AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 04:58   Link #1421
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I'll never understand the appeal of flat-chested, loli tsunderes who behave like elementary school girls... Probably why I stopped watching anime regularly.

Kinji is a very good character, not the run-of-the-mill type.
Aria on the other hand... a big minus, I find myself rolling my eyes and waiting for her screentime to end.
I like Shirayuki, and not simply because she has yandere tendencies.
Riko is also a plus.

So basically my main problem with this series is Rie Kugimiya in her patented annoying tsundere role. It's too bad she's also the principal love interest.
Mmmm, I like more "mature" Tsundere in general (which I havent seen much of lately )

Shirayuki got a Yuno gaze going on there, +10!

Just watched ep2, I don't know why I like this show, but whatever, I'll just roll with it

Really liking Kinji as a character, largely because he isn't stupid, and has reason to his actions (or lack thereof).

Aria isn't really bugging me like some other, not really sure why, the bathroom scene seemed kinda forced...

Shirayuki is gaining points. see above

I'm wondering if there's a secret to Riko we don't know yet.

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2011-04-22 at 05:49.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 06:27   Link #1422
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Louise, practically obbligated Saito to be her dog, and disobey this would have costed him his life (no food).
Thats not Louise's problem as a tsundere but nobles problem as social class. All nobles treated commoners like that. Heck even in our human history if you were to turn back time you would see the same thing.

It takes time for louise to breka out of her social class thinking but she does. And she indeed is nice to Saito when he does not flirt... The problem is that Saito flirts and chases boobs almost every freaking time and Louise's jealousy explodes.

She is however the most devoted tsundere out of the four as she is willing to give everything (her life, nobility, family, country) for the sake of Saito later on.

Quote:
Taiga, well, she is a little more mature, but still calls Ryuuji a dog and rages every time he asks about her feelings or something like that.
I would not call Taiga more mature. Shje was annoying brat, for quite some time and turned into moe-blob later. Didnt see much of maturity except for last two episodes.

Quote:
Nagi, well I never really got in to Hayate no Gotoku, so I can't really say anything about her.
Well Nagi is more of an ojousama child. Besides she has another tsundere to compete with - Hinagikku and Hina usually steals all tsundere thunder as Nagi is not usually Hayate's romance target.

Quote:
Shana, got the reason to threat Yuji as a thing, but even after this she still hides her feelings and acts cold at him too.
Shana opens up more than any of the mentioned tsunderes but the problem is that lingering love triangle keeps her on the edge.

Quote:
Now to Aria, she indeed gets some unreasonable rages by times when she is actually the one that puts herselft in a bad situation or rushes to wrong conclussions, but as far as I get it she is the most easy-going tsundere from this whole.
Yes Aria seems like the most civil from them all despite her few rage fits of tsun.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 06:37   Link #1423
Dahak86
Classics never age

I'll just leave these here =>

Spoiler for urusai, urusai, urusai:

aah, Baka-Kinji -->
yeah... I guess I'm gonna call him like that from now on, just for fun. -- too bad it rhymes with Baka-Shinji, but oh well...
Old 2011-04-22, 07:37   Link #1424
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Agniese was actually enjoyable, even though she was pounding Touma for a bit. Yukimura managed to steer out of the stereotype by mid-season too.

However, Aria is Shana with a pistol, hook, line and sinker... which is why I facepalmed at it. All that effort to break free from an annoying flat chest has been for nothing now.
You have to understand kha, there's a big difference between a "Kugimiya-Loli" and a "Loli voiced by Kugimiya"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 08:31   Link #1425
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
why was Rie as the tsundere girl always a minus? You know. We've been using J.C staff girls voiced by Rie as comparison but first of all I didn't understand why we are doing it. Aside that it's kinda fun and all but kinda enigmatic for me.
It's the fad. It's not something you question; you merely accept it :P.

Seriously, I tend to think that it's because they're very similar to each other. I mean, we could use Ayana Taketatsu for example, but the tsundere roles that I know she plays are either fairly entertaining chars(like Mio/MM!) or in one case, a bitch far worse than anything Kugiyama's ever done(you know who I'm talking about >=0[).
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 09:03   Link #1426
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I'll just leave these here =>

Spoiler for urusai, urusai, urusai:

aah, Baka-Kinji -->
yeah... I guess I'm gonna call him like that from now on, just for fun. -- too bad it rhymes with Baka-Shinji, but oh well...
theres a portion thats dead...

but the yandere shirayuki closing door just made my day... in both ZOMGITSAYANDEREMIKO! and the lulz of kinji not seeing it.
Old 2011-04-22, 11:42   Link #1427
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I decided to stop watching the episode after the dumbass thought it would be a good idea to try and rumage through her clothes when she could easily open the door. There's just far too many other anime i have to see.

DROPPED.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:44   Link #1428
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I decided to stop watching the episode after the dumbass thought it would be a good idea to try and rumage through her clothes when she could easily open the door.

DROPPED.
He would have succeeded had he not been forced to waste time with Shirayuki. I don't understand how trying to disarm your "opponent" before a fight begins is a bad thing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:53   Link #1429
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Because he couldn't be sure she'd go apeshit just learning he'd come back earlier than expected. Rifling through her clothes while she bathed, though...

My plan would have involved not being there at all: quickly hide the food in the kitchen and ask Shirayuki out to a family resto or something.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:59   Link #1430
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because he couldn't be sure she'd go apeshit just learning he'd come back earlier than expected. Rifling through her clothes while she bathed, though...

My plan would have involved not being there at all: quickly hide the food in the kitchen and ask Shirayuki out to a family resto or something.
That'll probably lead to Aria searching for you, then finding you and Shirayuki at the family restaurant then things will sprawl
Old 2011-04-22, 12:03   Link #1431
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
This show keeps me entertained so I'll keep watching it, although it's mostly for the moment when Shinrayuki and Aria meet. That's gotta be hillarious.

Silaqui.
Old 2011-04-22, 12:06   Link #1432
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That'll probably lead to Aria searching for you, then finding you and Shirayuki at the family restaurant then things will sprawl
Yeah that's probably true. Possibly the best option would be to just sneak into the main room, watch some TV, and act shocked that she was taking a bath. You had no idea . Could still go bad, but better than going through her stuff when she could pop out of there at any moment.
Old 2011-04-22, 12:09   Link #1433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah that's probably true. Possibly the best option would be to just sneak into the main room, watch some TV, and act shocked that she was taking a bath. You had no idea . Could still go bad, but better than going through her stuff when she could pop out of there at any moment.
That said, I have to give him credit for being 'pro-active', and trying to level the playing field, even if it did end in a mission failure.

It's the thought that counts!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:18   Link #1434
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, I have to give him credit for being 'pro-active', and trying to level the playing field, even if it did end in a mission failure.

It's the thought that counts!
Now if only she appreciated that pro-active thinking .
Old 2011-04-22, 12:31   Link #1435
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
This show keeps me entertained so I'll keep watching it, although it's mostly for the moment when Shinrayuki and Aria meet. That's gotta be hillarious.

Silaqui.
It will be dangerous!
Old 2011-04-22, 12:32   Link #1436
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It will be dangerous!
Yandere vs Tsundere in a weapon fight? Ehh..... I'll have to pray for Aria's safety against Shirayuki then...
Old 2011-04-22, 12:35   Link #1437
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Yandere vs Tsundere in a weapon fight? Ehh..... I'll have to pray for Aria's safety against Shirayuki then...
it happened in v2... it will happen here... and lets just say if a tsundere and yandere meet...

untold damage will be had.... UNTOLD!!!!!
Old 2011-04-22, 12:38   Link #1438
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And then I'd have Shirayuki to help arrest her for assault (plenty of witnesses, too). Hell, at that point, it was still vaguely possible she'd back off if she thought Kinji had a girlfriend. (OK, no, but Kinji didn't know that.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:39   Link #1439
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
That could get pretty bad . Though when it comes to straight up fights Aria is pretty capable so think she'd find a way to get through it. Be kind of funny to see how Kinji's Hysteria Mode would react to that situation.
Old 2011-04-22, 12:42   Link #1440
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this show is sooooooo prototypical. i guess that's what makes it enjoyable.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere