AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 11:10   Link #421
Child_of_Sierra

Wait, how did the Yuki in the past (before meeting Kyon and Mikuru) anticipate that Haruhi would go to North High?
Old 2009-05-24, 11:48   Link #422
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Either they already knew, or they had a few setup for each high school in the area, since they have at least three at North High (or at least two at a time anyway).
Old 2009-05-24, 11:57   Link #423
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinkuChou
I liked all of it lol im still happy harui finally got her 2nd season ive been waniting for this and i know its going to be awsome.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:04   Link #424
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
they had a few setup for each high school in the area.
This. They most likely didn't even intend for Nagato to be their connection to Haruhi if she went to North, hence why Asakura regularly tried befriending her.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-24, 12:18   Link #425
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aside that Asakura was called Nagato's backup. It would be assumed that either she was always the backup, they switched because Haruhi choose Yuki, or the situation changed after "John Smith" arrived three years ago.

Seeing as the aliens are outside of space-time, they might know what happens/happened, so they know who to put where.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:23   Link #426
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
This. They most likely didn't even intend for Nagato to be their connection to Haruhi if she went to North, hence why Asakura regularly tried befriending her.
Well the pattern is as shown with Mikuru is that the bottom of barrel members of their respective groups were captured/recruited by Haruhi. Though you have to ask if Itsuki is at the bottom considering he is supposedly the Mysterious Transfer Student.

Asakura was modelled as a perfect interactive human interface while Yuki isn't and by normal conventions labelled an introvert girl.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:25   Link #427
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Asakura was modelled as a perfect interactive human interface while Yuki isn't and by normal conventions labelled an introvert girl.
If you think about it, perfection is boring. Hence Haruhi has no interest in perfection.

By the way, a.f.k. is back.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:28   Link #428
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

They most likely switched roles. Of the three groups we know about, the Data-whatever are the only ones who actually tried contacting Haruhi.

While it can be argued that Itsuki was transferred in for the purpose of having him be recruited into the Brigade, it's heavily implied in later stories that the Organization has some form of control over the school.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:29   Link #429
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Wait, how did the Yuki in the past (before meeting Kyon and Mikuru) anticipate that Haruhi would go to North High?
My theory is that Yuki was "Born" immediately after the incident on the school field where Haruhi leaves that message and makes a wish for something interesting to happen. Remember, in the scene where he designed the logo for her he mentioned an interesting person at North High. Once that happened it became a part of her wish.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:31   Link #430
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
While it can be argued that Itsuki was transferred in for the purpose of having him be recruited into the Brigade, it's heavily implied in later stories that the Organization has some form of control over the school.
Not to mention Tsuruya's family. She intrigues me.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:33   Link #431
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Not to mention Tsuruya's family.
... This amuses me...
Old 2009-05-24, 12:36   Link #432
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
... This amuses me...
In a good way or a bad way?
Old 2009-05-24, 12:37   Link #433
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Have you read the novels?
Old 2009-05-24, 12:42   Link #434
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Not to mention Tsuruya's family. She intrigues me.
She as said is a cameo appearance. If Haruhi is involved with Aliens, Time Travelers and Espers. (Sliders maybe)

Tsuruya has...
Spoiler for Novel spoiler:
Old 2009-05-24, 12:45   Link #435
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
... Have you read the novels?
I read partway into Vol. 8 some time ago, but I guess I've forgotten most of it. Thanks for refreshing my memory.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:55   Link #436
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well the pattern is as shown with Mikuru is that the bottom of barrel members of their respective groups were captured/recruited by Haruhi.
I disagree. Mikuru is undoubtedly on the bottom rung of her organization, but neither of the other two are.

Itsuki's "Agency" doesn't seem to have any particular heirarchy, as the only character showing any authority in any of the novels is Mori, however Itsuki is able to "whistle up" pretty much anything he needs on short notice. Even so, I would definitely suggest, given what interactions we have seen, that Itsuki (as an esper) "outranks" Arakawa (as an apparently normal human) and is at worst on equal footing with the Tamaru brothers.

Yuki definitely outranked Ryoko. I think the fact that she and Kyon are still sucking air—while Ryoko isn't—is proof enough of that. If she does have an earthbound superior, it's Kimidori, but that's questionable.
Old 2009-05-24, 13:07   Link #437
Dop
Mmmm....

Whoa. a.f.k. have released a sub. Thought they'd 'retired' after four episodes of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Good to see them back with the best of the subs I've seen for this episode.

(I always like it when people sub the credits as well.)
Old 2009-05-24, 13:08   Link #438
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yuki definitely outranked Ryoko. I think the fact that she and Kyon are still sucking air—while Ryoko isn't—is proof enough of that. If she does have an earthbound superior, it's Kimidori, but that's questionable.
Asakura went against the wishes of the Data-whatever. Her termination had nothing to do with rank.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:06   Link #439
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Whoa. a.f.k. have released a sub. Thought they'd 'retired' after four episodes of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Good to see them back with the best of the subs I've seen for this episode.

(I always like it when people sub the credits as well.)
Their subs of season one were absolutely top notch, so I would love to follow their releases as well for season two now... but what's with the tiny non-HD .avi file? This isn't 2006 anymore. >_>
Old 2009-05-24, 14:37   Link #440
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
ii) I'm seeing K-On!'s Yui all over the place. At points, when looking at Haruhi or Mikuru, I really thought I saw Yui.
I've always thought of Yui as a Haruhiesque figure, bright but bored with the world. And like Haruhi, she's just joined a new school and been searching vainly for a club worth joining.

Quote:
iii) I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of "special effects" at two points, Time-Travel and Time-Stopping. If they managed to have something for the "Kyon sleeping and suddenly woke up by Haruhi in Melancholy", you will expect something similar.[/spoiler]
I think the instant and seamless transitions are more realistic. Perhaps with the three year sleep they might have had him wake up with a start, and then see Yuki looking in on him, but that's about all I would want.

Regarding the Yuki being in a North High uniform, it's my view she arrived (and indeed everything happened) as a result of the message Haruhi got Kyon to draw on the playing field. Prior to that act I don't think she would have been there (arguably, depending on your world view, aliens and time travellers might not even have existed before that moment).

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Closed Thread