faster, and there are a lot of extra scenes. Or rather, the extra scenes are dragged out. However, I do like the extra stuff; get to see more interactions, especially on Azuki's side.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:19   Link #350
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

I agree with you above. The Manga is alot faster and I too also like the extended scenes, great show and a great manga.

On a side Note, and sry if this is a repost I dont really feel like checking but does anyone have any idea when the opening song Blue Bird will be released?
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 17:01   Link #351
Kallen4life

010 - I love how the OP, Naruto, Bleach stuff are all over the place inside SJ - makes me warm inside seeing as how I watch all three

interesting approach they're taking

Miyoshi brings/makes them coffee now, nice

also, couldn't help but notice Miyoshi's generous *assets* in the studio scene - that kinda went unnoticed to me in the school uniform .. Shujin did ok :O

PS on a side note, is Bleach still in the Big3 of SJ irl ? or is it something else ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:07   Link #352
kitten320

It is good that they are so determined and all but sometimes their close mindness pisses me off...

Yes Nizuma is of the same age with them but they are seriously forgetting the fact that in comparison to him, they started to work on manga only recently what means reaching Nizuma at this point is almost impossible.
Mashiro reminded me of a kid when he got obessed with serialization there in the studio -_-
Old 2010-12-05, 18:34   Link #353
Kallen4life

yeah me too

I guess that was the point

gotta get the girl & all
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-05, 21:01   Link #354
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
010 - I love how the OP, Naruto, Bleach stuff are all over the place inside SJ - makes me warm inside seeing as how I watch all three

interesting approach they're taking

Miyoshi brings/makes them coffee now, nice

also, couldn't help but notice Miyoshi's generous *assets* in the studio scene - that kinda went unnoticed to me in the school uniform .. Shujin did ok :O

PS on a side note, is Bleach still in the Big3 of SJ irl ? or is it something else ?
not just that, but the authors who judged the Tezuka award. listen to their names again .

for the bleach question, check out the sales figures for 2010 at Oricon (or ANN news). 1. OP (32million), 2. Naruto (7million), 5. Bleach (5million). No. 3 is Kimi No Todoke & No.4 is Fairy Tail, which are not Jump, so yup Bleach is still part of Big 3 in Jump. Bakuman is pretty consistently high in the ToC last few months but didn't yet hit top 10 in sales yet. Nura & Gintama can be inconsistent at times, but both made it into top 10. Jump might have also found a new winner in Enigma, given how popular it is right now.
Old 2010-12-05, 21:36   Link #355
kitten320

I'm suprised that Bleach didn't drop after such horrible arc and story telling...
Old 2010-12-06, 09:21   Link #356
Xagzan

Guess the main target audience has low standards. What I'm really confused about, from those figures above, is how is OP so vastly outselling both Naruto and Bleach? Maybe I should start reading it after all...

I mean, I think the only mangaka I recognized in that list of judges was Kishimoto.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 09:22   Link #357
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still think that Eiji guy is just completely gone. I'd hate to be stuck working with him. Sure he's apparently crazy talented, but he's still pretty out there. Would probably have to get used to just nodding to his crazy sound effects while trying to figure out what he wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm suprised that Bleach didn't drop after such horrible arc and story telling...
Well if people have stuck with something for so long probably find it hard to give up on it no matter how iffy things get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Guess the main target audience has low standards. What I'm really confused about, from those figures above, is how is OP so vastly outselling both Naruto and Bleach? Maybe I should start reading it after all...

I mean, I think the only mangaka I recognized in that list of judges was Kishimoto.
I'm not really surprised by those figures. Have seen all three and would say OP is definitely the superior series. Actually got stronger over time while the others got a bit worse.
Old 2010-12-06, 09:49   Link #358
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Still think that Eiji guy is just completely gone. I'd hate to be stuck working with him. Sure he's apparently crazy talented, but he's still pretty out there. Would probably have to get used to just nodding to his crazy sound effects while trying to figure out what he wants.
Eiji has some interesting development, though I can't say if they'll get to show it if these 25 episodes are all there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well if people have stuck with something for so long probably find it hard to give up on it no matter how iffy things get.
I'm not really surprised by those figures. Have seen all three and would say OP is definitely the superior series. Actually got stronger over time while the others got a bit worse.
Huh. Looks like I got some 600+ chapters to read in the future.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 11:40   Link #359
larethian

@Xagzan
This might be a little off topic, and I'm saying this based on my knowledge, but everyone I know who has read both One Piece and Naruto agrees that OP >>> Naruto, myself included. There's no doubt. And most Naruto fans who think otherwise haven't read one piece, or have randomly touched a few chapters or episodes and based their judgement on that. The only exceptions I know of who truly have read both and still think Naruto wins fall under a particular demographic, like below 12 years. And I do love Naruto, but the awesomeness of One Piece just can't be explained in a few sentences.

Back to Bakuman, Oda is One Piece's author, and Toriyama is Dragonball's author.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:38   Link #360
Kallen4life

I agree with larethian

personally I think Naruto is alright, I happen to love Bleach on a subjective level (I guess Kubo's trolling got me .. the music and the humor don't hurt either .. + it has the most sword-fighting and I could watch that for eternity .. and Aizen kinda mesmerises you), but One Piece's quality is undoubtedly better, no contest there - it's latest Marineford arc is one of the most epic things in manga history

btw can someone list all the names that were mentioned as judges in ep10 ? I got only Kishi, though maybe I wasn't paying enough attention
We are Blackwatch

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen