AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2020-02-22, 22:05   Link #181
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I like how the promo image for S1 has a descending theme for our protagonists and S2's has an ascending one =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 07:55   Link #182
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's nice to see a recent interview footage of Ebikawa & Obari here. And I finally got to see Shinya Watada's face in a video. Oh, and the Chief handdrawn mecha animator is a lady? That's cool. That's really cool.
Old 2020-04-09, 08:42   Link #183
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Warning: the thumbnail is a bit of a click-bait. This episode is mostly flashback from Freddie's POV and some recaps.

YouTube

I'd say I still like the episode but with the great exception of recap of Riku from GBD that still makes me cringe to this day. Kill it with fire!!!
Old 2020-04-09, 10:12   Link #184
silenceblade

So that is the reason why Freddie called them BUILD DIVERS. It was just his childish delusion. I wonder if Freddie knows that BUILD DIVERS doesn't refer to everyone in GBN but a specific group?

Honestly, the BUILD DiVERS doesn't seem to be a group that is respected as heroes. Well, Hiroto and May do seem more suitable for the conflict there than most divers in term of personality.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-09, 10:25   Link #185
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i love the OP where they show all of planet armor

also we have proper name for enemy gundam

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-09, 11:05   Link #186
silenceblade

Is core gundam's gun and shield necessary for its armor? If not, that would mean that ALUS and core gundam can switch their armour system freely.

The Mars armor doesn't use the gun while only the earth armor is the only one that uses the shield. When the core gundam switches armor, is there a carrier on the airplane to carry the unnecessary weaponry?

Last edited by silenceblade; 2020-04-10 at 07:08.
Old 2020-04-10, 16:33   Link #187
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This review pretty much summed up my feelings for episode 14.

YouTube
Old 2020-04-13, 15:37   Link #188
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, a Youtuber called Shoky actually managed to decode/translate the Eldoran letters on the screen/ interface used by Freddie for contacting & summoning DiVERS during his stream.

From that translation, we know that the teleporter is called the "Incarnation System" and it materialized Hiroto & co in the flesh/organic body that can bleed. That means May also has an organic body while in Eldora which is something that I believe have not been experienced by other EL Divers before her, not even Sarah.

That's some really interesting bits of trivia.
Old 2020-04-13, 19:09   Link #189
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

That actually sheds some light into a few questions a few people have been having (like how Hiroto had a bump when he hit his head).
This also raises the possibility that Alus used the Incarnation System to get what is currently the One-Eye Army Mobile Suits he uses to assault Eldora now, they might have been Devil Army data that he got and analyzed.

Last edited by BassGSnewtype; 2020-04-13 at 19:22.
BassGSnewtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 21:28   Link #190
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
This also raises the possibility that Alus used the Incarnation System to get what is currently the One-Eye Army Mobile Suits he uses to assault Eldora now, they might have been Devil Army data that he got and analyzed.
There's even more interesting tidbit from Shoky's translation of the Eldoran letters if you watch the stream. Apparently, Eldoran's character for "I" resembles the Rinnegan-like eyes that Alus & his mechas have.

Get it? "I-Eye". Similar to what the Eldoran's call them: "One-Eye". That is some really elaborate shit concocted by the showrunners .
Old 2020-04-13, 21:43   Link #191
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Oh wow, this is getting deep as hell, when was the last time a Gundam story got this deep?
Old 2020-04-13, 21:50   Link #192
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Oh wow, this is getting deep as hell, when was the last time a Gundam story got this deep?
One more interesting thing: when trying to contact DiVERS for the first time, Freddie actually also clicked the language translator on that interface. That's why they can understand each other.
Old 2020-04-13, 21:54   Link #193
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I really hope they offer some kind of back story for this cause a link between Eldora and Earth that's seems to have existed since ancient times, it feels like something like that is connected to whoever Alus was talking about in episode 11.
My head is starting to hurt.

-=Edit=-

Alright I was looking at the opening and I noticed something, Hiroto might wind up with a 9th Armor for the Core Gundam II formed from the Dragon of light from both openings, my reasoning?
This:
Images

Doesn't seem like much unless you see the dragon of light shown here:

Images

Bait or the Core Gundam's Eldora Gundam form?

Last edited by BassGSnewtype; 2020-04-13 at 23:47.
BassGSnewtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-16, 09:07   Link #194
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Great episode. It doesn't waste time for fluff as it is chock full with world-building, plot progression and character development. Not only that, the mecha battle in this episode is Wicked Cool. The battle coreography & animation is on point! This is probably one of the best RR episodes so far, and we're only two episodes into this new season. I'm glad I follow this show. Gimme more!!!

Also, May & Hiroto is probably the best hetero battle-couple pilots in the franchise ever since Io & Bianca from Thunderbolt, Zech & Noin from EW and Amuro & Sayla from MSG.
Old 2020-04-16, 14:03   Link #195
Tenzen12

That was great start of season (that recap doesn't count!). It set's up new storylines, pay attention to characters and had kickass battle. I agree that May and Hiroto makes cool duo, it helps that May is one of very few female gundam character that consistently deliver combat-wise.

Also damn that was one of hell kick.
Old 2020-04-17, 06:18   Link #196
silenceblade

May isn't the type to become a heroine due to her lack of emotions or battle strength but for some reason the combo with Hiroto is amazing. I wonder what makes them such an amazing pair?
Old 2020-04-17, 09:38   Link #197
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
May isn't the type to become a heroine due to her lack of emotions or battle strength but for some reason the combo with Hiroto is amazing. I wonder what makes them such an amazing pair?
Both of them bassically same type. Action First, talk later

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 09:41   Link #198
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
I wonder what makes them such an amazing pair?
Maybe because May & Hiroto are of the similar type and has good chemistry when together. They're like the opposite type of Io & Bianca who are both loudmouthed hotheads. May & Hiroto are both the stoic & silent type who are big on analyzing things first before taking action.
Old 2020-04-17, 11:56   Link #199
Tenzen12

What makes them such amazing pair? Mainly time to develope their synergy. Anime did take lot of it before it got where it's now (which wasn't exactly good choice, but by now we are net positive thankfully). Well it also helps they are already great individually and roughly on same level so neither drag other down.

There are few other things, but I am too lazy.
Old 2020-04-20, 22:59   Link #200
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Fun video is fun...

YouTube