AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-07-17, 02:07   Link #1321
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
seriously if it wasnt for hinagiku i would have thrown ep 16 into the bin...
Yup if not becuz of hina, seriously ep 16 would really sux real bad. First time I fast forward for hayate no gotoku. Those random fillerish material really did nothing for me.
Old 2007-07-17, 03:30   Link #1322
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I could've lived without the ending filler by Klaus, thank you very much... It's like they had 2/3 of an episode, then did filler to kill time for the butler network segment.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I guess it's also a way to save on their animation budget, since most of those short segments in the last 1/3 of the episode were either repeating or pretty simple. The first two-thirds was good enough to make up for it in my book, but I wish they were able to make the short segments (and the butler network segment) funnier. I'd rather have seen them throw in the bonus pages from the manga where Saki tells her life story in two pages and Wataru makes fun of her
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 03:36   Link #1323
Fudce
Nishizawa Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I hope you wont mind.. but I played with it a bit >.<
knock youself out
Old 2007-07-17, 03:41   Link #1324
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I hope you wont mind.. but I played with it a bit >.<
Is that Hayate plush doll Hina's hugging? lucky girl!
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 03:54   Link #1325
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow...That is such a good picture. It's so cute.

Anyways, I enjoyed the "fillers" as what everyone calls it. It gave me Bleach vibes and was actually funny to me, but that's just how I interpreted it.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 04:27   Link #1326
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I don't really mind fillers, I just can't stand those fillers that just puts together random scenes and releases it....... Too much randomness confuses the heck out of me....
Old 2007-07-17, 05:22   Link #1327
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 16

Oh come on, the random wasn't too bad...

Yeah, the last couple of eps have been a little below par. I don't think it's quite reason to panic just yet. My prediction is, once the plot picks up a bit of pace again, the comedy should improve, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 05:39   Link #1328
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Sorrow-K is right. This anime has 52 episodes and it's going to be a miracle if every single one of them is hilariously funny roflmao choking on spit. People seem to love the ending portion of this episode but I kinda don't get it. Can someone explain?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 06:04   Link #1329
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I dunno, i found the random to be pretty amazing --- hopefully its not something that happens every week, though it had me laughing.

Glad to see Himuro is still wonderful. Just his stance makes him such an awesome character. I hope it doesn't take to long until he appears again. & thank you Fudce for posting a full version of Katsura with doll. A doll we need to go on sale.
Old 2007-07-17, 06:10   Link #1330
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Is that Hayate plush doll Hina's hugging? lucky girl!
she did say this though

as for the "fillers" ~ i guess i can stand it if they did it once more but from me it would be 3 strikes and your out

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 06:25   Link #1331
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

What annoys me most is that they put the fillers in a ep that was dedicated to hina.... To think that if they didn't add that 1/3 filler we could of had 1/3 longer time of hina goodness... UNFORGIVABLE! I don't even know how long it will be before we get another Hina ep... If only she could be the main heroine..
Old 2007-07-17, 06:30   Link #1332
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
What annoys me most is that they put the fillers in a ep that was dedicated to hina
What?

She's been in an amount of episodes, this time doesn't mean it was a episode dedicated to her.

Though i wish it was.
Old 2007-07-17, 06:34   Link #1333
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
What annoys me most is that they put the fillers in a ep that was dedicated to hina.... To think that if they didn't add that 1/3 filler we could of had 1/3 longer time of hina goodness... UNFORGIVABLE! I don't even know how long it will be before we get another Hina ep... If only she could be the main heroine..
How was this episode about Hinagiku, though? It was more about the relationship between Hinagiku, Hayate and Nagi than anything else. Hell, if there was a single character that got center stage in this ep, it was Hayate, not Hinagiku... but I still think this was more of a relationship development episode than a character development episode.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 06:47   Link #1334
Fudce
Nishizawa Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Sorrow-K is right. This anime has 52 episodes and it's going to be a miracle if every single one of them is hilariously funny roflmao choking on spit. People seem to love the ending portion of this episode but I kinda don't get it. Can someone explain?
Some of the humour used in the last bit of the episode is an aquired taste. Some people love it, some don't. You just need to look at the "food" scene in episode 1 of Lucky Star, or the "Yuki in clubroom" scene in episode 14 of Haruhi to see other such scenes that have split opinion.
I was lol-ing at the scenes in this ep with isumi in the train, not doing anything, and with Nagi reading her manga. Nothing happened, and that in itself was the joke! In a series as manic as Hayate the Combat Butler, you expect something to happen, but it doesn't.
Old 2007-07-17, 07:06   Link #1335
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
How was this episode about Hinagiku, though? It was more about the relationship between Hinagiku, Hayate and Nagi than anything else. Hell, if there was a single character that got center stage in this ep, it was Hayate, not Hinagiku... but I still think this was more of a relationship development episode than a character development episode.
I agree with you the episode alone was not about Hinagiku but the relationships between the 3. The fact that Nagi mentioned before that she didnt join the Kendo club was because she realized she could never be like Hinagiku is another plot device. Also, its very obvious that Nagi looks up to her who else could get away with smacking her on the head like that. Hinagiku is defiently thinks Hayate is an interesting person i dont want to use the word crush i think at this point its a little strong. But watching how this trio grows throught he series will be fun and hella funny.

The Down, Diagonal back, back reference to Ken and Ryu's Hurrican kick was so damn funny.

Not to mention how Nagi's eyes lit through the entire episode refrencing fighting games to and ultimate moves. I was hoping to hear a reference to Hayabusa's moves from DOA that would have been perfect.
Old 2007-07-17, 08:30   Link #1336
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
To be honest I never got any of the references this episode, the only one I understood was the hurricane kick as posted above. I wanna see an episode dedicated to Maria as I really like Maria as much as Hina
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 09:37   Link #1337
archanfels

33% of Ep 16 fail.

This is not AzuDai/Lucky Star/SHnY, and Nagi/Isumi is not Osaka/Konata/Nagato. They have their own charms but trying to pull something random and be funny like the former three, their character just can't cut it. And the Claus part deserves whatever flame/bashing it gets and more.

That said, there's still many good things to look foward to in this series, mainly Hina related. (No, I didn't say that cuz I'm a Hina fanboi, she got more popularity votes than 2nd 3rd places combined for a reason, in a way a failure to balance characters on the author's part if you ask me)
archanfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 10:39   Link #1338
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
To be honest I never got any of the references this episode, the only one I understood was the hurricane kick as posted above.
I didn't get most of them either because most of them are based on regular japanese tv programs. But you didn't get the "Autobots, transform and roll out!" reference?
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 11:01   Link #1339
Mentorian
Matsuri

Of course the question is whether Hina has 151.58 million yen to pay for Hayate's debt to both Nagi and Wataru. If it is Hayate X Hina pairing, then I doubt Nagi would be that generous to write-off that "investment."

Incidentally, Kendo's men (helmet) does smell horrible. That's why you should air them after you finished using them.
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 11:08   Link #1340
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Am I the only one who's getting tired of all this "Milady, Hayate" drama? ><
Zarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp