AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-12-22, 14:31   Link #9321
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Speaking of which, I don't see how much less powerful she is in thst human body.

Those two bouncy things on her chest are capable of enslaving the men around her to do her bidding without her having to crack her whip.
Most devils are women.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 17:17   Link #9322
Sidapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
At that past Yuri Nikaido's body should be that of a twelve year old. She is of the same height as Kaori who is also twelve. Only Kaori is a sixth grader while Dokuro looks to have a middle school uniform.
I've read somewhere that 12-13 is the average age for first year middle school students in Japan. Also that 6th graders average from 11-12 years of age. So both girls were close in age anyway but were a grade apart and that's likely why Yuri NikaiDokuro has a middle school uniform back then.
Sidapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 08:54   Link #9323
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
But hey, didn't you guys remember Nikaido's words on the last chapter? .
Does that mean Skull Dokurou lives seperatetly with Nikaido, and moved her skull personality to the human body - Two but One Soul - when the devil body was destroyed.
In chapter 224 as Dokuro Skull stated, Yuri Nikaido/Human Dokuro is an existence created by her to serve as the "Watchman" and was given the name "Dokuro". So yes, both Dokuro's have separate consciousness, not Two but One Soul but Two Different Souls.
Old 2013-12-24, 04:04   Link #9324
Asakura Hana

Quote:
Most devils are women.

all devils are women .. there is no male devil there ... it is said in the manga ..

...And to others, please do not misunderstand literally that all devils are women )
Asakura Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 08:26   Link #9325
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura Hana View Post
all devils are women .. there is no male devil there ... it is said in the manga ..

...And to others, please do not misunderstand literally that all devils are women )
It might help to explain to others if you can be kind enough to include which chapter the statement that "all devils are women" are from.
Old 2013-12-24, 17:42   Link #9326
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, since the start, all devils have we seen are either Genderless or Female. Understandable, for Woman has long been stampered as a Symbol of Sin and Evil. But no, I don't think that's the fact in New Hell. Nora has parents, as well as Elsie or Haqua, right? Beside, if they're all Lesbians, you must admit that it would be quite hard for them to be able to gasp, not to mention being in (normal) Love themself.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 18:06   Link #9327
trenton_dawn
Silt

In chapter 151, page 3, Chief Dokuro explicitly states that there are no men in New Hell.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 20:26   Link #9328
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
In chapter 151, page 3, Chief Dokuro explicitly states that there are no men in New Hell.
Skull is lamenting she can't get married due to the low number of males though. She's a Christmas cake.

The one running the the public security is a guy.

Dokuro explains in one chapter in the Jupiter arc that devil souls were lost during the war that it affected devils capability to procreate children.

This makes me think devil souls are also part of the reincarnation cycle between heaven and Earth.

If so Elsie explanation of Runnaway Spirits wanting to be reborn from mothers make sense.

But the thing is stronger Weiss we encounter does not wait for their hosts to be pregnant for a child for them to take over.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 05:32   Link #9329
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Skull is lamenting she can't get married due to the low number of males though. She's a Christmas cake.

The one running the the public security is a guy.

Dokuro explains in one chapter in the Jupiter arc that devil souls were lost during the war that it affected devils capability to procreate children.

This makes me think devil souls are also part of the reincarnation cycle between heaven and Earth.

If so Elsie explanation of Runnaway Spirits wanting to be reborn from mothers make sense.

But the thing is stronger Weiss we encounter does not wait for their hosts to be pregnant for a child for them to take over.
Hmmm, that's right, Midas is a guy. I guess Dokuro was exaggerating (or translator error, I suppose).
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:12   Link #9330
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
Hmmm, that's right, Midas is a guy. I guess Dokuro was exaggerating (or translator error, I suppose).
Quite a high possibility that Dokuro is exaggerating in that sentence and the raw japanese translated to english makes it look like there is no male at New Hell at all.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:39   Link #9331
Graskell
invisible man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Quite a high possibility that Dokuro is exaggerating in that sentence and the raw japanese translated to english makes it look like there is no male at New Hell at all.
Indeed. I would be very surprised if hyperbole were somehow exclusive to the English language, but I don't imagine it would be easy to always properly convey such nuances while translating a weekly periodical.

On another note, please tell me I'm not the only one who only just realized that two of the Satyr ringleaders can be identified by name? I've read the entire manga at least twice but it only occurred to me yesterday to cross-reference the monolith symbols from chapter 203 with their various other appearances like in chapter 42 or chapter 150. Suffice to say, I'm feeling pretty slow on the uptake right now.
Old 2013-12-25, 12:43   Link #9332
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
Indeed. I would be very surprised if hyperbole were somehow exclusive to the English language, but I don't imagine it would be easy to always properly convey such nuances while translating a weekly periodical.

On another note, please tell me I'm not the only one who only just realized that two of the Satyr ringleaders can be identified by name? I've read the entire manga at least twice but it only occurred to me yesterday to cross-reference the monolith symbols from chapter 203 with their various other appearances like in chapter 42 or chapter 150. Suffice to say, I'm feeling pretty slow on the uptake right now.
You're not the only one. I actually find that they're not really intended to be hidden, noticeable but need observation yes~.
Old 2013-12-28, 13:04   Link #9333
Shadow5YA

So Akari isn't any more of a big sister to Elsie than Keima is a big brother. That was kind of disappointing, though I guess this way it explains why she hasn't bothered to look for her little sister in decades.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 13:20   Link #9334
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Akari is Elsie's older sister. (Adopted but still related)
Old 2013-12-28, 13:27   Link #9335
ices
Working Hard

Death Flag you said... Nooooo....!!!

I think the next gonna be Elsie's chapter... GO GET EM ELSIE!!!
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 13:28   Link #9336
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So after 5 years of build up it turns out Elsie doesn't really have a "sister".
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 13:30   Link #9337
MartianMage

Well I guess that clears the confusion about Akari, a noble, being the big sister of Elsie who's clearly not a noble.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 13:36   Link #9338
Shadow5YA

I'm kind of disappointed as well, but at least it also explains why Akari never bothered to look after and protect her little sister for all these years.

Also, Elsie family zoned
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:56   Link #9339
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So after 5 years of build up it turns out Elsie doesn't really have a "sister".
Confirmed and trolled at the same time.
Old 2013-12-28, 15:13   Link #9340
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Confirmed and trolled at the same time.
I think its just plain trolled so akari is "big sis" and she's not really big sis. Hm I wonder what would happen if elsie found out keima kissed her big sis.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen