Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 14:50   Link #3241
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Now see it the other way. Most girls don't understand how boys can get all excited in front of a soccer match. What's so exciting in watching people running after a ball and doing weird celebration with gay tendencies when the ball ends up in a stupid cage?
Do you even realize HOW WRONG THAT JUST SOUNDED??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't watch soccer much myself, but I do watch major leagues and cups like the Euro and World.

I see the soccer field as a battlefield, like in the C&C games. Tactics, strategy, style....it is all so interesting, but hard to put in words.
I think pretty much most of us who feel even slightly patriotic would feel like you do. But tbh, even I don't see it as a battlefield. HOWEVER, I do enjoy watching MMA or Judo simply because I'm interested in those and practice martial arts myself. It really depends on where your interests lie.

Quote:
But how is SMART has got to be related to such an OBLIQUE, nonsensical hint that points nowhere? Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!
I'd have to agree with this to some extent, because someone can be smart in one way while someone else can be smart in another. They may not be able to pick up on hints very easily, but they can be consummate analysts, for example.

Quote:
Well I guess that is a life lesson for me. She could have been the 6th girl which I date (most likely rejected again though), and now she is shooting all that "I HATE YOU" glare everytime we meet during gatherings.

Funny I never harboured a grudge against her. Maybe because I actually liked her.

20 years down the road when I am an affluent bachelor, I am going to sit down, look back at this, and LAUGH.
Meh, I guess there is such a thing as being too direct.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:51   Link #3242
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Things you never say to a girl...you can get away with "you look cute in that dress", but I don't think you should play on emotions.
But she really has that cute look on her face when she is fuming. Really, really cute.

Quote:
I won't. It is a rather long time since the incident, no? Maybe she need a bit of...well hang on a minute, 3 years. She's still mad? Not even I hold the grudge against someone that long, and I'm the local champion of having the shortest temper in all of the Western Suburbs (self-proclaimed).
That is why I said that girls are dangerous creatures. Either they self-destruct, or they become automated machines of destruction.

And either way, people around them still get hurt, both physically and emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Now you have pointed that out, it made me realise that

gay tendencies - actions of yaoi

balls in a cage - Male Chastity device

Quote:
It was a compliment! Compliments are supposed to be direct! Why the heck did she get angry at that for?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:57   Link #3243
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
But she really has that cute look on her face when she is fuming. Really, really cute.
Maybe she's trying to look angry so you can have your fill of cute, never saw that coming aaah?
Quote:
I beg to differ^^
Quote:
Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!
How did I neglect to comment on this little piece! Virtual girls are just as much of a threat, because they can be seen as "perfect", suggesting that you're bored of your "flawed" girlfriend. The ""s indicate female thoughts, mind you.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:58   Link #3244
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I don't watch soccer much myself, but I do watch major leagues and cups like the Euro and World.

I see the soccer field as a battlefield, like in the C&C games. Tactics, strategy, style....it is all so interesting, but hard to put in words.
Well, to me it's just like a circus with clowns in shorts who run after a ball like retards But I admit it can be funny at times

Quote:
But how is SMART has got to be related to such an OBLIQUE, nonsensical hint that points nowhere? Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!
I don't see how a guy can't get the message TBH... if he uses his brain a bit

Quote:
TBH, I don't exactly understand why any of the reasons has got anything to do with playing sports, other than the boobs part. But you girls have to understand that if you have big sized boobs, they serve as extra motivation for us to train harder and build those muscles you girls like to look at.
Because girls can be complicated and since the majority doesn't have what they would need to do sports at home the way they want, they have to rely on gym/fitness/sport clubs and sometimes it can be annoying (not being able to do it the way they want. Not wanting all those strangers around them. Especially the Mister-Muscles that spends all his days there hitting on women etc.), but I didn't deny that some of them are just lazy. But not all

Quote:
Very, very true. I can't argue with those quotes.
Watch this movie, it's great (sean connery and great story). It's originally an italian novel IIRC.

Quote:
It is a WHITE dress. Of course I can see the wrong colour combination! Different frequencies of light permeate through different kinds of membranes.
I have difficulties to understand why she got angry then, because she should have been aware that people would see through it. What did you exactly say to her?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:59   Link #3245
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
I do believe that is not applicable to all girls. But to MOST girls, at least.

You probably won't see Narona/Syn/Rad/Myst/<female forum member> behaving like this, except the clothes part. In addition - they are probably hiding collapsible spiked bats in their purses.
Actually I was hiding an FN Herstal FNP9 9mm automatic in my purse, but I had to sell it to pay bills after I got laid off.

Now I go around unarmed... and it feels extremely weird after carrying a gun for so long.

I do go a little nuts over clothes, makeup and shoes, though.

Quote:
Ask them about music : it'd be pop with hunks.
Ask them about food : it is always those that are exquisite and in small portions, yet cost more than a bomb. Rarely would one or two come along and discuss cooking.
Ask them about clothes : they won't stop talking about it.
Ask them about school/studies : they would rant about how incompetent the teachers are, how boring lectures are, how bitchy the female Chemistry teacher looks, how good-looking the Maths teacher is, etc

And most interestingly, they always seem to talk about how bad, ugly and lousy other people are (esp other girls), but they never take a look in the mirror at themselves and spot their own faults.
I'm laughing really hard because this is pretty much spot-on for most of the girls I knew in high school and a good percentage of girls I know now. Fortunately my status as an enormous lesbian-nerd prevents me from falling into this unfortunate category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I guess not. I see dating as the early stages of a potentially romantic relationship. Not a forum to dicuss politics, global warming etc. Therefore there should be laughter, smiling, flirting, blushing - not things that come with overly serious discussion. Not to say someone who is intelligent and can articulate themselves isn't attractive, but the topics you mentioned above are actually a matter of education.

Many people aren't so well educated. What are you going to do? Discard a really great person because they, for instance, don't care about politics and chose not to educate themselves on the matter?
Yes and no. I am extremely fond of deep, serious discussions and debates, and the ability to reciprocate is something I look for in all of my friends. That includes people I date.

It's a matter of education, yes, so it's not as if being undereducated is a non-starter. The girl I am dating right now, she has enormous gaping holes in her education that you could drive a Mack truck through, and she displays a marked lack of common sense and poorly-developed social skills.

That doesn't mean she's stupid. Not everyone learns common sense as early in life as I did. I know plenty of people two and three times my age who don't have a lick of common sense.

Quote:
How can planned shopping trips be exciting? Wherever there is a group outing, we guys would always be the ones waiting outside stores while the girls just spend half-an-hour inside, spend up to $50-$100 on clothes they wear only once or twice.
It's more about just going out with friends and having a good time than it's actually about buying something. For example, if I go shopping by myself, it's a very efficient and time-sensitive exercise. I go precisely where I need to go, buy what I need to get, and then come on home.

And while a lot of girls do spend large sums of cash on clothes they don't commonly wear, this isn't the case for everyone. I won't buy something unless I'm going to wear it at least on a semi-regular basis. This is why I don't own any really formal wear--what good would a floor-length evening gown do me? If I need to go to a really shiny party or to someone's wedding, I'll rent or borrow.

(Or hope, in the case of weddings, that the bride would have enough good sense to let us buy or use dresses that are useful beyond being a bridesmaid...)

Quote:
And there is lingerie shopping. It is beyond me why girls would spend a two digit sum over a piece of undergarment that is never seen worn, or why they would actually want the guys to follow them into the store (can't we just wait outside with the rest of your shopping?).
I like spending money on cute lingerie, and I know you're somewhat inexperienced with women, but when girls buy pretty lacy bras and panties, they are intending these things to be seen.

Do you really think girls wear eighty-dollar French bras on a regular day-to-day basis? Hell no; we put that stuff on when we're hoping someone else is going to be taking it off for us!

Day to day I wear cheap white, black or tan bras I buy at Target, and cotton panties that come six pair in a pack. Lingerie is like fancy giftwrap for our partner's dearly-desired present.

Quote:
Most of all, shopping online is significantly cheaper than buying from store, yet it eludes me why girls would actually want to spend an hour walking around an entire mall just for a tank top that can be found in most blogshops. *facepalm*
Buying clothes and shoes online is a crapshoot, especially for women. Unlike men, women's clothing sizes are not standardized. For example, I wear a size 9/10 pants. However, some manufacturers run small, so I wear an 11/12 for them, and some run large, so I wear a 7/8 for them.

Shoes are the same way. I have fourteen pair of shoes right now. Most of them are size 10, but a lot of them are 11, and at least one pair is size 9.5. All of them fit quite well, but with women's clothes you cannot go by the size. You really have to try it on first. That's why I don't buy clothes online.

(I'll buy almost everything else online, though, as long as shipping isn't killer and the distributor is out of state so I can escape paying sales tax).

Quote:
Finally : I find girls skip Physical Education lessons more often and berate us guys for tracking mud into the class after a game of soccer, but yet they are always complaining that they are fat and couldn't fit into the clothes they bought a long time ago. Interestingly, they actually remembered when they bought the clothes when we have never seen them wear it before.
Complaining about weight is more an insecurity issue than anything else. I've actually been complaining about my weight to friends--not because I'm gaining, but because I'm losing weight and I really shouldn't be. It was nice at first, because some of my pants and skirts fit a lot nicer now, but I'm a little worried that my poor diet in the homeless shelter is resulting in malnutrition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm honestly not a big fan of shopping myself, drive my mother insane, but for me part of the fun of walking through a mall with my family or a group of my friends is less about what I'm buying and more about the bonding time. It's not really about how one thing is cheaper than the other, it's about spending time with your friends, hanging out, and just in general reinforcing that bond, even over something as boring (to me) as shopping.
Agreed completely. This is why I love to go shopping with my friends. By myself, I just get in, buy what I need, then get out. But I'll spend the whole day at the mall or wherever if I'm out with people.

Quote:
For example : there is once where I went out with a group of friends, and this girl was wearing an entirely white dress-shirt with a blue bra, with one of the straps being pink.
I do this on purpose and a lot of my female friends bitch at me for it, saying it's tacky and doesn't look good. I disagree... I think it's cute, and seriously, if I buy a cute embroidered or lace bra, I want it to be seen! So I get a sheer/translucent white or pink or some other light-colored blouse and let it just barely show through.

I also think that visible bra straps when wearing a tanktop or camisole are also cute, and I get ragged on for that, too. And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!

Seriously girls, don't hate. I like my style and I don't hate on yours--though I do tell my girlfriend to pull up her pants and put a belt on. I can't stand sagging!
Old 2010-02-17, 15:00   Link #3246
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:

still, never say that to her

Quote:
That is why I said that girls are dangerous creatures. Either they self-destruct, or they become automated machines of destruction.

And either way, people around them still get hurt, both physically and emotionally.

I think it's a bit sexist to refer to a woman as a machine. They are just as human as me or you, and thinking like that is a probable reason as to why we don't understand them as well as we should.

Quote:
Now you have pointed that out, it made me realise that

gay tendencies - actions of yaoi

balls in a cage - Male Chastity device

:heh
:

Uh...right
Old 2010-02-17, 15:03   Link #3247
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Whatever. That sport itself is plain wrong if you ask me
Old 2010-02-17, 15:08   Link #3248
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Whatever. That sport itself is plain wrong if you ask me
Well, it isn't theoretically. But in practice, people fall down like flies all the time. I still remember when someone from the Brazilian team was hit in the leg by the ball, and then fell down five seconds later clutching his face in utter pain. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I do this on purpose and a lot of my female friends bitch at me for it, saying it's tacky and doesn't look good. I disagree... I think it's cute, and seriously, if I buy a cute embroidered or lace bra, I want it to be seen! So I get a sheer/translucent white or pink or some other light-colored blouse and let it just barely show through.

I also think that visible bra straps when wearing a tanktop or camisole are also cute, and I get ragged on for that, too. And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!

Seriously girls, don't hate. I like my style and I don't hate on yours--though I do tell my girlfriend to pull up her pants and put a belt on. I can't stand sagging!
If that's the case, then that girl really didn't have any right to yell at him. If she wanted to be seen, she should've taken his statement as a compliment rather than an insult.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:15   Link #3249
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
If that's the case, then that girl really didn't have any right to yell at him. If she wanted to be seen, she should've taken his statement as a compliment rather than an insult.
Like I said, my female friends bitch at me for doing it on purpose, citing it as a major fashion faux pas, so I'm guessing that the girl did not do it in purpose. Probably didn't even realize she did it until SaintessHeart made his comment... abrupt embarrassment could easily have caused her vitriolic reaction.

Myself, I do it on purpose. And I am quite happy when people come up and tell me how cute my bra is.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:15   Link #3250
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well, it isn't theoretically. But in practice, people fall down like flies all the time. I still remember when someone from the Brazilian team was hit in the leg by the ball, and then fell down five seconds later clutching his face in utter pain. Ridiculous.
Well.......... you have the opposite. Rugby, american football, Hockey...

Not that it gets any better

Quote:
That's what's weird. The only reason would be that SH didn't say something as a compliment, but as an insult or at least that he made fun of her in some ways...

So, what did he exactly say
Old 2010-02-17, 15:18   Link #3251
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

My guess is the girl wasn't aware that her bra was showing through her shirt and became embarrassed when SaintessHeart pointed it out.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:18   Link #3252
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Well, to me it's just like a circus with clowns in shorts who run after a ball like retards But I admit it can be funny at times

Those cases are rare. But still funny.

Quote:
I don't see how a guy can't get the message TBH... if he uses his brain a bit
Actually, me and my guy friends do agree that, the hint is way too oblique to make any sense (another girl pointed it out to us a few days later, and the other girl refused to speak to her boyfriend until then). A jealous look after that "How did you make her do that pose? She looks damn cute!" means doesn't really make any logical sense.

Btw, it is Miku's full combo pose on Project Diva. I was the one showing it off to that boyfriend while he is looking at me play Hatsune Miku no Shoshitsu.

Quote:
Because girls can be complicated and since the majority doesn't have what they would need to do sports at home the way they want, they have to rely on gym/fitness/sport clubs and sometimes it can be annoying (not being able to do it the way they want. Not wanting all those strangers around them. Especially the Mister-Muscles that spends all his days there hitting on women etc.), but I didn't deny that some of them are just lazy. But not all
Yes. Way too complicated in their thinking.

Quote:
I have difficulties to understand why she got angry then, because she should have been aware that people would see through it. What did you exactly say to her?
I remember saying "Eh, why is one of your bra straps is pink while the rest of your bra is blue?"

And when she made that cute fuming face, I just blurt out, "You look cute when you are angry, you know."

Next came the slap. For giving a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
I think it's a bit sexist to refer to a woman as a machine. They are just as human as me or you, and thinking like that is a probable reason as to why we don't understand them as well as we should.
I included the word automated.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:23   Link #3253
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's provoking, you should have let her steam first :P
Old 2010-02-17, 15:25   Link #3254
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's provoking, you should have let her steam first :P
I do admit that was really being stupid. But well, I am what I am....zero tact.

Old 2010-02-17, 15:28   Link #3255
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Actually, me and my guy friends do agree that, the hint is way too oblique to make any sense (another girl pointed it out to us a few days later, and the other girl refused to speak to her boyfriend until then). A jealous look after that "How did you make her do that pose? She looks damn cute!" means doesn't really make any logical sense.

