AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 22:10   Link #25321
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Honestly, I'm kind of failing to see why you need an opinion on this. What you want to write is the original, true ending for your series, right? So you should write it because it's what you want. In the end, what we have to say on your decision shouldn't matter because it's your series, to do as you please with.
Old 2010-06-10, 23:17   Link #25322
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Honestly, I'm kind of failing to see why you need an opinion on this. What you want to write is the original, true ending for your series, right? So you should write it because it's what you want. In the end, what we have to say on your decision shouldn't matter because it's your series, to do as you please with.
I agree completely. You should write the story you want to write.

And speaking of stories, here's the first chapter of an as-yet-untitled piece (typical, right? I finish the entire outline for the story, but can't think of a title, yet...).

Spoiler for But it does have Fate in it!:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 23:32   Link #25323
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Because it makes me feel better and motivates me more knowing that other people actually care about what I do. I get so much hate on a regular basis, especially in regards to this pairing, so it'd be nice to get some encouragement once in awhile.

Also, so far as I know Satashi's the only other person who likes Vivio/Yuuno so I'm wondering if there's anyone else.
Old 2010-06-11, 00:00   Link #25324
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Yuuno x Harem. of course vivio is acceptable
Old 2010-06-11, 00:04   Link #25325
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So, I came up with this while I was in the shower this morning...

Spoiler for Intresting crack:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 04:02   Link #25326
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

A Vivio is fine too, Raiser.

Back to the Shadowsverse questions, I (maybe too subtly) hinted at where I'm going with these questions back in Chrono's World, but I guess I should stop beating around the Bush and be direct:

Does Yuuno know or not, and what (Shadowsverse-canonically) would happen to him if someone knows that he knows?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 06:55   Link #25327
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

@Dezo: Just Fate, or will we see other canon characters show up? I have a feeling where this plot is going already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
A Vivio is fine too, Raiser.

Back to the Shadowsverse questions, I (maybe too subtly) hinted at where I'm going with these questions back in Chrono's World, but I guess I should stop beating around the Bush and be direct:

Does Yuuno know or not, and what (Shadowsverse-canonically) would happen to him if someone knows that he knows?
It is unestablished as to whether Yuuno knows about the NSIS or that Chrono is the Director. However... it would be hard to believe that he wouldn't, given his own job. And just the knowledge of the NSIS organization itself is a possible risk, but it would be no risk if he was considered a non-risk for knowledge of the Shadows (for whatever reason) and found out that Chrono was the Director.

Personally, I think he has to know; he'd be an excellent resource for any branch of the TSAB, but the Intelligence and Special Intelligence branches in particular would be particularly dependent on him and his services. If he remains Head Librarian of the Infinite Library, then he probably can easily figure out that a group like the NSIS exists. In order to control that knowledge, he is probably "briefed in" to the secret. I can't really see it any other way, unless the NSIS never uses the Library.
Old 2010-06-11, 07:00   Link #25328
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Yuuno may know--he's exceedingly bright, and he hangs around with the canon cast. And he is personally in charge of what is, apparently, the single largest database of information, including the details of Lost Logia that can obliterate planets at a time, so it's entirely possible that he's in the loop legitimately.

If he's not, then there's no chance that anything would happen to him. His security clearance is off the charts (after all, as librarian of the Infinity Library, he has access to everything), and he's personally close to all kinds of people that Chrono wouldn't want to hurt. The basic reaction is, "Well, he's less likely to blurt it out than Nanoha."

Mind you, if you're writing a comedy fic, then nothing's stopping you from making Chrono make Yuuno think that Dire Consequences will arise from having access to this Forbidden Knowledge. In fact...he probably would.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:01   Link #25329
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, I came up with this while I was in the shower this morning...

Spoiler for Intresting crack:
Heh, that's pretty random Would certainly be a funny sight to see XD

One error: you have "nervously" in there.
Old 2010-06-11, 07:24   Link #25330
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

And speaking of stories, here's the first chapter of an as-yet-untitled piece (typical, right? I finish the entire outline for the story, but can't think of a title, yet...).

I like what you did with the contrasting descriptions in the last part of this! Seriously bent mind
Old 2010-06-11, 07:54   Link #25331
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:

Ooooh, so far I like. The interactions between Yaris and Fate are interesting... it's like she can't quite decide whether Fate is her partner, an annoyance, or some kind of surrogate temporary daughter, and a little bit of all three end up coming through.

And of course, I laughed at Fate's reaction to their transportation... realistically, normal cars were never going to be enough for that girl. She feels the need, the need for speed.

So from the ending I'm assuming that whoever stole this memory recording device screwed up and overwrote part of his own brain with it? Or maybe he was planning to do that all along, to get some information he thought was stored in it and got more than he bargained for. Either way, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it isn't going to end well.

Nice beginning, and looking forward to more!
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 09:02   Link #25332
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
@Dezo: Just Fate, or will we see other canon characters show up? I have a feeling where this plot is going already.

It is unestablished as to whether Yuuno knows about the NSIS or that Chrono is the Director. However... it would be hard to believe that he wouldn't, given his own job. And just the knowledge of the NSIS organization itself is a possible risk, but it would be no risk if he was considered a non-risk for knowledge of the Shadows (for whatever reason) and found out that Chrono was the Director.

Personally, I think he has to know; he'd be an excellent resource for any branch of the TSAB, but the Intelligence and Special Intelligence branches in particular would be particularly dependent on him and his services. If he remains Head Librarian of the Infinite Library, then he probably can easily figure out that a group like the NSIS exists. In order to control that knowledge, he is probably "briefed in" to the secret. I can't really see it any other way, unless the NSIS never uses the Library.
Quote:
Yuuno may know--he's exceedingly bright, and he hangs around with the canon cast. And he is personally in charge of what is, apparently, the single largest database of information, including the details of Lost Logia that can obliterate planets at a time, so it's entirely possible that he's in the loop legitimately.

If he's not, then there's no chance that anything would happen to him. His security clearance is off the charts (after all, as librarian of the Infinity Library, he has access to everything), and he's personally close to all kinds of people that Chrono wouldn't want to hurt. The basic reaction is, "Well, he's less likely to blurt it out than Nanoha."

Mind you, if you're writing a comedy fic, then nothing's stopping you from making Chrono make Yuuno think that Dire Consequences will arise from having access to this Forbidden Knowledge. In fact...he probably would.
Well... I suppose that's another plot bunny to send to the... slaughterhouse? It appears that the idea I had in mind isn't plausible under the circumstances.

(I totally need to find a shrugging emoticon.)

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2010-06-11 at 09:25.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 09:06   Link #25333
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Because it makes me feel better and motivates me more knowing that other people actually care about what I do. I get so much hate on a regular basis, especially in regards to this pairing, so it'd be nice to get some encouragement once in awhile.

Also, so far as I know Satashi's the only other person who likes Vivio/Yuuno so I'm wondering if there's anyone else.
Eh. I still say the opinions of others shouldn't hold so much power over you with something you want to write, but I'll back down on it.

Quote:
This is actually going to be addressed in a short I'm planning to write, but while Yuuno doesn't know specifically about the NSIS, he definitely knows that something like it exists and that Chrono is probably the head of it. And no, nothing will happen to him; not only is he valuable as an individual for his skills and intelligence, but he's a good friend of Nanoha. Chrono's smart enough to know that if Yuuno vanished because of the NSIS, Nanoha would raise all kinds of hell. So he has some protection in that sense.

Quote:

I missed your stories.

Very awesome so far. Yaris is an especially interesting character given her unique relationship with Fate at this point; she seems to simoltaneously trying to be Fate's superior, but at the same time she's still seeing her as a child the way a concerned mother or aunt would. Definitely promises to be interesting to see how they will continue to interact as the story progresses; methinks Yaris will end up caring despite her best attempts. Fate seems to have that effect on people.

The car bit with Fate made me laugh. Now we know what inspired her to get that car in StrikerS!

The last section is chilling. No name, no face, no physical description; just the feeling and the fear. Made me shake a little. There's definitely something more than a robbery going on.

Update soon!
Old 2010-06-11, 09:15   Link #25334
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
This is actually going to be addressed in a short I'm planning to write, but while Yuuno doesn't know specifically about the NSIS, he definitely knows that something like it exists and that Chrono is probably the head of it. And no, nothing will happen to him; not only is he valuable as an individual for his skills and intelligence, but he's a good friend of Nanoha. Chrono's smart enough to know that if Yuuno vanished because of the NSIS, Nanoha would raise all kinds of hell. So he has some protection in that sense.
I really feel like Chrono would be well served by informing the man and getting the information protected under the same classification stuff the rest of sensitive TSAB information that he's got is protected with Yuuno's clearances as Librarian.
Old 2010-06-11, 09:18   Link #25335
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I really feel like Chrono would be well served by informing the man and getting the information protected under the same classification stuff the rest of sensitive TSAB information that he's got is protected with Yuuno's clearances as Librarian.
It's something I'm debating at this point. It's not like the NSIS specifically needs clearance to use the information, and Chrono has enough power to do it on his own without having to all out tell Yuuno what it's for; but at the same time it feels weird because if he definitely knows, then that means that more people were lying to Nanoha about it than just Chrono and Lutecia (and possibly Lindy and Amy, but eh). And since I'm thinking of using this one-shot as a means to show how another person knows, I'm kind of wary of having too many people know because then it becomes a question of how Nanoha never found out in the first place.
Old 2010-06-11, 09:27   Link #25336
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Well, it's about position and relation. Yuuno knows by position, Fate by relation, Hayate by position. Nanoha eventually by relation (x2). She's not really in a position to know, and isn't close enough to Chrono to find out in a direct relation way.

If that makes sense.
Old 2010-06-11, 11:08   Link #25337
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:

In false light, Yuuno is in on the secret, but not officially, and actually works with EAID (the information/hacking/computer-nerd section of NSIS), but it's all cloak-and-dagger stuff; EAID analysts hide behind various covers when requesting information from the Library. He doesn't actually know Celica, though--at least, not what she looks like (which is why she was able to go to the Library under a phony alias and research the Precursor Artifact), though they have corresponded through the Midchildan equivalent of e-mail, with Celica behind various aliases.

Yuuno's knowledge of NSIS will become more apparent later in the series, when the good guys (certain members of the canon cast + Celica and Victor) find out more about the Factory and need to find it before the bad guys do.

Basically, he suspects the existence of a black-ops dirty tricks squad, but nobody ever told him specifically. He's a brilliant guy, after all. It'd be pretty hard to put one over him for any significant length of time. Like RB said, him not officially being in on the secret would make sense, considering the sheer amount of sensitive information that passes through his fingers.

Quote:
It's something I'm debating at this point. It's not like the NSIS specifically needs clearance to use the information, and Chrono has enough power to do it on his own without having to all out tell Yuuno what it's for; but at the same time it feels weird because if he definitely knows, then that means that more people were lying to Nanoha about it than just Chrono and Lutecia (and possibly Lindy and Amy, but eh). And since I'm thinking of using this one-shot as a means to show how another person knows, I'm kind of wary of having too many people know because then it becomes a question of how Nanoha never found out in the first place.
This is how I've been working it, honestly. NSIS gets what they need from the Library the same way Celica did in Chapter 2--they lie like hell, use phony identities and forge Bureau-approved authorizations. As you said, Chrono's got enough power to give any of his technical agents or analysts enough authorizations and credentials to get pretty much anything they want out of the Library, without having to officially tell Yuuno anything.

The man is very trustworthy and does have access to more sensitive and dangerous information than any one person in the entire Bureau system (with the exception of Celica, perhaps), but if he knew for sure, then that would pose an issue re: Nanoha.
Old 2010-06-11, 11:39   Link #25338
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for More Material Days:

Still tinkering around with the bit to introduce the last Material.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 11:42   Link #25339
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for More Material Days:

Still tinkering around with the bit to introduce the last Material.
I have next to no actual knowledge of the game, and only the most basic of basics on the Materials, so I don't know how accurate it is... but Material-D reminds me very much of Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night here.

I think it's the 'mongrel' that did it.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 11:50   Link #25340
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Yeah, I decided to toss in a bit of Gilgamesh in terms of Material-D's characterization but she doesn't carry as huge an ego or a jerkass attitude as him.

EDIT: Pageclaim for jerkass attitudes and egos just because I'm a jerkass. :P

Last edited by Yasanagi; 2010-06-11 at 12:01.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha