AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-03-28, 15:12   Link #4601
GendoAizenPig

It's pretty unfortunate that the limiters didn't get a power up to keep up with the Nova power creep. I have a bit of hope that we'll see them do something when the manga switches back to battle on Earth. Even if it's just helping wounded Pandora to safety or something. The manga reason given was that there was only enough Soul Power to send the Pandora to help Kazuya which makes sense when as I said the limiters are pretty useless against the stronger Nova types.

I don't see any reason to come to the conclusion that the alternate dimension is an avenue for a harem ending. Most of the girls haven't even said anything to Kazuya. Even if he does gain some affections he'll turn them down. He has made it clear that he loves only Satellizer multiple times in the manga. The girls most likely won't even be able to leave the dimension without overriding their dimensional equivalents as shown with Satellizer.

The mobile game is irrelevant to the manga. You're playing "Kazuya" so the game is obviously going to let you romance everyone. That's just simple marketing.

The series has had multiple chances to become a shitty harem and has thankfully avoided them at every turn. At best it has a love triangle, but even that is stretching it. I don't see any reason to believe that'll change as the manga seemingly is reaching its conclusion. While I can't see the future, I'm hopeful that it'll stick with the OTP that it has actually developed pretty well since the beginning.
GendoAizenPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 08:29   Link #4602
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I can see Kazuya being forced to keep both Satellizer and Rana actually, because of the deal those two made where Satellizer has to share him with Rana. Hopefully it won't happen, though.

Edit: I just read Chapter 225. It's not by Vexed and Let-It-Go Scans, though. They were shitty translations, but I think I got the gist of it.

Aoi Gengo was the only one who understood Maria Lancelot's message and the Transcendent Will. The Transcendent Will wanted to make humans evolve until they transformed into souls and became one with the energy of the universe. Gengo wanted to stop this evolution, but by him trying to stop it and from human emotions, Nova were created. It's possible I misunderstood something, though.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2019-03-29 at 09:42.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 14:13   Link #4603
GendoAizenPig

The thing with Rana is all the instances of her "Second Wife" stuff has been straight comedy. Even the deal was more of Satellizer agreeing because she knows Kazuya would never do it, but honestly I've seen dumber things happen in anime/manga so it's not impossible.

Yeah the translations have been messy. That combined with the constant hiatuses have made this a hard one to keep up with. I've been reading the English volumes which are currently in the Busters arc so it really won't be much longer until they get to the current arc. Next Year they'll probably only be a volume or two behind.
GendoAizenPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-30, 05:53   Link #4604
amtro
Distro

This series is on indefinite hiatus. Thought you'd all like to know.
Old 2019-04-09, 19:13   Link #4605
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Is that so? Sorta guessed, since there hasn't been a new chapter in 3 months, to think LDY's best story is now on hiatus, such a pity.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 11:02   Link #4606
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
So it got axed?
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-10, 11:27   Link #4607
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
So it got axed?
No, either it because of the artist health or that they need more time for the ending.
Old 2019-04-10, 17:05   Link #4608
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Kubo's health deteriorated, but he still continued only to give Bleach a rushed ending without being able to reveal everything he wanted to. He got to write the ending he had planned from the beginning, though, thankfully (note: he continued because of a fan letter). Bleach didn't get axed, mind you; he just had to rush to the ending because of his health. He had a torn shoulder tendon. I hope something like this doesn't happen to Freezing and that the author gets more time to draw it after his health condition is cured (if that's really what the problem is). Bleach was serialized in Shonen Jump so Kubo had more work load and couldn't rest despite the shoulder tendon because of that, but LDY doesn't seem to have that issue so it should be fine. In this case, we were saved by Freezing not being serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump I guess.
Old 2019-04-10, 18:09   Link #4609
Dj0rel
True Believer

It would seem to me that LDY had bitten more than he can chew. I mean the ending seemed obvious: Satella and co beat the goddesses of Eluka, stop them from sending more novas to Earth, everyone goes back home, Satella and Kazuya get married THE END.

But no, LDY decided that that was to simple. And he took the story in a direction in which he doesn't seem to have any clue on how to conclude it.
Old 2019-04-10, 18:24   Link #4610
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ Ah yes, i call that the Claymore.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-11, 06:02   Link #4611
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ Ah yes, i call that the Claymore.
WTF. What's Claymore got to do with this? Did it ever go on hiatus because the author didn't know how to conclude the story? Not as far as I remember.

Or did you just seriously come back to this thread after not posting on it since 2015 to trash talk an unrelated manga that has ended in 2014?
Old 2019-04-13, 00:57   Link #4612
coded321
He Who Games

yet another one of ldy works in a hiatus. also news that a new series of his is coming out next year...
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 15:08   Link #4613
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Are his works cursed to always end up like this? O.o
Old 2019-04-14, 16:53   Link #4614
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Maybe LDY plan to make Kazuya inherit the school and finish what they start. Just like how Rosario Vampire where Tsukune must inherit position as a new headmaster.

I do hope he can finish it at least. I do hope that this series won't end like "that series" due to same issue as well.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-27, 23:41   Link #4615
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Are his works cursed to always end up like this? O.o
Either they go on hiatus or they suffer a rushed ending, now I hope such a fate doesn't befall Freezing, it's his best work yet and it would be criminal if it met the same fate as all his other stories. But we'll see, I suppose.
Old 2019-09-05, 04:18   Link #4616
Alhazad2003

Finally read Chapters 223 and 224 in plain English, and MAN does it paint humanity in a bad light. Not to mention show how far Gengo was willing to go to preserve mankind. So in the end, mankind's greatest enemy, is mankind itself. Hence the need for the Nova to stop the self-destruction of humanity.

So in a sense, the war can never end, or else mankind will cease to exist. Talk about twisted irony. How will it end, remains to be seen. Let's all hope LDY brings this epic story to a conclusion, leaving it unfinished would be criminal.
Old 2019-09-06, 05:44   Link #4617
Dj0rel
True Believer

@Alhazad2003
This "plot twist" was completely unnecessary. I mean does anyone really read this because of it's wannabe philosophical mumbo jumbo. It feels like LDY is trying to make Freezing appear smarter then it actually is.

Right now, I read Freezing Color Edition and chapter 14 of it did a great job of reminding me of the real reason of why I kept reading Freezing for so long.
Old 2019-09-24, 15:53   Link #4618
Olengie

Was really hoping for this to actually finish this year. I guess not. If this ends up never finishing, will be annoyed as I followed this series for so many years.
Olengie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen