Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Will he leave and train by himself?
Let see what the next volume say about that
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 07:16   Link #6022
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Again... It's not that kind of series. It's a harem series. It's about the girls, Ichika is just the vehicle. And besides, from what we've seen of his character, Ichika isn't that kind of character. He's kind and sweet and his biggest desire is to protect those he cares about - primarily, Chifuyu and Houki, though in some form or another, all of the harem. Look at the amount of times he's thrown himself in harms way for them. In fact, for most of them, it was either how they met, or why they became attracted to him in the first place. He certainly won't be abandoning the seven of them even if he does leave.
Regarding Chifuyu, I can see him ignoring Squall's warning entirely because of how much he trusts Chifuyu, which'll almost certainly bite him in the ass at some point. But who knows, for all we know, Squall could mean that Chifuyu was an ex-member, who is entirely good now, or the complete opposite. We just don't know what she means.
We could very easily have another volume 9 on our hands for volume 11, whenever it's actually announced. Of course, hopefully, Izuru takes this opportunity to actually get the plot going, but, knowing him, that's incredibly unlikely.
I mean, I'm just trying to be realistic, in any other type of series, by any other author, Ichika leaving would be a logical guess. But Harem series thrive off the girls. They draw in buyers by how cute their heroines are. That's why you get dakimakura and statues and the like. Infinite Stratos is only as popular as it is, especially in Japan, because of it's cute girls - Chifuyu included - and cutting them out, even for a little while, would greatly harm his sales and reputation.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 16:47   Link #6023
lovetospoon73

U maybe right about squall just saying that so ichika will start having 2nd thoughts about trusting his sister; than again chifuyu did kept madoka a secret from him, even if it was to keep her brother safe; come to think about it there only 2 people That might know why ichika can pilot a IS unit: chifuyu & tabane; who knows what other secrets chifuyu is keeping?
Old 2015-11-02, 17:12   Link #6024
cyberdemon

Quote:
If, as its been implied, Ichika is a clone of Chifuyu, then she IS his parent. As for Chifuyu's own parents... That's a different story.
I've always thought Ichika was created in a lab using Chifuyu's eggs while Madoka was the clone attempt.
Old 2015-11-02, 20:19   Link #6025
lovetospoon73

It's been implied; but that's just an hypothesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I've always thought Ichika was created in a lab using Chifuyu's eggs while Madoka was the clone attempt.

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-11-03 at 06:43.
Old 2015-11-03, 11:10   Link #6026
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Again... It's not that kind of series. It's a harem series. It's about the girls, Ichika is just the vehicle. And besides, from what we've seen of his character, Ichika isn't that kind of character. He's kind and sweet and his biggest desire is to protect those he cares about - primarily, Chifuyu and Houki, though in some form or another, all of the harem. Look at the amount of times he's thrown himself in harms way for them. In fact, for most of them, it was either how they met, or why they became attracted to him in the first place. He certainly won't be abandoning the seven of them even if he does leave.
Regarding Chifuyu, I can see him ignoring Squall's warning entirely because of how much he trusts Chifuyu, which'll almost certainly bite him in the ass at some point. But who knows, for all we know, Squall could mean that Chifuyu was an ex-member, who is entirely good now, or the complete opposite. We just don't know what she means.
We could very easily have another volume 9 on our hands for volume 11, whenever it's actually announced. Of course, hopefully, Izuru takes this opportunity to actually get the plot going, but, knowing him, that's incredibly unlikely.
I mean, I'm just trying to be realistic, in any other type of series, by any other author, Ichika leaving would be a logical guess. But Harem series thrive off the girls. They draw in buyers by how cute their heroines are. That's why you get dakimakura and statues and the like. Infinite Stratos is only as popular as it is, especially in Japan, because of it's cute girls - Chifuyu included - and cutting them out, even for a little while, would greatly harm his sales and reputation.
Yes. We can't deny that Ichika's a kind-hearted and unselfish boy. In fact, he always put his attention in the need of others ahead of his own. You're right about Infinite Stratos being a harem series. Just as its supposed to be. The kindness and selflessness of Chifuyu's younger brother were the reasons why girls falls for him. I wish that volume 9 of the light novel would just finished it already in order to acknowledge of what happen after volume eight. If what you're saying is true, then Squall trying to manipulate Ichika into not trusting his sister. I knew that the Phantom Task were not to be trusted.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 13:12   Link #6027
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Volume 9 has nothing to do with Volume 8, sadly. It really is just complete harem fluff, other than one minor subplot at the very end of the novel which deals with Tatenashi and Iris Calling.
Old 2015-11-03, 16:57   Link #6028
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Yes. We can't deny that Ichika's a kind-hearted and unselfish boy. In fact, he always put his attention in the need of others ahead of his own. You're right about Infinite Stratos being a harem series. Just as its supposed to be. The kindness and selflessness of Chifuyu's younger brother were the reasons why girls falls for him. I wish that volume 9 of the light novel would just finished it already in order to acknowledge of what happen after volume eight. If what you're saying is true, then Squall trying to manipulate Ichika into not trusting his sister. I knew that the Phantom Task were not to be trusted.
here's the summary of V9 but its in chinese

Quote:
Volume 9 has nothing to do with Volume 8, sadly. It really is just complete harem fluff, other than one minor subplot at the very end of the novel which deals with Tatenashi and Iris Calling.
in V10 since its claimed that the academy is more evil, does that mean there will be a rebellion at ISA?
Old 2015-11-03, 22:07   Link #6029
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

It really says that the ISA is evil and/or corrupt?
If it says that, then yeah, I'd assume that Izuru is probably setting up an arc where the harem and Ichika, most likely with aid from Chifuyu and Maya, take on the board of directors, or something.

It might not mean that exactly though. It could be conjecture, or it be taken out of context, or it could just be an overreaction to Squall's warning.
Old 2015-11-03, 22:36   Link #6030
Router25
World Connector. I think

Oh, it's that "who's wrong and who's right" type of plot.
I wonder how it will be revealed?
Old 2015-11-04, 00:20   Link #6031
lovetospoon73

Quote:
It really says that the ISA is evil and/or corrupt?
If it says that, then yeah, I'd assume that Izuru is probably setting up an arc where the harem and Ichika, most likely with aid from Chifuyu and Maya, take on the board of directors, or something.

It might not mean that exactly though. It could be conjecture, or it be taken out of context, or it could just be an overreaction to Squall's warning.
aren't the board of director's r chifuyu's & maya's bosses?
Old 2015-11-04, 06:35   Link #6032
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Yeah, but that doesn't mean they know what's going on. Chifuyu would definitely choose her brother over her bosses any day.
Old 2015-11-04, 06:55   Link #6033
lovetospoon73

True, but if chifuyu quit or get fired from ISA(other than the fact everyone is afrid of her), while her brother is still a student = the government can legally take ichika away from her & see what make him be able to pilot an IS unit, & then using that knowledge make more & more guys be able to pilot IS units.

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-11-04 at 07:07.
Old 2015-11-04, 07:48   Link #6034
Oslight
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
True, but if chifuyu quit or get fired from ISA(other than the fact everyone is afrid of her), while her brother is still a student = the government can legally take ichika away from her & see what make him be able to pilot an IS unit, & then using that knowledge make more & more guys be able to pilot IS units.
Nope.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Also, it doesn't say that the academy is evil.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 09:16   Link #6035
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Ah, thanks for the clarification there, I doubted it actually said that.
Plus, Ichika's the only guy who can control an IS probably BECAUSE of his connection to Chifuyu... Whatever exactly that connection is. We'll likely never see another guy who can.
Old 2015-11-04, 17:03   Link #6036
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Plus, Ichika's the only guy who can control an IS probably BECAUSE of his connection to Chifuyu... Whatever exactly that connection is. We'll likely never see another guy who can.
Okay since it was in Chinese I used google translate, I deserve that one; what about Daryl, she was a double agent

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-11-04 at 18:11.
Old 2015-11-04, 18:14   Link #6037
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

The whole school won't rebel because of one student being a double agent.
Old 2015-11-04, 18:55   Link #6038
lovetospoon73

Quote:
The whole school won't rebel because of one student being a double agent.
i didn't say that!!!, i mention the double agent thing, to show onslight that it won't stop countries/orginizations from using their IS pilots to get dirt; plus if the school would hav a rebellion, 1 of the reasons would be that ichika was leaving the academy, to train somewhere else,the fact that they been lied to or the upper ranks (in my opinion r either on p.t members or just complete bastards, while there's very few good ones) of ISA decided to quadruple their training, to a point where they have little to no free time, since now that they have 2 traitors now; also invade the privacy of the students, to see if there's any more phantom task double agents posing as students now

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-11-04 at 20:43.
Old 2015-11-06, 22:06   Link #6039
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Ah, sorry for putting words in your mouth there.

But... Once again, you're characterising the light novel far too darkly. That just isn't Izuru's style. What will the next volume deal with? Anything from Phantom Task to just more harem bullshit.
Old 2015-11-10, 00:14   Link #6040
cyberdemon

Quote:
Maybe if he had any sons they could... That is if he figures out how to take the shrink wrap off his man parts and learns to use them as a guy in a harem is intended to use them. lol

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen