AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-24, 12:38   Link #81
Requiem-x
The slacking one

From "poor Sayaka" to "Well done, Sayaka!", these last two episodes did wonders for our image of her, or at least they did to me. That scene at the beginning this week... that was brutal, though thankfully it changed to the good way of brutal by the end.

Yuu's still a nice girl and awesome, so as a whole, the series is still great. Speaking, god, so many beautiful scenes this week, especially during the last part, and the return of first person was also great (don't blame you for thinking that about Sayaka, Yuu, I did the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sayaka and Yuu became a bit more friendly. At least Sayaka isn't giving off murderous intent when she looks at Yuu anymore. Even she finds it hard to hate such a good girl, although that may change once she finds out exactly how close Touko's gotten to Yuu.
Wouldn't be surprised if she already suspects something.

Quote:
Speaking of Touko, when Yuu told her she was happy, her reaction was almost scary. It reminded me of Yuu's own reaction in an early episode when she held Touko's hand and realized she loved her.
A reminder of the big emotional bomb slowly but surely ticking away in the background, and it was a painful one.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 13:02   Link #82
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, they have inevitably put themselves in that by their own choices.

If you're going to enforce such restrictions on each other and expect nothing to ever change, it will eventually backfire.

The tables have turned big time. At the start, Yuu was made to look like she was the one that needed to change most. But at this point, seems like Touko and Sayaka are the ones that need to but utterly refuse to.

I don't think the real issue is that they fear change. I think that what they fear most is being loved back and/or the prospect of it ending. A fear that can be understood but is folly. You can't truly gain something without risk. I'm now at the point where I don't think Yuu is the only one who doesn't understand love. If anything I think that Yuu is closer to it than Touko, who feels it but in a rather selfish way. A critical part of love is opening yourself to being hurt/the negatives as well as the positives as well as being properly receptive of the other person.

Clearly, there are obvious reasons as to why Touko fears loss so much. But when Touko reacts to Yuu the way she did in the latest episode...that isn't healthy or justified.

I seriously hope Episode 9 throws the spanner in the works that is surely coming.
Old 2018-11-29, 05:16   Link #83
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Just thinking... if somehow Touko and Yuu get past all their problems.. and go into a relationship. How to tell Yuu's dad.. he might have a heart attack if his daughter has a girlfriend.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 07:50   Link #84
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Big sis seems pretty supportive, at least.
Old 2018-11-30, 08:52   Link #85
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Azuna Riko perform Kimi ni Furete

Old 2018-11-30, 13:25   Link #86
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Episode 9 was definitely a step in the right direction. Among the better episodes but not the best. It certainly had scenes enhanced in anime form, it certainly had more happening and more impact. Song in the middle was good. Last few minutes certainly left the episode finish on a high note. Although based off of 8, this really feels like the calm before the storm.

That said...I think the spanner in the works I want to see has finally been flagged. Here's hoping.

Spoiler for The spanner in the works:
Old 2018-11-30, 14:17   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If it wasn't already, this episode made it clear Yuu is in serious denial about her feelings for Touko. She already had her issues, but the fact she's figured out Touko doesn't want her to fall in love with her certainly isn't helping.
Old 2018-11-30, 16:02   Link #88
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Unless they make the S2, the story will not go that far.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2018-12-01 at 03:48.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 16:54   Link #89
kari-no-sugata II

Yuu's situation is rather messed up. She's always wanted to fall in love but felt she never could. Then someone falls for her but hopes not to be loved back. This is both a good thing (since Yuu no longer feels under pressure to force herself to fall for someone) and a bad thing (since it gives Yuu an excuse to deny her feelings). So basically, she's trying to pretend that her relationship with Touko is simple when it's anything but. Oh well.

But Touko sure is a meanie. Asking for a reward for "good behaviour" (something you should be doing anyway) and then wanting Yuu to initiate a kiss when she also doesn't want Yuu to love her back. Seriously? Well, she's always been something of a "little devil"...

Curious to see how this will develop!

(Just to be clear, I'm not bashing the characters, just commenting on their actions. This is what teenage romance is about! As long as it doesn't get too angst-ridden I've got no complaints)
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 18:08   Link #90
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

At the start of the episode, Yuu forgot that the storage room is the perfect place for yuri.

They lost in the sports, but Touko still "won" because she has Yuu.
Old 2018-11-30, 19:09   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 9:

At the start of the episode, Yuu forgot that the storage room is the perfect place for yuri.
Not just for yuri. It's a common trope for any kind of romance manga and anime. As soon as Yuu said she was headed for it, I just knew they would end up there together.

Ever since the reveal that Touko is basically manipulating Yuu, I can't tell which of her actions are calculated and which are impulsive.
Old 2018-12-01, 05:51   Link #92
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Forgot to say. I'm glad that Touko did not blame anyone when they lost the race. Maki and Yuu run fast, and I assume that Dojima guy ran fast as well, because Maki had a slight lead when he was running. Too bad, the basketball guys and girls are faster in the final parts of the race.. I guess the win is believable enough because people who play basketball run a lot.

Also nice to see coffee shop girl visit her waifu.

Quote:
Not just for yuri. It's a common trope for any kind of romance manga and anime. As soon as Yuu said she was headed for it, I just knew they would end up there together.

Ever since the reveal that Touko is basically manipulating Yuu, I can't tell which of her actions are calculated and which are impulsive.
Maybe Touko is becoming addicted / dependent on Koito-san? So the plan now is to have as much Yuu as she can, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Just curious how much Yuu will tolerate this kind of weird relationship.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2018-12-01 at 06:08.
Old 2018-12-01, 14:25   Link #93
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Sempai, what are going to do in the shed~ Wait... Yuu, haven't you read a bunch of romance manga? How did you not consider this scenario, even as a joke!? I know I did!

Is falling in love during a sports festival a romance staple? Because between this and tsuki ga kirei it sure seems like it.

Poor Yuu is so in denial it actually feels bad rather than being cute, but I suppose we can take consolation in the fact feelings are most definitely there. On the side, the full fledged lesbian couple IS being cute and Koyomi unknowingly stepped into a hell of a truth. Oh, and friendly rivalries, I guess. Not exactly the most dramatically strong episode, but after last week, maybe it was for the best, and we did get a lot of sweetness at the beginning and the end, so it's all good.

Quote:
If it wasn't already, this episode made it clear Yuu is in serious denial about her feelings for Touko. She already had her issues, but the fact she's figured out Touko doesn't want her to fall in love with her certainly isn't helping.
To be fair, Yuu has an idea Touko doesn't want real love from her, and ravaging her (or at least try, like she clearly wanted to) in the spot would've been a clear giveaway of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Yuu's situation is rather messed up. She's always wanted to fall in love but felt she never could. Then someone falls for her but hopes not to be loved back. This is both a good thing (since Yuu no longer feels under pressure to force herself to fall for someone) and a bad thing (since it gives Yuu an excuse to deny her feelings). So basically, she's trying to pretend that her relationship with Touko is simple when it's anything but. Oh well.
Love or whatever, the feeling of being stuck is the absolute worst, so I'm already very invested on seeing how she deals with it.

Quote:
But Touko sure is a meanie. Asking for a reward for "good behaviour" (something you should be doing anyway) and then wanting Yuu to initiate a kiss when she also doesn't want Yuu to love her back. Seriously? Well, she's always been something of a "little devil"...
...that's more insensitive than devilish, even if Yuu actually wants to do it. Oh well, considering how messy this whole situation is, guess we can chalk it up to Touko feeling lonely, and it did end up as a very sweet moment, after all, and... well, not gonna lie, I had the biggest grin in my face when she locked the door behind her, so sure, let's forgive her this time.
Old 2018-12-01, 17:27   Link #94
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Not exactly. Right now the main reason Yuu forces herself to deny her feelings is because she's afraid that Touko would dump her if she falls in love with her (she already did but you get what I'm trying to say).

When Touko explains to Yuu about her sister and why she wants to do the play, Yuu gets a really strong vibe that if her feelings ever become a burden for Touko, Touko would leave her, and this almost make Yuu shit her pants (honestly the anime doesn't do this moment justice and the translation is kinda shitty to boot so part of the nuance of the moment is lost). Yuu then assures Touko she won't fall in love with her, but Yuu knows it's a lie.

Here's the relevant pages from the manga:
Spoiler for anime-manga comparison:
Yuu is denying her feelings because she thinks Toukou would leave her otherwise. She's lying and deep down she's very much aware of that.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-12-01 at 17:57.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 17:53   Link #95
kari-no-sugata II

^ I'm not sure how that's different to what I was saying. Do you mean that it's not that Touko doesn't want to be loved back "at all" but rather that Touko doesn't want Yuu to change too much and form strong/heavy feelings for her?

Or are you talking about Yuu specifically? If so I don't get what you're saying that's different to what I was saying.
Old 2018-12-01, 18:01   Link #96
Kazu-kun

I'm just explaining the reason Yuu denies her feelings. It's out of fear of being dumped.
Old 2018-12-01, 18:23   Link #97
kari-no-sugata II

The way I phrased that was more generic and perhaps low key but I think we're basically on the same page here. You did say "Not exactly" after all.
Old 2018-12-07, 12:38   Link #98
Marina2

Ep.10

Koyomi is quite perceptive (and cute). She doesn't have the whole detail about Touko/Sayaka/Yuu's character and relationship but she still manage to give them a perfectly fit role. Still, Touko as a patient and Yuu as a nurse who is taking care of her - That is quite a sad way to view their real relationship right?

In second part, I like a little reaction from cafe owner, when she listened to Yuu and Natsuki talked about Touko.

After credit scene is sad.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-12-07 at 12:53.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 15:31   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Koyomi is indeed very perceptive, she was able to create roles that fit each of the student council member almost perfectly. The story itself is really interesting too. Meanwhile, we got more clear signs Yuu is in love with Touko.

The after credit scene provided an additional explanation why Touko wants to become her sister. She feels guilty for her death.
Old 2018-12-08, 05:45   Link #100
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 10:

Sayaka this is your dream, even if it's only in a play.. you are in a loving relationship with Nanami-sempai! ^__^

Tags
yuri