AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 22:01   Link #25061
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Posted Of Mice and Men to FF.net.

And now, who wants some Chrono/Yuuno?!

Spoiler for Playground Logic:
Old 2010-05-26, 00:02   Link #25062
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
The Arrows Fall Backwards

Part 1: Brave New World

Spoiler for The Arrows Fall Backwards -- Part I: Brave New World:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Oooh, this one! From the destruction involved, I could see the TSAB needing someone to take the fall, even if that someone is a nine-year old girl. I wonder how Nanoha will react to it all, since she might blame herself for giving Fate a chance, or use Fate as a target for her grief and anger...

And now to wonder what's happening next ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Because I was bored...probably been done before, but I've never seen it. More for RB though since she likes this sort of thing...I think

Spoiler for Well done...my daughter...:

*runs before she gets skewered by bullets*
Fascinating concept , I've always been fascinated with that scene in the first season. Having Fate be infused with a Jewel Seed is an interesting idea, but I'm wondering, what was Fate's wish? If she wanted to help her mother, I wonder if she could have taken Precia to Al-Hazard instead of fight...

Fate's characterization post-Jewel Seed insertion didn't really sit with me...she seemed a little too dark and harsh, unless the process altered her personality?

Great idea though, I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Double post for great justice... and also fic!

false light
a false light casts a darker Shadow...
Interesting, interesting . Lutecia's going to have her hands full there, as her mission seemed to have gotten more complicated in one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well I had a thought of a particular something that Vivio could abuse if she wanted to:

Spoiler for Get Out of Jail Free Card:

Spoiler for note:
I had forgotten about the VA detail, so it was only after I read the author's note that I laughed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I spent the last two days working on this, and honestly, for some reason I couldn't quite pin it down even though I knew what I wanted from the characters. Anyway, this is the romantic short I've owed Syn for awhile, the official start of the Celica/Victor ship, if you will.

I apologize if it's a bit disjointed, that tends to happen when I stretch the writing period over several days.

Spoiler for But:
As always, your little details show a lot of character . I especially like how Celica seems like a very self-aware person--she knows what makes her tick, she knows what people are probably up to, she knows how she feels about things and what kinds of ends are likely to come. Rational, yet not too cold. It fits quite nicely with how she's been shown in Syn's false light .

Quote:
Payback for all those times she had been teased about her nonexistent sex life.
Now THAT'S just the best line in there!

Great job RB, and just randomly, from Victor's description he looks nothing like how I imagined him to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Another short from me.

Spoiler for Question:

Spoiler for Notes:
Woah, until you mentioned "Vita" I thought it was Hayate who was talking with Signum . And that confused me some, since the lack of tags meant that I got the two speakers mixed up since neither of them were saying anything I expected them to (it was reading "at least she wasn't as bad as their masters had been" that made me think it was Hayate).

Having Signum think one thing and say another was interesting to read, it gave an interesting feel of Signum's character and thought patterns to do something like that.

Quote:
Awww, that was a sweet little short

Well here's a new fic from me. With Nanya's permission, I've written this story that is set in the Day in the Life timeline that focuses on Miyuki and Shamal.

Spoiler for Of Mice and Men:

Spoiler for notes:
I liked the idea of the story, of having Miyuki and Shamal split because in a way, they loved each other too much (always worrying) and also not enough (not trusting the other to properly take care of herself). The writing was good, nothing too dramatic and having both of them at a stage where they were sad, but getting that they weren't going to be able to fix what went wrong and not having hard feelings about it.

That being said, I actually think that in Day in the Life, Shamal doesn't flutter over Miyuki to the point that you describe in this story. I would actually frown more on Miyuki in Day, since she's pretty reckless with herself in a way that I find unprofessional and frankly, a tad superfluous. So actually, I could see Shamal dumping Miyuki instead, for refusing to take care of herself and ignoring medical advice.

It's a good story, but I personally have trouble connecting it to the events in Day at this point. I can see this maybe after a long, long build-up, but I'd think that Miyuki and Shamal would be the types who would be humble enough to address the issue before then . But then again, that's up to Nanya and RB .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 00:23   Link #25063
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I liked the idea of the story, of having Miyuki and Shamal split because in a way, they loved each other too much (always worrying) and also not enough (not trusting the other to properly take care of herself). The writing was good, nothing too dramatic and having both of them at a stage where they were sad, but getting that they weren't going to be able to fix what went wrong and not having hard feelings about it.

That being said, I actually think that in Day in the Life, Shamal doesn't flutter over Miyuki to the point that you describe in this story. I would actually frown more on Miyuki in Day, since she's pretty reckless with herself in a way that I find unprofessional and frankly, a tad superfluous. So actually, I could see Shamal dumping Miyuki instead, for refusing to take care of herself and ignoring medical advice.

It's a good story, but I personally have trouble connecting it to the events in Day at this point. I can see this maybe after a long, long build-up, but I'd think that Miyuki and Shamal would be the types who would be humble enough to address the issue before then . But then again, that's up to Nanya and RB .
Heh, well I'll admit that my mind may have embellished things Day is so huge with so much going on it's impossible to keep everything straight I was also working off the idea that after Miyuki made it through that last seal and got released that Shamal would get extra protective. People in their first relationships tend to try a bit too hard, trying to be with and please their partner as much as possible and it can usually cause a break up.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:29   Link #25064
Jimmy C

Quote:
Oh, and concerning the Devices, they were obtained during the Wolkenritter's rampage on Earth--they were taking out Bureau clerks to gain pages for the Book before they switched to fighting alien monsters on other worlds. Gil Graham also encountered an injured clerk on Earth as well. These guys just put out a very wide net and managed to obtain enough bits and pieces to construct some functional tech out of it.
Simply being able to kitbash together a makeshift Device out of broken pieces isn't going to help anyone on Earth figure out the technology. Reverse engineering doesn't work that way. Devices depend on two things that the people of UAW 97 have no idea about. First, an energy source that isn't supposed to exist according to their worldview. Second, the "generator" for this energy being inside humans. They'd need someone who knows about magic and Linker Cores to show them the way. Otherwise, they won't even know if they've got a working Device or not.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 00:39   Link #25065
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Heh, well I'll admit that my mind may have embellished things Day is so huge with so much going on it's impossible to keep everything straight I was also working off the idea that after Miyuki made it through that last seal and got released that Shamal would get extra protective. People in their first relationships tend to try a bit too hard, trying to be with and please their partner as much as possible and it can usually cause a break up.
That's fair , as it's your idea. It's definitely possible from what's being shown in Day, but I guess I'm far more optimistic about Miyuki and Shamal's ability to talk things out!

Although if you say "please their partner", I'd think that it might be more likely that Shamal tries her hardest to give Miyuki her space and just bottles up her own concerns, possibly leading to conflict in other areas as the tension and unsaid worries build . Or maybe she would sneakily keep tabs on Miyuki, but when the truth comes out it causes a huge rift. It would fit with her character, as the Wolkenritter spent their whole existence before Hayate blankly obeying and pleasing their past masters.

But anyways, that's just logistics . The story itself was very good, I liked the maturity in everyone, it really came through in your writing.
Old 2010-05-26, 05:03   Link #25066
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Just another piece of fanart for fanfic because I finally got some time - Satashi's version of Keroko's Syn. Originally was going to be based on Dezo's cracktastic comment on synergy a while back, but this came out instead :S

Spoiler for At ease, soldier.:

EDIT: attributions.

Last edited by yuiseppe; 2010-05-26 at 08:30.
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 09:44   Link #25067
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
It fits quite nicely with how she's been shown in Syn's false light .
Extremely relieved to hear that. I'd already discussed Celica's character at length with Syn before I sat down to type the short out, but I swear Celica was fighting me every step of the way; in the end, I'm glad people thought she was true to how she's been potrayed in false light, that means I didn't fail completely at showing her thoughts and feelings!

Quote:
Now THAT'S just the best line in there!
Lutecia tends to be the Butt Monkey in this area. A lot of people like to tease her about how she isn't getting any.

Quote:
Great job RB, and just randomly, from Victor's description he looks nothing like how I imagined him to be!
Victor's description was, again, something I discussed at length with Syn before I finally settled on what he looked like. I figured it was about time we had a physical description of the man, since he's never been properly described before.
Old 2010-05-26, 11:29   Link #25068
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Another short, I just keep thinking things up. *Shrug* Go figure.

Spoiler for Sleeping:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:46   Link #25069
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Extremely relieved to hear that. I'd already discussed Celica's character at length with Syn before I sat down to type the short out, but I swear Celica was fighting me every step of the way; in the end, I'm glad people thought she was true to how she's been potrayed in false light, that means I didn't fail completely at showing her thoughts and feelings!

Lutecia tends to be the Butt Monkey in this area. A lot of people like to tease her about how she isn't getting any.

Victor's description was, again, something I discussed at length with Syn before I finally settled on what he looked like. I figured it was about time we had a physical description of the man, since he's never been properly described before.
It was very well done .

I liked how Lutecia seems to absorb the jokes now and gets even, since it edges her into a more mature and calm personality that I like for her.

Yeah, funnily enough, I kept imagining Victor to look somewhat like Vice . Dunno why!

Quote:

Spoiler for Sleeping:

Spoiler for Comments:
Great thought, it could neatly explain why those two like sleeping together . I know it was probably just a random short, but I was a little disappointed in how it was written. I guess I'm biased, but I find the reasoning behind why Fate and Nanoha may like to snuggle interesting (say, for Fate it's because she's insecure, and for Nanoha maybe she's more clingy to others in sleep than she is normally?). So I'd much rather see a more "show" version that might hint at the deeper reasons why those two snuggle, while still keeping the light and fuzzy mood . I think I laughed the most at the part where Yuuno recounts the time Nanoha tried to eat him, that was one of my favourite eye-catches!

So yeah, I liked the whole idea running through the short, but it really felt like a wasted opportunity to write a great fluff-fic-with-hinted-deeper-meaning. The "tell" style is okay, but I think that you could do some pretty amazing things if you did it in a "show" style.
Old 2010-05-26, 14:58   Link #25070
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
Just another piece of fanart for fanfic because I finally got some time - Satashi's version of Keroko's Syn. Originally was going to be based on Dezo's cracktastic comment on synergy a while back, but this came out instead :S

Spoiler for At ease, soldier.:

EDIT: attributions.
*FLAILS* stop making me want to write more Synergy!!!!

It's already ruined because of Vivid T_T If I were to continue it, I'd have to add in Corona/Rio/Einhart.

.... Though I can see Rio laughing her butt off at Vivio being chained to Syn....

At any rate, I love it She's so..... AWESOME looking
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 17:30   Link #25071
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Simply being able to kitbash together a makeshift Device out of broken pieces isn't going to help anyone on Earth figure out the technology. Reverse engineering doesn't work that way. Devices depend on two things that the people of UAW 97 have no idea about. First, an energy source that isn't supposed to exist according to their worldview. Second, the "generator" for this energy being inside humans. They'd need someone who knows about magic and Linker Cores to show them the way. Otherwise, they won't even know if they've got a working Device or not.
The Devices that the US government picked up weren't nonfunctional, they were just damaged. Because Devices are keyed to their original owner, they weren't able to just pick them up and use them. But they were able to tear them down and take a peek inside at the guts, which they do understand to an extent thanks to the various leftovers from Al'hazred, the basis for all magitech.

Plus it's not like the mage folks who used Earth for their own personal battleground were very discreet. Also, the agency that runs this base has had their hands on the Precursor Artifact since the 1970s. They've had over forty years to study it. And they've existed longer than that--since after World War II, and they've found plenty of unusual things between then and MC 0088.

We already know that while most of Earth's humans have dormant Linker Cores, those who are active are very active. Terran-born mages are rare, but not impossible (i.e. Gil Graham, Nanoha Takamachi, Hayate Yagami and also Genya Nakajima's ancestors).

The Bureau takes a hands-off approach, even though NSIS knows about some of this, the Administrative Council does not and most military does not, either. Furthermore, it's easier to understand why this is possible when you understand just what the Precursor Artifact does. It was partially mentioned in Chapter 1, and if you want the whole story, you'll have to read the rest!

Because seriously this is the absolute core of the plot and there's no way I'm spoiling it here, even under tags.

It's also important to remember that this is an AU, RadiantBeam has already played very fast and loose with canon and I'm doing it even more so (since false light depends upon many things canon doesn't touch on or doesn't explain very well).

Edit:
To clarify, the Americans don't know anything about magic, specifically about styles or methodologies. They just know about the energy source that powers what Mid folks refer to as magic. In Chapter 4, there is a scene where Tizona picks up the protomages on his sensors and informs Celica that they are emitting magical energy signatures, but there's no indication of core logic. They don't know how to cast spells; they just figured out how to tap into that energy source to power technology that is, compared to what the Bureau has, very primitive. Wait for Chapter 4 to get more info.
Old 2010-05-26, 17:38   Link #25072
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
That's fair , as it's your idea. It's definitely possible from what's being shown in Day, but I guess I'm far more optimistic about Miyuki and Shamal's ability to talk things out!
*Double takes* Who are you and what have you done with the deathcurse who likes angst and endings that are vauge and inconclusive?!

Quote:

Spoiler for Sleeping:

Spoiler for Comments:
Is that really NanoFate? Cuz it seems to me that's just explaining the reason they plutonically share a bed, something along the lines of what I thought why they did that.

Anyways, it was very nice
Old 2010-05-26, 19:56   Link #25073
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Sorry for the double post, but it's slow tonight...

So it seemed that no one wanted some Chrono/Yuuno =/ Well, I uploaded it to FF.net anyways.

Also got a new short. In this, Nanoha discovers that no matter how good you are at something, some one will always be better.

Spoiler for Game Breaking:

Spoiler for note:
Old 2010-05-26, 21:15   Link #25074
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
It's also important to remember that this is an AU, RadiantBeam has already played very fast and loose with canon
Canon went flying out the window for Shadowverse around the time I revealed what kind of job Lutecia had. Everything else up to that could probably be considered at least loosely canon material at best, until Vivid was published.
Old 2010-05-26, 23:07   Link #25075
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
*Double takes* Who are you and what have you done with the deathcurse who likes angst and endings that are vauge and inconclusive?!

Haha , well, your ending wasn't really inconclusive now, was it?

Seriously though, in regards to Day I guess I see Miyuki and Shamal as likely being able to patch things up because neither of them seem to take themselves too seriously, and people like that are typically good with admitting they're wrong (which is huge in resolving these kinds of conflicts). I guess that's why I see it as a stretch to have them split up at this point, unless everything that could go wrong went wrong between them!

(Of course, if Miyuki died as a result of that story arc, and Shamal's heart is quietly broken and she continues on as usual but all her friends know that she's broken up inside...now that would be a nice vague and angsty ending! )
Old 2010-05-27, 00:09   Link #25076
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

*Points to Deathcurse* See, now here's a girl whose brain you want to pick for ideas!
Old 2010-05-27, 00:12   Link #25077
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but it's slow tonight...

So it seemed that no one wanted some Chrono/Yuuno =/ Well, I uploaded it to FF.net anyways.

Also got a new short. In this, Nanoha discovers that no matter how good you are at something, some one will always be better.

Spoiler for Game Breaking:

Spoiler for note:
I don't know Zeorymer, other than the Valzacard is more Gamebreaking. (6 SP base, nearly the size of Gunbuster, dodges pretty well.)

But still, something she can't break?

Unpossible! =O

Edit: BTW, didn't realize that it was you who wrote the Chrono/Yuuno snippet above.

Old 2010-05-27, 00:32   Link #25078
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
I don't know Zeorymer, other than the Valzacard is more Gamebreaking. (6 SP base, nearly the size of Gunbuster, dodges pretty well.)
But can it do this?!

Quote:
But still, something she can't break?

Unpossible! =O
Even if she could get through its force field, it's got instant regen too!

Quote:
Edit: BTW, didn't realize that it was you who wrote the Chrono/Yuuno snippet above.
Heh, I guess it is outside my usual range of content I recall a few people suggesting I do some Chrono/Yuuno awhile ago *shrug*.

I sure write a variety of pairings, don't I?
Old 2010-05-27, 00:35   Link #25079
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
But can it do this?!
Yes, Yes it can, and then it breaks dimensions.

Old 2010-05-27, 02:33   Link #25080
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

I'm going to be busy for a while with school and other stories, so I thought that I might start posting some of my random shorts in Fanfiction.net .

Looking Out, where Chrono gets into a fight and Lindy can guess why...

As for Crime Never Sleeps, Angel and Logs, they'll all likely be on hold for a little bit while I work through the various problems I've been having with them . Sorry about that!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha