Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-07, 04:15   Link #2921
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
What makes you think you'll get hated for that?
...It implies that I a) have been seeing a girl who is cute enough to make other girls squee over her and b) have managed to get said girl to wear cat ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@0utf0xZer0

Pics or GTFO.

Sent via PM since she's an AS member, shy, and therefore might not like having her picture posted in the forum dating thread. As you can see however, there is indeed ample photographic evidence of her cuteness.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 04:28   Link #2922
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
...It implies that I a) have been seeing a girl who is cute enough to make other girls squee over her and b) have managed to get said girl to wear cat ears.

Sent via PM since she's an AS member, shy, and therefore might not like having her picture posted in the forum dating thread. As you can see however, there is indeed ample photographic evidence of her cuteness.

Okay. I am willing to corroborate 0utf0xZer0's claims about his date.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 04:46   Link #2923
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten

Well, I believe when I speak on behalf of all AnimeSuki members that we are a respectable bunch that won't hate each other.
Old 2010-02-07, 04:48   Link #2924
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's the people that make the forums, not the other way round...there's always a hater in the mass :P
Still, I believe he was jesting, at least the general discussion forum is mature enough to get over most things. Oh, and one last thing...
Quote:
ample photographic evidence of her cuteness.
Do want *_*
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 04:54   Link #2925
Habhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I've got pics of me with cat ears =P I don't see anyone squealing over those except my GF xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Do want *_*
Agreed. =P
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 05:14   Link #2926
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Well, Valentine's is 7 days away (huh? My phone doesn't have the word Valentine in the predictive dictionary?)

I found some cute anime Valentine's day ecard pictures from a website called theOtaku (google it, because I can't be bothered writing out (yes, I gotta write them out manually) BBCode tags). I'm going to send them to my girlfriend over MMS.
Old 2010-02-07, 05:24   Link #2927
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Get a PC
On the topic of Valentine's, I always found gifts received in person to be best, maybe all the e-spam has reduced my attention. Do you think that a valentine's gift is a good way to start a relationship?
Old 2010-02-07, 06:10   Link #2928
Animelover#1
Kouta...

For everyone who posted something for me, thank you , Sorry - I'm too lazy to reply to them, I let the posts build up for too long .
But I value all your opinions and read them all

However I must make some things clear, I don't want a relationship merely to pull me out of lonliness, I was merely stating that it Would/Could pull me out of lonliness. I want a lady for good, and not just some object to throw away when I'm 'bored of her'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
orly...

>.>;

<.<;
I have to admit, that made me laugh.
You crack me up ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@0utf0xZer0

Pics or GTFO.

Agree whole-heartedly, send me those pics

From radiantbeam:
""the next card to be dealt" as you put it. Doing that will only put you on edge and make the current situation you're in much worse."

I was merely refering to the way things swing. I wasn't stating anything, really.... (also it sounded pretty cool - I like quotes.)
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 06:20   Link #2929
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
^ Get a PC
Oh thank you for your kind words . It's more convenient, though. If I need to access the internet, I don't have to age another year booting up my computer.
Quote:
On the topic of Valentine's, I always found gifts received in person to be best, maybe all the e-spam has reduced my attention. Do you think that a valentine's gift is a good way to start a relationship?
I'd buy her a box of chocolates (there was a big box, the size of an A2 sheet of paper, about AU$20. It was Ferrero Rocher), but remember, I'm a high-school student still living at home and without a job.

I'd say Valentine's isn't a bad idea to tell someone you like them. Hell, probably the best time to tell them.
Old 2010-02-07, 06:48   Link #2930
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It's more convenient, though.
Whatever works for you then^^
Quote:
'd buy her a box of chocolates (there was a big box, the size of an A2 sheet of paper, about AU$20. It was Ferrero Rocher), but remember, I'm a high-school student still living at home and without a job.
I'd send her a hand-made card, college students also got no job
Old 2010-02-07, 06:59   Link #2931
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
I'd try, but I'm no good at arts and crafts.
Old 2010-02-07, 07:44   Link #2932
Habhome

Quote:
Whatever works for you then^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
I'd try, but I'm no good at arts and crafts.
Hand-made stuff ftw. For Christmas I gave my gf a hand made jewelery set made out of red string. Quite symbolic if you know of a certain Japanese legend.

And Haru, it's not very hard to craft a simple thing. Just read a tutorial, fail a few times and then make it ^^ That's how I made the jewelery, though I have to admit to being quite nimble with my fingers.
Old 2010-02-07, 08:00   Link #2933
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Paperwork's easy if you spend some time on it, I've never made accessories though...still only buying all sorts of bracelents, pendants, earrings and keychains
Thinking about it maybe I COULD make some sort of copper trinket, but with my current skill and equipment it would take forever to finish...
Quote:
For Christmas I gave my gf a hand made jewelery set made out of red string.
How long did that take? :O
Old 2010-02-07, 09:28   Link #2934
Habhome

Quote:
Paperwork's easy if you spend some time on it, I've never made accessories though...still only buying all sorts of bracelents, pendants, earrings and keychains
Thinking about it maybe I COULD make some sort of copper trinket, but with my current skill and equipment it would take forever to finish...

How long did that take? :O
Not sure, about an hour or two of experimentation and practice on how to entwine the strings and see what resulting patterns you got.

Then it might have taken an hour to make the bodies out of the string, and in total 2-3 hours of gluing and soldering for the clasps and such.

It isn't the making which takes the longest, it's figuring out how to actually do it. I spent many hours just developing it in my head and trying different ideas.

But the result was amazing. The jewelery was plain and not very good looking, but my girlfriend loved them just because I had made them with my own two hands, and really put some thought behind it. Now she wears at least one piece of the set every day I think.
Old 2010-02-07, 11:13   Link #2935
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

*yawn* okay...I'll get some stuff together if I can, and...*yawn*...figure...something...

(bad dream+headache=crude awakening at 3AM)
Old 2010-02-07, 19:38   Link #2936
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It really shouldn't surprise me, after all RB is the Harem Mistress...
Old 2010-02-07, 23:05   Link #2937
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It really shouldn't surprise me, after all RB is the Harem Mistress...
Reverend Harem Mistress, actually. And only in the Nanoha section.

And seems I'm back to the old "observe the boys but don't feel like approaching them" mindset. Baaaaaaaaaaaah.
Old 2010-02-07, 23:08   Link #2938
Seitsuki
Onee!

oh.. just.. boys? again?

*wistfully looks into the sunset*
Old 2010-02-08, 00:46   Link #2939
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I just noticed the Evanescence lyric in your sig, RB. I'm so quick on the uptake! People should call me Quicky Controversy. Wait, no, that's actually quite terrible.

Moving right along, something that I've been considering is the importance of empathy and what forms it takes. I think we can mostly agree here that being able to identify with someone's emotions is foundational to a relationship, as it pertains to both positive and negative ones.

But what about the way in which that empathy is expressed? When your partner is receiving your emotions, do you like them to respond to your expression of them in kind, or is it enough just to know that your feelings resonate with them, even if they show it differently? I've noticed some people seem to take deep offense if they're feeling sad or angry or what have you and their partner's mood remains light. So what do you all think?
Old 2010-02-08, 01:26   Link #2940
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think age is an important factor on this one: I assume that younger couples would want to express themselves more, probably to erase any doubts about the state of their relationship, or to show that their partner certainly cares,etc. but after a few years being able to read the situation and act accordingly may be more appreciated, in a connection where words are no longer needed...for example one could shout about something they knew was wrong of them, so if the other reacted to that it could be taken as a sign of weakness and were expected to stay calm and forgive the former.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom