Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 00:34   Link #4721
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'd rather not think about that possibility... his current disguise, though useful, is bad enough...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 01:49   Link #4722
Avvesione

Spoiler:
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:14   Link #4723
Homura7

^These events you say are not seen just by Blade but by Cruz and Saten too. The reader can see them, but not the owner of the memories, so it makes sense.

And talking about Cruz, to add something more, he gained female Eden cells.

Anyways, only 20 chapters before we reach the 100 mark and the more than likely end of part 1.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-05 at 06:40.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:23   Link #4724
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post

Hmm if Cruz IS changing on a cellular level. Than the possibility of him turning female cant be ruled out lol
^ Well, Setsuna did say "Doensn't this fit you a little too well? I didn't think it'd seem this natural." after they'd dressed Yamada as a girl, so it wouldn't completely surprise me

btw, I've seen you talk earlier about Needless and part 1 and part 2 Kurusu. What's that all about? I might have not been paying attention enough, but I don't recognise it. Is it some information the mangaka told about in an interview or something?

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-07-05 at 06:34.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:56   Link #4725
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
btw, I've seen you talk earlier about Needless and part 1 and part 2 Kurusu. What's that all about? I might have not been paying attention enough, but I don't recognise it. Is it some information the mangaka told about in an interview or something?
It's a timeline Imai established long ago. Back when he was at elementary school, he already had the whole manuscript written:

As you can see here, the whole Needless concept is divided in two parts. We are currently reading N1, then there's N 1.5, a prologue prior to N2, in wich a female Adam called Adam Neuschwanstein (note this means she is connected to Eve) is shown. She lives at the same church, same Black Spot from the earlier chapters. Teruyama guards the entrance, and the Black Madam now Black Mother lives there too.

Another interesting detail maybe somehow connected with the final result of the Adam Project is shown. A female Adam clone, half cyborg and wearing a chocker with the nš 80 carved appears and states she came to kill Adam N., whom she refers for some unknown reason using the term "Ni" (brother). During the fight, one of Arclight's abilities is shown, and the Needless Hunt is stated unfinished.

Back when Needless was in it's earlier stages, there was absolutely no way for us to tie this prologue with the main story, but now we almost solved all the questions.

Some aid about the timeline:

Green: Needless part 1 prologue (Sacred Sword of the Reaper, the story where Blade y Set met Kanna)

Blue: Needless part 1 (where we are currently)

Between blue and red: Needless 1.5, prologue prior to Needless part 2

Red: Needless part 2

Black Spot: Spin off chapter wich takes place during Needless part 2

Hope I helped you
Old 2010-07-05, 07:08   Link #4726
Ynot

^ Thanks that clears up a lot....and makes other parts even harder to understand lol. Still, it's pretty impressive to have the entire script already finished when he was in elementary school. I always assumed he was just going wherever he wanted with the story changing it on the fly if he felt like it, but that's obviously not the case.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:39   Link #4727
Homura7

^Needless 1.5 was his first released Needless related work, followed by Sacred Sword of the Reaper and two more chapters wich I won't talk for now.
Old 2010-07-05, 10:50   Link #4728
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
I think we should wait on the eden cell thing before we go adding own ideas to it (female eden cells gimme a break). The translation so far only talks about Eden seed/apple as a virus that kills regular humans but doesnt nececeraly harm Needless. (Thats all too it) And as far as powers go thats a Fragment. Has not much to do with the eden story. Btw if all cells come from the 2nd originaly then there is no female eden cells (if you want to genderize it). But tbh i doubt it has a gender specific character if it ever had anything to do with that.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:52   Link #4729
js06

Here are a few things Imai Kami says on his site about the "Original Needless" he wrote as a kid.

When Serialized Needless (i.e. the Needless in Ultra Jump that we have) was at Chapter 40, he said that about half of it had been completely changed from what was in the original.

There are characters in Serialized Needless that weren't in the original and characters from the original that he got rid of for the serialized version. He gives four examples of characters not in the original: Cruz, Uten, Saten, Aruka.

This is an image from the original with the Girl Squad on the left and Riru on the right:

This is an image from the original of Mio killing an unnamed member of the Girl Squad:
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:39   Link #4730
Sekirei07

Kami has come a long.... way

Also, didnt Kami create some special parts of Needless/Blackspot that he only gave to his close circle of friends?
Old 2010-07-05, 13:41   Link #4731
Homura7

^That's a page from the prototype version of the whole Needless concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Kami has come a long.... way

Also, didnt Kami create some special parts of Needless/Blackspot that he only gave to his close circle of friends?
So true.

Btw, by special parts you mean the Black Spot spin off? It takes place during Needless part 2, wich makes me wanna know how Cain changed so much.
Old 2010-07-05, 13:45   Link #4732
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Um, Word of Kami has said that Cruz wasn't in the original... remember, NEEDLESS probably changed alot from the original conception to the actual serialization

I just want to know one thing... where the hell did he get the idea to make all the lolis from? Seriously, only Lucky Star is more overloaded with lolis

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:51   Link #4733
Homura7

When Imai released Needless Zero, he already had the the bases of the whole story set, this time with no changes. Proof of that is the Needless 1.5 chapter wich takes place 2 years after Needless part 1.

You don't do something like this normally, unless you know very clear how are you gonna develop the story. And Kami is of the type that has things very clear.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:19   Link #4734
Homura7

I was just rereading earlier chapters and noticed something.

You know Simeon never leaves anything unfinished, right? After Blade destroyed that testament, they sent someone stronger, a needless, but Blade killed him too, and then, since the testament and a strong needless were both annihilated, they sent someone even stronger: a member from the Heavenly Four.

Following that, I can say for sure Black Market will be attacked again, this time by someone even stronger than Hatfield, and you know who in Simeon lines is stronger than a needless who's almost as strong as one of them.

For those who forgot, Hatfield was stated to be on the same level as the Four Heavenly Lords.

Don't you think I have a point? Simeon would never send someone at the same level or weaker than the last member the Resistance killed.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-05 at 15:59.
Old 2010-07-05, 17:18   Link #4735
katie12

^ sort-of. Wasn't Aruka intentionally supposed to kill Cruz, but she let the testament try. So, they actually went backwards in terms of strength

I don't think the heavenly 4 will attack the market because Saten is with Cruz, Aruka is looking for the last half of the disc, Riru doesn't seem the type to go on missions, and Uten is dead.

About Cruz getting a power, I don't think he'll get a power like the other needless we've seen. It's been mentioned over and over again that the needless ability is tied to the brain. So for me, Cruz will get/achieve something like enlightenment, allowing him to use all portions of his brain and not have to rely on fragments for abilities. Ultimately, allowing him to become the Third.

< First post
katie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:24   Link #4736
Avvesione

^
Welcome! Always good to see more people posting here.

Yeah, while it was said that Hatfield was on the same level as the Four Generals, he definitely was not on the same level as even Aruka when comparing how Blade fought both. I have a feeling someone will end up going to Black Market like Setsuna and Kuchinashi only to meet up with Mio and Blade+Co or something. I'm pretty sure they'll go back there since that's where Seto and Solva are, but not sure when.
Old 2010-07-05, 17:50   Link #4737
Homura7

Excellent, more users join the fray. Welcome!^^

Indeed, from the very beggining of the story brains have been portrayed as something important, something fundamental in order for a needless to understand his/her fragment and use it properly. Ishiyama naming some of the greatest minds that were ever been born in the world makes even more clear that Cruz is the "superhuman", the great mind born in the post-war era.

There's a high chance Aruka could go back to Black Market since she wanted to see if her brother could manage himself to survive. That and the fact Simeon suspects Cruz has the other half of the chip.
Old 2010-07-05, 17:59   Link #4738
Sekirei07

Well, Simeon is in a bit of disarray due to the PF Zero blast, plus Hatfield's whole squad was obliterated.

Also Aruka would most likely lie because now she has to cover her own ass in regards to the events. If Simeon found out about her actions she will be in big trouble. That is why she killed Hatfield's subordinate that saw her take down the wall.

From this I dont see it likely for Simeon to return to the town because I feel that Aruka will say that everything is under control and to leave it under her supervision as it was before
Old 2010-07-05, 18:53   Link #4739
katie12

She wouldn't need to go back to see if Cruz lived. If Hatfield didn't come back/report in to Simeon, Cruz lived.
katie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 20:10   Link #4740
Avvesione

I think someone will eventually go back to Kana Village. Seto and Solva stayed behind to defend against Simeon. That's usually a foreshadow by the storyteller that something will happen, especially since those two are pretty important characters and were reintroduced for only about 20 pages.

Simeon is going to be suspicious about what happened there. Even if Aruka says Hatfield died but she won and controls the area, they're going to send people to check it out. I'm just wondering what Aruka will do when (if?) she returns to Simeon.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen