AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-04, 14:59   Link #2441
Bigmac

His good ending will come with the original light novels ending. EX isn't an ending but an optional glimpse in to what his adulthood will be like. The original light novels won't even reach EX's timeline at its current timeline rate, which is why it's optional.

Last edited by Bigmac; 2015-09-04 at 15:11.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 15:02   Link #2442
iNoto

So EX is like a filler, that's what you're saying?
Old 2015-09-04, 15:08   Link #2443
Bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoto View Post
So EX is like a filler, that's what you're saying?
EX is a optional add on is what I'm saying. Canon yet not required to read for the main story.
Old 2015-09-04, 15:12   Link #2444
Royalknightftw

Yep, lets just say what happens in EX stays in EX, lol. You can skip it if you want it
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 16:24   Link #2445
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
They don't have strength equal to his grown body, Jesus. Ixis who is the strongest among them is known as the Ace of the allied forces, while Issei is the Hero. That tells you a lot of their accomplishments and powers. Issei is above his son and unless Ixis fully turns into a dragon and strikes out Crom-style going on a world training tour then he isn't going to best Issei any time soon. Specially not in dragon god mode. Rizevim was a hell of a lot stronger than Loki.
I never implied him to be stronger than Future Ise. I'm saying him being stronger than current Ise (as in after v12 but before v20) is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Well, Issei started training way later than their kids plus they also get the best mentors they could ever ask, Vali and Kiba. Issei was only trained for a short time by tannin and Sun Wokong, so most of the times issei's training is only done by himself unlike his kids who have been trained by a pro for longer times. So it's not so far fetched that his kids are stronger than well though i believe it's pre-14 Issei before Issei gets massive power up, like wyvern stuff and diabolous mode.
Except that Ise has the Boosted Gear which is pretty much stronger than anything they could have from their mother's side. And Ise is at least equal, if not above Sairaorg whose middle name is Intensive Crazy Training.

I'm pretty sure Sun Wukong shits on Kiba experience-wise. And Vali can't even teach them anything Dragon related since he doesn't have a Dragon's body, only Divine Divide. At most he can teach them how to spit fire.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 17:44   Link #2446
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Except that Ise has the Boosted Gear which is pretty much stronger than anything they could have from their mother's side. And Ise is at least equal, if not above Sairaorg whose middle name is Intensive Crazy Training.

I'm pretty sure Sun Wukong shits on Kiba experience-wise. And Vali can't even teach them anything Dragon related since he doesn't have a Dragon's body, only Divine Divide. At most he can teach them how to spit fire.
He barely masters his BG , remember what happened to him in Vol 16, he got trashed so badly by a replica BG. The point is, it does not matter whether you have BG or not if you can barely use it, while his child know how to utilize their own talents.

And what did Sun Wokong teach to Issei?? "How to conserve your stamina" that's all it was barely even a month, while his child have been trained thoroughly from the get go. It's Kiba 30 years later in the future we are talking about you know, a veteran of a big ass war. Bet his experience is much more than whatever you just said. Vali is prodigy, God knows what kind of shit he can pull off in the future.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 18:30   Link #2447
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
He barely masters his BG , remember what happened to him in Vol 16, he got trashed so badly by a replica BG. The point is, it does not matter whether you have BG or not if you can barely use it, while his child know how to utilize their own talents.

And what did Sun Wokong teach to Issei?? "How to conserve your stamina" that's all it was barely even a month, while his child have been trained thoroughly from the get go. It's Kiba 30 years later in the future we are talking about you know, a veteran of a big ass war. Bet his experience is much more than whatever you just said. Vali is prodigy, God knows what kind of shit he can pull off in the future.
Yeah, a replica being used by a Maou-Class guy. It wasn't because of misuse, his opponent was just much stronger at base.

When it comes to Ise, his main weakness is stamina. If he gets more, or can handle it better, his performance already would shoot up to eleven.

Sun Wukong has been living for centuries, is a Fighting Buddha, could heal the Hatred of God and was the Vanguard of Indra. A few decades are nothing compared to it.

Being a prodigy doesn't mean someone can do anything. His only Dragon abilities are that of Divine Divide, so there's no reason he could teach them how to use Dragonic powers related to their bodies when he doesn't even have them.
Old 2015-09-04, 19:08   Link #2448
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post

Being a prodigy doesn't mean someone can do anything. His only Dragon abilities are that of Divine Divide, so there's no reason he could teach them how to use Dragonic powers related to their bodies when he doesn't even have them.
Well , we are talkin about ichibumi here , knowing him well , we don`t know how is vali going to be in 30 years . Also this talk will be more efficient after volume 21 , there we will find how is vali going to power up
Old 2015-09-04, 20:02   Link #2449
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

will Vali meet his mom on v21? his dad is dead and it's already stated by Riz, but his mom status is unknown right?

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 20:58   Link #2450
saw2097

Quote:
Yep, lets just say what happens in EX stays in EX, lol. You can skip it if you want it
Exactly.

To clarify for everyone its two parallel universes, the kids from the light novel universes future came to the anime universe, so nothing they do here will effect the light novel universe's future.

This story serves two purposes:

1. We learn what happened to everyone after the light novels.

2. We learn why the anime differs from the light novels, its because of Loki's interference.

So like Royalknightftw and Bigmac say, its a optional story for fun that just fills in a few holes.

It won't change the story the light novels are telling.

Now to the training debate, Ise simply has nothing to teach his kids, keep in mind that his fighting style is raw power and free style fighting. Except for his ability to breath fire and his perverted tech. all of his abilities are things that he can't teach others anyway.

He has no skill with swords and has a limited grasp of magic.

While Kiba and Vali on the other hand are highly skilled geniuses, really the are the best teachers that Ise could get for his kids.

(Also I doubt the kids mothers would want the kids learning to blow women's clothes off.)
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 21:03   Link #2451
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
To clarify for everyone its two parallel universes, the kids from the light novel universes future came to the anime universe, so nothing they do here will effect the light novel universe's future.
It has been made clear that EX happens on the LN timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 1
Kurenai continued that in their timeline―― in the future, there is a person that can observe parallel worlds from the world line. The world line is safe but another seems to have already stepped away and its history was changed.

Zen said that in a certain world line, the seirei of Chichigami did not appear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 2
The Evil Gods' plans are centered on around this time. They already have traveled in time back and forth several times for their preparation and it started a few months ago and will continue up to a few weeks from now.

Them travelling in time multiple times does not have any influence on this timeline ... but instead different timelines were created.

The future is not something that cannot be changed. The future being seen right now happened without the actions of the Evil Gods. Them appearing now in the current time might/will affect and change the future which is already their plan in the first place but not exactly how they want it as Ix and the others are there to stop them.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2015-09-04 at 21:21.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 22:35   Link #2452
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
It has been made clear that EX happens on the LN timeline.

The future is not something that cannot be changed. The future being seen right now happened without the actions of the Evil Gods. Them appearing now in the current time might/will affect and change the future which is already their plan in the first place but not exactly how they want it as Ix and the others are there to stop them.
But doesn't it say that the changes result in the creation of alternate timelines but doesn't effect the original?

As in parallel universe are created with each change?

I'm sorry maybe I am misunderstanding your post.
Old 2015-09-05, 00:46   Link #2453
Bigmac

So everything that is happening in EX is happening in the original light novels timeline at different points in time and the only thing the anime of BorN is related to in EX is that it was explained as a extra timeline that was created?

I'm beginning to see why people hate time travel plots. They can get messy way too quickly.
Old 2015-09-05, 05:57   Link #2454
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post
So everything that is happening in EX is happening in the original light novels timeline at different points in time and the only thing the anime of BorN is related to in EX is that it was explained as a extra timeline that was created?

I'm beginning to see why people hate time travel plots. They can get messy way too quickly.
Makes perfect sense to me. Multiverse theory ftw baby!
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 06:48   Link #2455
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac View Post

Yeah, I agree.

I suspect that there will be no changes to the timeline though and the few that have happened such as Azazel meeting them will be resolved in a way that doesn't effect the future (such as his memories being erased of the whole thing).

Otherwise there will be confusion to what has happened in the light novels and what hasn't.

Edit: Lets get back to topic of what happens after the LN.

Lets take a look at what we know happens in the future:

1. Ise has kids with Rias, Akeno, Xenovia, Koneko, and Kuroka. So he has had sex with each of them and likely the others, as we know devils have a low chance of pregnancy so they probably did the deed many times.

2. His kids are being trained by highly skilled geniuses and have access to powerful abilities.

3. Ise is wanted by all the factions so he is famous throughout the world and idealized by many.

4. He is rich and powerful.

5. His kids show exasperation at his perverted actions with the girls, so clearly they have seen him do this before, in other words he is still doing perverted stuff with them.

6. The future versions of the characters are pushing the kids to work hard, so they are like all parents that love their kids.

Overall it sounds like an ideal future.

Last edited by saw2097; 2015-09-05 at 08:24.
Old 2015-09-05, 12:21   Link #2456
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Yeah, I agree.

I suspect that there will be no changes to the timeline though and the few that have happened such as Azazel meeting them will be resolved in a way that doesn't effect the future (such as his memories being erased of the whole thing).

Otherwise there will be confusion to what has happened in the light novels and what hasn't.

Edit: Lets get back to topic of what happens after the LN.

Lets take a look at what we know happens in the future:

1. Ise has kids with Rias, Akeno, Xenovia, Koneko, and Kuroka. So he has had sex with each of them and likely the others, as we know devils have a low chance of pregnancy so they probably did the deed many times.

2. His kids are being trained by highly skilled geniuses and have access to powerful abilities.

3. Ise is wanted by all the factions so he is famous throughout the world and idealized by many.

4. He is rich and powerful.

5. His kids show exasperation at his perverted actions with the girls, so clearly they have seen him do this before, in other words he is still doing perverted stuff with them.

6. The future versions of the characters are pushing the kids to work hard, so they are like all parents that love their kids.

Overall it sounds like an ideal future.
But it's not a completely ideal future. Ise's kids may have seen him doing perverted stuff, but it's still been said that he's too busy to have much time with his wives, so I'm thinking he only did perverted things with his wives for short amounts of time, some of which were witnessed by the kids accidentally.

The main reason the kids came to the past was to make Future Loki, who had also traveled back in time, lift the curse of eternal sleep that he'd placed on Asia. If what they're doing will have no affect on the future at all, then that would also be impossible and practically pointless. But it isn't because Ise's kids came from the future to correct this and to help Asia be able to wake up in the future. The changes done in the past in a time-travel story can and do have an affect on the future. That's why they have so many rules about time-travel: It's to make sure that not too many drastic changes are made to the future.

But either way, I think that Ise and the girls in the future need to be reminded of the fact that while they need to focus on their work, they still should make sure to make time for their family and friends.

@Chichi: Please notice that the spoilers for EX Part 2 don't have anything about Xenovia becoming an "Education Mom" at all, it only says that she becomes the Principal at a school. And looking at how strong Zen got, it's obvious he's been training, which also means that his mother didn't make him study too much, nor did she keep him away from his training. And Xenovia probably did train Zen, too, as he can wield Durandal IV pretty well. EX1 only said that Ix trained under Vali for Dragon-related stuff and Kiba for swordsmanship - but note that that's only been said about Ix so far and that the other kids weren't included in that AFAIK.

And look at this quote from EX2 where Ix wanted to fight Ruma Idora but couldn't get the chance to:
Quote:
Ix said that Ruma Idora's arrival is just perfect. Now, he will die here as well together with Loki. Ruma Idora replied that Ix is as fearless as always but it seems like it is too early for him to wear power like his father, the Sekiryuutei.
Ix isn't Future Ise's equal, nor has he surpassed the Ise of the current Volumes. I don't think he will until he's able to, as Ruma Idora put it, "wear power like his father, the Sekiryuutei".
Old 2015-09-05, 12:30   Link #2457
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
But it's not a completely ideal future. Ise's kids may have seen him doing perverted stuff, but it's still been said that he's too busy to have much time with his wives, so I'm thinking he only did perverted things with his wives for short amounts of time, some of which were witnessed by the kids accidentally.

The main reason the kids came to the past was to make Future Loki, who had also traveled back in time, lift the curse of eternal sleep that he'd placed on Asia. If what they're doing will have no affect on the future at all, then that would also be impossible and practically pointless. But it isn't because Ise's kids came from the future to correct this and to help Asia be able to wake up in the future. The changes done in the past in a time-travel story can and do have an affect on the future. That's why they have so many rules about time-travel: It's to make sure that not too many drastic changes are made to the future.

But either way, I think that Ise and the girls in the future need to be reminded of the fact that while they need to focus on their work, they still should make sure to make time for their family and friends.

@Chichi: Please notice that the spoilers for EX Part 2 don't have anything about Xenovia becoming an "Education Mom" at all, it only says that she becomes the Principal at a school. And looking at how strong Zen got, it's obvious he's been training, which also means that his mother didn't make him study too much, nor did she keep him away from his training. And Xenovia probably did train Zen, too, as he can wield Durandal IV pretty well. EX1 only said that Ix trained under Vali for Dragon-related stuff and Kiba for swordsmanship - but note that that's only been said about Ix so far and that the other kids weren't included in that AFAIK.

And look at this quote from EX2 where Ix wanted to fight Ruma Idora but couldn't get the chance to:

Ix isn't Future Ise's equal, nor has he surpassed the Ise of the current Volumes. I don't think he will until he's able to, as Ruma Idora put it, "wear power like his father, the Sekiryuutei".
It was clearly said Ise is too busy for his wife and children, so no, this isn't ideal in the slightest.

It was said in a spoiler that Xenovia became an education mom.

I never said Ichs is Future Ise's equal, but it was said that he's stronger than current Ise. And that's bullshit. Vali couldn't reach them anything besides breathing fire because that's the only Dragon ability he has that they could have.
Old 2015-09-05, 12:40   Link #2458
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, read the spoiler again. There's nothing in there that suggests that Xenovia didn't let Zen train. She just became the Principal at a school - that's all.

And I'm not agreeing with the guy who said that it's an ideal future, so I don't know why you directed that at me.

Vali might at least have been able to help him with mastering his Artificial Sacred Gear, and with his Devil training.

Also, Ix inherited a really strong and potent Dragon Aura. That's why he's so strong.
Old 2015-09-05, 12:56   Link #2459
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
No, read the spoiler again. There's nothing in there that suggests that Xenovia didn't let Zen train. She just became the Principal at a school - that's all.

And I'm not agreeing with the guy who said that it's an ideal future, so I don't know why you directed that at me.

Vali might at least have been able to help him with mastering his Artificial Sacred Gear, and with his Devil training.

Also, Ix inherited a really strong and potent Dragon Aura. That's why he's so strong.
I never said she was forbidding him from training so no idea why you're saying I did.

I'm agreeing with you about that.

His SG is probably based of Ise's so no, he couldn't teach that.

That doesn't mean he can be that strong. Ise also has a Dragon aura, which is where Ichs got his from, plus Triaina and CCQ.
Old 2015-09-05, 13:01   Link #2460
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, okay. I don't see what the problem is, then, since an "Education Mom" refers to a mother who focuses on education only, like how Chi-Chi raised Gohan.

I see. Never mind, then

Well, yeah, but Vali could still teach him about the basics of a Dragon-type Sacred Gear, couldn't he? And Ix is no idiot, so he probably knew what he was doing when he asked Vali to teach him that.

Ix inherited all aspects of Dragon Aura from Ise. Including the genes of Ise's Dragon Body. He probably just can't use Ophis' and Great Red's powers like Ise can.