AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-03-10, 21:02   Link #841
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The black box covering her eyes = fail. Everyone should freaking know who she is, really.
Old 2009-03-10, 21:03   Link #842
Fran~
floating away...

Nah... i'm talking about Kashii, not Kihara. Besides, the black box is an irony...
Old 2009-03-10, 21:04   Link #843
typhonsentra

It's just a gag.

By the way, that one short haired brunette model keeps popping up in the show, is she hideous or what?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 21:10   Link #844
Fran~
floating away...

She is the future mass murder of the school... she will let a notice saying that she had some awful years, nobody talked her and such...
Old 2009-03-11, 17:37   Link #845
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
She is the future mass murder of the school... she will let a notice saying that she had some awful years, nobody talked her and such...
hey, you need to put that is spoiler tags
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 19:05   Link #846
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Oh my god I've been spoiled. Griefers. :P

Actually, I was asking in another thread but guess I'll try here as well. Looking for some summaries to the side stories, particularly the one involving Haruta.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 22:20   Link #847
Jarmel

Ok I have a question, has the anime deviated from the light novels or is it going to be able to sum up the final novel with the last few episodes? I don't want to spoil myself but I want to know if the anime has been and will be faithful to the original source material.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 22:30   Link #848
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Ok I have a question, has the anime deviated from the light novels or is it going to be able to sum up the final novel with the last few episodes? I don't want to spoil myself but I want to know if the anime has been and will be faithful to the original source material.
It's been fairly faithful so far.

As for your question, probably. The scriptwriters got a draft of the final novel months ago, so...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 22:38   Link #849
Jarmel

Thank you that's great news. I would love to see it stick to the original material as the anime has been great so far and I'm just waiting for the novels to be translated at this point. If as you say they received a draft months ago then the ending should be planned to be somewhat close to the novels(despite some early hiccups in the anime).
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 23:02   Link #850
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for volume 9/10 question:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 23:04   Link #851
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for volume 9/10 question:
Spoiler for your first question:
Old 2009-03-12, 08:15   Link #852
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was wondering but... who can I contact at Baka Tsuki regarding their translations for Toradora and a few other mangas?

I started reading their translations recently and... well... I'm not saying it's bad, things are obviously lost in the translation, but the English could use some editing and restructuring here and there to make it less rigid and more freeflowing. I was also interested in their attempt to translate Toradora into Tagalog, which is essentially my native language anyway, and thought I might be able to help.

Anyway I'm horrible at reading Japanese, so if ever I can contribute, it'll be editing and translating English to Tagalog.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 08:25   Link #853
typhonsentra

You could go on their forums and post a comment with some contact information.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 13:22   Link #854
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was wondering but... who can I contact at Baka Tsuki regarding their translations for Toradora and a few other mangas?

I started reading their translations recently and... well... I'm not saying it's bad, things are obviously lost in the translation, but the English could use some editing and restructuring here and there to make it less rigid and more freeflowing. I was also interested in their attempt to translate Toradora into Tagalog, which is essentially my native language anyway, and thought I might be able to help.

Anyway I'm horrible at reading Japanese, so if ever I can contribute, it'll be editing and translating English to Tagalog.
i was just mentioning this in another thread. the writing style is really rigid and un stylistic. its all very "matter-of-fact" if that makes sense.

there is someone who is doing an english retelling into an american setting using the translated script. since that project is already started why not join up with them?
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:02   Link #855
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
there is someone who is doing an english retelling into an american setting using the translated script. since that project is already started why not join up with them?
Because 1990's localization policies were horrible and the people doing that project should feel horrible.
Old 2009-03-14, 00:54   Link #856
roan

My major gripe with that localization project is the conversion of the 3rd person into the 1st person. That is going to cause a lot of problems......

Ah, I shouldn't be posting.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 01:15   Link #857
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, I don't necessarily have a problem with smoothing the text or adjusting the sentence to be explicit where Japanese normally leaves implied. I can even deal with some Americanization of slang. But changing the "point of view" was probably a tactical error.
Old 2009-03-14, 01:18   Link #858
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I dunno 'bout the English adaptation, I find its switch to first person (Ryuuji's) POV somewhat unnecesary.

(EDIT: aaaand due to that 1-minute rule, there were two others before me who stated the same opinion )
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 01:21   Link #859
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Changing a POV like that is basically reWRITE rather than a translation.... yeah, a step too much.
Old 2009-03-14, 13:21   Link #860
wistfulloner

Yeah its no longer a translation, but its still a nice touch. Reading the story from another angle is always interesting, especially if its written well.
wistfulloner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, shounen