xeviouses

Damn you Knight!!!

...I love the upgraded armor too...
Old 2018-02-09, 21:42   Link #222
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler:

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2018-02-10 at 04:28.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-09, 23:55   Link #223
Magewolf

Spoiler for 17:
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 01:02   Link #224
B214

To be exact, the Zaruba from the first Garo series (live action) was reforged.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 05:03   Link #225
xeviouses

Yup, Zaruba can come back, the ring just needs to be reforged. Though I don't think Sword and company have the time for it right now.
Old 2018-02-10, 12:24   Link #226
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The reforged Zaruba had lost all his memories in the live action and never recovered them though, so you could say the old one who fought by Taiga and Kouga's side essentially died. I except that when Zaruba comes back at the end of the series or in the next one, he'll have no memories of Sword either.
Old 2018-02-16, 17:01   Link #227
bakato

I'm willing to bet when Gina comes back she'll be packing enough heat to level this city.
Old 2018-02-16, 20:00   Link #228
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So I guess everyone agrees the girl who helped Sophie and wrote the message using Sword's name is Sword's sister, right? Even if it seems too obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I'm willing to bet when Gina comes back she'll be packing enough heat to level this city.
They'll certainly need that.
Old 2018-02-17, 06:24   Link #229
xeviouses

Quote:
And maybe some reinforcements too.

I wonder what the Horror to Human ratio in the city is? I mean, too many Horrors in one place can, errr, cause 'food' shortages so it can't be that high.
Old 2018-02-17, 07:54   Link #230
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Along with reforged Zaruba bike

Nice that we are finally in El Dorado. While some of the character moments were nice, there were way too many detours. Excited for more fights as we find out the truth about El Dorado. Probably some human instrumentality project.
Old 2018-02-17, 13:27   Link #231
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Along with reforged Zaruba bike

Nice that we are finally in El Dorado. While some of the character moments were nice, there were way too many detours. Excited for more fights as we find out the truth about El Dorado. Probably some human instrumentality project.
Something like the Leviathans from Supernatural or the Matrix. Humans get hooked up to a virtual world while the horrors feast on their bodies.
Old 2018-02-24, 18:50   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks like Martin may not be King after all, given the evidence that he was fooled. But in that case, why does King want Sophie? Bishop probably has a hand in all this. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the real final boss.

The connection between Sword's sister and El Dorado was explained. Pretty much confirmed it was her who helped Sophie last week.
Old 2018-02-24, 21:08   Link #233
xeviouses

TBH, El Dorado going all 'Matrix' on us is kinda disappointing, especially since we were introduced to Horror that does exactly that in a previous episode.

Still pretty ingenious of the Horrors though, hunting prey is easier if it doesn't fight or run.
Old 2018-03-02, 18:40   Link #234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Martin really was King after all, sort of. He's being manipulated by the real King and the other horrors. The ring has allowed him to remain himself despite becoming a horror, but King will most likely take over his body if it's removed. Now that he's realized what's been going on, Sophie should have been trying to get him on their side instead of attempting to kill him. Although I guess it would have been dangerous since he's pretty much a bomb waiting to go off.

I feel really bad for Sophie.
Old 2018-03-03, 07:21   Link #235
xeviouses

Wow Sophie... I guess everything that was bottled up just exploded at that moment.

Oh yay! Gina's back!
Old 2018-03-16, 22:25   Link #236
B214

Probably not fair to Sophie especially with her age and all she experienced but i blame her for what happened to her brother. She decided that she was smart enough to know her brother is a Horror when he's not.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 02:26   Link #237
The 48th Ronin

Sophie already prepared herself for the worst. His brother is just one step away from being a Horror.

I really don't think Sophie could save his brother even if she knew Martin hasn't been totally consumed. The guy had already gone too deep in this El Dorado mess.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 08:47   Link #238
xeviouses

I think Martin is similar to the villain in Yami O Terasu mono in that they're both human but just step away from being a horror. Both are helping an ancient horror that is influencing them, the difference being Martin says he's unaware of the consequences of his actions while the other is amusing himself by feeding people to horrors.

That kiss sets it, GinaxSword full sail!
Old 2018-03-17, 10:07   Link #239
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
I think Martin is similar to the villain in Yami O Terasu mono in that they're both human but just step away from being a horror. Both are helping an ancient horror that is influencing them, the difference being Martin says he's unaware of the consequences of his actions while the other is amusing himself by feeding people to horrors.

That kiss sets it, GinaxSword full sail!
Gina's death flag.

Sword's sister is an internet entity. 2 Makai Alchemists are now in the series. With all that footage of Sophie and Sword, Gina prob won't make it to the end of the series. I'm betting that she's the encouragement for Sophie to become one in the end.
Old 2018-03-17, 13:35   Link #240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

King was actually Frieza all along.

Gina raised a pretty huge death flag there. Then again, Emma did too in HnK, yet she survived, so who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Sophie already prepared herself for the worst. His brother is just one step away from being a Horror.

I really don't think Sophie could save his brother even if she knew Martin hasn't been totally consumed. The guy had already gone too deep in this El Dorado mess.
Since Martin had no inner darkness, King couldn't possess him, so if Sophie hadn't opened his eyes to the horrible truth and had instead removed the ring as she originally intended, then he probably could have been saved. She feel for King's trap, showing her his shadow and making her think her brother was already a horror.

Tags
action, garo, superhero