AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 23:40   Link #2381
SolCiel

Why does Ryousuke stick around Head after all he's done? Is he trying to help Head get his soul back so he can give him a well deserved punch?

Last edited by SolCiel; 2011-02-21 at 00:13.
SolCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 23:45   Link #2382
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for WARNING: Contains strong Language:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 23:45   Link #2383
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's easy to blame Head, but Sora was just as much as faulty.

She was in love with Katashiro, but because he doesn't show his affections as clearly as Head, she went with Head instead. From the way I see it, Sora being receptive towards Head was also partly baiting to test and see if Katashiro would act like a proper man and fiancée and come stop the adultery going on.

But he didn't. Probably because he felt Sora would be happier with him, and despite everything, it does seem like Katashiro still viewed Head as a friend. A fearful and broken friendship, but still a friend.

Their story was of putrid jealousy.

Katashiro was envious of Tokio who seemed honest and free, and despite loving Sora, he probably felt more reserved than he would had wanted because even the woman he loved was predetermined by something he disliked.

Tokio was driven to bitter petty jealousy of not being allowed something he felt he had the right to, and went to maddening lengths to obtain them.

Sora was... a woman who wanted to be showered with love. Katashiro's love was real, but it was too... beta for her. Tokio's love was probably not real, but she took the bait because Katashiro didn't give it to her and showed no initiative to win her over.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 00:13   Link #2384
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I think he has nothing but the upmost respect for Sugata and his devotion to Wako. You can hear the admiration in his voice when he explains the meaning of the knife to Wako.

Interestingly, magazines and such mentioned that Takuto had a crush on his childhood friend Hana, but backed off when he learned she had feelings for Natsuo. So he's made an effort in the past to back off rather than pursue, which puts him in direct contrast of his father. I'm thinking that he may back off on Wako after what he saw this episode in fear of being in the way or somehow hurting either Wako or Sugata.

Besides, how can he steal Wako when Sugata has been pretty forward about not minding if Wako liked Takuto given his views. Unless Sugata was either lying or we misunderstood what he was saying.

Yeah, it's pretty clear right now that she is fully aware of how much Sugata cares for her and they actually seem very happy, which of course means something is going to go horribly wrong.

It's essentially a given that Sugata is going to fight Takuto. I don't quite see the point of doing so since we already had them fight, but for the sake of drama something has to happen to drive a wedge between them.
This is what I was afraid of. The beginning of the series kind of cements it in the viewer's head that Takuto and Wako are destined to be an item. I'm not 100% up to speed, but I can already tell the type of guy Takuto is, and that he'd rather have both of his friends' happiness over his own. If given the chance, I'm thinking he'd push Wako and Sugata together in a heartbeat.

It's such a pure form of unselfishness and true friendship that you can't help but admire it. But at the same time, being someone who also values love and the ideal of "destined partners" (somewhat naively, I'll admit), it's really kind of heartbreaking. I think Wako has way better chemistry with Takuto than she does with Sugata and I'd rather she make up her mind and choose him instead.

It's anyone's game at this point, I'm just really nervous that they'll let the emo dude win the girl (yet again) over the nice guy just because he's cheerful all of the time and can take a blow. Why not give the nice guy his due and make a super cheerful couple? That's an ending I can really get behind.

Gah, no point in fighting this it because I fucking know it's going to happen. I bet they're already planning Sugata and Wako's wedding in the production studio. "Yeah, this is what the fans want to see. " >_>
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 00:39   Link #2385
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
similarity in relationship: Ryousuke,Sora,Tokio->Sugata,Wako,Takuto
But at some point in climax, the later 3 will take a different path from the former 3.
Old 2011-02-21, 00:50   Link #2386
faythz
I.G

Tokio = Jack Dawson
Sora = Rose Dewitt
Ryosuke = Caledon Hockley

Tokio Outfit + Painter + steal fiancee
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 00:52   Link #2387
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Heh? Sakana-chan? I only saw parallels with Wako. Wako is exactly in the same situation Sora was. Both have loved their fiancés for the longest time but they think their love is unrequited, then suddenly a dashing young man appears and throws their feelings into disarray.
Yeah definitely some pretty strong similarities. Of course Takuto is worlds away from the person his father is. He could easily just make huge gains without Sugata and yet is giving him a chance. Sugata might have gotten through Wako's birthday without giving anything, but Takuto handed her the knife and made clear what it was for. It's not going to end with her not thinking Sugata doesn't care. Of course makes Wako go into the tough position of making a choice in the end or they try for some trio ending thing.
Old 2011-02-21, 02:07   Link #2388
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
Of course makes Wako go into the tough position of making a choice in the end or they try for some trio ending thing.
This tends to work, actually. Then we can all go write bad fanfiction about our favorite couple we didn't get to see.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 02:22   Link #2389
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

All maidens gathered!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 02:43   Link #2390
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
"Fire in the hole!!!"

*ducks behind cover as Hypernova's gaydar explodes from overload*

IMO there isn't that much parallel in terms of the triangle, the interaction between Wako and Sugata this ep shows both aware of their love for each other.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 03:48   Link #2391
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
"Fire in the hole!!!"

*ducks behind cover as Hypernova's gaydar explodes from overload*

IMO there isn't that much parallel in terms of the triangle, the interaction between Wako and Sugata this ep shows both aware of their love for each other.
Their interactions now maybe, but without Takuto acting different from his father it could have gone down a different path. Sugata acted pretty ok with Wako getting close to Takuto early on. He found ways to reject presents and avoid spending his birthday with her. Also carried a knife around, but never saying what it was for. Sure their feelings were mutual like with the other triangle, but Sugata wasn't the type to bring up his true feelings. The point is the triangles had easily the potential of going the same way if Takuto was a more selfish person.
Old 2011-02-21, 04:02   Link #2392
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I see now....they have to destroy both east and south seals together. lol.

makes perfect sense nw.
Old 2011-02-21, 05:38   Link #2393
Lumir

Good ep. Got some background info.

As for the Love Triangle situation its all on Wako. She needs to see the situation for what it is and make a choice asap. The longer she waits the more danger approaches. Why is Wako the one to make the choice you may ask? Simple, she is the only female who obviously has feelings for both Sugata and Taktou. Sure one of the guys can back down but what if the one that backs down ultimately is the one Wako wants but its too late?

Time to make a choice and stick with it. Otherwise there is going to be hardships for all 3 down the road.
Old 2011-02-21, 07:37   Link #2394
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolCiel View Post
Spoiler for episode 20:
That's what happens when you're a tight-assed jerk and the girl you like is desperate to draw anyone's attention; there goes Takuto's gene pool

Sarcasm aside, the NTR back-story was great, and coherently told within the episode. I just wish (again) they skipped all the mecha to work a bit more on the character development.

As for Head being gay/bi- ... he might not be FABULOUS, but he is AMBITIOUS
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 09:27   Link #2395
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How would that work? I mean, if it ever gets to the point where Takuto has to reject Wako, the NTR's already pretty much done. Besides, he hasn't exactly been shy about showing Wako he cared, too.

And he hasn't done the obvious move of throwing other girls at Sugata.

Or of picking another girl himself, which would really solve everything.
Katashiro's story was NTR because:
  • Sora loved Katashiro more than Head. She only got together with Head because she thought Katashiro would never return her feelings. She was quite a sad woman, now that I think about it.
  • Head exploited Sora's distress. Futhermore, Head stole Sora behind Katashiro's back (although that's not entirely true, since he managed to see everything thanks to his first phase).
  • Katashiro acted like an idiot.

I say NTR has already been averted in the present, thanks to Takuto. He quickly realized Sugata was in love with Wako, and openly confronted him to "open his eyes". From that point on, Sugata has been a little more honest with his feelings and Wako has therefore been able to notice how deeply he cared for her.

Even if Wako chooses Takuto in the end, as long as she made that choice because she loved him more than Sugata, the latter should be able to accept this decision. NTR is all about cheating/deception, as long as the trio remain honest with each other and neither Sugata nor Takuto use underhanded methods to win Wako over, there won't be any problem.
Old 2011-02-21, 09:37   Link #2396
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I am hoping Katashiro is sticking around to screw Head over towards the end. I just hope it's not one of those pointless and quickly disposed of revenges.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:28   Link #2397
klare

suddenly so many things were revealed in one eps... i even felt a bit sympathy towards Katashiro, altho himself should be blamed for what happened too

now why Head still look so young? and yeah he did not change a bit

Keito is great again by acting swiftly to save Takuto's life

like the comment "I am surrounded by idiots"
Old 2011-02-21, 11:53   Link #2398
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow...so much revelation in this episode. Head is confirmed as Takuto's dad as per the fan theory, what I didn't expect is what a bastard he was, corrupted by the power of Cybody and abandoned both Takuto and the mother Sora. I'm surprised with the role Ryosuke is playing in all these. While the episode and the revelation were great, I can't help but feel that it would be great to at least flesh out Ryosuke more. At first, he was just this guy with an eye patch and that ridiculous Kiraboshi outfit and now he's sort-of-Sugata in the love triangle. It lessens the impact.

Still, the climax is near and the series is gonna be more FABULOUS!!!
Old 2011-02-21, 11:56   Link #2399
SolCiel

Spoiler for pix:

Good ol' revenge.
SolCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 12:32   Link #2400
Dahak86
Classics never age

one thing that's bothering me: first-phase abilities are a separated entity from the marks, right?
I mean, the transfer of a mark doesn't imply the transfer of said ability, does it?

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen