AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-07, 05:17   Link #261
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I believe that Setsuna will come back...and she'll be pregnant...but only to find out that her best friend has been killed by her lover's former girlfriend.
Old 2007-09-07, 05:56   Link #262
TheUltimate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I believe that Setsuna will come back...and she'll be pregnant...but only to find out that her best friend has been killed by her lover's former girlfriend.
That would be interestingly fudged up. But a good watch.
Old 2007-09-07, 05:59   Link #263
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

though its just a theory, it could be possible since Setsuna has become the center of attention within the main cast with her trip to France and her newly found relationship with Makoto.
Old 2007-09-07, 06:09   Link #264
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Such a thing would make for an interesting ending indeed. It would also help to resolve the whole 'whom does Makoto belong to' in a snap Besides, i consider Setsuna to be the most fitting for Makoto among the current cast by a mile. She is the only one to whom Makoto actually listens to, and she would be capable of keeping a leash on him. Of all the girls, i think she is the only one who has what it takes to handle Makoto.
Old 2007-09-07, 07:30   Link #265
tetsuo69

makoto seem to had only listen to her cause she was one first one to give it up. reason which to why he stop liking kotonoha.
Old 2007-09-07, 09:09   Link #266
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ofc makoto will listen to someone with a more decisive pressure being a person who is normally pushed around and it seems like all the other girls who follow him has a similar trait besides setsuna (who is the queen of handing out unwanted death glares ). but prior to thinking that she was the most intelligant one the end of this ep totally burns that opinion to hell...she is just as naive and childish as the rest of the crew *sigh*
i would say a happy end with makoto and setsuna would be unjust. after a big screw up like this for HIM to have a happy end while sekai and kotonoha is left scarred for the rest of their lives is just not something i would like to see.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-07, 10:25   Link #267
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Even though that would make matters worse for everyone we still do not have proof that Makoto actually slept with Setsuna. That whole situation was vauge in how it ended. setsuna crying and trying to take of clothes Makoto with that shocked look then he says I........... the next thing we know Setsuna is at the airport leaving and Makoto is looking for her. IMO there was something that was said after Makoto's last line. Its easy enough to say that they had sex but the writers have used misdirection several times in the series so far. so i am not going to take it at face vaule. There is a piece missing and i dont think it was sex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Such a thing would make for an interesting ending indeed. It would also help to resolve the whole 'whom does Makoto belong to' in a snap Besides, i consider Setsuna to be the most fitting for Makoto among the current cast by a mile. She is the only one to whom Makoto actually listens to, and she would be capable of keeping a leash on him. Of all the girls, i think she is the only one who has what it takes to handle Makoto.
I agree with 100% Setsuna natually personality is like kryptonite to Makoto. He listens to her pretty much at every turn and could manipulate him if need to be to keep his ass in line. Even though i like Sekai if i had to pick the best choice for Makoto it would Setsuna.

I think a lot of us also have fogotten that Setsuna never told Sekai she was leaving. In all the banter about Katsura going nuts, the videotape coming out and weather Makoto and Setsuna slept together i forgot about it. This will be a very diffcult time for Sekai. SHe has just seen Makoto getting it on with Otome and she is rightfully so up set. Well Setsuna the one person who she would lean on is now gone and without saying anything, and we all know how insensitive Makoto can be. Taking these 2 factors in account it would be very easy for Sekai to have a break down as well. Also, Katsura mentioned to Sekai that Makoto was with Setsuna if he tells her shes gone to France Sekai could wonder how he knew and why Setsuna didnt tell her.
Old 2007-09-07, 14:48   Link #268
Orin GA

Im gonna make a guess at a theory that even tho Setsuna offered her body, once he actually tried to make a move on her she refused seeing how all he is looking for is sex.

Those of you saying that Makoto might have refused...COME ON, WHERE WERE YOU DURING THE LAST 9 EPISODES?

All in All, Makoto probably chased her down to the airport to tell her not to say anything.
Old 2007-09-07, 14:52   Link #269
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Sorry, there is nothing to justify your theory...where did we see her refuse? She was making the offer exactly because she noticed he is interested. Where were we during the last 9 episodes? Following the show i assume. Where were you during the scene ? Some gears finally started to turn in that empty bucket of his. "I ........"
Them going all the way is a possibility as well, but given how the events unfolded him 'refusing' seems just as good, if not a better bet.
Old 2007-09-07, 14:58   Link #270
Orin GA

But think about it. If he did have sex with her, why would he go chasing her down to the airport? To tell, her "HA HA HA, it was all a lie, and Im going to sleep around with everyone still "

Something must have happened during that time.
Old 2007-09-07, 15:12   Link #271
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
But think about it. If he did have sex with her, why would he go chasing her down to the airport? To tell, her "HA HA HA, it was all a lie, and Im going to sleep around with everyone still "

That doesnt make any sense either. If Makoto did have sex with her knowing him he would have left it at that. There is no reason for him to chase after her if he had already gotten what he wanted. The theory is not sound because of Setsuna's personality if it meant that Seaki would be happy with Makoto should would have given her self to him, the whole scene was designed to show us how far Setsuna is willing to go for Sekai's sake. Makoto's face and his comment at the end should tell that nothing is certain yet, more than anything that tiny brain of his had a moment of clarity in other words someone turn the light switch on in his head. I agree that "something" happend but my guess is it wa mental than physical
Old 2007-09-07, 15:20   Link #272
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post

More than likely something that as Sky previously stated made that ancient cog turn in his brain. It could be that seeing Setsuna in a position like that...and what she was willing to do...for someone else...might have shown him that he's a lot worse than he realized. It's like seeing what loving someone so deeply...friend or otherwise really means.
Old 2007-09-07, 15:42   Link #273
l3LooDLusT

well u guys have a goindpoint but the thing that i dont get is why did setsuna cried on the airport if she feeling guilty about wat she did? and most likely i think makoto went to the airport because he wants to apologize for what he did to her fte he would bang anything with a dress and if thir willing n this case she was willing(for the sake of someone? ) yet cying at the same time. this is all specualtion coz i really dont know what happen till i watch episde 11
Old 2007-09-07, 15:43   Link #274
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

The reason why makoto chose to run after setsuna is simple for me, he has found a new love
The guys just cant be faithful to just one girl and well all his previous acts just proves this point. He has a one track mind and can only think one thing at a time that is why when he focused on setsuna he felt that he had to go after her no matter what while at the meantime totally forgetting sekai, kotonoha etc.
I think this kind of mind set seems somewhat common with harem leads (cause really ive see a lot of series where the male harem lead can just forget about others while only chasing for his own happiness - classic example: did rin ever think about kaede when she was going through a mental breakdown? ) but in this case for makoto it is 100 times more worse and obvious...he isnt just indecisive but a natural born retard.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-09-07, 15:43   Link #275
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3LooDLusT View Post
well u guys have a goindpoint but the thing that i dont get is why did setsuna cried on the airport if she feeling guilty about wat she did? and most likely i think makoto went to the airport because he wants to apologize for what he did to her fte he would bang anything with a dress and if thir willing n this case she was willing(for the sake of someone? ) yet cying at the same time. this is all specualtion coz i really dont know what happen till i watch episde 11
it doesn't have anything to do with guilt.
more likely regrets, as especially she won't be able to protect sekai.
if she didn't happen to convince that idiot, it might be even worse.

i can't see it related to the "possible sex scene" but rather her memories and feelings for sekai.
Old 2007-09-07, 15:54   Link #276
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

I still don't think that they had intercourse...the look on Makoto's face...I mean he was basically beside himself...he seemed for the first time unsure what to do when a woman basically opened herself up to him.
Old 2007-09-07, 16:04   Link #277
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

I agree her crying had nothing to do with guilt. its fine for her cry after all she is leaving her bestfriend her school memories all behind. Im sure they didnt have sex and Setsuna is the best person out of all the girls for him. I agree with deathkillz it could be possible he thinks he in love Setsuna now. But again since we dont know the events after the scene with them on the bed its hard to tell. Setsuna said something to him that hit home im sure it.
Old 2007-09-07, 16:54   Link #278
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSigma View Post
I still don't think that they had intercourse...the look on Makoto's face...I mean he was basically beside himself...he seemed for the first time unsure what to do when a woman basically opened herself up to him.
Possible...but do you honestly think that makoto will pass up a chance like this? Not that im doubting him but time and time again he has proven to let his urges get the better of him and this is on of those situations. On the other hand it is true that he seems to have hesitate before the cut scene so maybe this time his human side won over and resisted...but then theres trouble as he finds himself falling for the girl who is willing to have sex with him not for herself but for a friend. Perhaps this side of setsuna reached out to makoto where the other girls failed but i doubt he has the ability to think so deep Hes chasing after setsuna because he wants her to stay imo (for whatever reasons).

well even if he does "love" setsuna now from past experience it's just a matter of time til he gets bored and decides to move on

Old 2007-09-07, 17:03   Link #279
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Possible...but do you honestly think that makoto will pass up a chance like this? Not that im doubting him but time and time again he has proven to let his urges get the better of him and this is on of those situations. On the other hand it is true that he seems to have hesitate before the cut scene so maybe this time his human side won over and resisted...but then theres trouble as he finds himself falling for the girl who is willing to have sex with him not for herself but for a friend. Perhaps this side of setsuna reached out to makoto where the other girls failed but i doubt he has the ability to think so deep Hes chasing after setsuna because he wants her to stay imo (for whatever reasons).

well even if he does "love" setsuna now from past experience it's just a matter of time til he gets bored and decides to move on
When I first saw how he was talking to Setsuna and then what he did, I was thinking...oh crap here we go with ANOTHER girl...but his reaction was so different. It was like he finally saw what he was doing or at least it made him think about what he was doing...I don't believe he got in Setsuna's pants still...that would make the last scene even stronger to show that Makoto was impacted by how Setsuna would react to being a REAL friend for Sekai.

I don't think he loves Setsuna, I think his original intention was lustful, but whatever it was that triggered his response to not go on (I know it was how she acted but I'm saying WHAT it triggered in him I'm not sure) I think made the cog in his brain turn...
Old 2007-09-07, 17:13   Link #280
Aranu
Graphic Design
*Graphic Designer

I cannot believe that Katsura got raped She was the sweet innocent character i loved. How could that jerk be so casual about raping her
Closed Thread