AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-05, 15:22   Link #141
bakato

Whoa! Rita, did you actually look hopeful there? Baccus is so shocked the blood goes back up his nose! How does that even work?
Old 2017-05-05, 16:24   Link #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Whoa! Rita, did you actually look hopeful there? Baccus is so shocked the blood goes back up his nose! How does that even work?
Rita expecting some other confession was amusing. Her response was to be expected.

Bacchus? I guess he sucked in at the same time that he gasped. It's fairly unnatural to do both at the same time.
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 16:46   Link #143
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
*sigh* Nina's shoppingspree with Mugaro nearly made me think he was a girl all along... Do we have a confirmed gender btw? Japanese homepage is pretty vague (Ok, english official one calls him "he", but who knows ).
Well, going by Mugaro's reaction to the dress and Bacchus' surprise (he never asked Nina about her new outfit), my vote is on Nina mistaking him for a girl. It's just that Mugaro is too happy about the attention and Nina's friendship to bother to correct her. (If he even cares either way.)

Anyway, Nina and Mugaro were adorable, and wow, I have a hunch that Azazel didn't know about this power. Also, it's weird that Mugaro seems to be aware of the angels' intentions toward him. There's more to this kid that we've been let on so far, and what we do know is a pretty big deal already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
And the whole Kaisar confessing his feelings scene had me on the floor laughing.
Poor, poor Rita... for a moment she forgot who she was dealing with.

We also got some background on Charioce, although obviously not everything. I'm sure this won't convince his haters, but I think it added just enough details to round him out better as a character. I really wonder what he's done to all those other poor Charioces...

Apropos Charioce, next week is the week of the Charioce/Nina "date" from the PV? That took place at a festival.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 17:06   Link #144
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I... actually thought Mugaro was really a girl and Azazel disguised her as a boy in order to hide her. I don't get why Nina would mistake him for a girl, but then again, this is Nina we're talking about.

Glad Kaisar finally voiced his opinion to Charioce, and was surprised he wasn't killed on the spot. Oh and too bad for Rita. She showed a surprisingly girly side in this ep. I guess she'll have to make due with Rocky.
Old 2017-05-05, 17:27   Link #145
Wandering Soul

Poor Rita. She was so full of hope, only to have it crushed by Kaiser's one track mind.
Old 2017-05-05, 18:07   Link #146
Irenesharda

Well, that was an interesting set up episode. I have a feeling that we will have our first big climax at this holiday festival. I think we will see a return of "commoner Charioce" and he and Nina will end up having their date that was in the PV.

There's also a shot in the PV of Azazel and Charioce fighting while Charioce is in a festive appropriate uniform, so I'm thinking that happens at this festival as well. I really liked the confrontation between Charioce and Kaiser since it gave us more about the king's nature and motivations. I can understand where he's coming from, but his lust for power you can already tell is doomed from the start and I have a feeling that it was his mother who was killed during Bahamut's appearance 10 years ago, and he blames all non-humans for it. He wants to be stronger than all of them and will do whatever it takes to do so.
Also, we did find out why Charioce is a few numbers ahead of the last king since he said he killed his competition to the throne.

Kaiser right now is so wishy washy. He wants the best of both worlds and his complaining was as annoying to me as it was to Rita. The first thing he asks her is if HE is good enough to be captain? A little self-centric there. In fact, I find it funny that Azazel has less selfish goals than Kaiser at this point. He's willing to die and give up everything if he can at least free his kind. Kaiser stewing in his own self doubt that really kind of makes him pathetic.

I also see that no one knows that Jeanne has been imprisoned all this time. I wonder if the Orleans knights will continue to support the king when they find that out?
Mugaro has some power, I bet that while Azazel has some idea of Mugaro's powers, he doesn't quite realize what an ace in the hole has been by his side all this time.

And I have a feeling that Mugaro (who is very much a HE, considering all the set up they gave for Nina to fall in the "trap joke" later) is going to be on no ones side completely and is going to be the uniting force between the three races.

Azazel shouldn't put all his eggs in one basket here. I have a feeling this is where Nina will be captured, Azazel maybe as well, but we'll have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
When he called Azazel out he wasn't smiling at the demons' suffering, he was smiling because Azazel appeared. And then he was smiling because he clearly enjoyed the fight, the opportunity to defeat someone who has been a thorn in his side for years, and because he's just that self-confident. And then Nina appeared and Charioce was, I think, obviously excited at seeing the dragon.

He's also playful enough to enter a random armwrestling contest with a some girl he's never met, and not be upset when she ends up throwing him across the street.
I'm pretty sure he was smiling even before Azazel showed up, since it was only after he swung his sword that Azazel showed himself. As for his with Nina and the arm-wrestling, I think that was more of the same "he likes a challenge" spirit that was saw from later on. He had no reason to get angry, he was happy to have a good opponent.

I still think he's quite cruel and enjoys the suffering of others to an extent. All he does is definitely not pragmatic. He has no reason to kill Jeanne's son in front of her. But he will do it out of cruelty. And if you say it's an intimidation tactic, there would be no reason since he knows that once he kill her child she will DEFINITELY have no reason to help him.

I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree until later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Well, I mean my personal opinion on his acting aside, Aoi Shouta voiced Michael. And I really don't want Mugaro to be Michael in any shape or form...
I think you're being willfully blind if you think Mugaro has nothing to do with Michael. Jeanne's patron archangel, along with the eye color scheme, and the fact that the kid has that much power? Michael was pretty much the strongest of the archangels, if anyone's power would be strong enough to fight Charioce's forbidden power, it would be his. If Mugaro ever does talk, it will probably be Michael's voice.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 18:12   Link #147
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I... actually thought Mugaro was really a girl and Azazel disguised her as a boy in order to hide her. I don't get why Nina would mistake him for a girl, but then again, this is Nina we're talking about.
Why would Azazel feel the need to disguise Mugaro, though? I don't think he knows that Mugaro is Jeanne's child, if he had known you bet he would have already done something to exploit that. I also don't think that he knows that there are people after the kid - in the first episode, when Nina was doing her King Kong thing in the tower, Azazel was surprised to see that "Mugaro" was being attacked. Clearly he didn't expect anything like that. And in any case I think Azazel would feel pretty confident in his ability to protect him, anyway, I don't think he'd even consider a disguise.

Of course, it would also be in character for Azazel to have never actually checked if Mugaro was a boy or a girl. But presumably Rita had treated Mugaro so she would know, and I think she wouldn't necessarily approve of Azazel dressing a girl as a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Poor Rita. She was so full of hope, only to have it crushed by Kaiser's one track mind.
At least this time it wasn't about Favaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think you're being willfully blind if you think Mugaro has nothing to do with Michael. Jeanne's patron archangel, along with the eye color scheme, and the fact that the kid has that much power? Michael was pretty much the strongest of the archangels, if anyone's power would be strong enough to fight Charioce's forbidden power, it would be his. If Mugaro ever does talk, it will probably be Michael's voice.
Call me willfully blind, then - I'm hoping against hope. :P (And "noooo, not Aoi" is not the last one on the list of reasons... poor Mugaro doesn't deserve that.)

Re: Charioce, I already said my opinion - I don't think he's a sadist. Ruthless, yes. Lacking empathy, yes. He's our villain, after all. But so far I'm not seeing how he's a sadist. But we'll see where his character goes.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2017-05-05 at 18:25.
Old 2017-05-05, 20:44   Link #148
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Charloce thirst for power will be his kingdom downfall and how, Bahamut. I'm calling it, that forbidden power is going to let loose Bahamut or another ancient evil.
Old 2017-05-05, 21:21   Link #149
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Rita is without question my favorite character in this series, and the conversation between Kaiser and her once again illustrates why. She is absolutely great, and whoever chose her VA back in season one should get an apple pie or something in my opinion. Sawashiro Miyuki has been consistently nailing it. ^^
Old 2017-05-05, 21:59   Link #150
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Poor Rita.

I can't see this ship sailing in the current condition though. I mean, Rita is "dead". She's a zombie. For this ship to have a legitimate shot, IMO, they would need to find a way to revive her body.

Since we're tackling the powers of God, Demons, Angels and Ancient Beasts, I don't think it's too far fetched to find a way to do it.

I'm curious to see where this series will go. I get a feeling that our one-track-mind knight will kill Azazel because he would have gone too far for his revenge. I get a feeling that those Angels will capture the child and be up to no good (they will be the main villain).

Amidst the chaos, the ancient Bahamut (or a different one from S1) will awaken. I have no idea where Favaro will fit in this though. I hope we will see him soon.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 23:21   Link #151
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Sofiel is so hoot!!!!!

I have feeling Mugaro is Favaro and S1 Heroine's child.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 00:51   Link #152
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Poor Rita.

I can't see this ship sailing in the current condition though. I mean, Rita is "dead". She's a zombie. For this ship to have a legitimate shot, IMO, they would need to find a way to revive her body.
Or Kaiser could just die heroically at some point, prompting her to raise him as a zombie, and then she'd have all eternity to work on getting through that thick skull of his.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 02:05   Link #153
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Or Kaiser could just die heroically at some point, prompting her to raise him as a zombie, and then she'd have all eternity to work on getting through that thick skull of his.
I can see that happining
Old 2017-05-06, 07:49   Link #154
Tenzen12

Well, it's not like she have to revive him whole at once. His thick skull might be even lost cause. She can just revive everything else.

Kaisar, Lego edition...
Old 2017-05-06, 08:21   Link #155
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Charloce thirst for power will be his kingdom downfall and how, Bahamut. I'm calling it, that forbidden power is going to let loose Bahamut or another ancient evil.
I can see Charioce trying to wake up Bahamut so that he can try to kill him once and for all (no more wake up cycles). His desire for humanity to stand on it's own is great, but there is a difference between standing on your own two feet and standing alone. No man is an island. He's gone to the extreme of independence, basically saying that not only do I not need anyone else, but I will destroy everyone else, just to prove that I don't need 'em!

Also, there's the issue that, you're killing people to gain power. But once you have all the power, won't that corrupt humanity in the same way, or even more so, than the beings you wish to take the power from?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-07, 03:31   Link #156
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
This too crossed my mind. He is a guy who lets his own hand be sliced off, as long he really wants a guy taken down. So I wouldn't put it past him to go all heroic sacrifice as soon he made up his mind. Rita could make him some kind of "Death Knight" afterwards (And they unlived happily forever after, with thier son Rocky)
Old 2017-05-07, 13:38   Link #157
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Rita is without question my favorite character in this series, and the conversation between Kaiser and her once again illustrates why. She is absolutely great, and whoever chose her VA back in season one should get an apple pie or something in my opinion. Sawashiro Miyuki has been consistently nailing it. ^^
Mine, too. I have a soft spot for the slightly out-of-joint observer like Rita. And I always listen carefully to Sawashiro's portrayal of this part. She gives Rita a wide range of intonations to address the character's many moods. Who knew she'd have to come up with a slightly romantic voice this time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Rita is "dead". She's a zombie. For this ship to have a legitimate shot, IMO, they would need to find a way to revive her body.
Let's talk about bodies for a moment. I don't think Mugaro was conceived by Jeanne through "immaculate conception." I think Michael assumed a human body and impregnated her. Azazel seemingly possesses the required equipment if we believe his request to "make love" to Nina. And I'm guessing the Lady Sofiel in her human form can conceive and would have a long line of volunteers offering to help her test that proposition. These are high angels we're talking about. Conjuring up a human body seems a likely power for them to possess.

Now, about Rita. Would they need to revive her body, or could her consciousness be transferred into another human body?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-07, 14:00   Link #158
kuromitsu

Sawashiro is indeed doing a great job with Rita, infusing her with so much personality. By the way, Morohoshi Sumire was a bit weird as Nina in the first episode, but man, has she come around since then! I guess it took a bit of time for her to get a strong grasp on Nina's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Let's talk about bodies for a moment. I don't think Mugaro was conceived by Jeanne through "immaculate conception." I think Michael assumed a human body and impregnated her. Azazel seemingly possesses the required equipment if we believe his request to "make love" to Nina. And I'm guessing the Lady Sofiel in her human form can conceive and would have a long line of volunteers offering to help her test that proposition. These are high angels we're talking about. Conjuring up a human body seems a likely power for them to possess.
FWIW I'm pretty sure Azazel didn't mean that. He just meant hugging and didn't think before he opened his mouth and used a word with a double meaning, and Nina of course couldn't not hear the second meaning. (It wouldn't be the first time the two of them have had a similar misunderstanding, although this one takes the cake so far.) Besides, not even Azazel is crazy enough to not think about the consequences of sticking his little Azazel into a six-ton fire-breathing scaly creature.

That aside I think both angels and fallen angels possess the necessary equipment, they look 100% human with the exception of wings/horns/etc., but in both case it's probably faster and easier to use magic than go through the whole process with someone they're not necessarily interested in that way.
Old 2017-05-07, 16:05   Link #159
James Rye

That date fell into the water. Rita's maniac smile when Kaisar was about to "confess" was awesome. The whole "I bitch about my stupid king and that stupid rag demon" scene was funny as hell. xD
So Mugaro is a girl? I thought he was a boy. Then again he is so cute it would be a crime not to dress him up as an adorable girl. <3
Old 2017-05-07, 18:48   Link #160
Applehell

Oh look, Azazel is falling back into his old habits again.

Or maybe they never left him at all...
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead