AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-28, 09:13   Link #481
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Damn, a 2 or more parter. I don't know how I am going to stand waiting another week

But another great episode, I loved how someone else got some spotlight and seeing their emotions.

7 days to wait for another episode, maybe I should go into hibernating and replay every episode in mine head.
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:11   Link #482
suka-pon-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Damn, a 2 or more parter. I don't know how I am going to stand waiting another week

But another great episode, I loved how someone else got some spotlight and seeing their emotions.

7 days to wait for another episode, maybe I should go into hibernating and replay every episode in mine head.
I heard we gotta wait 2 more weeks to see next episide. cuz Ball game.
Not sure yet, but sounds usual.
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:49   Link #483
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well if we have to wait for a ballgame, I hope it concludes in 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Just here to ask,what subs do you guys watch? FMS or Eclipse?
Diehard Eclipse fan.
Old 2009-10-28, 11:57   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Kobato will also be on a break next week, so it looks like it'll be the same for Kimi ni Todoke Not sure if it'll air on another channel or not though.
Old 2009-10-28, 12:56   Link #485
FuzzyWuzzy

Ah crap. Two weeks? I don't know if I can wait that long.
I don't know if I can wait 1 day.
Crap where's the manga......
ugh must resist evil voices in my head and wait for the anime..... ugh ugh ugh.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 15:43   Link #486
Katapan
俺様祭り

The official website suggests the schedule will be fairly normal - next week won't be skipped, and episode 5 should only air ten minutes later than the usual. On the other hand, what Syoboi Calendar has to say on the episode is " 野球中継のため無制限に追加繰り下げあり ", and I believe this means that baseball is likely to push the series even later at night (depending on the outcome of the matches, I'd assume)?

Anyway, we should get the fifth episode next week and it's all that matters. I couldn't stand waiting for two whole weeks, because episode 4 adapted the part of the manga that I found the most frustrating (and thus liked the least... even though it was necessary and with time, I've come to appreciate it because... well, who knows where this situation might go! ).

Edit: I finally found the time to sit and watch episode 4. I just have to say... wow. I think it's the first time that I'd qualify the anime as even more moving than the manga. The music was really, really fantastic. So were Miyuki Sawashiro and Yuuko Sanpei. I'm going to have to rewatch that a few times, but I know I'm even happier with the adaptation than before. To say nothing of the art still constantly looking great... how could I possibly wait for two weeks now?

Last edited by Katapan; 2009-10-28 at 16:58.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 16:41   Link #487
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

My initial praise of this series in starting to go downhill. This series is like sour gummy worms, good at first, but it gets a little too sour after too many. The sourness could be it's extreme shoujoness.

We finally got to see some angst in this show, but the angst is just not what I was thinking of. I just don't like the approach it took whatsoever.

Episode gets a 6/10.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 17:10   Link #488
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I finally found the time to sit and watch episode 4. I just have to say... wow. I think it's the first time that I'd qualify the anime as even more moving than the manga. The music was really, really fantastic. So were Miyuki Sawashiro and Yuuko Sanpei. I'm going to have to rewatch that a few times, but I know I'm even happier with the adaptation than before. To say nothing of the art still constantly looking great... how could I possibly wait for two weeks now?
I've been waiting to hear your thoughts regarding episode four, and they do not disappointed at all.

& i'll agree with you about finding the adaptation more moving, though i've thought that since the first episode. The wonderful power of S.E.N.S. is strong.
Old 2009-10-28, 17:19   Link #489
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

this episode was absolutely wonderful--completely frustrating too D: i don't think i can stand waiting a week! but i guess we finally got all the tension and drama we were waiting for. too many damn misunderstandings, it was really hair-pulling for me, which is a good thing mind you. i haven't been emotionally invested like this in a VERY LONG TIME with anime. kimi ni todoke does not disappoint.

and i adored the scene when sawako was walking away from kazehaya, the music was just beautiful D: i haven't read the manga past chapter 1 so i can't really compare...but this adaptation is really fulfilling and i just adore EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.

yano & yoshida are complete love though. they are the perfect friends.
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 18:25   Link #490
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And it's nice to see reactions like monir's. ^^ I'm very pleased to see a good number of people enjoying this show. It gives me hope.
Eclipse's release of eps. 4 alone seems to have it's fair share of downloaders, so there's certainly an audience for this show around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
yano & yoshida are complete love though. they are the perfect friends.
This!

Liking and caring for the characters is very important for me while watching something.

I am also happy for the somewhat small cast of current main characters; Like this, they get more time and more exposure to develop their personalities, wich can lead to get to know and like them more.
Old 2009-10-28, 18:42   Link #491
Kirarakim

Personally I do not like this type of drama at all. All the misunderstandings seem more forced than realistic and I don't like that they ended the episode on such a cliffhanger. I don't mind dramatic cliffhangers in your epic/action type stories, but in slice of life/romances they make me feel more like I am watching a soap opera.

Of course that being said I am willing to see this through because I am pretty sure everything will be patched up in the next episode (I hope) and the characters will grow closer from the experience. Which will be nice to see.

I also hope Sawako will learn to think not everyone is too good for her (but maybe that's asking too much so early in the series).
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:05   Link #492
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I also hope Sawako will learn to think not everyone is too good for her (but maybe that's asking too much so early in the series).
Say what....

Think you've got it the wrong way round. It's Sawako who doesn't think she's good enough for them. Or did you mean to say that you hope Sawako learns that not every person around her is as nice as she thinks they are?
Old 2009-10-28, 19:34   Link #493
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Say what....

Think you've got it the wrong way round. It's Sawako who doesn't think she's good enough for them. Or did you mean to say that you hope Sawako learns that not every person around her is as nice as she thinks they are?
No you misunderstand me. I was trying to say Sawako thinks everyone is too good to be friends with someone like her. And she needs to realize this isn't true. That she deserves to have friends and be treated with respect just like everyone else. And they aren't friends with her because they are saints.
Old 2009-10-28, 19:48   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
No you misunderstand me. I was trying to say Sawako thinks everyone is too good to be friends with someone like her. And she needs to realize this isn't true. That she deserves to have friends and be treated with respect just like everyone else. And they aren't friends with her because they are saints.
Don't you understand that this current arc is about that?
Old 2009-10-28, 19:55   Link #495
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, they're in high school, arguably a huge emotional turning point in everyone's life. Calling it a soap opera, because it can be hell for some people. Considering that at this point we know how Sawako's thought process goes, the misunderstandings don't feel forced or unrealistic. You can't have the good without the bad, and in the end you can't really appreciate the good to its utmost without going through the bad. This will help her develop her character, hell, even her soul.

That being said, don't be mean to Sawako again. It's heartbreaking.

D:!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:57   Link #496
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't you understand that this current arc is about that?

I understand that this arc will probably end with Sawako realizing that Yano & Yoshida want to be her friends and not just because they are being nice. I highly doubt that all the issues Sawako has with others will be going away after this arc. Quite frankly while I think Sawako is an extremely cute character, she is almost too good to be true. And most of her issues don't come from normal shyness but because she puts others completely over herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah, they're in high school, arguably a huge emotional turning point in everyone's life. Calling it a soap opera, because it can be hell for some people. Considering that at this point we know how Sawako's thought process goes, the misunderstandings don't feel forced or unrealistic.
I understand that high school is not an easy time (I went through it myself) and I have no issues with Sawako not being able to properly express her feelings at this point. That is not why I said it felt soap operaish to me.

What feels soap operaish is characters mishearing the wrong things several times. Characters misunderstanding another characters several times and causing even more misunderstanding. And then ending on a cliffhanger. Of course I realize every thing will be fine (and the relationships will probably grow stronger) in the next episode.

The drama would have been much more realistic if Sawako had trouble telling Yano & Yoshida how she really feels about them and wondering how they feel about her without all these misunderstandings.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2009-10-28 at 20:13.
Old 2009-10-28, 20:15   Link #497
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I understand that this arc will probably end with Sawako realizing that Yano & Yoshida want to be her friends and not just because they are being nice. I highly doubt that all the issues Sawako has with others will be going away after this arc. Quite frankly while I think Sawako is an extremely cute character, she is almost too good to be true. And most of her issues don't come from normal shyness but because she puts others completely over herself.
Sawako is the type of person that would be used and discarded in high schools today imo. She is like Atoli from .hack//G.U. She has this immense low self-esteem that is so out of place it invites harm. Plus, there's this disconnect with how she feels and how she looks. She is prob lucky to have found girls like Shino, Yano and Yoshida to hang out with imo. She's a social trainwreck. It's a miracle she's made it this far without physical harm imo.

She needs to find that backbone that she was born with.

Last edited by orion; 2009-10-28 at 20:41.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 20:17   Link #498
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

trouble in paradise.. blond bitch needs to die. can't wait two weeks. don't want to repeat what everyone else said. next ep has tears, and thus tears will flow from us.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 20:25   Link #499
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
What feels soap operaish is characters mishearing the wrong things several times. Characters misunderstanding another characters several times and causing even more misunderstanding. And then ending on a cliffhanger. Of course I realize every thing will be fine (and the relationships will probably grow stronger) in the next episode.
Misunderstandings are pretty realistic, as is acting on emotion. If you feel sad, upset, happy, more then the usual, you're generally going to do things you don't do in a normal state, like second guessing and doubting a good friend.

And you're not making any sense by stating that everything will be fine after everything, really then why the hell are you complaining? It's not the destination we're interested in, it's the journey to get there that makes it worth sticking around.

Quote:
The drama would have been much more realistic if Sawako had trouble telling Yano & Yoshida how she really feels about them and wondering how they feel about her without all these misunderstandings.
She does have trouble telling them, and to cause even further conflict she has trouble understanding the situation, seeing as she's never really had friends before. The poor girl has no idea how to handle the situation, let alone taking it all in to begin with. That's perfectly realistic.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 20:35   Link #500
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Kirarakim: *shrug* Okay, I think you do understand it somewhat. But I don't think that's the main issue. Sawako does feel worthy of their friendship at that point in time. The issue is Sawako doesn't feel that they are what she considers friends to be. Sawako clearly admires the bond between Yoshida and Yano and considers that to be an ideal measuring stick for friendship. She says it herself in episode 4.

Spoiler for friendship comment:

Sawako isn't the type of person who can appreciate that two people can just suddenly hit it off together without having much of a reason to like each other. She feels that there has to be more to it before Yano and Yoshida are her friends. Sawako's pure, unspoilt nature and her value of things like friendship cause this to be that way. Yano and Yoshida have a more 'normal' concept of friendship. The issue is that they have different values and that they weren't able to properly communicate the fact. Episodes 4 and 5 are the trials towards reaching that end. Once they are able to see things from the other's perspective, the gap is bridged.

Sawako is bound to irritate some because she has a very pure and naive view of the world. But that's what I love about her, to be honest. In a very jilted, tainted, cruel real world, Sawako is an antidote to remind the viewer that even the simple things in life we take for granted are more special than we think they are.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo