AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 10:16   Link #32401
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Nay! As long as I breathe and live and can type, the bunnies and rainbows shall persist!

*dodges the torrents of divine shooters coming at her from the animesuki crew*
How about dodging something out from the best RPG's ever made by man?
*cast Ultima with quadra-effect at Shigan then follow up with a quadra-effect Meteor*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 10:27   Link #32402
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
How about dodging something out from the best RPG's ever made by man?
*cast Ultima with quadra-effect at Shigan then follow up with a quadra-effect Meteor*
*counters with Luminaire of Chrono Trigger in the name of love!*

*Finishs with Fragmented End of Tales of the Abyss, just to be sure*

Those who've played Tales of the Abyss and actually made it to fighting Nebilim knows exactly why this hurts like a &%/&%/...

We could sit here for weeks discussing which RPG is the best ever -_-. Let's not go there...
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 11:37   Link #32403
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Spoiler for Hayate x Vivio Story, normal deathcurse style:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Strange. I was supposed to feel sad reading this, but instead I am filled with enjoyment with how the world has returned normal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... I am forced to agree with Tiresias. I know I should be depressed, but it's more like the feeling you get when you run into an old friend you haven't seen in a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh thank god. I was starting to worry I'd see nothing but rainbows and sunshine from you for the rest of my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
She's back, you guys.

In all seriousness, though, a very lovely piece and a rather dark look at the outcome of the Hayate x Vivio chronicles as a whole, if Hayate ever chose to go down that route believing it was best for Vivio. Talk about the best intentions backfiring in the worst way possible!

And then Lutecia comes along and makes it all better and... *SHOT*

Aside from that, you could just as well make this AU of the chronicles, if you want to. I did that with the "Sunset" universe and "Borderline".
I love these reactions! It is kind of strange, if you think about it, to see happy-fluffy-warm-&-fuzzy written by our Queen of Tragedy. The fic was really beautiful in its dark way, though, all about the tragedy of good intentions (seriously, I'd rather risk crashing and burning honestly than crashing and burning based on a lie) and about one of life's cruel truths which anime and manga do not usually acknowledge: just because you wish and hope that someone will love you someday is not going to make them suddenly change their mind.

@dc: I'm sorry you're having school and life problems (especially the latter), but I'm glad my review/critique prompted a story idea! BTW, I'll reply to your e-mail on the subject tonight...weirdly, I actually have personal experience of initially-dubious-but-not-openly-hostile-but-who-come-around-eventuallu parents that might be somewhat relevant to Nanoha and Fate's position.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 12:24   Link #32404
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
It depends on what you like about it, I think. On the one hand, it's a story about Lutecia and her struggles to balance out her life between a work she's good at, sort of likes, yet hates terribly, and her relationship with Vivio who makes her feel the complete opposite of what she suffers through every day at work as a Shadow. And how all those emotional contradictions are tearing Lutecia apart, and her long journey to fixing herself over it.

And on the other hand, it's a political spy-thriller where half the TSAB gets painted black or dark shades of gray, and good people do terrible things and the authors giggle madly about it .
After reading this I think I finally know what makes me continue reading the Shadowverse. It's the same feeling I got when reading the Dresden Files(the latter books especially) that one keeps reading for the awesome stories and great memorable moments while enduring that feeling of being ran through by swords of frozen steel again and again.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:21   Link #32405
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Suddenly have an idea, although I'm not sure whether someone has written on it or not.

It's about Nanoha's and Fate's hair style. In Strikers they seemed to have switched with each other if I'm not mistaken; Nanoha has twin pony tails when she's put on her Barrier Jacket. Is there a story regarding this?
Old 2011-07-08, 13:33   Link #32406
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Strange. I was supposed to feel sad reading this, but instead I am filled with enjoyment with how the world has returned normal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... I am forced to agree with Tiresias. I know I should be depressed, but it's more like the feeling you get when you run into an old friend you haven't seen in a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Wow, perfect. This should be made canon in your files, just an alternate universe to keep the er, plot bunnies dancing xD. One day you'll read them back and find how remarkably possible both stories are, how the turning points in life could determine happiness and sadness.
Quote:
She's back, you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh thank god. I was starting to worry I'd see nothing but rainbows and sunshine from you for the rest of my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
I liked this and would also like to see it as an AU. Really, it is a beautiful piece.

Well, these reactions are unexpected .

Should I take it as a sign that my attempt to utterly destroy Hayate and Vivio wasn't received with horror but with...delight?

Quote:
In all seriousness, though, a very lovely piece and a rather dark look at the outcome of the Hayate x Vivio chronicles as a whole, if Hayate ever chose to go down that route believing it was best for Vivio. Talk about the best intentions backfiring in the worst way possible!

And then Lutecia comes along and makes it all better and... *SHOT*

Aside from that, you could just as well make this AU of the chronicles, if you want to. I did that with the "Sunset" universe and "Borderline".
I was in such a black mood yesterday that I just had to let it out on poor Hayate and Vivio, and after I started writing I realized that death would be the easy way out ...and hence the fic, with the worst case scenario, emerged. And it's annoying how quickly I was able to come up with this dark approach when I'm having so much trouble with the happy stuff!

LOL, sequeway into Shadowverse?

It could be AU. It's a bit short for a story though , but I may tack it on another story or something just as an extra.

Quote:
My sole purpose in the Files HxV universe is to never let dc run amok and let this happen .*starts typing on the next VxH story madly*
Quote:
Nay! As long as I breathe and live and can type, the bunnies and rainbows shall persist!
LOL, good thing you're writing this stuff with me . Or else you see what one mood turn can do to a series in my hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I love these reactions! It is kind of strange, if you think about it, to see happy-fluffy-warm-&-fuzzy written by our Queen of Tragedy. The fic was really beautiful in its dark way, though, all about the tragedy of good intentions (seriously, I'd rather risk crashing and burning honestly than crashing and burning based on a lie) and about one of life's cruel truths which anime and manga do not usually acknowledge: just because you wish and hope that someone will love you someday is not going to make them suddenly change their mind.

@dc: I'm sorry you're having school and life problems (especially the latter), but I'm glad my review/critique prompted a story idea! BTW, I'll reply to your e-mail on the subject tonight...weirdly, I actually have personal experience of initially-dubious-but-not-openly-hostile-but-who-come-around-eventuallu parents that might be somewhat relevant to Nanoha and Fate's position.
Man, people complain that I tear their hearts out and send them to depression when I write normally, then when I write happy stuff they comment on how weird it is and that they want back to the tragedy!

Yes, it's the fact that Hayate lied in the beginning which makes it worse in my view. And yet at the end she can't fix the damage she did to herself and to Vivio . Tragic.

@Dezo: Well, to specify, it's more like school problems and life stress . So not too terrible, just...frustrating . Thanks, and sorry again for the ranting and raving ..... And I'd appreciate that a lot, thank you! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
After reading this I think I finally know what makes me continue reading the Shadowverse. It's the same feeling I got when reading the Dresden Files(the latter books especially) that one keeps reading for the awesome stories and great memorable moments while enduring that feeling of being ran through by swords of frozen steel again and again.
LOL, does that make us a sadistic bunch?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:40   Link #32407
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Probably not, you're just good at what you do. So what if it's fun all the way.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:08   Link #32408
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
*counters with Luminaire of Chrono Trigger in the name of love!*

*Finishs with Fragmented End of Tales of the Abyss, just to be sure*

Those who've played Tales of the Abyss and actually made it to fighting Nebilim knows exactly why this hurts like a &%/&%/...

We could sit here for weeks discussing which RPG is the best ever -_-. Let's not go there...
well, I tried...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:14   Link #32409
Jimmy C

Quote:
It's about Nanoha's and Fate's hair style. In Strikers they seemed to have switched with each other if I'm not mistaken; Nanoha has twin pony tails when she's put on her Barrier Jacket. Is there a story regarding this?
Both girls changed hairstyles before Strikers. They had been wearing those hairstyles since they were 15 as shown in the A's ending. However, they retained the old hairstyles with their Barrier Jackets that they had been using since they were 9. They finally changed those a year after Strikers.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:29   Link #32410
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:

I was in such a black mood yesterday that I just had to let it out on poor Hayate and Vivio, and after I started writing I realized that death would be the easy way out ...and hence the fic, with the worst case scenario, emerged.
What are we going to do with you?? Sorry to hear you had a bad day though.

The fic was very well done - I love how you highlighted the way Hayate and Vivio waste themselves. Brilliant people who somehow manage to get a part of their lives so wrong.

But... whenever you write about Hayate's work... I feel a little sad
Old 2011-07-08, 14:48   Link #32411
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
Spoiler for Hayate x Vivio Story, normal deathcurse style:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Ah, the Queen of Tragedy returns. This hit pretty close to home. I'd be interested in seeing a fic from Vivio's perspective *nudge*
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:01   Link #32412
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Just so people know...

Started posting "Red" to FF.Net.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:14   Link #32413
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
What are we going to do with you?? Sorry to hear you had a bad day though.

The fic was very well done - I love how you highlighted the way Hayate and Vivio waste themselves. Brilliant people who somehow manage to get a part of their lives so wrong.

But... whenever you write about Hayate's work... I feel a little sad
Hehehe...pile me with awesomeness overload by seeing awesome work? *nudge nudge* Thanks for the concern ^^. It really wasn't insanely terrible of a day, just stress about assignments and about leisure activities turning not so leisurely, and deadlines @_@.

I'm glad you liked it . A generation of "hollow men"*, indeed . In this worst case scenario, I can see both of them being very successful and yet have nothing to show for it at the end .

*T.S. Eliot, for those who might be interested

Oh, I'm sorry! Is it bad then that I have a half-written one-shot all about Hayate and her work? (Fuyu can attest to how indirectly depressing that one will be .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
Ah, the Queen of Tragedy returns. This hit pretty close to home. I'd be interested in seeing a fic from Vivio's perspective *nudge*
Hope it didn't hit too hard .

Eh, don't rile up the plotbunnies please . They're dangerous creatures!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:24   Link #32414
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Suddenly have an idea, although I'm not sure whether someone has written on it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Both girls changed hairstyles before Strikers. They had been wearing those hairstyles since they were 15 as shown in the A's ending. However, they retained the old hairstyles with their Barrier Jackets that they had been using since they were 9. They finally changed those a year after Strikers.
Basically, the only difference between their Barrier Jacket hairstyles in S1/A's and StrikerS is that they both grew their hair out longer, so Nanoha's twintails are about the length Fate's used to be while Fate's are...quite long.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:32   Link #32415
Jimmy C

My opinion is the twintails style did not look good with their 19-year old forms.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:39   Link #32416
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
My opinion is the twintails style did not look good with their 19-year old forms.
Considering that they didn't change their voice pitches between A's and StrikerS, why should their hairstyle change?

Seriously, Nanoha, Fate and Hayate sound exactly the same between A's and StrikerS. =/

And I know they didn't change VAs. I'm just saying they could have changed pitches between A's and StrikerS.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:45   Link #32417
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I always figured Nanoha changed her regular hairstyle to the side ponytail style because her hair grew out during the recovery from her accident.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:50   Link #32418
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Considering that they didn't change their voice pitches between A's and StrikerS, why should their hairstyle change?

Seriously, Nanoha, Fate and Hayate sound exactly the same between A's and StrikerS. =/

And I know they didn't change VAs. I'm just saying they could have changed pitches between A's and StrikerS.
Really? Fate at least sounded slightly different to me in StrikerS.

Judging from the A's epilogue their voices sounding the same won't be a problem in the English dub if one ever get's made.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:55   Link #32419
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Well, these reactions are unexpected .

Should I take it as a sign that my attempt to utterly destroy Hayate and Vivio wasn't received with horror but with...delight?
You are our appointed Queen of Tragedy. You should have seen this coming ever since you announced that PoTB was overall going to have a happy, fluffy sort of ending. We aren't used to seeing happiness and fluff from you.

Quote:
I was in such a black mood yesterday
*hugs*

Quote:
It could be AU. It's a bit short for a story though , but I may tack it on another story or something just as an extra.
Hey, a dark AU is always fun to have on the side if you ever need to vent and can't take it out in the canon events. I've poured quite a bit of nasty emotion into the "Sunset" universe when I can't handle the happier stuff. It's a handy little way of easing frustration.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:58   Link #32420
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
You are our appointed Queen of Tragedy. You should have seen this coming ever since you announced that PoTB was overall going to have a happy, fluffy sort of ending. We aren't used to seeing happiness and fluff from you.
You don't have much room to talk.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha