Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 11:09   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Manga: Ch 327 Discussion[Spoiler]

Quote:
Pauley is dragged back with the money by Rob Ruchie, another Garella. Also, Ruchie has a talking pigeon, Hattori ("Pigeon" = "Hato" in Japanese, "Bird" = "Tori", so it's something of a pun), who's lecturing Pauley about taking other people's money, while at the same time, Usopp and Nami are lecturing Luffy for being so carefree with their cash. Iceberg apologizes for his subordinate's behavior, and Califa mentions that it's still better than the Frankie Family running off with it. Nami asks Califa about them, and she explains that they're a group of "Ship Dismantlers".

They work as bounty hunters, capture pirates, and then take apart their ships and sell the parts. Luffy says it's no problem, since they're weaklings, but Iceberg warns him that while the subordinates are weak, their boss is not to be underestimated. Ruchie tosses Pauley back on the dock, and Hattori apologizes for the trouble they've caused. Luffy is surprised by the talking bird, and Pauley returns the money, but Ruchie smacks him around, since Pauley's the one who tried to run off with it anyway. Hattori explains that Pauley was going to steal their money and gamble it away, but Luffy's just hung up on the fact that he can talk. Pauley decides he's had enough with Ruchie and attacks him, however, Ruchie is completely unaffected by Pauley's attack.

Luffy yells at Pauley for attacking Ruchie when Hattori was the one scolding him, and at Hattori for not fighting his own fights. Hattori lands back on Ruchie's shoulder and he introduces the both of them, and Nami realizes that Ruchie's actually a ventriloquist, and Luffy and Usopp are both seriously impressed, but Pauley just thinks he's a weirdo. He then notices Nami's clothing and yells at her for showing off too much, and while Califa and Ruchie try to calm him down, Luffy comments that they're both weirdoes. They enter the number one dock, and Califa's shows them around. Luffy, impressed, asks Iceberg to join their crew, which Iceberg, naturally, declines, but he mentions that it shouldn't be hard for them to find someone skilled who wants to join them in the city.

Meanwhile, Usopp's looking around the shipyard, and he gets nabbed by the Frankie Family. Kaku returns, and everyone meets up to discuss the work, except Usopp (though since his money cases are still there, they don't think much of it). Luffy asks Kaku how much it'll cost, and how fast it can be done, and Kaku says that it CAN'T be done. No matter what they do, the Merry isn't even going to be able to make it to the next island. Back on the ship, Zoro wonders if anything can be done.

BY Captain Panda

there you a much better summary

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2004-06-25 at 16:44. Reason: spelling
Old 2004-06-25, 11:42   Link #2
LeafNinja

Yes! Lucchia and his parrot. (I've been on his bandwagon since he first appeared) Maybe Lucchi is the immovable force? i.e. he can pretty much establish himself on the spot and stand up to any punch or attack. Why Pauley would try to attack him them I have no idea... Heh.

While all three carpenters appear, it still seems like any could be in contention. It may end up introducing those final couple from that spread with the last being our new crew member.
Old 2004-06-25, 13:59   Link #3
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

I'm real grateful for the summary, but I had a little trouble reading it, do you mind breaking it up into paragraphs, or using more periods or commas, otherwise than that thanks! Glad to see that the Lucchia pwns like I thought he would, I want to hear what Kaku has to say!

Edit: I just found it that he basically said the Going Merry can't be repaired!

Last edited by |)arK_Nin; 2004-06-25 at 15:37.
Old 2004-06-25, 14:42   Link #4
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
They have a raw up on Arlong Park or here . I'm real grateful for the summary, but I had a little trouble reading it, do you mind breaking it up into paragraphs, or using more periods or commas, otherwise than that thanks! Glad to see that the Lucchia pwns like I thought he would, I want to hear what Kaku has to say!

Edit: I just found it that he basically said the Going Merry can't be repaired!!!
WTF! One piece manga is licensed, don't post links to sites who contain licensed material. You are a member for quite some time, you know the rules right? Edit!

Btw, this chapter was pretty good, that mihawk look a like is called Lue. He is so damn cool!

Last edited by Nine Devil; 2004-06-25 at 15:08.
Old 2004-06-25, 15:08   Link #5
Jacobo
Monkey

What's Rob Lucci's power? Do you think it's Devil Fruit?

Last edited by Jacobo; 2004-06-25 at 18:57.
Old 2004-06-25, 15:18   Link #6
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
WTF! One piece manga is licensed, don't post links to sites who contain licensed material. You are a member for quite some time, you know the rules right? Edit!
The fuck are you so excited about? Is it really that serious...
Old 2004-06-25, 15:22   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yes, it is if a mod sees this. Anywho, if it turns out that they're going to have to replace the going merry, then my guess is right about it having to be replaced. The question is, with what? The Going Merry is their trademark and it would be hard to find an equal replacement. I'd like to see the going merry stick around for a while longer, but then agaiin, no pirate keeps his first ship for very long. By the time they're worth big bucks, they're usualy on their 4th or 5th ship at least.
Old 2004-06-25, 15:23   Link #8
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Um, no its not.

Edit: I just woke up when I posted that lol, it probably contributed to why I had a hard time reading it and did that lil "mistake"

Last edited by |)arK_Nin; 2004-06-25 at 17:11.
Old 2004-06-25, 16:05   Link #9
LeafNinja

Even if they lose the Going Merry, I have a feeling many of the trademarks of its look will be carried over to a new ship, i.e. the orange grove, the sheep head on the bow, etc..
Old 2004-06-25, 16:19   Link #10
eLstar
(^_^)v

I think they'll keep that part for sure. They just need a bigger ship. who says that they're only gonna get ONE crew member this time? Maybe they'll get two...
Old 2004-06-25, 16:23   Link #11
dythim
dythim

The mayor was one of the greatest shipwrights in days past and thus is respected by all (his secretary says it is skill which garners respect in the town of shipwrights).
Luffy offered the Mayor the position of being the crew's shipwright, but he refused.
Old 2004-06-25, 19:00   Link #12
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by dythim
The mayor was one of the greatest shipwrights in days past and thus is respected by all (his secretary says it is skill which garners respect in the town of shipwrights).
Luffy offered the Mayor the position of being the crew's shipwright, but he refused.
Well, that's not that bad. Iceberg is a dumbass, and we have Luffy in charge of the dumbass position already Also, I don't even think he would fit the crew...

Also, why do people think Lue looks like Mihawk? I tried to look at him at every possible angle, and he looks nothing like Mihawk. He doesn't even use a mustache Maybe the "... when you think Lue resembles Mihawk" should be added to the "You know you've watched to much One Piece when..." thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
I think they'll keep that part for sure. They just need a bigger ship. who says that they're only gonna get ONE crew member this time? Maybe they'll get two...
I really don't think so. There's no necessity for more than one carpenter in the ship, after all... And it looks like they'll find no one but carpenters in Water Seven.

Well... Now that they'll probably buy a new and bigger ship, I just hope they move Luffy's sheep special seat to it But usually (at least in Shonen manga), a "genius-type" of carpenter will appear, repair the ship, and enter the crew. But I hope that doesn't happen, since even Kaku can't repair it
But I'm more interested in the deal with Robin. Who are the masked people?... Damn, can't wait for 328...
Old 2004-06-25, 20:11   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hmm, well, I've finally been able to read up through chapter 252 and I'm going to side with Kaku now on the fate of the Going Merry. After seeing the royal beating that ship has gotten so far in just this arc so far, my gauds, it's amazing that they made it out of skypie with the ship still intact. Sheesh. That ship has been battered, bruised, butchered, torched, beaten, slashed, bashed, abused, wrecked repeatedly, and god knows what else. Nope, I think we're actually going to see the Going Merry replaced here soon by a new ship cause there's not enough left of the Going Merry to salvage. If they wanted to save it, they'd have to perty much tear it apart and rebuild it from the bottom up.

Poor Going Merry. You served your time well. We'll miss you.
Old 2004-06-25, 20:18   Link #14
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, this was off to a good start of ch 327. . So I guess I technically didn't miss anything

Last edited by Kouji; 2004-06-25 at 21:41.
Old 2004-06-25, 21:12   Link #15
LeafNinja

Hey, it could be nice to kill two birds with one stone. Maybe we could get two carpenters and one of them is also a musician?

Maybe Rob, or Lue (or whatever they even settle on as the translation of his name) will play that big ass saw of his like a violin or whatever. Hey, I've seen people play saws before!
Old 2004-06-25, 21:15   Link #16
LeafNinja

You too can learn to play the saw!!!

I would totally freak if this joke actually comes to pass in the series...
Old 2004-06-25, 23:47   Link #17
dythim
dythim

There were discussions back a while ago when Oda announced that one of the characters would be ejected from One Piece in one way or another that he was actully referring to the GMG. This may be that.... o_o much painful as it might be.
Old 2004-06-26, 08:05   Link #18
hi no ken Jebus

Manga: Ch 327 Discussion[Spoiler]

I still hold my doubts on the Going Merry after all they could be trying to hussle the Straw Hats specially when they are walking around with all that money. If they do get rid of it, it was bound to happen one day it was fine when there were a small crew of people but as they grow so must the ship. Chances are it'll be similar in design just bigger like someone else said all that junk on it the tangerine grove and the ram were the trademark for them along the flag with luffy and ussop created. I doubt they will get like a big galleon or anything hardcore considering how goofy they are to begin with.

As for the business with the 8th member that is still in the air i mean usually by this time Luffy would have started his join my crew bit but he hasnt only with Iceberg and the 3 so far just dont really scream I am super special and I got some crazy dream I want to accomplish. So chances are we might meet him or her in the shipyard now.
Old 2004-06-26, 13:01   Link #19
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, something tells me that they're going to end up getting a "Going Merry 2" of sorts here soon. Maybe one of the shiprights knows of a small, fast, highly maneuverable ship that would fit the bill for what they need and give them that in trade since there's not a whole heck of a lot left of the GM. Plus I agree with Dythim, GM is technically considered a charecter, if only an inanimate one. So if one of the main charecters has to go, then I'd rather it be GM than anybody on the crew. Especially the 4 strongest. Loosing any of them at this point would be bad.

EDIT: The more I think about this the more curious I'm becoming of what ODA has in store. I normally really hate to bug the guys I know in Japan who are "insiders" of sorts into all of what's going on in the anime/manga industry (think of it like using points on a favors system. The less I bug them, the less I use up those points. ) as I prefer to save my "bugging" them for really important stuff. However, this is starting to fall into that catagory. I'm gonna think on this a bit and decide if I want to actually have them find out what Oda is up to. Anyone else want me to do this or should I save pestering them for another day for something else a bit more important?

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2004-06-26 at 13:12.
Old 2004-06-26, 19:28   Link #20
eLstar
(^_^)v

Ah but you have automatically thought we'd have two carpenters. I never said that. I'm just saying maybe we might have two. There's always a possibility to snag one of the so called "bad guys" along for the ride. at the rate One Piece is going, they'll only get their last crew member near the end of the series. I'mt hinking the musician will be last, while a shipwright and something else is next.
Closed Thread