AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 17:49   Link #3481
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbielj View Post
Hello everyone.. I've just finished reading this whole thread (which takes a while), and I have read Hunter Seeker's summaries...I'm a big fan of FMP.
Just want to say "WOW!"
It is assume isn't it.... I
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:26   Link #3482
debbielj

Does anyone know or have any details on the upcoming novel?
debbielj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 23:01   Link #3483
Eak
One angry cloud.

From what I have researched.. none as of now... probably not for a few months.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 18:22   Link #3484
UltimateKane99

... Hi guys. I've been away for a while, but I have a question to ask...

Does anyone know where I can buy ISBN 978-4-8291-3266-1 (Which is supposed to be [Approaching] In the Nick of Time)?

I'm trying to purchase copies so that I can do some translating. I've got BOMF and CMMD already purchased, but I can't find the SINT. I REALLY want this thing translated, but I haven't heard anything from the translating community, so I figured, hell, I might as well get my Japanese group to just do the translating with me...

Unless there's already a translator out there? I would be MORE than happy to help!
UltimateKane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 19:15   Link #3485
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateKane99 View Post

Does anyone know where I can buy ISBN 978-4-8291-3266-1 (Which is supposed to be [Approaching] In the Nick of Time)?

I'm trying to purchase copies so that I can do some translating. I've got BOMF and CMMD already purchased, but I can't find the SINT. I REALLY want this thing translated, but I haven't heard anything from the translating community, so I figured, hell, I might as well get my Japanese group to just do the translating with me...

Unless there's already a translator out there? I would be MORE than happy to help!
ok first of all they stop translating the novel since it has been licensed by tokyopop, but they are going to take some time to translate the main novels.
i think this is what your looking for http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:34   Link #3486
UltimateKane99

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
ok first of all they stop translating the novel since it has been licensed by tokyopop, but they are going to take some time to translate the main novels.
i think this is what your looking for http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP
Thanks for the advice, but if they keep up the pace that they have right now, it won't be another 2 years minimum (or 4 years maximum) until they are up to where the novels are now...
Old 2008-11-02, 23:57   Link #3487
Trudy

Did anyone purchase the November issue of Dragon Magazine yet? It's supposed to have the prologue of the new novel.

Would have purchased it from Akadot, but their shipping is ridiculous, and I don't know where else to get it, unfortunately.
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 14:35   Link #3488
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:

I'm not sure if this novel is out as a physical novel (it might just be in Dragon magazine form for the time being) but if it is, I would try ebay or half.com...anyway good luck!
MandyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 09:29   Link #3489
debbielj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
Did anyone purchase the November issue of Dragon Magazine yet? It's supposed to have the prologue of the new novel.

Would have purchased it from Akadot, but their shipping is ridiculous, and I don't know where else to get it, unfortunately.
Are you sure the prologue of the new novel will be on Dragon Mag? I hope it is, and hopefully someone will try to translate it.

I need to befriend a Japanese girl
Old 2008-11-04, 17:35   Link #3490
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn I hope somebody release some magazine scan soon I'm hungry for FMP.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 20:50   Link #3491
debbielj

I agree with you, fanfics can only hold FMP fans for so long.
Old 2008-11-05, 02:38   Link #3492
UltimateKane99

Well, it's pretty much official.

I have a copy of BOMF, CMMD, and SINT. I also have several translators queued up for assisting me and my friend Hurricane in translating the series.

We're going to be busy over the next couple months!

And Ravyn agreed to help out on occasion! Yay!
Old 2008-11-05, 06:27   Link #3493
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yes thank you! You are the man!
Old 2008-11-05, 06:57   Link #3494
debbielj

Thank you! Thank you!
Old 2008-11-05, 08:48   Link #3495
UltimateKane99

Yeah, I'm not really the one that you guys should be thanking. Pink and Hurricane are more of the ones that you should thank.

And don't get your hopes up too high. There's a couple extenuating circumstances that are going to slow down our translations... For example, Hurricane and I literally have NO idea how to speak Japanese. Pink is completely fluent, so she'll be doing the translations for the first two months or so, but Hurricane and I are going to be working our asses off to understand so that we can translate, too. (We have a ton of Japanese-learning software).

Geh. I'm not going to retype this stuff.

A more complete list is over at my LJ page.
Old 2008-11-05, 16:23   Link #3496
Garetjx

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not really the one that you guys should be thanking. Pink and Hurricane are more of the ones that you should thank.

And don't get your hopes up too high. There's a couple extenuating circumstances that are going to slow down our translations... For example, Hurricane and I literally have NO idea how to speak Japanese. Pink is completely fluent, so she'll be doing the translations for the first two months or so, but Hurricane and I are going to be working our asses off to understand so that we can translate, too. (We have a ton of Japanese-learning software).

Geh. I'm not going to retype this stuff.

A more complete list is over at my LJ page.
Just out of curiousity, what software are you going to be using? I just started learning Japanese this year with Rosetta Stone which so far has definitely been worth the money, its a terrific program for learning languages, highly recomend it. I'm learning Japanese because this next summer I'll be a foreign exchange student in Japan staying with a Japanese family
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 17:00   Link #3497
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

UltimateKane99, I love you!
And don't worry about the pace of translation, we wait, we've being waiting for years, so a few more months are not a big deal
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 17:22   Link #3498
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah thank you Ultimate and your friends for translating it. I don't mind the wait just glad to hear it's being done.
Old 2008-11-05, 18:20   Link #3499
debbielj

UltimateKane99 please thank pink and hurricane for me & I agree with deadwings, don't worry about the pace of translation.
Old 2008-11-05, 18:31   Link #3500
UltimateKane99

Alright. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew...

BTW, there may be a slight misunderstanding (I went back over some of my LJ stuff). When I say that I have BOMF, CMMD, and SINT, I mean that I have SINT within arms reach, but BOMF and CMMD are currently en route from Illinois. When we get them, THEN we can start translating the thing. Here's to a new release (we hope!)!

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen