Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-06, 14:18   Link #41
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sonoka.
Who's that? If you mean the main character, she's called Wakaba. Nogi Wakaba.
Old 2021-11-07, 02:05   Link #42
Liddo-kun
is this so?

made the mistake of writing Sonoka instead of Nogi on my earlier post before. Flareknight might have seen the "Sonoka" there. I now edited that to Nogi.

my brain was not functioning well yesterday.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-08, 04:09   Link #43
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh gosh, I don't really know how to feel about all this. Wakaba seems like Sonoko without fun, and Chikage is for those that didn't think Mimori was batshit enough.

Or that's where I think this is going.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-08, 08:35   Link #44
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wakaba seems like Sonoko without fun
Blame the adaptation for that. This is what happens when you want to cram 15 episodes worth of content into 3 episodes. They cut out almost everything. And what little remained isn't even faithful to the novel anyway.
Old 2021-11-08, 11:29   Link #45
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Blame the adaptation for that. This is what happens when you want to cram 15 episodes worth of content into 3 episodes. They cut out almost everything. And what little remained isn't even faithful to the novel anyway.
Yea I know. Season 3 is extremely erratic and I don't know what they were aiming with this. Definitely a waste.

One of the things I really appreciated about the series was that you could easily feel the emotions of most scenes even with minimal context and this is where S3 falls flat in its place regarding the other casts. The music also seems to have been not as great too.

This almost fills like a filler'ish season. I can only hope there's some follow up to it.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2021-11-08 at 16:47.
Old 2021-11-09, 07:06   Link #46
Liddo-kun
is this so?

time to support my favorite anime.

ordered the opening theme cd. It has an exclusive cdjapan bonus pic. Will share pics when I receive it 2-4 weeks from now. Actually, the money was supposed to be for buying things from Aquatope.. but Shinju-sama whispered to my ear that Yuki Yuna anime has shown me cute magical girls and better yuri vibes... so I should buy from here instead. just kidding. lol
Old 2021-11-12, 21:56   Link #47
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Chikage:

Well Wakaba really laid into everyone at that news conference
Old 2021-11-13, 01:11   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure if I should give credit to the tree for a quick decision...or once again support Mimori's crazy decision near the end of season 1. These characters are put through absolute nightmares at the whim of supernatural entities.

The choice to cut Chiaki off did stop Chiaki's rampage. But it just saved a life that will probably just be sacrificed in a coming battle anyways. But that's just the way it is and the way it remained for much of that world's story. Constant string of cruel sacrifices to let humanity limp along and barely survive.

At least on the positive side it did allow an attempt to speak the truth. And that was a necessary move for those still alive as much as for the dead. Easier to fight on knowing they've at least tackled the public situation that in part resulted in tragedy.

Of course as we've seen in the future...Taisha didn't really learn anything from this. Well I suppose they learned how to better cover things up and not give their heroes positions that would allow them to speak the truth...They learned plenty of negative lessons I suppose.

It is nice the OP/ED reminds us about the main characters . Since this season really has barely included them at all.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-11-13 at 01:32.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-13, 10:09   Link #49
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

sad end for Gun-chan, her mind became messed up but managed to do good before dying.

last 2 heroes vs an army of vertex.. looks like the next episode will be a suicide mission.

Nogi is a good leader, she's just facing things beyond her control.
Old 2021-11-14, 02:44   Link #50
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well shit. Honestly, I think whoever does YuYuYu has a good grasp at what depression is. They just know when to hit. Speaking of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not sure if I should give credit to the tree for a quick decision...or once again support Mimori's crazy decision near the end of season 1. These characters are put through absolute nightmares at the whim of supernatural entities.
Oh, Mimori did nothing wrong.

Characters like Mimori (and I guess Chikage to a lesser extent) are precious! They can do so much when in a good environment so it's especially terrible when people don't value them enough. And it's very terrible when you lose them. That kind of vibe is awful in real life too, though fortunately nobody died. xD

It's probably why I have such an attachment to characters like that.

Well that and people that stand out for their friends too, I suppose.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2021-11-19, 21:56   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Yuuna Takashima:
Old 2021-11-20, 05:45   Link #52
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

as expected the battle is a very hard one, Yuna and Nogi are outnumbered and one of their opponents was even revive right away. It's a miracle Nogi was able to survive.. or maybe because Yuna Takashima already trashed that giant vertex, so Nogi only has to defeat it one more time?

one question is... I assume their timers are both 180 seconds, both powered up at almost the same time. Why did Yuna run out of timer faster than Nogi?

looking forward to next week!

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-11-20 at 05:56.
Old 2021-11-20, 08:42   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
one question is... I assume their timers are both 180 seconds, both powered up at almost the same time. Why did Yuna run out of timer faster than Nogi?
At first I thought that perhaps the timer doesn't reset and so Yuna's ran out earlier because she used that power before. But after checking it again right after both invoke that power at the same time, it is clearly shown that they both start at 180.

So yeah... it doesn't make any sense unless somehow the timers run at a different speed.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 10:07   Link #54
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
At first I thought that perhaps the timer doesn't reset and so Yuna's ran out earlier because she used that power before. But after checking it again right after both invoke that power at the same time, it is clearly shown that they both start at 180.

So yeah... it doesn't make any sense unless somehow the timers run at a different speed.
The timer is an anime-original thing so it doesn't surprise me it doesn't make sense. The anime has been sloppy as hell. It's clear they don't really care anymore.

Yuuna never loses her transformation in the novel. She fights, defeats some enemies and dies. And Wakaba defeats all the others.

Also the anime didn't even show that Wakaba's Dai Tengu transformation has fire powers. What a letdown when I saw Wakaba wasn't using her fire powers in the anime.

This season has been freaking frustrating. If they couldn't be arsed to properly adapt this novel, they shouldn't have touched it in the first place.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2021-11-20 at 10:20.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 11:52   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I don't have a clue about the timers. This is a more hilariously incoherent running clock than Goku vs Freeza. Someone really should have considered that it wouldn't make any sense for Yuna to run out stupidly earlier than Wakaba. Yuna used her power twice, died, and Wakaba still had a ton of time left to keep fighting beyond what we saw . If they wanted to have timers that's fine. But then either have different starting timers for whatever reason or have the time run faster if excessive power is used.

Well being a hero is hell to be sure in that universe. Either die terribly or live and suffer terribly. I guess we're finally going to tackle Yuna's situation and get to whatever conclusion this show is heading towards. And as always Taisha is shady as can be. So they'll probably have to go against what they want while taking on over the top concepts like gods.

And it would have been funny to end things with taking advantage of that 'same face/same name' loophole .
Old 2021-11-21, 19:18   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It seemed like Old Yuuna was weaker, and was mostly running on determination while Wakaba is much stronger than the them all.

Eh, good episode I guess. Wakaba was pretty cool but they cut out her last fight which was kinda lame. Kinda like what they did with her descendant in Washio Sumi's chapter.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2021-11-21, 20:28   Link #57
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It seemed like Old Yuuna was weaker, and was mostly running on determination while Wakaba is much stronger than the them all.
Wakaba is known as the strongest hero of the old era. She wasn't just a bit stronger than Yuuna but significantly stronger. It's a shame the anime didn't show most of their battles.
Old 2021-11-26, 16:04   Link #58
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

Glad to see Karin get into good terms with Mebu.

Yuna getting married.. looks like the end of the world.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-11-26 at 17:00.
Old 2021-11-26, 21:51   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Karin got a very nice friend in Mebuki who willing to beat up her to get her back on track of what she really needs to do
Old 2021-11-27, 17:02   Link #60
Liddo-kun
is this so?

forgot to say.. it's amazing how even that one taisha priestess was impressed by Mebu speech. She's a good leader.