Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-01, 12:49   Link #881
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Esdeath is overrated as a character, i don't see the charm neither does Tatsumi.

She's the Itachi of agk with the abnormally large fanbase but the difference is one is well written while the other isn't.
Well written or not, she is the best character of AgK.
Remove her then what's left? Generic good guys fighting generic bad guys, ugh ... >_<
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 12:55   Link #882
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Remove her then what's left? Generic good guys fighting generic bad guys, ugh ... >_<
I don't think Night Raid counts as generic.

And what have we seen that makes Esdesse unique? She's an evil sadist general who is ridiculously over-powered. Seems fairly standard Final Boss fare right there.
Old 2014-09-01, 13:04   Link #883
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
And what have we seen that makes Esdesse unique?
She has blue eyebrows. Usually when a character has blue hair, they still get standard black eyebrows. This makes Esdeath unique.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:05   Link #884
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She has blue eyebrows. Usually when a character has blue hair, they still get standard black eyebrows. This makes Esdeath unique.
...........I give up.
Old 2014-09-01, 13:12   Link #885
Tenzen12

Good job GDB, you bought us few episodes of peace (maybe).
Old 2014-09-01, 13:20   Link #886
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Good job GDB, you bought us few episodes of peace (maybe).
..........Please refer to the below to help improve your comprehension of my last post.

Quote:
sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
Does this help at all?
Old 2014-09-01, 13:44   Link #887
Tenzen12

I indeed hope so... did you read that properly before copypaste?
Old 2014-09-01, 13:47   Link #888
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I indeed hope so... did you read that properly before copypaste?
*sigh*

When I said "I give up", I was sarcastically acknowledging the ability of Esdeath fans to wank her to extreme degrees. I was not actually leaving the thread.
Old 2014-09-01, 13:52   Link #889
Tenzen12

Appearently you didn't read what sarcasm means when you quoted it... that or you think I am idiot. Not that I care either way.
Old 2014-09-01, 14:02   Link #890
HandofFate

the series is doing a good job in making people see esdeath like how bulat's old general saw her.

Immediately getting mesmerized by her. And then she turns on the dere mode, and the game is pretty much set for most people.
Old 2014-09-01, 14:23   Link #891
Juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Esdeath is also generic all villians are bland, at least one of the villians made things interesting.

A poorly no a bland character is being wanked to this degree, i want grasp how Esdeath pulled in so many fans is it cause she gives constant fanservice? there's nothing unique about her she's 1 dimensional.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:43   Link #892
Tenzen12

So far Esdeath had too limited screentime (like 5 minutes altogether I would guess)decide whether she is bland villain or whatever.
Old 2014-09-01, 14:54   Link #893
Wandering Soul

On some non Esdeath related news Akame ga Kill theater 9 is up.
Old 2014-09-01, 14:55   Link #894
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Apparently you didn't read what sarcasm means when you quoted it... that or you think I am idiot. Not that I care either way.
I was being sarcastic when I said I gave up. It was sarcasm because the opposition basically shot itself in the foot (I know it was a joke) with the "blue hair" thing. I believe that fits the definition, though apparently you disagree.

And we've gone at this too long for either of us to get anything out of it regardless of how it ends, so let's just stop here.

Moving on, I wonder how much of her fanbase is from first time watchers and how much is bleed-over from the manga?
Old 2014-09-01, 14:55   Link #895
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Esdeath annihilates tribes because her country as at war with those tribes. Do not pretend that it is mindless slaughter. In the state that Esdeath was annihilating those places, it was at a time of total war.
OH I see! so for you "TOTAL WAR" totally excuses genocide, and "annihilation" is totally acceptable morally. Guess you don't believe nor adhere to the geneva convention or any of that "crap" after all it's "TOTAL WAR", nothing wrong with "enjoying themselves" even after the enemy fighters are no longer fighting, nothing wrong with killing all those civilian women & children , nothing wrong with all that rape & torture, ... what the hell is wrong with that Najenda! oh yes we don't even have to pretend, it was after all shown in that flashback, but as YOU SAY nothing's wrong with all that.

Quote:
Also in your zeal to come up with an argument you seem to be losing some facts. Esdeath never did order assassinations of rival politicians as you claim. The PM did that. In fact, Esdeath has never on her own ordered a hit on anyone for her own political gain.
wow really? so you think the PM personally talked to the three beasts & ordered them to kill his political rivals, and Esdeath has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Furthermore the actions of those three does not gain anything for Esdeath, wonder why she even allowed it to happen? hmm? maybe you should rewatch episode 6. I even have the time stamp if you want.
4:25 Esdeath : I have a new directive for you three today
4: 27 Liver : give us any order, Lady Esdeath
Nyau : we three are your loyal servants
Deidara : we'll accept any order, at anythime.
4: 36 esdeath : very well
---
10:08 Politician : You are empire soldiers,....
Liver : Yes .... I deeply admired your political efforts
10:14 Politicain : then why are you after me?
10:16 Liver: Our master's orders...ar above all absolute...

now don't tell me the PM is their "master" when Liver specifically tells Bulat he serve's only Esdeath and not the PM. Fact is Esdeath knows what is happening and she is the one who ordered it, gladly too, even if the original idea was the PMs, because she is getting something out of it. That is plain and simple abetting corruption right there.

Quote:
You also conveniently dropped your original argument that justice girl was insane. When I pointed out that she knew what she was doing, you simply dropped that previous claim and just assigned her as a mid level cop while trying to compare her deeds with Esdeath's.
dropped what again? so what part of this sentence is hard to understand?
" and I'm not even going in to Mental Faculty part, because her very basis of justice is questionable, as I've stated before akin to probably a 5 yr old (EG: empire = right, against empire = wrong) She wouldn't even begin to understand fully what deeper morality is. So yes she probably knows what she's doing, in a simplistic, kiddie way. but does she REALLY UNDERSTAND?"

oh FYI my original post on that was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
..snip...
Bolded 2 and after : now I don't know why you would be bringing in Justice girl in an Esdeath discussion, because quite simply they are far different altogether. They don't even have any similarities in background & upbringing. "Justice Girl" for me is nothing but a deluded misguided fool, maybe even just plain crazy. irrelevant ( to the Esdeath discussion that is). But if you force my hands then I say YES, if she full knowingly support & perpetuate the corruption then she is corrupt herself. But that's the issue with her Character. she is blinded, one can't even be sure she knows what really is happening, as she acts more like an airhead (or a 5 yr old view of whats right & wrong eg: "the empire said so , so it's right!")than not. Even the soldiers with her questions her sanity.
I did say she might be crazy,but I never used that as an excuse as you seem to be trying to spin into. And so yes I never "dropped" it too. The point of the whole paragraph is that Justice GIrl is a poor analogy to Esdeath and should therefore not be used as such in this discussion. That's a logical fallacy, a Forced Analogy right there.
please try to understand the post at least.

Quote:
Now, in your argument about Esdeath you brought up her torturing people, you seem to be going away from your argument here. I never said Esdeath wasn't a cruel person. I said she wasn't corrupt. You seem to be aligning the two things based on your own morals and definition of corruption. Corruption and cruelty are two different things in my opinion. At the same time, it looks to me you're just throwing around the word "strawmen" without even knowing what it means. You also said I'm using ad hominem attacks while I have never once insulted you personally.

At the end of the day though, I am a manga reader while you watch only the anime. I may be unintentionally allowing some of the manga influence leak into my arguments. It is not my intention to do so, but at the same time whether anime watcher or manga reader, I'd like people to see things in this show truly are not black and white
Oh please, I know what a strawman is, you can rest assured on that, and I know when someone keeps on piling useless irrelevant things to the discussion. when after all the very first post on this IS very simple, and yes I definitely know what ad hominem argument is. And you don't even need to HUMOR me to tell me so, condescending much?

My first post on the topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
don't really want to enter any Esdeath discussion but (Bolded part)> isn't that what corruption is in it's most basic sense ? self-interest and greed? without any thought to others, proper procedures, morals an such...
in reply to
Quote:
I don't think so, in this case she was looking out for her own interests. If there was nothing for her to gain, then there's a chance she wouldn't have bothered.
actually you very much admitted already in your various posts that she is indeed doing these act for her own self interest. regardless of what those actions are or whoever is hurt.

now this is getting ridiculous
never have I stated that cruelty=corruption, you're the only one saying that (hello straw man.)
never too have I claimed that things in this world are black and white, (strawman again?) but please don't tell me that Esdeath is some Innocent, Honorable soldier just doing her duty, and hardly touched by the corruption around her. when she herself with her immense power perpetuates it herself KNOWINGLY, for her own self interest. So maybe she'll change in the future? only future episodes can tell.
So maybe she is controlled mentally right now? again that's for future episodes.
So maybe she is different in Manga? but this is an Anime thread, and this is what is shown on screen.

well she can be cute...hmm somewhat , if that's what floats your ball, and can also be interesting. but that's a different thing all together.

That would be last I would say on this topic.
Old 2014-09-01, 14:58   Link #896
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
On some non Esdeath related news Akame ga Kill theater 9 is up.
Saw that

"You're a guy?!" lol at self-aware series
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 15:06   Link #897
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I was being sarcastic when I said I gave up. It was sarcasm because the opposition basically shot itself in the foot (I know it was a joke) with the "blue hair" thing. I believe that fits the definition, though apparently you disagree.
It's funny because you assume I'm an Esdeath fan because I'm not bashing her and her fans?

What I posted was snark because you people treat this argument as if it were some huge political social issue with long standing, personal repercussions.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 15:14   Link #898
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's funny because you assume I'm an Esdeath fan because I'm not bashing her and her fans?

What I posted was snark because you people treat this argument as if it were some huge political social issue with long standing, personal repercussions.
No, but you were technically arguing against me.

And in my defense, I have actually see people go to those lengths in her defense. They tried to say that because they both use swords she and Tatsumi were fated for each other. I wish I was joking.

That said, I have been going overboard. I acquired an automatic protest response from the manga thread and I've been letting it out here too much. Sorry about that.
Old 2014-09-01, 15:37   Link #899
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

I knew this was going to happen...we're scaring away the anime viewers. You guys are arguing about arguing, seriously? I don't really get why this is such a heated topic to begin with, I always thought this series was too self aware to be taken that seriously.

By the way...Tatsumi is looking fierce next episode.
Spoiler for image:

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma

Last edited by Verrueckter; 2014-09-01 at 16:01.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 16:04   Link #900
thatoneguy

is... is it over *comes out out corner slowly and carefully*

Tags
gore, shounen, violence