AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-01-20, 05:08   Link #341
Zefyris
図書館狼

That would be Mary Sue.
She the daughter of one of the soldier you saw in episode 2 (the leader of the norden mages company ).
Old 2017-01-20, 08:14   Link #342
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
That would be Mary Sue.
She the daughter of one of the soldier you saw in episode 2 (the leader of the norden mages company ).
Now there's an ill-omened name.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 09:08   Link #343
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

^^ That picture already shows it perfectly, but Mary Sue has the habit of prioritizing personal feelings over orders, which makes her capitain think she is a handful. BTW, in the manga (I don't remember in the anime or LN) her dad jokes around in his debut that he should have maybe grabbed his daughter and made a run to another country, lampshading what will happen to him in the future for not doing so.

BTW, I tried to read in jwiki what's Erya fate later (she's Visha's trainee pal), but I couldn't find anything about it. I guess that's what I get for being interested in a minor character?
Old 2017-01-20, 11:24   Link #344
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
That would be Mary Sue.
I'm guessing she's after Tanya, huh?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 11:34   Link #345
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm guessing she's after Tanya, huh?
Spoiler for volume 2 or 3:

So yes.
Old 2017-01-20, 12:44   Link #346
J4n1

I may be just imagining it, but is Tanya getting taller over the series (based on pictures)?
Not by much, but, she seems to go from tiny girl to a short woman from book 2 to 7.
May just be me imagining it.
Old 2017-01-20, 13:04   Link #347
nijok

is tanya still having orb type 95 at vol 7?
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 15:11   Link #348
Cancel

Some higher quality pictures for you guys.
Cancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 16:12   Link #349
kari-no-sugata II

I forgot to check for updates to the manga over Christmas... finally found the December release today.

LN1 ended with the invasion from Dacia. So the December release of the manga covers the start of LN2 I presume. I had originally expected LN2 as a whole to deal with Dacia... but it seems they'll be the first demonstration of how having out-dated military strategies is fatal in the new area of mage squadrons.

LOL, Tanya-chan is so hyper for her birthday present
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 16:53   Link #350
Kirosh

Quote:
Spoiler for volume 2 or 3:

So yes.

So Is the psycho the "Antagonist" ? The one that Tanya will have to defeat ? or is she already dead in the later volume ?
Kirosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 20:13   Link #351
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirosh View Post
So Is the psycho the "Antagonist" ? The one that Tanya will have to defeat ? or is she already dead in the later volume ?
Spoiler for Tanya vs Mary:
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 21:18   Link #352
bakato

How old is Mary?
Old 2017-01-21, 05:28   Link #353
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Probably too old for my taste :^)
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 10:25   Link #354
J4n1

Episode 3:
Spoiler:
Old 2017-01-21, 10:43   Link #355
Panda-Dragon

Would anybody be interested in doing quick spoiler summaries for the light novels? Would love to read them regularly, but I don't have the time nor resources to do so anymore.
Panda-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 10:46   Link #356
James Rye

Does Tanya "change" in her character? I mean, this got 7 LNs so far and I know she got promoted a lot, had lots of success at the front and the likes. But is she still the egocentric, looking at other humans as resources and competition or does she start to care for those under her in different ways than just wanting to keep them loyal or stay in good favors in case of them becoming upper Elites in the future? Like for example, she gave that female corporal a recommendation for officer school, but she did so because that will make her look like a caring officer not because she cares or trusts a lot in the corporals abilities. Did something like that change in future LNs?
Old 2017-01-21, 15:25   Link #357
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Does Tanya "change" in her character? I mean, this got 7 LNs so far and I know she got promoted a lot, had lots of success at the front and the likes. But is she still the egocentric, looking at other humans as resources and competition or does she start to care for those under her in different ways than just wanting to keep them loyal or stay in good favors in case of them becoming upper Elites in the future? Like for example, she gave that female corporal a recommendation for officer school, but she did so because that will make her look like a caring officer not because she cares or trusts a lot in the corporals abilities. Did something like that change in future LNs?
Hmm. Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm guessing you haven't read the LN (or translations) at all...? The reason being is that in the LN, Tanya didn't recommend Visha to the officer cadet school at all and it was her superior who did so. Actually, Tanya's and Visha's relationship in the LN is rather different to the anime so far. Almost the opposite in some ways, though not all. I don't know if that'll change in the anime or how things are in later LNs, since I've only read the translations for the first LN.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 23:06   Link #358
bakato

I've only read the manga so far, but the flash forward doesn't sound too reassuring for our salaryman. The empire lost! Also, lol the artist must be a fan of South Park.
Old 2017-01-22, 01:51   Link #359
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I've only read the manga so far, but the flash forward doesn't sound too reassuring for our salaryman. The empire lost! Also, lol the artist must be a fan of South Park.
I don't think they say they lost. Only the V600 experiment failed.

If they lost, they wouldn't be able to continue to hide the "Eleventh Goddess", IMO.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 02:52   Link #360
Kirosh

Yeah, in the light novel, there is no mention that the empire lost, just that in the final battle, both army taking part suffered a lot of "Chaos".
Kirosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genocide, loli, reincarnated mc, salaryman