AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-16, 21:56   Link #21
Frontier

Well's awkward attempts to get closer to his class was so endearing and relatable. It's just too bad his class had a terrible read on his character .

This episode was half about well and half about his future party, as we meet Erwin and the first two girls Lina and Louise. So far they seem set to be a fun and likeable enough group to watch, and the girls are fairly attractive to boot, though I'm wondering if Lina and Louise will start falling hard for Well soon ?

I...guess points to whatever class system this setting abides by that Lina and Louise were ruled out of inheriting for being second-born instead of for their gender ?

It was nice seeing our main characters dressed in fancy wear, especially the girls .

Well does a simple delivery job and he already ends up with a mansion and wealth far beyond he could have ever dreamed of from his family's living situation .

I wonder if we'll get the last two girls in the next episode? Got to complete that Harem .
Old 2020-04-17, 12:46   Link #22
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

This is the series Kenja no Mago wishes it could be.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 17:00   Link #23
Manic
real men love pink

i remember seeing this anime announced so i checked into the manga to see how id like it. Manga was enjoyable, but by doing that its making me not care for the anime. Its sooooo different its jarring. Theyve really changed alot. I hope it gets back on track cus its looking like this is going to be more AO content more than anything
Old 2020-04-23, 14:40   Link #24
leongsh
Daijoubu!

After watching Episode 4, this feels like they have cut out a lot of material as it just zooms through the scenarios. The jump from inheriting his master's property to going to the capital to attend Erich's wedding. There appears to be a big gap there.

The appearance at court feels like Well was railroaded into a noble title and one immediately higher than his father's. Branstag should have done better for Well by accompanying him to the court rather than abandoning him to the wolves in the court. Then we have the clergy, the military and the kingdom's treasurer all trying to curry favour with Well. Not to mention, Branstag's merchant friend, Aruterio, doing so as well by getting him the rice yeast that he is looking for.

I wonder whether Well's father and eldest brother are also using this opportunity to use Well to cough up the wedding gift. Or more like they are making it uncomfortable for Erich who appears to be marrying into an equivalent noble level - to be the heir of a knightdom.

It really feels like there should be more material detailing all this. Novel/manga readers, if you can share simple spoiler-free answer to how much material was cut just to cover the ground for this episode?
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 15:31   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
It really feels like there should be more material detailing all this. Novel/manga readers, if you can share simple spoiler-free answer to how much material was cut just to cover the ground for this episode?
In the manga: Housewarming with the rest of his party (complete with bath scenes and lucky sukebe), date with Louise, miso and soy sauce making.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 15:47   Link #26
Huh...?

If i remember right, MC invitating his friends to live with him was also skipped, right?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 16:07   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
If i remember right, MC invitating his friends to live with him was also skipped, right?
Not in the manga.
Old 2020-04-23, 21:43   Link #28
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
After watching Episode 4, this feels like they have cut out a lot of material as it just zooms through the scenarios. The jump from inheriting his master's property to going to the capital to attend Erich's wedding. There appears to be a big gap there.
Yep, the jump from Well sitting at his new house and then suddenly they're on a flying ship was indeed jarring.

Hohenheim appears again, though from what I know that name has only been used once before, I could be wrong

I was thinking he was looking for rice, but what he was really after was .. miso.

I have no idea how much was changed from the source material, but I'm better off not knowing I guess This is a fine series for me at the moment.
Old 2020-04-23, 22:33   Link #29
Frontier

I thought this was a relatively normal medieval fantasy world, but they've got airships too .

Branstag seems like the kind of mentor who'll leave the tough work for you but will pitch in when it counts .

Nothing ruins a flight more then giant CGI skeletons .

I like how Louise probably looks like she's the fighter tomboy of the group but is also the one who seems the most into dresses and looking fancy. Sometimes a bit too fancy .

It seems like being a noble is a hassle whether you're rich or poor. I don't think nobility fit quite to the ideal Well expected it too .

Best bro Erich! And he's marrying a cutie! That's great .

Man, the Baumeister's are cheap. Not even sending a wedding present to best bro Erich .

I love how Kurt probably had to have his wife right a letter for him. What a joke

Why is Er the one who gets stuck with most of the chores? Sometimes it doesn't pay to be the best bro in a Harem Isekai .

I can think of another reason why Well would be a popular bachelor...he can cook .

I'm kind of surprised we got to the blonde-haired priest girl before the pink-haired axe girl. Looks like the head priest is setting her up to marry Well as a political move, but I'm guessing Well will end up freeing her from her grandfather's control. And make her fall for him anyways, but that's just how these stories go .
Old 2020-04-27, 21:09   Link #30
VTHokiePride

I know this is probably going to turn into a harem but I hope I'm not the only one shipping Iina and Well
Old 2020-04-29, 13:51   Link #31
Itlandm
Porcupine

Watched to Episode 4. This is my favorite Crunchyroll show this season, so far. That's kind of sad for Crunchyroll, but on the other hand I really enjoyed the relaxed daydream of a story. A worthy successor to Smartphone and Deathmarch, and so far arguably more family-friendly.

I like how his "harem" seems to be just friends, even if there are more girls than boys. So far (up until the final line of Ep 4 at least) there seems to not be any erotic tension at all between the MC and any of the characters. Maybe that will change, but it is kind of refreshing to run this far without it.

The series is spot on about minor nobles being poor and having to pretend to be rich. This was a very real problem in the real world, and I suspect reading about it may have inspired this story in the first place. But with the MC becoming hideously overpowered already in Ep 1, his problems becomes kind of (involuntary?) comical, kind of like billionaires saying "You know, the recession has been hard for us too". I think the best example so far was when he became recognized by the king as a national hero, and was disappointed that he couldn't go shopping because of the fans.

All in all a funny and heartwarming fluff story that I can watch before bedtime. Glad I found it.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-30, 17:05   Link #32
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

You know what they say, it isn't a traditional marriage if it doesn't secure political alliances between medieval nobles

Elise doesn't have much of a personality at the moment, but looking back at the first scenes of episode 1 and the OP I'd think that could change before the end, considering how .. lively the two other members of the harem party shown so far are.

Makes me wonder where the last member will come from.

Last edited by frodonk; 2020-04-30 at 17:47.
Old 2020-04-30, 17:27   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wow. What a natural development. Those dialogues just flowed.
Old 2020-04-30, 18:20   Link #34
Frontier

Nothing says "Main Heroine" or "top girl in the Harem" quite like getting legitimately engaged .

Elise is just 12!? Girls developing well at a young age isn't out of the norm for anime, but that was a bit of a shock .

Poor Well wanting a normal romantic relationship development and not the fast and business-like approach of the era he's living in. At least it seems to have worked out for Best Bro Erich .

I hope Spear Dude continues to be a recurring character even now that Erwin has just casually been made Well's retainer .

So I guess the Harem dynamic is Elise as the "legal wife" while the other girls are aiming to be concubines or secondary wives. And it's not so much because they actually want to be with Well but because it offers them a better chance at recognition and success, not to mention making sure they're not serving under Erwin. I guess I can't fault them for such a practical reason for it (even if it's kind of a kooky plan), and they haven't really built up to either having feelings for Well, but I kind of wish there was more love going into it .

I love how Louise has a leopard-print dress with fishnets and heels and her idea of seducing Well is...a funky dance. Can she officially be Best Girl now ?

Louise invents leopard-print bikini's! I'm only disappointed we didn't get to see either her and Lina wearing them .

I'm getting the sense that Elise hasn't been raised to voice her own opinions and thoughts and just go along with whatever her grandfather sets out for her with nothing but a smile and a positive attitude. She even assumed that Well only got the ring for her because it could be useful and not as an actual gift, so she might be more used to being seen as a tool then as an actual girl. Well actually treating her like a normal girl seems set to lead her to genuinely falling for him .
Old 2020-04-30, 21:11   Link #35
Itlandm
Porcupine

For being such a lighthearted story, this is kind of the most bittersweet or subtly tragic harem I've seen in this type of stories. Elise is basically being sold by her grandfather (I wonder what happened to her parents) and the two others are seeking to become his concubines in order to secure their position in the world. It is like the idea of romantic love is not only unobtainable but simply unknown.

One can only hope that our young Japanese friend will be able to introduce the idea of love in his new world, but it didn't seem like he had much personal experience with it even back in his previous life.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-30, 22:09   Link #36
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
For being such a lighthearted story, this is kind of the most bittersweet or subtly tragic harem I've seen in this type of stories. Elise is basically being sold by her grandfather (I wonder what happened to her parents) and the two others are seeking to become his concubines in order to secure their position in the world. It is like the idea of romantic love is not only unobtainable but simply unknown.

One can only hope that our young Japanese friend will be able to introduce the idea of love in his new world, but it didn't seem like he had much personal experience with it even back in his previous life.
Or at least help the girls realize they can have fulfilling and successful lives without selling themselves into a loveless marriage/relationship...which might also make them actually fall for him, as these stories are wont to go .
Old 2020-04-30, 22:38   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post

I wouldn't say romantic love is viewed as "unobtainable". More like "secondary". Falling in love with the person(s) you're married to and producing heirs with is nice, and something to hope for, but loses out to political necessities. This's part of the reason it was so popular in medieval fiction to have stories of tragic, unobtainable love, with a young man serenading a married woman or fighting for her honor. The nobles didn't marry for love and so if they didn't get lucky they'd have to seek love somewhere else, even as they knew it wasn't something they could openly or morally pursue.

As for age, I'm not so shocked since I already knew the others are 12 (it was mentioned earlier I believe). Iina's pretty well developed as well.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-30, 23:03   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
As for age, I'm not so shocked since I already knew the others are 12 (it was mentioned earlier I believe). Iina's pretty well developed as well.
I thought everyone was in their late teens like Well. Louise is the only one who could probably pass for a 12-year old .
Old 2020-05-01, 01:16   Link #39
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought everyone was in their late teens like Well. Louise is the only one who could probably pass for a 12-year old .
They should be the same age as Well. But then I thought Well himself was 12.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 05:29   Link #40
arkhangelsk

Having watched 5 episodes, I have to say this thing really isn't selling the light novel. Based on the anime, the story quickly abandons all real pretense of making the protagonist work for his win within maybe the 1st episode.

By episode 3, he is ridiculously superior. Frankly, the allocation ratio seems worse than Cheat Magician and I have to wonder if people can take this why Arifureta took so much flak. At least Nagumo was a little bit ungeneric and had real traits than being a Nice Guy, and better yet the allocations to his companions were ridiculously superior.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote