Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-05-05, 11:24   Link #261
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I was told that there is a regular BD for the movie on the collectors edition.
That's fantastic. It means that those who buy the Ultimate Collector's edition can watch the 1080p version straightaway and experience the 4K version later. I do hope it's native 4K rather than an upscale.
Old 2017-05-05, 21:03   Link #262
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's too bad Funimation couldn't have been sold out to a major distributor in time for Your Name to get the U.S. campaign it deserved.
It kills me that it's so hard to get a hold of anything for this movie. Amazon told me I have to wait 1-3 weeks for them to source the US version of the movie soundtrack, and that only came out in March. Kinda sad I could probably get it faster by reverse double importing it from Japan

At least I should get my metal charms from Japan next week sometime.
Old 2017-05-07, 14:20   Link #263
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I saw the movie last thursday, I was so blown away by how good the movie was and when the USA gets a release I will buy it day one. I saw the subtitled version.
Kamijou Touma IB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 11:59   Link #264
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

now it's official.

http://kiminona.com/bd-dvd/
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 17:06   Link #265
Jaden

It's a cool movie and I really wanna like it...but, it does that multiple timeline thing to make time travel work, and I think that's bullshit. Because great, you got your happy ending, but you're still miserable/dead in that other timeline. That always bothers me.

The symbolism was nice though. If you draw the time travel plot as a diagram, it looks like one of those woven braid things with the two of them going back and forth to random days. And you could do a mythological interpretation, where part of the dragon god falls off and explodes, creating a short-lived alternate universe that casts echoes into the original.

It's not how I like my time travel story, but it's cute. So I guess I'll give it a pass.

By the way, they never explained how...what's her name again? got her village to evacuate. It looked like an epic fail, but then they skip ahead and everything's worked out fine?
Old 2017-05-09, 22:09   Link #266
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
CDJapan confirms English Subtitles! Yay! It seems that CDJapan has the better deal than Amazon JP if you want the collectors edition because it comes with the external bonus bookmarks.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 23:19   Link #267
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
CDJapan confirms English Subtitles! Yay! It seems that CDJapan has the better deal than Amazon JP if you want the collectors edition because it comes with the external bonus bookmarks.
I dunno if it's worth 2,400 yen for some bookmarks (Standard collector's edition is 9600 yen on amazon right now if you're outside of Japan). That being said, that crazy amazon exclusive collector's edition for 13,000 yen does have the bookmarks plus an A4 frame and 2 postcards according to the product breakdown.
Old 2017-05-10, 13:02   Link #268
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I ordered the Special Edition without the Amazon Exclusives. Yeah, really not worth the extra 3,000 yen for that stuff. I love digipacks though. I learned my lesson whenever you buy the regular edition for any movie, you get a bare bones generic BD case with only the disc.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 14:51   Link #269
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Your Name. just beat Howl's Moving Castle for 11th highest grossing anime movie in America
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 18:01   Link #270
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Shinkai said he's working on his next project. i hope he goes back to sci-fi and makes a better voices of a distant star.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 12:17   Link #271
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Shinkai said he's working on his next project. i hope he goes back to sci-fi and makes a better voices of a distant star.
Word, although a historical doing something like the Gold Rush would also be quite fun to watch
Old 2017-05-25, 17:16   Link #272
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I just ordered the regular Blu-ray edition from Amazon Japan.
Old 2017-05-29, 08:55   Link #273
Kakurin
大佐

Not surprisingly, Kimi no Na Wa is running away with the sales on Amazon. On the total anime rankings including both BDs and DVDs Kimi no Na Wa occupies #1, #2, #4, #5 (BD regular, DVD regular, 4k, BD Special).
Old 2017-06-04, 12:01   Link #274
zeross87

amazon just sent my kimi no nawa novel, it arrive on wednesday i'm so hyper
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 12:32   Link #275
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
amazon just sent my kimi no nawa novel, it arrive on wednesday i'm so hyper
Fabulous news, I hope you enjoy reading it I pre-ordered it back with my local retailer in April, and while they stipulated a release date of May 23, I somehow got mine on May 16.
Old 2017-06-12, 11:16   Link #276
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Fabulous news, I hope you enjoy reading it I pre-ordered it back with my local retailer in April, and while they stipulated a release date of May 23, I somehow got mine on May 16.

I finished it and I must say that while I enjoyed it I preferred the movie. The gorgeous visuals or the fact that I watched the movie first certainly do play a role but I feel like the part I didn't like on the movie I liked even less on the novel. It's the part where we are not shown the building relation between taki and mitsuba with their many switch. In the movie I accepted it reluctantly because I understand time was a concern but in a novel it really feel like a utter waste
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 11:52   Link #277
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
I finished it and I must say that while I enjoyed it I preferred the movie. The gorgeous visuals or the fact that I watched the movie first certainly do play a role but I feel like the part I didn't like on the movie I liked even less on the novel. It's the part where we are not shown the building relation between taki and mitsuba with their many switch. In the movie I accepted it reluctantly because I understand time was a concern but in a novel it really feel like a utter waste
The book is probably best seen as a companion to the movie: it feels quite turbulent in some spots and this is only smoothed out because we're coming in with the movie's presentation in mind. Having said that, reading the book allows for some additional insights to be gained about the film.
Old 2017-06-27, 16:20   Link #278
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

damn, that 4k blu ray cover art looks good.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 00:21   Link #279
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Whelp, movie surpassed Spirited Away in japan. good job Mr. Shinkai.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 02:31   Link #280
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Whelp, movie surpassed Spirited Away in japan. good job Mr. Shinkai.
not yet. Japanese site still label them bellow spirited away

http://www.kogyotsushin.com/archives/alltime/

updated 4 days ago

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote