AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-06, 22:55   Link #21
Yamada II

Episode 1, 2

Well this was pretty generic. There was some stupidity which was supposed to be funny but instead felt incredibly stupid. Then there's Fuuka who's weird in many ways. Not the fun kind of weird though. And Yuu is kinda lame. And that blonde dude was gay lol. Didn't see that coming. Yuu has nothing to fear from that guy. He isn't going to be stealing any of his girls. Tama-chan was kinda okayish. I didn't quite find the animation and character designs that good, but the backgrounds and the overall use of colors were nice. And there sure was a lot of random fanservice. I mean, his sisters were half-naked just for the sake of it.

Not really sold on this show. Not even sure if I want to go any further with this. But I probably won't be missing out on much if I drop this here.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 23:29   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

On one hand, I finally see Koyuki animated. On the other, it's Hayamin who's voicing her. Like I get it, she's probably the best A tier actress that can actually carry a tune, but still, her voice is very distinct and it's hard for me to separate her other roles (particularly one) from this series.

Man, if the show just wasn't named Fuuka... Goddamit, this is like Suzuka again.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 23:29   Link #23
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Lol...Krispy Kreme got copied in this anime. And wow, I never thought there'd be a sequel of sorts to Suzuka (I don't read manga, and only have time to watch anime).Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 23:31   Link #24
Darthtabby

Episodes 1 and 2:

My impression of this one generally improved as it went along and Fuuka softened a bit. The start with her treating the male lead like a perv was kind of cliche and annoying.

Its cool that the show has a gay character, but I would have preferred it if he wasn't seemingly the only significant male character besides the lead. That just gives things a cheap harem vibe.

Also I've found the "sister who doesn't care about modesty when she's at home" gag funny in another show, but here it was pretty blatantly being played for fan service.

I second Triple R on the prominence of cell phones being a nice touch that helps the show seem a bit more real.

Overall I find this one a bit of a mixed bag. There are things I liked about it and things I don't like, but overall I found it a reasonably pleasant watch, so I think I'll give it a chance.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 06:15   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1+2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 06:39   Link #26
IceHism

Some how the MC can't even talk to his best friend from childhood without being awkward. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This guy is literally making me stop suspending disbelief.

Everyone else in the cast is good though so far. But the MC just kills me with how really awkward he is.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 07:28   Link #27
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Some how the MC can't even talk to his best friend from childhood without being awkward. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This guy is literally making me stop suspending disbelief.

Everyone else in the cast is good though so far. But the MC just kills me with how really awkward he is.
Well, the MC hasn't seen his childhood best friend for awhile, and she's become a big celebrity in the interim. He probably put too much weight on the celebrity thing, but I can understand why he did.

His verbal conversations with Koyuki are kinda awkward, but his purely text-based conversations with her flow a bit better and seem Ok to me. This seems to reflect his personality in general - He's more comfortable conversing through his cell-phone than he is through spoken conversation.
Old 2017-01-07, 08:22   Link #28
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, the MC hasn't seen his childhood best friend for awhile, and she's become a big celebrity in the interim. He probably put too much weight on the celebrity thing, but I can understand why he did.

His verbal conversations with Koyuki are kinda awkward, but his purely text-based conversations with her flow a bit better and seem Ok to me. This seems to reflect his personality in general - He's more comfortable conversing through his cell-phone than he is through spoken conversation.
I don't really. If he was friends for years, I expect him to treat her as such like old time's sake and maybe even tease her becoming a big celebrity. They don't act too familiar with each other despite the story just telling me they were.

I expect he could at least speak out his mind pretty quickly if he is good enough to come up with 140 character messages in a very short time instead of beating around in the bush and assuming things. Just look at his conversations with fuuka in the first few days. Some awkwardness is inevitable but I find it hard to believe that he Just got pushed around like that in the Convo.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 10:44   Link #29
Flo
The Necessary Evil

So how long before we go full SEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 14:45   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Well, he did write the lyrics for the OP, so we did get some of him already.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2017-01-07, 16:02   Link #31
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I feel bad for the poor souls that started to like this thanks to the anime. May the force be with them.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 17:12   Link #32
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I'm glad that they quickly had Fuuka move out of her tsundere bitch mode rather than have it be a completely regular thing, so now I'm actually hard-pressed on deciding who to root for between her and Koyuki.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 18:52   Link #33
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I'm glad that they quickly had Fuuka move out of her tsundere bitch mode rather than have it be a completely regular thing, so now I'm actually hard-pressed on deciding who to root for between her and Koyuki.
This. Things really did improve as Fuuka lightened up and lost the bitchy attitude. Both girls seem pretty likable now, so not being pick one is understandable.
Old 2017-01-07, 19:59   Link #34
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i thought their date was adorable. the handholding was especially funny. they cut out a lot of character development, but that's expected when you're not getting an AAA adaptation. either way, i'm enjoying the show so far. i'm looking forward to finally hearing the music they play.

i'm also going to reread half and half now. i really wish they'd make a 3 ep OVA of it or something.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 02:37   Link #35
Boukenxha

So, the Suzuka connection brought me here, just caught the first 2 eps..

Agree as Triple_R said, the cellphone habits of the MC are a nice reflection of modern can't live withouts, interestingly Fuuka doesn't carry one so I guess they still can play the ever classic trope of two romantic leads missing each other in a crowded place.

And so Fuuka suddenly have a goal now, when it was kinda obvious that's where she's heading as soon as she starts singing, but no matter as I just hope we'll get to hear more nice insert songs from this series.

Last but not least... Hayamin! Hayamin!

Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 06:10   Link #36
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episodes 1 and 2:
Wow, Fuuka Akitsuki inherited her parents' athletic talents and it's nice to see both Suzuka and Yamato doing well! Still, it would be better if Fuuka has a cellphone...

On the other hand, I wonder if Yuu Haruna can still play the bass guitar? Although he gave Koyuki Hinashi the reason to follow her dreams, I feel that Yuu-kun has time to improve on playing the bass. BTW, what happened to his phone after Fuuka slam it to the ground?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 08:01   Link #37
Psyco Diver

I'm getting a White Album 2 vibe here already lol
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 13:38   Link #38
MgMaster

I haven't started reading the manga and had mixed feelings about his last work, Kimi no Iru Rage(the manga, god forbid we mention the anime) but it was entertaining enough in it's own way and liked it for the most part ~ guess that's how Seo's works go. You know it's gonna be cringey, but once you get into it you're hooked enough to see it through anyway and eventually get attached to it, at least that was my experience.

Maybe I'll finally be interesting in reading Fuuka after the anime ends now. Anyway, just get me to the SEEOOOOOOOOOO!!! part already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I'm getting a White Album 2 vibe here already lol
Knowing the author of Fuuka, you shouldn't expect anything near that quality
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 15:27   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

We'll probably have to wait several weeks before Seo Seos. It's too long to wait in sarcastic anticipation.

Old 2017-01-08, 16:48   Link #40
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
I haven't started reading the manga and had mixed feelings about his last work, Kimi no Iru Rage(the manga, god forbid we mention the anime) but it was entertaining enough in it's own way and liked it for the most part ~ guess that's how Seo's works go. You know it's gonna be cringey, but once you get into it you're hooked enough to see it through anyway and eventually get attached to it, at least that was my experience.
That's precisely the reasons I don't wanna read the manga... I know I'm going to want to keep reading and then I'll be Seoed
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"suzuka sequel"