AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 26.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-03, 13:08   Link #81
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't buy that. If Kagura isn't a big enough threat in the previous episode with a mecha and a gate and all, he's never going to amount to anything great. And if Mykage is involve, do you really think he needs Mikono's 'permission' to take her away? He certainly didn't with Donar's ex-lover.

So no matter which way you slice this pineapple, I strongly disagree that she'll leave willing.

And about Amata, I'm willing to place a bit of faith in him that this episode has resolved his worries about being abandoned again.
i agree. Mikono isn;t going to leave willingly. This episode really showed just how much she cared for her friend. How much she valued the bonds between them. You don't do something like she did and then just turn and run from them into the arms of the enemy. She'd have to know if she went willingly it would mean consenting to fighting against her friends. If anything she's gonna be kidnapped. Probably by Mikage right when Amata finally confesses to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I know, he would open the gates, but Kagura lacks a mecha and even isn't near Neo Deava. Maybe Mykage can teleport something to him, but then it doesn't make sense, it would be easier from the beginning to send Kagura with his mecha there.
Here's a thought. The wedding in mourning clothes will happen in the next 2 or 3 episodes while Kagura is still stuck on Vega. It revives the original Aquarion and that becomes his mecha for the rest of the series. The one eyed mecha from Cayenne's vision. Being trapped in the middle of the earth for 12000 years is going to do a number on it's shape.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-04-03 at 13:24.
Old 2012-04-03, 13:51   Link #82
ReddyRedWolf

The Elements being buried, Jin saying goodbye and that he'll love Yunoha not forgetting her through millienia, the constellations representing Jin and Yunoha, Mikono's connection power, THAT SONG!, Fudo being Fudo this is all reminiscent of Aquarion's final episode.

Heck the Golden Aquarion showed up. Where Apollo, Sirius and Touma lay within buried at Earth's core. Silvia connecting all three of them. Their constellations merged in Rena's vision.
Old 2012-04-03, 14:07   Link #83
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

So Mikono's connection power includes spiritual mediation? Jin talking to Yunoha beyond the grave hehe. Making thousand-year-spanning promises seems to be the new craze.

Eww Mikage. You do rose thorn S&M with Kagura. You give him crack cocaine. And now, you bury him in downs. You sir are disgusting. All this for a golden mecha?

Character rants aside, the episode was good. It had a unique feel with the death theme. Cocoons were a bit odd. Everything's getting darker as the elements finally realize that this game they play does involve life. Only the main cast aside from Mikono is willing to die hah.
Old 2012-04-03, 15:41   Link #84
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The one eyed mecha from Cayenne's vision. Being trapped in the middle of the earth for 12000 years is going to do a number on it's shape.
? The "one-eyed giant" mecha was Jin.
Old 2012-04-03, 16:28   Link #85
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
? The "one-eyed giant" mecha was Jin.
not necessarily true. cayenne's dream was never truly expanded on. It's easy to assume Jin because of the one eyed part but that's still a mecha and not a human. For all we know it could still come to pass.
Old 2012-04-03, 16:49   Link #86
kuromitsu

Quote:
not necessarily true. cayenne's dream was never truly expanded on. It's easy to assume Jin because of the one eyed part but that's still a mecha and not a human. For all we know it could still come to pass.
Weeell... it was a one-eyed giant holding Yunoha's silhouette. We had some pretty blatant focus on Jin's eye(s) and Cayenne even had an "oh!!!" moment when he realized that Jin looks like he has only one eye because the other eye is usually hidden under his hair. And Jin forcefully took Yunoha away in his giant mecha. Given all this I think it's very highly likely that the vision was about Jin abducting Yunoha... (and by consequence the tragedy that happened after Kagura wrecked the party)

Also, Cayenne doesn't have dreams, he foresees bad things happening. That's his element power.

Btw, it would really suck having Cayenne's power. Poor boy, no wonder he's so grouchy.
Old 2012-04-03, 16:51   Link #87
pingva

Quote:
It really was Radius Gnis: it had the same wings, no long ears. Its legs were coming out of the graveyard and in one hand it held Yunoha. This vision says Jin's is dead and he saved Yunoha.
Old 2012-04-04, 05:50   Link #88
Kunagisa

WTF IS GOING O-Oh Mari Okada scripted this episode. I understand everything now.
Old 2012-04-04, 07:04   Link #89
kuromitsu

Nah, it's more like Kawamori and his stash of ahem, good stuff. This episode would've been almost run of the mill in Genesis - there we had an episode that started with the girls trying to diet which triggered an apocalypse averted by the vampire(?) girl's singing... somehow (I want some of what Kawamori & the staff was on when they wrote it).
Old 2012-04-04, 07:22   Link #90
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Nah, it's more like Kawamori and his stash of ahem, good stuff. This episode would've been almost run of the mill in Genesis - there we had an episode that started with the girls trying to diet which triggered an apocalypse averted by the vampire(?) girl's singing... somehow (I want some of what Kawamori & the staff was on when they wrote it).
I don't know about back then, but for this episode thats clearly not sugar sprinkled on their donuts
Old 2012-04-04, 11:35   Link #91
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
WTF IS GOING O-Oh Mari Okada scripted this episode. I understand everything now.
Okada wrote the episode herself and Kawamori storyboarded it himself too so they definatly went all out with this.

Speaking of Okata Katapan had this trivia in the akb008 thread

Quote:
They wanted to remove Okada Mari from the AKB0048 staff because the production is running late on Aquarion EVOL, and she got really mad. But it sounds like they gave her the AKB0048 job after making the promise that EVOL wouldn't be running late... and it is. Oh man.
Old 2012-04-04, 11:47   Link #92
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just watched this episode, and I am speechless. It is a weird episode.
Old 2012-04-04, 19:50   Link #93
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Just watched this episode, and I am speechless. It is a weird episode.
I just watched it too. Weird, but I liked it. It was a good way to really dilute the depression that the characters, especially Yunoha, would've been going through over Jin.
Old 2012-04-05, 08:02   Link #94
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Not as intense as the previous episode, but something tells me this is the calm before the storm episode, so in a way, not disappointing, albeit weird, especially Fudo and his methods.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-04-06, 03:45   Link #95
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Weird and beautiful episode While Fudo's method is a bit extreme (I almost thought that they wouldn't even get that bamboo stick for them to breath at first ), but it all ends beautifully

I'm just a bit confused regarding Mikono's ability.. I thought they already explained to us what her power is, but this episode makes it seems as if it's the first time Mikono understands about her power

Old 2012-04-08, 22:41   Link #96
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

a bit late to this ep, but what a dark episode. dealing with death, being buried alive. some wishing they would die. not at all what i expected from this show, and it'll be an episode to define it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-04-15, 21:33   Link #97
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Applause again for Kawamori-san delighting the audience the way he only know how by ingraining the storyline with his themes about how all living beings are interconnected within the vast universe.

Fudo let's the Elements minus Mikono to experience for themselves how it feels to return to the Earth, and the agony that ensues having lost everyone and everything important in life which made for Amata and Yunoha, particularly, to crave for death so much once buried down there.

The thing is that death comes not just in the physical sense, but in other types: death of spirit, once one's own consciousness get so obsessed and attached on its own and cannot further grow, leaving himself or herself behind to stagnate and then die permanently.

The kudos were overwhelmingly for me when the Shadow Angel's theme song started to play as Mikono desperately struggled to call her friends literally back to the world of the living; the music made me to feel, as if I was transported into the Hades of Clash of the Titans.

And, more and more hints and references whether be the original series or the OVA series became more pronounced not just with the Engrish rendition to the first opening of the first series playing, as Mikono interconnected all her friends together to remind them that all form part of a whole with the universe.

Fudo muses that Mikono hasn't changed.

We know previously that Mikage and Fudo have known each other maybe from 12,000 or 24,000 years.

And, everything is getting self-explanatory going around between Amata, Kagura, and Mikono.
Many fans stating that Amata is the false wings, and Kagura might be the part of Apollonius that was once wild before Celian tamed his heart.

We're pretty getting closer to a possible revival of the solar wings, and maybe that's what Mikage is aiming for: conjuring despair upon the younglings so that they can bask in it to overcome it, in order to lead the resurrection of the solar wings.
Old 2012-04-16, 16:42   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Koominator

Wrong thread
Old 2012-04-16, 18:12   Link #99
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Koominator