AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 11 18.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-17, 15:33   Link #21
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
L-elf is melting his ice-cold king status sooner than I though.
That will happen when he meets Lise-chan.
Overall, episode was great and the sibling rekindling was sweet.
Old 2013-10-17, 15:37   Link #22
Key Board
Carbon

it's mostly a setup episode
honestly I don't appreciate giving this much time to Satomi, but I guess it's necessary for Akira and to move.. no, fast forward the plot to Dorsia
but really, it feels that Valvrave has too many characters for a 2 cour show
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-10-17 at 16:11.
Old 2013-10-17, 16:16   Link #23
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Loved it!

Akira & Satomi's odd relationship was explored & resolved in one go. Even though it was resolved in one episode, it was done exceptionally well because the time was used wisely.

Marie's character is now beginning to be explored, she has this Anya feel to her though. First she resembled her, now she suffers the same plot point as her. I wonder how they'll develop her past. I also like that little tidbit about her discovering something is up with Haruto. This definitely is the beginning of an interesting plot point. No doubt Marie will interrogate him soon enough.

L-Elf is getting soft on us, this is another testament to his character development. Sure he had no choice in the matter, but he gave in a little too easily compared to his season one self.

Lisolette has technically made her debut, so we'll be seeing her contributing to the plot soon enough.

Then there is the title of the next episode. "Return to Karlstein," something tells me L-Elf is the spotlight of the next episode & he'll be getting explored more in-depth, plus we may even get a peep into pre-Karlstein L-Elf's personality & maybe even get an emotional response from him.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-17, 16:23   Link #24
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Action AND character development in one episode? I'm a little shocked! I'm also surprised nobody mentioned the Familiar, looks kind of like a raven if you ask me.
Old 2013-10-17, 17:03   Link #25
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
L-11, I don't know if you noticed but your comrades are a bunch of regular high School kids. I know mystery is cool and all, but FFS debrief them properly, especially if you have "less intelligent" people on the bridge X(

Quote:
I love the metal gear solid and sunrise reference in this episode. But overall I really don't cared much about Akira, I need more Saki and Saki only. Still Satomi is one shitty brother, letting Akira get bully like that.
Protecting a common bullied kid requires a lot of guts yet alone for someone mentally traumatized by "excellent parenting" who would have to protect a super-bullied kid. It is easy for a grown-up to say what should have been done, but it is not so simple for the kid.
What matters in it all is that he grew up from it rather than stay like that. True, he did a bad job but Saotomi is... well, Saotomi ^_^;
Old 2013-10-17, 17:07   Link #26
Key Board
Carbon

at the very least they seem to have resolved it and it won't become more drama for them in the future
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-17, 17:51   Link #27
Wandering Soul

Nice to see the siblings got some much needed development. Marie seems like she is about to get some development too. I'm looking forward to learning about her past and seeing her confront Haruto about his healing factor. Although what Im really curious about is her habit of grabbing others girl boobs
Old 2013-10-17, 18:18   Link #28
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Nice to see the siblings got some much needed development. Marie seems like she is about to get some development too. I'm looking forward to learning about her past and seeing her confront Haruto about his healing factor. Although what Im really curious about is her habit of grabbing others girl boobs
Perhaps, it's how she shows affection? lol
Old 2013-10-17, 18:18   Link #29
Shinhwa
Banned

I wonder if Haruto will tell Marie that he can't confess to Shouko because of his curse.
Old 2013-10-17, 18:33   Link #30
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I wonder if Haruto will tell Marie that he can't confess to Shouko because of his curse.
Or because he find a new love interest THAT is similar to him~ XD
Old 2013-10-17, 18:46   Link #31
erika4dsl

If Haruto tells Marie the truth and she tells Shoko that is ... anticlimatic.
Old 2013-10-17, 18:48   Link #32
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Or because he find a new love interest THAT is similar to him~ XD
I swear Haruto is better off with Saki than Shouko. Besides, he took her virginity =w=

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
If Haruto tells Marie the truth and she tells Shoko that is ... anticlimatic.
I am sure Haruto will tell Marie not to tell Shouko about his curse.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:03   Link #33
Stro

Good episode. next episode Haruto will tell Marie of the valvrave pilot curse.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:15   Link #34
alluka

Pretty good episode. Akira and Satomi got closer, Akira and Marie interactions, good mecha action, shoko displaying her food knowledge and some horse riding.

The interesting part was definitely Marie's speech about memories. What led her to become an amnesic? Did the VVV comptability operations alter her memories? Did she even have memories at all, being a test tube baby born in Jior laboratories, to serve as a magius vessel??

Oh, and some info sharing ONSCREEN between H-neun and nana wouldn't have hurt, Sunrise, there was no need to show us audrey and his (ridiculous) horse.
And finally Lieselotte appears! She just spoke like, one line. Better than nothing.

Next week, Marie confronts haruto about the curse while the group struggles to get out of the enemy territory.

Last edited by alluka; 2013-10-17 at 19:40. Reason: typo
Old 2013-10-17, 19:31   Link #35
blackwhite67
Banned

It happens in every mecha anime. First entry into Earth's atmosphere goes astray.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:36   Link #36
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It happens in every mecha anime. First entry into Earth's atmosphere goes astray.
But in Gundam 00, Plotlemy's first entry into earth's atmosphere didn't go astray o3o;
Old 2013-10-17, 19:43   Link #37
FerrusManus

Quote:
But in Gundam 00, Plotlemy's first entry into earth's atmosphere didn't go astray o3o;
Yes, the first reentry worked pretty well, but the second one almost killed them.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:45   Link #38
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't count. 00 was a revolution in Gundam anime.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:49   Link #39
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Yes, the first reentry worked pretty well, but the second one almost killed them.
At least it's not the "first"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
That doesn't count. 00 was a revolution in Gundam anime.
Well he said "every" mecha anime... so...
Old 2013-10-17, 20:09   Link #40
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
At least it's not the "first"!

Well he said "every" mecha anime... so...
I meant first earth landing.
Closed Thread