Btw, it is Miku's full combo pose on Project Diva. I was the one showing it off to that boyfriend while he is looking at me play Hatsune Miku no Shoshitsu.
As I said, the girl seems insecure about herself or the relationship. Meaning she might have a bad opinion of her body, or that her BF doesn't show enough Love (like spending too much times on videogames, or with his friends, or commenting other girls even fictional ones, etc.). But I might be wrong...

BTW, why do Miku hold a leek in some pictures?

Quote:
Where would be the fun if they were easy to read? Anyway, that "complicated" part is overrated

But jokes aside, I admit girls should be more direct in some situations.

Quote:
I remember saying "Eh, why is one of your bra straps is pink while the rest of your bra is blue?"

And when she made that cute fuming face, I just blurt out, "You look cute when you are angry, you know."

And what did you do? Did you try to apologize and then ask what did you do wrong? (in that order).
Old 2010-02-17, 15:28   Link #3256
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
zero tact.
Would have been much worse if it had gone like this...
You: Think I'm cute?
Her:....no?
You:How 'bout if I wear that keeewwwwt! bra of yours on top of my head?
As much as it saddens me to say, I've stood witness to a similar occasion, followed by three gallons of awkward and a few cans of maiden tears.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:29   Link #3257
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Actually, it kinda makes sense to me from one point of view. For instance, a girl who does professional swimming isn't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing type of woman to the eye. At the same time, girls who practice running professionally tend to be very skinny and even too muscular, which doesn't exactly look good on a girl either.

Quote:

I think she was embarassed first, which could have passed, but then the cute anger comment made her blow up. That did sound like something a perv would say after all.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:32   Link #3258
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Actually, it kinda makes sense to me from one point of view. For instance, a girl who does professional swimming isn't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing type of woman to the eye. At the same time, girls who practice running professionally tend to be very skinny and even too muscular, which doesn't exactly look good on a girl either.
That's why too much sports or professional activities should be banned for girls-

Quote:
I think she was embarassed first, which could have passed, but then the cute anger comment made her blow up. That did sound like something a perv would say after all.
What I want to know is what happened after that. He should have been able to make peace with her by then, but apparently failed
Old 2010-02-17, 15:35   Link #3259
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
What I want to know is what happened after that. He should have been able to make peace with her by then, but apparently failed
Like he said, he hasn't. She would always give him the cold stare in every gathering that followed. A shame.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:39   Link #3260
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
As I said, the girl seems insecure about herself or the relationship. Meaning she might have a bad opinion of her body, or that her BF doesn't show enough Love (like spending too much times on videogames, or with his friends, or commenting other girls even fictional ones, etc.). But I might be wrong...

BTW, why do Miku hold a leek in some pictures?
Well I knew the two of them for quite some time. They started their relationship before I even became their friend, and to think that girl would just get jealous at Miku!

From my POV, her boyfriend actually loves her. He even went as far as to think of marrying her because she is the "cutest of all the cute stuff I own" (he collects figurines too, but she never gets jealous at them). What an idiot.

Now I have mentioned that the girl actually does not get jealous at his figurines (because she sometimes helps him collect and put together the toys when he is away in the army camp), why is she jealous at Miku's cute FC pose? This doesn't make sense.

Regarding Miku and the leek, search for Hatsune Miku Levan Polkka on youtube.

Quote:
Where would be the fun if they were easy to read? Anyway, that "complicated" part is overrated

But jokes aside, I admit girls should be more direct in some situations.
More like underrated. I would have preferred them being easier to read, because I am one who doesn't waste time when dealing with people.

Quote:
And what did you do? Did you try to apologize and then ask what did you do wrong? (in that order).
She never gave me the chance to. Always avoiding me, ignoring me. I gave up on trying to apologise too.

Besides, I am not at fault! Why the heck should I apologise?

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom