AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-06, 20:14   Link #401
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Meh. This was surprisingly boring.

MakotoRyuko is cute though. But then again, the idea of teenage girls wanting to be brides doesn't exactly appeal to me I was all YAY when Rei was all, "I don't trust men.'

Goddamn though was Usagi's voice high.....

As for no preview.....there was one on CR
Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-06, 20:31   Link #402
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
As for no preview.....there was one on CR
Spoiler:
What I meant is, in the preview there are only reused scenes from previous episodes, only the dialogues are new.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 20:57   Link #403
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Makoto finely here and Tuxedo Kamen doing a B&E
Old 2014-09-06, 21:50   Link #404
GDB

Not a bad episode overall, but not great either. About what you'd expect from a character introduction episode this early on. It just felt worse since we had to wait three weeks instead of two. Makoto has the best transformation sequence yet, but that's not really saying much.

That said, the dialogue this episode... my god. I think it's starting to wear me down. If Usagi didn't have the obvious Tuxedo Mask pairing, I'd swear she were a lesbian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Makoto finely here and Tuxedo Kamen doing a B&E
Is it really breaking an entering if she leaves the window open and he doesn't go any further in than the window sill?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 22:41   Link #405
garbage

^ like when you don't really Break anything and you don't really enter? eheheh

still a bit creepy though...
Old 2014-09-06, 23:12   Link #406
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is it really breaking an entering if she leaves the window open and he doesn't go any further in than the window sill?
I dont know about Japanese laws, but in the U.S., if the door isnt locked, or you enter through an open window, it's not Breaking & Entering, just Trespassing.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 00:25   Link #407
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
That said, the dialogue this episode... my god. I think it's starting to wear me down. If Usagi didn't have the obvious Tuxedo Mask pairing, I'd swear she were a lesbian.
They played it stronger than the manga, I swear. I will wait for reactions if the show ever gets to those later arcs, which would have even more obvious lesbian stuff.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 06:58   Link #408
mad_season

I really didn't watch Sailor Moon when it first aired in a local channel. And I'm not reading on the story that's available out there. Just really enjoying every episode whenever it's released. But when does the last guardian appear? Just please send a PM. Thanks in advance!
mad_season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 08:24   Link #409
akumaten

Usagi looked like a bunny with Makoto during their lunch.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 10:21   Link #410
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
YES!! So far she basically had the hots for all three of the girls and they adore her. I swear, if we got rid of Tuxedo Mask, she could easily be interpreted as some sort of yuri harem lead or something xD
............Any volunteer hitmen up to the task?<.<

Oddly, I get a strange feeling that it would improve the romantic aspects of the show. Heh.

--
@BloodKitty: I don't know why, but for some reason I never noticed any lesbian undertones from Usagi herself in the manga, whereas here it's like they're hitting you in the face with it. From other characters yeah, definitely got that, but strangely I never noticed Usagi doing it until now. It probably was there, I just didn't notice... maybe because she seems to adore everything and everyone and then there's Mamoru.
Old 2014-09-07, 12:10   Link #411
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Interesting... I don't recall Sailor Moon herself seeming this blatantly yuri in the original Sailor Moon anime. She swooned over Rei an episode or two ago, and now she's just raining compliments down on Makoto.

In any event, Episode 5 was a very nice watch. Sailor Jupiter had a great introduction, and it's nice to see Sailor Moon gradually grow tougher and more resolved in combat situations. Jupiter's transformation scene was excellent, and her lightning attacks look very cool.

The episode's plot wasn't anything that special, but it worked well, especially given the solid seiyu performances and the better than usual animation work. Some bits of dialogue might be a bit cheesy, but the seiyu speak it with the earnestness and sincerity necessary to make it come across well.
Old 2014-09-07, 20:12   Link #412
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
I dont know about Japanese laws, but in the U.S., if the door isnt locked, or you enter through an open window, it's not Breaking & Entering, just Trespassing.
Speaking as an attorney... it's state specific. And based on what I can find with a cursory search for Japanese criminal codes, it looks like Japanese burglary is fairly similar to the general version of burglary in the US.

Burglary (which is the crime that is occurring when most think of breaking and entering) is defined, generally, as:

1) The breaking and;
2) entering of;
3) a dwelling;
4) of another;
5) at night;
6) with the intent to commit a felony therein.

Most U.S. jurisdictions have the final element, while most have dispensed with the 5th Element (not to be confused with the movie staring Bruce Willis and featuring Chris Tucker). Since Tuxedo Mask did not have the intent to commit a felony once inside the premise, he would not have committed burglary.

As for "breaking," if the window was literally open (as opposed to simply unlocked), then there is not really a breaking. However, if the window is not open enough to permit a person to enter and the person uses even the slightest bit of force to widen the opening (such as by simply pushing the window sash upward a few inches), then there is a "breaking." A couple questionable sources on Japanese law I found indicate that even if the window is fully open it might still be "breaking."

Yeah, I am a nerd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Interesting... I don't recall Sailor Moon herself seeming this blatantly yuri in the original Sailor Moon anime. She swooned over Rei an episode or two ago, and now she's just raining compliments down on Makoto.
I think that's just Usagi being extremely nice and complimentary. I've never interpreted it as yuri overtones with her simply based on how her personality is portrayed.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 14:24   Link #413
Arkeus

Quote:
Not a bad episode overall, but not great either. About what you'd expect from a character introduction episode this early on. It just felt worse since we had to wait three weeks instead of two. Makoto has the best transformation sequence yet, but that's not really saying much.

Well, in the manga
Spoiler:

Usagi has always been a harem lead, it's just the old anime censuring stuff as well as making some of the relationship very whiny instead of adoring.

Last edited by Arkeus; 2014-09-09 at 04:13.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 00:53   Link #414
ginger02

I never realized how much I liked Sailor Jupiter.

Lita's hair seems lighter in this than the original.

It also seems like they are adding more powers. I don't even remember seeing the Flower Hurricane.

The OST is quite nice as well.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:15   Link #415
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I never realized how much I liked Sailor Jupiter.

Lita's hair seems lighter in this than the original.

It also seems like they are adding more powers. I don't even remember seeing the Flower Hurricane.

The OST is quite nice as well.
Now here is a question: does she have Flower Hurricane because of her rose earings? Or does she have the rose earrings because of Flower Hurricane?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 10:47   Link #416
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Finally caught up with Episode 5 and damn, Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino hits all the marks on that episode!

On the other hand, I can't resist putting Kill La Kill shout-outs to Sailor Jupiter! (Thank you DeviantArt!)
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 16:58   Link #417
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Now here is a question: does she have Flower Hurricane because of her rose earings? Or does she have the rose earrings because of Flower Hurricane?
Flower Hurricane actually has to do with Taoist elements and the planets that represent them. In the case of Sailor Jupiter, the Taoist element that represents her planet is wood, with some of her attacks being plant-based (along with the electric based attacks that is inspired by the Jupiter of Roman myth).
Old 2014-09-10, 12:45   Link #418
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
She is a very strange case - she has two powers: powers over thunder and over plants. Do you remember her Oak Evolution attack? I loved the episode. Ami Koshimizu is a very fitting voice and I loved her performance. But I think that it took her time to adjust her voice. She changed pitched several times during the episode. I might imaging thinks. But once she settled it was perfect. In Japanese culture is normal a girl to admire other girl. Actually it is pretty common thing, to admire a boy openly is considered unacceptable. This cultural shock make Sailor Moon even better and more interesting for foreigners. Usagi was just trying to make Mako feel better. By the way I was so excited to see Ami in her PJS ( Was it Pjs or just some comfortable clothes). Makoto was really beautiful, they really worked on this episode and the sempai flashback finally happened. Let's hope that next episode is just as good or even better. Can't wait for the next episode. Excited again.
Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

Last edited by minaku; 2014-09-10 at 15:42.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 14:04   Link #419
Vegard Aune

So a trailer for the BluRay has been released... Unexpectedly enough, Toei is redoing scenes for the home release! That is immediately more effort than I expected from Toei, especially seeing how cheap the show is.
Old 2014-09-11, 16:07   Link #420
GDB

It's funny, because the "blu-ray" picture has all the text crap covering it that you usually see on TV. Also, I find the "web" picture to be better looking.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahou shoujo, remake, sailor moon