AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-08, 20:12   Link #141
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Hope Tali will have a decent role. Thought the romance thing with her in ME2 was put in after fan feedback from the first one?

Liking the new Ash look but unless Miranda has a makeover the hairstyle is quite similar. Or does it mean Miranda will have a smaller part now hmm...

Anyone know whether Yvonne Strahovski's timetable is busy?
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 23:49   Link #142
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

One thing to note about some characters like Thane or Tali is that there were significant hints that they may be unsquadable in ME3.

I won't go into too much detail about the disposable characters who are clearly just temporaries like Samara, Kasumi, Zaeed, but for others...

If you paragon-ed Tali's mission, mentions were made on her possibly being the next Admiral, and if you acted like a honest, truthful man... well, she bloody hates you for it and would essentially either die or leave after the mission.

The Krogan Shaman did put some mentions of Grunt's eventual need to return to Tuchanka, presumably to settle himself appropriately and stuff. Thane is no surprise, seeing as he's dying and all that.

Other than that, I have absolute confidence that Bioware will please the fans and at the very least, give us our favourites respectable continuation in the story... on their mission hub at least.

I have no confidence that they'll be able to properly handle a large cast of playables, since they do enjoy the illusion of multi-dialogues through different squad combinations and bantering, but if it's just hub-restricted playables or banter, then maybe it would work well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 00:09   Link #143
kujoe
from head to heel

I can definitely see characters like Ashley and Garrus becoming part of the squad again—even Jacob, for that matter. Perhaps Miranda will join too depending on the nature of her loyalty (whether she resigned from Cerberus or not, etc.).

But characters with such significant roles such as Liara (as the new Shadow Broker) and Wrex (Urdnot Clan Leader) would have to step down—at least temporarily—in order to join Shepard as squadmates. It makes me wonder if Bioware will be splitting the story into arcs or acts, and have each of them have their own set of recruitable characters.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 03:00   Link #144
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
What about people who used the neutral option and grandstanded Tali's trial? I did that because it was awesome. All the other quarians thought I was awesomesauce and Tali was happy her father's dark secret was never revealed.
Old 2011-04-09, 04:51   Link #145
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
What about people who used the neutral option and grandstanded Tali's trial? I did that because it was awesome. All the other quarians thought I was awesomesauce and Tali was happy her father's dark secret was never revealed.
That was essentially just a sub-paragon option given to you as a reward for :

1. helping the traumatized Quarian earlier
2. Be badass enough that Kal'Reegar didn't die
3. Too fickle to have enough paragon/renegade points for the extremes

I don't think it essentially changes anything in regards to transfer-over of what's what when it comes to ME3.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-04-09, 06:12   Link #146
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I hope it does. If you give the evidence, you effectively shatter the unity of the migrant fleet. If you don't... well, as one of the admirals said, they have the biggest fleet in the galaxy. Could come in handy to fight a horde of ancient galaxy destroyers.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 06:51   Link #147
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and if they come to a mutual agreement with the geth legion is with then their army would be huuuuge.

the reapers dont want to admit it but their gonna have a hard time destroying this world...

I think the prothens were the most dangerious species the reapers had to deal with and so they changed them to work for them. Now its Humans.
Old 2011-04-09, 07:01   Link #148
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Dumpign scans:

Spoiler for ME3 scans, characters, enemies etc.:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 07:26   Link #149
jonli
JONLIの憂'

GOD DAMN ashley...what the hell. She looks...A LOT better. But I'd like my character to stay faithful to Liara.

So according to the article it's still going to be about recruiting characters and building your team. I understand how that is logical, but I'd prefer if it wasn't the focus of the story since ME2 was all about building the right team, now it should be about putting that team to use.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 08:26   Link #150
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I hope it does. If you give the evidence, you effectively shatter the unity of the migrant fleet. If you don't... well, as one of the admirals said, they have the biggest fleet in the galaxy. Could come in handy to fight a horde of ancient galaxy destroyers.
What I meant was that I don't think there'll be many 'variety' of situations as per game sequel triggers, despite the large space to work around the whole issue.

It would most likely just be "things are good there for Quarians and Tali" or "things are good there but Tali is dead" or "you horribly messed up there."

Old 2011-04-09, 09:26   Link #151
Key Board
Carbon

I'm going to put myself in Bioware's shoes for a moment

They will need one of the each alien races, for a party member. At the very least the main ones:

Asari
Turian
Krogan

That means it is guaranteed that you will get a new team member of said following species.

The question is. how will they overlap with returning team members, or do they even need to overlap?

I'm guessing that Liara is a shoe in for a party member, so Samara doesn't need to return or even mentioned at all.

Garrus is a long time fan favorite and is confirmed to return if he survived. Now the question is.. how to you have a new Turian team member to substitute Garrus? That's the harder thing to do. I'm guessing that the new Turian team member if Garrus dies will in fact be a family member of Garrus. Maybe his father that he talks so much about.

For the Krogan entry this will be tricky. Wrex and Grunt are very symbolic for what they represent. Wrex is a relic of the past. Grunt is a potential for a new beginning. I can't think of any new Krogan character that can match that weight.

Now on to other alien races,

Quarian: If Tali is not available, I'm guessing Kel Reeger can fill in that spot.. unless he's also dead. At that point I really can't think of a good substitute.

Salarian: I'm personally voting for Captain Kirahhe

Human: Captain Anderson is all that I need
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 16:28   Link #152
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Every romanceable characterhas to return one way or another. or else Bioware is gonna be screwed, and they know it.
Old 2011-04-09, 16:30   Link #153
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Besides if killed characters can magically return in DA2.. I don't even want to think about it honestly said.
Old 2011-04-09, 16:32   Link #154
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Now on to other alien races,

Quarian: If Tali is not available, I'm guessing Kel Reeger can fill in that spot.. unless he's also dead. At that point I really can't think of a good substitute.

Salarian: I'm personally voting for Captain Kirahhe

Human: Captain Anderson is all that I need
No love for drells? Thane should probably be dead pretty soon anyway, so I wonder if there's any suitable drell replacements for him. Maybe his boy?

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 04:19   Link #155
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
No love for drells? Thane should probably be dead pretty soon anyway, so I wonder if there's any suitable drell replacements for him. Maybe his boy?
Feron? However, I think he will be the Shadow Broker in Liara's absence.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 06:16   Link #156
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Every romanceable characterhas to return one way or another. or else Bioware is gonna be screwed, and they know it.
They could pull a similar stunt as they did with ME2, and have them pop up for a brief 'hi' and then leave again. Maybe have them be somewhere on a planet where you can visit them a-la Liara.
Old 2011-04-10, 16:06   Link #157
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Finally more info and scans

Spoiler for text:

Spoiler for images:
Old 2011-04-10, 17:02   Link #158
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Delicious info is delicious. Thanks for the post.

Here's to hoping a certain Krogan joins the good ol' crew again... Otherwise, I shall be sad.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 17:11   Link #159
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
>ME1's Decisions such as sparing the Rachni will have a grave impact in ME3[/spoiler]
... I am both very glad to see this, and very irked that this means I will have to replay ME1 again to save the thing.

Though it has been a long time since I played ME1... eh, vacation is coming up soon anyway.
Old 2011-04-10, 17:20   Link #160
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
They could pull a similar stunt as they did with ME2, and have them pop up for a brief 'hi' and then leave again. Maybe have them be somewhere on a planet where you can visit them a-la Liara.
But it would be a huge cop out if they decide to end their romances like that FOR the finale of Mass Effect 3.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass