Born to ship

Spoiler:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 10:54   Link #42
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Finally a climax that makes me happy.
Spoiler for 54:

Honestly I did enjoy this. I'd even say it makes up for the lame cop-out we had previously. I just really hope the author's working this to a close soon, and we don't end up with any more jumps or random screw-ups. This feels like the path to the absolutely best possible ending.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-07-14 at 12:25.
Old 2021-07-14, 11:50   Link #43
Greenish Growth

Chapter 54:

Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 12:24   Link #44
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for moped:

And yeah, this takes place on the day of the cultural festival, when they're actually putting on the play.
Old 2021-07-14, 13:44   Link #45
Greenish Growth

Ah...okay. I remember.

He was the first antagonist. Kind of neat how he showed up there.
Old 2021-07-21, 10:30   Link #46
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Mixed bag this week.
Spoiler for 55:

Looks like we won't be getting any more time jumps, but we're still not to the end yet. Honestly, I think this would've been the perfect place to stop. Here's hoping the author doesn't screw things up down the road.
Old 2021-07-23, 02:10   Link #47
dark44

thanx for the summary i personally well wait to see the end if it is good gonna read it all
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-28, 11:09   Link #48
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 56:

I was worried how things were going to go, but for now I'm liking what we're getting. It's definitely a good move not to try and rush things, even if Taro's concerns are rather unlikely. My favorite thing though is that Nishimori and Mika in this new timeline look way better. I always felt I liked high school Mika better than the future version, but this one is just great, and Nishimori finally figuring out how to slim down is awesome.
Old 2021-08-04, 12:46   Link #49
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Surprising new problem this time...
Spoiler for 57:
Old 2021-08-04, 21:15   Link #50
Greenish Growth

Well, hopefully there's not another Munakuso moment coming up.
Old 2021-08-05, 10:06   Link #51
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing I really like about this time around is just how similar Mika is to her original timeline. At present she's a virgin, but her forwardness, her devotion and love, her joy at just being with him, is the same as the original. This shows that this is her real personality, not something that developed over years of dating all kinds of men or as a result of all kinds of painful experiences. This is just her pure, genuine personality when she's with the man she loves.
Old 2021-08-11, 10:49   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

And things start turning bad again. At least this time it's not a matter of sex.
Spoiler for 58:

I'm glad to see that this time around the main problem doesn't really seem to be centered around sex or stalkers but more mundane things, but it still hurts. Especially since this time the big problem is something I know far too well. I spent multiple years in the exact hell Nishimori's now enduring.
Old 2021-08-18, 12:44   Link #53
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for 59:

There's a lot more realistic potential causes for trouble this time, and more realistic. Things look a bit like they may be coming to a head soon, and while I'd be delighted to find out that the predicted tears are tears of happiness or relief to be followed by a happy end, I could certainly see Tooru pushing too far and ending up dead once more.
Old 2021-08-18, 18:09   Link #54
Greenish Growth

I knew an older guy that immigrated from the Eastern Bloc shortly after they opened up. He was a nuclear scientist that used to work at a nuclear power plant. He was on a waiting list for years and years to get the proper security pass to get a better job. By the time he'd get the pass he'd be close to retirement age so he just took a job working retail at merchandise pickup. He worked with us for3 years and then retired.

Yeah, it's frustrating not being able to get the job you're qualified for.
Old 2021-08-19, 11:39   Link #55
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I knew an older guy that immigrated from the Eastern Bloc shortly after they opened up. He was a nuclear scientist that used to work at a nuclear power plant. He was on a waiting list for years and years to get the proper security pass to get a better job. By the time he'd get the pass he'd be close to retirement age so he just took a job working retail at merchandise pickup. He worked with us for3 years and then retired.

Yeah, it's frustrating not being able to get the job you're qualified for.
Agreed. I've heard people seriously say that hunting for work is pretty high up on the list of hardest, most draining forms of work. I went through it twice myself, and the second time lasted years with no one ever seriously considering me.

Thinking about it though, this too might be the cause of Mika's tears. She's upset to find that not only is there no party but there's absolutely no one home on her birthday, gets huffy, then hears from the hospital that he's in the hospital having collapsed from overwork. As a result, when she finds him okay the relief mixed with everything leading up to that point would bring out the cry scene Taro fears. At least that's what I'm hoping.
Old 2021-08-25, 10:49   Link #56
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Rather liked this one.
Spoiler for 60:

Lately I've been feeling a bit more agency on Mika's part, which I'd previously mentioned was a point that felt kind of lacking. It's definitely a far better continuation than we sometimes get, instead clearly demonstrating just how very much in love they are.
Old 2021-09-01, 10:28   Link #57
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Fun ep, but a weird end...
Spoiler for 61:

Looks like he managed to jump to his "present" now, and didn't even pass out to do it. Hopefully he's not going to need to jump back again.
Old 2021-09-01, 11:27   Link #58
Greenish Growth

So it's probably back to high school then?
Old 2021-09-01, 12:48   Link #59
BWTraveller
Born to ship

At this point I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm really hoping we'll get to spend some time at 30, or even just end it here. I've seen people online reading this comment that the image of Mika's tears in Taro's vision look like tears of joy, so I'm really hoping it'll end up something like her crying at discovering that she's pregnant and then we can have a happy ending. I love the characters, but I don't want to see them put through any more pain.
Old 2021-09-08, 18:54   Link #60
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, this is it. No more time leaps, we have the final chapter this week!
Spoiler for 62:

There's one or two things I would've liked to happen in addition for the end, but I can't deny that I loved this. It's been one heck of a ride, full of all kinds of ups and downs, but this ending at least makes me happy to have read it.

Tags
fat male lead, time travel, virgin