AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-14, 11:44   Link #281
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Yeesh...All that talk about Kaede's getting me a little nervous. I believe it would make sense that since Yorito's obsession on the sky might actually occupy the greater part of his mind that he couldn't care less what he ate, Mana would step in.

The only problem is what relation she has with Yorito other than being a friend at school. Childhood playmates? Neighbours? Hopefully we can get to know more about this somehow.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 11:47   Link #282
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Initially it seems like it does, but it doesn't make sense since...

Spoiler:
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 11:52   Link #283
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think we're seeing some *Really* early over-labeling and over-tagging by some posters .... just because a longtime family friend has you staying over and cooking for you doesn't translate into moe-psycho-thriller.

People just need to talk less and watch more, let the show unfold a bit since we're actually getting to see something without prior contamination from other source material

Discuss what *is* happening instead of comparing it to elements of other shows (that comes later ).
Old 2007-04-14, 12:34   Link #284
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Shuffle was from Navel. This is from a writer for Key. No Kaedes in Kanon. Just a Nayuki. If you want to make comparisons, so far, Matsuri is a new variation on the Ayu/Makoto situation, with some Hazuki and Petoko thrown in.

And I want to put in a word for Aono. I think she's so far a really good version of the type, with something added. I like her quiet combination of dere, tsun, and kawaisou. And I like the fact she's the elder sister. The way she and Yorito interact kind of moves me:
Spoiler for Aono-Yorito eps1-2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-14 at 12:46.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 14:11   Link #285
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I think that Aono and Mana needs to cut Yorito some slack...

Spoiler:

I think that Matsuri has more Arcueid and less Hazuki in her in that she is more mature, independent, head strong and has some defensive and probably offensive capabilities. She also seems to desire companionship and yet knows that it will lead to heartbreak in the end. Matsuri and Yorito are starting to remind me of Arcueid and Shiki more in ep. 2.
Old 2007-04-14, 14:18   Link #286
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for Aono-Yorito eps1-2:
The above reference, is it from episode 1 or 2? I remember from episode 2:

Spoiler for episode 2:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 14:34   Link #287
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

And I am giving my thanks to Omni for blogging this title. The beginning to sola did not dissapoint me. As I suspected from a first glance at the characters' designs, the anime most likely was adapted from the game of the same title.
No, it is not being adapted from anything - it is a "fresh" work. There is a game being made, but that has nothing to do with the anime. And it is definitely going to be one of it's strengths - no need to do the "path" merging or anything - they can give each and every character whatever amount of screentime they want, and can move them to support character roles instead of main ones, without "shafting" them.

And i definitely agree with Skane - the amount of psycho-moe vibes from Mana are non existent. She doesn't seem to be in love with the guy in the first place. If anything, Yorito getting a girlfriend (aka Matsuri) would affect his relationship with Aono more than Mana.
Old 2007-04-14, 14:51   Link #288
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The above reference, is it from episode 1 or 2?
I was talking about half-understood and half-remembered bits from both episodes. Your further detail makes me feel even more how nice the relationship is between the siblings.

And orion is right that there is a lot of Arcueid there, in the hints of maturity.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 20:14   Link #289
wontaek

Although it will likely be source of problem in the future problem, I can symphathize with Aono desiring Yoriko's attention. She seems to have been more or less trapped in that small room in hospital for long time, and her sensitivity to sunlight would probably mean she can't move about within the hospital during daytime. She probably won't be having much interaction with other people and her loneliness may lead to her seeking people's attention. There might be some frustrations bottled up within her.

I am wondering what is the big deal between Mana insisting Koyori call her 'elder sister' and Koyori keep forgetting this. This usually is a hint that one of their parent married a parent of the other, and there may be some serious issues within them and between them as well.

Finally good point about Mana being more involved with Aono compared to Yorito.
Old 2007-04-14, 21:00   Link #290
kct

And there is this thing about Yorito being 'the only remaining family that Aono have', something Mana was pressing into his mind all the time.
Old 2007-04-14, 21:05   Link #291
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
And there is this thing about Yorito being 'the only remaining family that Aono have', something Mana was pressing into his mind all the time.
What are the odds that a vampire killed their parents?
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 21:39   Link #292
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yorito is a teen after all and we don't know how long Aono's been in the hospital. I don't expect him to be hanging around her that much now that Matsuri is in the house.

Plus, how sick is she really? No IVs. Not in isolation. Taking medicine and food by mouth. Technically, no reason to be in the hospital has been shown yet.
Old 2007-04-14, 21:43   Link #293
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
What are the odds that a vampire killed their parents?
I vote car accident.

Seriously, it's one of the basic tenets of Anime Law. If you ever sire a progeny who even remotely looks like he/she might star in an anime leading role, start writing up your final will. YOU WILL DIE. The only way to prevent this is to take an overseas business trip INDEFINITELY or undergo plastic surgery to be a MILF.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 23:19   Link #294
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Seriously, it's one of the basic tenets of Anime Law. If you ever sire a progeny who even remotely looks like he/she might star in an anime leading role, start writing up your final will. YOU WILL DIE. The only way to prevent this is to take an overseas business trip INDEFINITELY or undergo plastic surgery to be a MILF.

The best hypothesis to date this thread has seen in my humble opinion. Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek
She seems to have been more or less trapped in that small room in hospital for long time, and her sensitivity to sunlight would probably mean she can't move about within the hospital during daytime. She probably won't be having much interaction with other people and her loneliness may lead to her seeking people's attention. There might be some frustrations bottled up within her.
I agree with the assessment. We don't know yet why exactly she is in the hospital, but for Aono not wanting the blinds up probably indicates of some incident from the past that has left some kind of psychological scar. That also raises the question why exactly Yorito is so obsessed with taking picture of the sky?? Then again, Aono can always be a vampire. I'm most definitely not taking any jabs below the belt by the way.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:33   Link #295
kct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
to be a MILF.
Akiko almost got into a car accident ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
We don't know yet why exactly she is in the hospital, but for Aono not wanting the blinds up probably indicates of some incident from the past that has left some kind of psychological scar.
Probably along the lines of something she saw in broad daylight? It would take more than just a small incident to leave a big impact on her.
Old 2007-04-14, 23:41   Link #296
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Red eyes indicate albinism, which also causes vulnerability to UV. But does not require hospitalization. No, I think the secret is something we DON'T see - her lower body. Maybe it's missing?
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:43   Link #297
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yorito is a teen after all and we don't know how long Aono's been in the hospital. I don't expect him to be hanging around her that much now that Matsuri is in the house.

Plus, how sick is she really? No IVs. Not in isolation. Taking medicine and food by mouth. Technically, no reason to be in the hospital has been shown yet.
Spoiler for Kana: Imouto, Hantsuki, Kanon, and Narcissu:

Ascaloth's observation: In anime, just because a bishoujo doesn't have IVs stuck in her, is not isolated, and/or takes her medicine and food by mouth, doesn't mean she is not sickly and/or going to die. Just being associated with the hospital is enough to doom her.

P.S. When are the Lunar subs coming out?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:59   Link #298
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Akiko almost got into a car accident ^^. ~
And she survived with nary a scar. See? Her MILF-powers saved her.

Natch.
Old 2007-04-15, 00:07   Link #299
Boukenxha

Watched ep 2...

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
EDIT: On another note, I think I read somewhere that there is a manga being released concurrently? Is that true?

If so, is a Chinese scanlation out for it already?

If so, then I'll like to take a crack at it.
Yeah the manga has been scanslated in chinese, though only 3 chapters are available. It's at the usual place where you find chinese-subbed anime/manga torrents but like always there's no more seeds within a few days... as it's been now a couple of weeks already.

Btw, I did a google search and found Matsuri's umbrella... nice!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 00:07   Link #300
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Wow, this pushed all my buttons in its second episode.

I've really never been a fan of Noto Mamiko, but lately her voice's been growing on me--and now it has sprouted like a goddamn flower. Nice, nice, NICE voice acting, Mamiko, I now understand why you have so many fans.

I'm really not in the mood to browse through the 7 pages of this I haven't read yet (and given the high level of speculation there seems to be on this, something that starts to tire me after a while), but has anyone mentioned the excellent music yet? The last played piano track of episode 2 was like an orgasm of harmony and beauty to my ears.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural