AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-05-18, 22:40   Link #1
Tran225

Ipod problem

Hey I have a ipod classic 6th generation 120gig and one problem i have is that there are certain songs that skip and it does not play. And they are mp3 files and I have checked if the song was compatible with the ipod. Bit rate: 320, Sample Rate: 44.1 khz. Some of the song is in the same album and 1 song out of the 5 songs in the album would not be able to play, it would just skip to the next song instead of playing.

Things I've tried: Hard reset, Play it on the Ipod device w/ iTunes, Restore (reformat the ipod completely delete everything and start new), change the name of the song, redownload the song but slightly different (from other websites).

The Ipod is up-to-date and so is my itunes
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 23:19   Link #2
Kudryavka

Is it a bought song from iTunes? If not, then go *ahem* redownload it. If so, file a complaint. I'll be doing so when I get my near-bricked 6G working again, if I even can.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 01:27   Link #3
Tran225

yeah i tried re-downloading the song but it doesnt work, i even tried re-downloading from another website which is not exactly the same as the original
Old 2010-05-19, 06:21   Link #4
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Is it a bought song from iTunes? If not, then go *ahem* redownload it. If so, file a complaint. I'll be doing so when I get my near-bricked 6G working again, if I even can.
Yes and they will tell you to refer to the record company because the songs are "normal" MP3 files that can be played on any MP3 player and the QC should be done on the record company side, not iTunes. Total BS.

On the other hand, tell us what the songs are and what album is it from. I own an IPod (3rd Gen) too and maybe I can help you out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:49   Link #5
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Strip off the ID3 tag with a masstagging program and redo the tag in iTunes. Some MP3 players get pissy about playing MP3s if the metadata in the tag is in the wrong place, is too large, is fragmented or corrupted.
Old 2010-05-20, 17:25   Link #6
triskelion
*Fansubber

This sometimes happens to me, but not on a ipod. It usually was transfer failure that caused it.

Not sure if this helps though.
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 21:32   Link #7
Tran225

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Strip off the ID3 tag with a masstagging program and redo the tag in iTunes. Some MP3 players get pissy about playing MP3s if the metadata in the tag is in the wrong place, is too large, is fragmented or corrupted.
what do you mean by that?
Old 2010-05-20, 21:34   Link #8
Tran225

i sent a song that doesnt work on my ipod to my friend who have an itouch, he put it on itunes and put it on his itouch and it seems he plays the song no problem.
Old 2010-05-20, 22:24   Link #9
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
what do you mean by that?
ID tagging program is where you edit your information pertaining to the song. She meant that you remove the ID tags on the song you are having trouble, add it to iTunes and readd the info that was previously there by right clicking on the song > Get Info > Info.
Old 2010-05-21, 11:55   Link #10
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
That's exactly what I mean. I remember with my old iPod Nano 3G, it would cause problems if I tried to put songs on it through means other than iTunes (such as the iPod foobar plugin). Tags wouldn't display properly, album art would vanish and songs would flat refuse to play. Not cool at all.

My Sony player is really wonky when using it drag-and-drop but everything works flawlessly with MediaMonkey. Go figure.