AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-06, 12:25   Link #2021
Destined_Fate

Well, Akira betrayed Shoko too by keeping her out of the loop. If anyone should be hurt more out of the pair it's Shoko as Akira was her closest friend, after Haruto and Marie, and she risked everything in the past for Akira due to their friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Unit-1 apparently allows more than one pilot registrations as proven with Marie
Remember L-Elf's plan?
It killed her though. So the plan doesn't seem to be all that safe.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:55   Link #2022
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, Akira betrayed Shoko too by keeping her out of the loop. If anyone should be hurt more out of the pair it's Shoko as Akira was her closest friend, after Haruto and Marie, and she risked everything in the past for Akira due to their friendship.
Actually, Akira wasn't in the loop until pretty much they were on Earth. Akira was the last pilot, and because of her insecurities, she didn't hang out with the other pilots. They did give her the whole lowdown, but it wasn't until she saw Saki shot that she really began to understand how she had changed.

And I really think Shoko's too hung up over Haruto (her best friend) lying to her, than she will be over Akira.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 12:59   Link #2023
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

It only killed her that fast because her limiter was broken and she was already suffering from memory loss.
Old 2013-12-06, 13:34   Link #2024
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
A-drei is already harboring suspicion. Saki not being a monster, his own soul searching and feelings for L-Elf, and the upcoming X-eins revelation would set the plot on motion. A-drei was always planning a revolution, anyway. He was counting with L-Elf's support before the Module snatched him.
Just because they know doesn't mean they would just automatically defect to New JIOR. Just look at their options.
  1. New JIOR has all but completely collapsed. It is the enemy of the world, and it has now been proven that a Valvrave can be destroyed. With only three left, against such high numbers, and the citizens themselves out at each others throats. You'd be a fool to get into that and try to fix it.
  2. The Royalists is a much better choice in comparison, because their situation hasn't changed, but discontent within Dorssia has reached a new time high, due the Valvraves appearance. They are short on weapons. However, they operate in the shadows and have spies within the military, so they necessarily wouldn't have to defect to join them. However, A-drei doesn't agree with the royalists.

I don't think A-drei and X-eins will outright defect, but they will plan to overthrow the government from the inside, as A-drei's original plan. I mean they are better off where they now, than joining New JIOR at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Heh, I have a feeling that Haruto and L-Elf will be in their respective slumps and trying to fend for themselves, at which point Saki and A-Drei will rescue them, and also snap them out of their depressions.

Also, remember that Saki was the one who witnessed Haruto switch bodies with L-Elf and thus, she'll probably tell A-Drei that he wasn't shot by him. This may indeed restore his faith in L-Elf. Not to mention that, after learning about what H-Neun recorded, he and probably X-Eins will finally have their Heel Face Turns, bust Saki out, and the three will move to rescue the two, before finally confronting Cain for the final episode.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?
However, confirming A-dries theory is the same as implicating Haruto as the culprit, painting him as a target in A-drei's eyes. Saki wouldn't do that.
Old 2013-12-06, 14:02   Link #2025
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Akira actually did very well this episode. She was not afraid to get her hands dirty or to speak up to protect Shoko and the others. She is a good fighter and she now can stand up for herself and others. I actually don't think all the monster talk phased her much. This is a girl who was horribly bullied for years, and probably called every name in the book. This wasn't really that unusual for her.
She did. I was so proud of her- she was the first to arrive to help, too. She did really great.
As far as Iori and the school kids go, I agree it probably won't phase her that much. With regards to Shoko though, I'm leaning towards what finalfury said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Bullied victims do not take it lightly when the trust they have in a person has been compromised. I should know.
I can see her taking this pretty hard. On the other hand, it was so sweet to see Satomi sticking by her, no questions asked <3
Old 2013-12-06, 14:18   Link #2026
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wondering why just now Haruto finally starts to lose memories?
Old 2013-12-06, 14:23   Link #2027
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wondering why just now Haruto finally starts to lose memories?
Because this way they give a reason for Shoko to turn her back on him. It was for drama.
Old 2013-12-06, 16:33   Link #2028
LightDragonman

Quote:
However, confirming A-dries theory is the same as implicating Haruto as the culprit, painting him as a target in A-drei's eyes. Saki wouldn't do that.
I'm not exactly sure A-Drei even cares about who shot him in the eye at this point. All he wants to know about is L-Elf and how to get him on his side.

Or maybe Saki will just say that it was someone else who shot him, not L-Elf. At any rate, this'll be what'll convince him to defect and maybe set her free.
Old 2013-12-06, 17:47   Link #2029
Irenesharda

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure A-Drei even cares about who shot him in the eye at this point. All he wants to know about is L-Elf and how to get him on his side.

Or maybe Saki will just say that it was someone else who shot him, not L-Elf. At any rate, this'll be what'll convince him to defect and maybe set her free.
Actually, he's always wanted to know why L-elf switched sides. And actually, the whole possession thing had to do with that, so it will probably included. I mean, from his POV, L-elf went away to go capture the first Valvrave and suddenly did a 180 and betrayed them with no explanation. A-drei would forgive L-elf for the eye, he's said that. He really wants to know what happened.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 17:51   Link #2030
cyberdemon

Quote:

The Valvrave run off the runes of people. If Runes get too low it steal their memories first and when the memories are gone it steals their life. Marie was the test pilot and became broken and lost all her memories. She didn't have enough time to recover her runes so it drained her very quickly and then stole her life force instead. It's the same thing that will happen to Haruto if this keeps up. He just lost a memory by piloting this episode but he has a limiter still so it is much slower than Marie whose limiter was broken.
Old 2013-12-06, 17:54   Link #2031
Thess

Quote:

The fact L-Elf shot him haunts him (it's in his online profile), if he finds out he didn't, then he'll take other measures. I don't think he'll blame Haruto for shooting him, he was an enemy, but he might be bitter that L-elf took his side, although the circumstances explain him why he did it. Imagine how shocking would be for A-drei that his best friend suddenly ditches him, shoots him and joins a bunch of idiotic students for no reason without giving him explanation? It must have been infuriating and baffling. Specially after their last conversations in the CD dramas, you can get the feel of the closeness the group has.

The latest incidents and his contact with Saki will give him a clearer idea of why L-Elf did the things he did.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-06, 18:01   Link #2032
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The Valvrave run off the runes of people. If Runes get too low it steal their memories first and when the memories are gone it steals their life. Marie was the test pilot and became broken and lost all her memories. She didn't have enough time to recover her runes so it drained her very quickly and then stole her life force instead. It's the same thing that will happen to Haruto if this keeps up. He just lost a memory by piloting this episode but he has a limiter still so it is much slower than Marie whose limiter was broken.
Where are they going to get more runes without Haruto, exactly?
Old 2013-12-06, 18:28   Link #2033
cyberdemon

Quote:
Where are they going to get more runes without Haruto, exactly?
They just need someone else to take his place as pilot of VVV1
Old 2013-12-06, 18:39   Link #2034
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
They just need someone else to take his place as pilot of VVV1
I'm thinking that Valvrave season 3(if it is set 200+ years later) would not star Haruto, but we would get a new guy as the pilot of VVV1.

If my prediction about the formation of 3GR in ep 23 is correct, the defeat of Cain and subsequent occupation of Dorrisian lands in ep 24 would be the moment in which the 3GR is firmly established as a force to be reckoned with. (Like what the fall of Constantinople was for the Ottoman Empire.)
Old 2013-12-06, 18:45   Link #2035
Destined_Fate

I don't think a Cour 3 was ever said to be planned. For all we know it ends here.

-

Anyone think that the Cow Mecha and stuff are from ARUS that becomes the Empire that fears the Golden Seven? While the Dorssia is now the good guys after the successful "Revolution"?
Old 2013-12-06, 19:07   Link #2036
Irenesharda

So what do you think is going to happen next? L-elf seems to have woken up from his depression and then I'm guessing those space suits were in the capsule. But what is that Haruto is holding and what are they trying to do as they are arguing and Haruto deciding he wants L-elf to kick his butt today?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 19:12   Link #2037
Cloudy

@Destined_Fate-I believe there will be a season 3 or a movie based on the reception. Also, it is possible that they make the 3GR as the antagonists and Dorrisia as the protangonists in S3. It is common that Empires are the bad guys in anime.

@Irenesharda- Such CGI, very awkward, much budget, wow.
Old 2013-12-06, 19:13   Link #2038
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

So what do you think is going to happen next? L-elf seems to have woken up from his depression and then I'm guessing those space suits were in the capsule. But what is that Haruto is holding and what are they trying to do as they are arguing and Haruto deciding he wants L-elf to kick his butt today?
I'll give it to Haruto. He knows L-elf could put him down with his eyes closed, yet he's always charging at him when he's angry anyway. I would have learned my lesson a while ago.
Old 2013-12-06, 19:16   Link #2039
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
I'll give it to Haruto. He knows L-elf could put him down with his eyes closed, yet he's always charging at him when he's angry anyway. I would have learned my lesson a while ago.
You'd think he would have learned by now to stop charging headfirst. Hasn't he learned anything, from watching L-elf all this time? L-elf has disarmed him several times and yet he still never learns.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-06, 19:19   Link #2040
finalfury
Incognito

Wow, didn't notice that Haruto and L-elf crash landed somewhere. :/
It seems that the oxygen levels in their suits are going down tho.