AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-02, 04:11   Link #261
hai_san

Kakashi wasn't the youngest anbu captain, it was Itachi at the age of 12.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 06:43   Link #262
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

A simple answer to this question is: Yes.

Kakashi has been noted as the most skilled Shinobi in the village earlier on in the series, and also Tsunade makes him her first pick for the next hokage in the case that she dies.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 07:56   Link #263
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Agreed. Additionally, he has several requirements already fulfilled. These aren't actually written down anywhere, but he does share some attributes Sandaime could be known for. Namely the fact that Kakashi has knowledge of over 1000 jutsu, something Sandaime was also known for. He has amazing leadership and analytical skills, which is essential for running an entire village. Additionally, because he is young, I believe he still has quite a bit of room for improvement. Imho, Kakashi is even skilled enough to take on Shinobi such as Sasori and we've seen him up against Deidara. With more training, and placing more focus on increasing his stamina and thus, his chakra, he could become far more formidable than he already is.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 08:37   Link #264
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

But how does someone train like that does he just creat 2 kage bunshins use jutsus until he is wiped out and do it every day until his chakra levels are higher?
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 09:07   Link #265
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

I wouldn't know. Think of ways to increase your stamina, because that's where Chakra comes from. Kakashi would be perfect if he had more of that. I would guess physical training would be of help, so serious sparring sessions with Gai would help considering they're rivals. To me, that's the only thing he needs to do pronto imho.
Old 2008-04-03, 06:04   Link #266
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

Kakashi has many abilities that makes him a better hokage than tsunade but he has some weakness also. The Primary weakness is not his stamina but the sharingan which consumes too much chakra and his stamina. That being said it is also his advantage. With his sharingan he could take on most nin's except the uchiha's, top akatsuki's. His tactical,strategic aspects are above average which could rival even sikamaru and his working with ANBU adds experience to these.

If we compare him to the 3rd's battle against orochimaru, if kakashi was a hokage he could have acted differently based on the situation or totally prevented the event itself. If we consider konoha village as a castle ( heavily fortified...no one is allowed inside/outside without authorization) then 3rd, ANBU's have already failed in preventing the intrusion by orochimaru,sand. Orochimaru outwitted both the sand and konoha, not only sneaking inside konoha but also turning konoha into a battlefield.

Since from now on there will be more powerful enemies than orochimaru If Kakashi ended up fighting one on one with the opponent of Top Akatsuki level nins he would get killed or end in hospital (due to exhaustion---fighting against kisame,pain etc...).

But if we consider Kakashi with ANBU, Various clans, All Potenial Konoha ninja's under his command he would surpass Tsunade or even 3rd (in his old age ie..after 4th death) in strategic capabilities and would even successfully win a war. My conclusion is Kakashi is more than capable of becoming a Hokage but he needs to address his weakness. that is he needs to get Stronger.
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 06:11   Link #267
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

I agree with everything you said there. The Sharingan does act as a double-edged sword for Kakashi, but there's really nothing he can do about it specifically. I'm pretty sure Kakashi can do all the things you mentioned and that is why he's the top candidate for Hokage imo. But with more chakra, the Sharingan won't drain him quite as easily as it normally does.
Old 2008-04-03, 11:07   Link #268
vision55

Hokage does not mean a whole lot anymore once shippuuden started....but to answer the question:

Yeah he knows a lot of jutsus....plus he cares for the village.....so my vote is that he is at Hokage lvl, but if he was to be Hokage he would be the weakest Hokage EVER from any village. Sad but true.....I do not even see the Third losing to him at his old age...if he was alive......
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:35   Link #269
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
Hokage does not mean a whole lot anymore once shippuuden started....but to answer the question:

Yeah he knows a lot of jutsus....plus he cares for the village.....so my vote is that he is at Hokage lvl, but if he was to be Hokage he would be the weakest Hokage EVER from any village. Sad but true.....I do not even see the Third losing to him at his old age...if he was alive......
It would take 5 mins or less for Minato to kill Kakashi same with Shodai, Nidaime, Sarutobi, Jiraiya and Orochimaru
Old 2008-04-03, 13:16   Link #270
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
It would take 5 mins or less for Minato to kill Kakashi same with Shodai, Nidaime, Sarutobi, Jiraiya and Orochimaru
OMG, sorry, but you donīt seem to read the manga carefully...

NOONE can defeat Kakashi in 5 mins. Actually Iīm starting to doubt if Oro or Sarutobi would even defeat him at all...

Kakashi is Hokage Level, and he was kage level right from the beginning of the series...if anyone has another opinion about this point, he really doesnīt understand the type of charakter, Kakashi is.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 13:22   Link #271
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post

NOONE can defeat Kakashi in 5 mins. Actually Iīm starting to doubt if Oro or Sarutobi would even defeat him at all...

Kakashi is Hokage Level, and he was kage level right from the beginning of the series...if anyone has another opinion about this point, he really doesnīt understand the type of charakter, Kakashi is.
That is completely and totally false, Before the time skip, Kakashi was seen as an individual that, while powerful, did not train tot he extent of his full capabilities. He specifically mentioned twice (after the first Zabuza fight, and after he net Orochimaru) that he needs to train. He was not Kage level at all, before the time-skip.

Now, he is closer than ever to Hokage-level, but he should still wait a few years. He is definetly has Kage-level chakra reserves and chakra control. He is also very similiar to the Third, in the respect that he is a great all-around Shinobi. But, besides that, I figure two or three more years will definetly put him at his top physical peak, and that is when he should assume the title of Hokage, when he is actually at his strongest. If he assumed the title now, then he would not have time to train to get stronger.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 13:26   Link #272
ZGoten
Custom User Title

No, I just donīt agree with that.
In my opinion he has always been kage level. Him stating he needs to train doesnīt change anything about this fact.

EDIT: To say it one more time: I believe Kakashi hasnīt shown what he is really capable of, yet.
Old 2008-04-03, 13:33   Link #273
james0246

Quote:
No, I just donīt agree with that.
In my opinion he has always been kage level. Him stating he needs to train doesnīt change anything about this fact.
Zabuza was not even Kage-level when he was kicked out of Mist, and Kakashi had a hard time with him. He literally froze-up when Orochimaru simply talked to him. I am sorry, but Kakashi was not Kage-level pre-Time Skip. Presently, he is extremely close.
Old 2008-04-03, 13:45   Link #274
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Zabuza was not even Kage-level when he was kicked out of Mist, and Kakashi had a hard time with him. He literally froze-up when Orochimaru simply talked to him. I am sorry, but Kakashi was not Kage-level pre-Time Skip. Presently, he is extremely close.
Kakashi didnīt have a hard time at all. Maybe in their first battle, when he underestimated Zabuza. However during the second fight, Kakashi was just playing around with Zabuza, until he had to finish it.
About Orochimaru you are right...but Oro is a ninja who literally outclassed sarutobi pre-time skip.
Believe me, there are several Kages and Kage level nins in narutoverse who would shit their pants while facing Oro.
Post time skip I think Kakashi is really close to Oroīs power, since Kakashi greately improved and Orochimaru didnīt have the opportunity to become stronger...

I know I am the "outsider" with having this opinion about Kakashi, but...somewhen youīll see.^^
Old 2008-04-03, 14:00   Link #275
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

james is right. Kakashi was powerless when confronted by Orochimaru. Additionally, let's try putting Kakashi against Tsunade, the current Hokage, as they are at present.

Kakashi

Pros:
- Knows over 1000 jutsus
- The Sharingan allows him to imitate virtually any technique Tsunade may use except for her summonings as they require a blood contract.
- Admirable analytical skills and cunning strategist
- His mask holds a great many secrets

Cons:
- Weak on chakra
- The Sharingan drains him easily
- It takes him too long to activate the MS for it to be used effectively without providing some sort of diversion to distract Tsunade

Tsunade

Pros:
- Insane strength
- Incredibly skilled healer, so much that she can heal even lethal wounds Kakashi may inflict on her
- The Giant Slug
- Insanely huge breasts (Kabuto can tell you more about them)

Cons:
- None that I can tell

Now I wouldn't put Tsunade on a hand to hand match with Kakashi. They're both pretty experienced in Taijutsu, and I'd even say Tsunade is even more experienced. Her strength goes hand in hand with close combat, but Kakashi's Sharingan could easily turn that around. Her strength won't come to anything if Kakashi can slip through her attacks by predicting them. There's also Raikiri to worry about. Tsunade could heal herself once from it but I doubt she could do it again.

However, she can always summon her slug, and I don't see Kakashi getting out of that one very easily considering he hasn't summoned a creature as large as her slug to date. Getting on the slug and try taking her from up close would be a bad idea because the slug can split into hundreds of small slugs that could practically bury him in slime, leaving him open to another attack.

Right now, I don't quite see Kakashi powerful enough to even take on who might have been the weakest of the three Sennin, much less taking on Orochimaru and winning before the time-skip. He's close to Hokage as he is now, but as James said, he should have another couple of years give or take.

Quote:
About Orochimaru you are right...but Oro is a ninja who literally outclassed sarutobi pre-time skip.
Believe me, there are several Kages and Kage level nins in narutoverse who would shit their pants while facing Oro.
Post time skip I think Kakashi is really close to Oroīs power, since Kakashi greately improved and Orochimaru didnīt have the opportunity to become stronger...

I know I am the "outsider" with having this opinion about Kakashi, but...somewhen youīll see.^^
Sarutobi took Orochimaru's arms. I wouldn't really say Sandaime had been wtfpwnd. After the skip, Kakashi was pretty close, but as I've explained above, I doubt he'd still be on par with him.
Old 2008-04-03, 14:56   Link #276
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:

Are you talking about the same Minato as me? Because Minato was the one to develop the rasengan, was known as the Yellow Flash and the greatest Hokage and greatest ninja Konoha has ever produced, he developed shiki fuujin and Hiraishin, sealed the 9 tails and split it into two chakra types: yin and yang and he was so feared they were told to flee on sight if they see him. I'm sorry if you are a Kakashi fanboy but Minato will wtfpwn Kakashi, I mean if he can't keep up with Itachi's speed or Sasuke's speed (Don't know yet) then he has no chance against the 4th and to add to that he could use a Hiraishin+Rasengan combo against Kakashi. And check again because Itachi Tsuyokomied Kakashi's ass in less than 5 minutes and Minato probably surpassed his teacher Jiraiya and don't forget that Itachi said that 2-1 will probably end in a draw.
Old 2008-04-03, 15:06   Link #277
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Yes, I am talking about this Minato.
Itachi pwnd Kakashi back then but he wouldnīt be able to do it post time skip.

You donīt have to be sorry for my fanboyism.
Old 2008-04-03, 22:57   Link #278
Last of the Uchihas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
james is right. Kakashi was powerless when confronted by Orochimaru. Additionally, let's try putting Kakashi against Tsunade, the current Hokage, as they are at present.

Kakashi

Pros:
- Knows over 1000 jutsus
- The Sharingan allows him to imitate virtually any technique Tsunade may use except for her summonings as they require a blood contract.
- Admirable analytical skills and cunning strategist
- His mask holds a great many secrets

Cons:
- Weak on chakra
has enough chakra to take out anybody, unless their names happen to be Uchiha or Pein.

Quote:
- The Sharingan drains him easily
that was during the pretimeskip. Post timeskip, it was shown that he could maintain the sharingan active a whole day.

Quote:
- It takes him too long to activate the MS for it to be used effectively without providing some sort of diversion to distract Tsunade
He was able to hit Deidara while being far from him and moving at a fast speed.

Tsunade

Pros:
- Insane strength [/quote]

which won't help her, since she is not fast enough to hit Kkaashi, not to mention, Kakashi would see her attack coming.

Quote:
- Incredibly skilled healer, so much that she can heal even lethal wounds Kakashi may inflict on her
i would like for her to heal, when Kakashi chop off her head like he did to Kakuzu with his raikiri, or heal up after Kakashi send her head or any other limb to another dimension.

Quote:
- The Giant Slug
did you see what Sasuke's sharingan did to Manda?

Quote:
- Insanely huge breasts (Kabuto can tell you more about them)

Cons:
- None that I can tell
i just said it.

Quote:
Now I wouldn't put Tsunade on a hand to hand match with Kakashi. They're both pretty experienced in Taijutsu, and I'd even say Tsunade is even more experienced. Her strength goes hand in hand with close combat, but Kakashi's Sharingan could easily turn that around. Her strength won't come to anything if Kakashi can slip through her attacks by predicting them. There's also Raikiri to worry about. Tsunade could heal herself once from it but I doubt she could do it again.

However, she can always summon her slug, and I don't see Kakashi getting out of that one very easily considering he hasn't summoned a creature as large as her slug to date. Getting on the slug and try taking her from up close would be a bad idea because the slug can split into hundreds of small slugs that could practically bury him in slime, leaving him open to another attack.

Right now, I don't quite see Kakashi powerful enough to even take on who might have been the weakest of the three Sennin, much less taking on Orochimaru and winning before the time-skip. He's close to Hokage as he is now, but as James said, he should have another couple of years give or take.
i remember, when people used the exact same excuse that Itachi was weaker than the Sannin, simply because he didn't have a summon as big as the Sannin.

As Itachi and Sasuke prove, you don't need a huge summon to defeat a Sannin
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 00:20   Link #279
james0246

First of all, I have to say that we have never actually seen Tsunade fight, so we are relatively unsure of her actual strength (strength in this case refers to her overall abilities, how fast she, her stamina, how hard her punches are, her elemental affinity, any strange summoning abilities she may have, any jutsu she may have etc. all add up to her strength, and almost all of them are currently unknown), unlike with Kakashi who we have seen fight multiple times throughtout the series. So, it is hard to do an actual vs. match between the two since Tsunade is similiar to Itachi in the respect that her abilities will not be fully know until she is in a true life or death battle. So, unlike, say Kakashi vs. Sasuke, it is very hard to actually specualte the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchihas View Post
Tsunade

Pros:
- Insane strength

which won't help her, since she is not fast enough to hit Kkaashi, not to mention, Kakashi would see her attack coming.
The real question is: Do you really think that a Shinobi that has been active for 45 or more years would have such an obvious weakness as being slow? That is just foolish. If she were a genin, what you say may be true, but she is a once elite jounin, now hokage. She would never have such an obvious weakness. So, there are only two options: 1) she has developed a fight style that can account for faster opponents; 2) she is actually fast.

1) If Tsunade had simple advanced strength like Gai, you would be correct. But, her strength is superhuman and is more of an area of effect type power than a simple strength issue. Specifically, one of the two times we have seen her use her strength (against Naruto when she was extremely drunk and etrememly out-of-shape Chapter 159) she literally splits the ground for about 5 meters long and 2 meters deep. With her finger. Speed does not matter if one missed punch can literally destroy the area around where your opponent is standing. She accounts for her opponents speed by having almost pure strength needed to bridge that gap by destroying the area in which a person can move around (i.e. it is hard to move around at gret speeds when you do not have a solid surface to move around on).

2) It is possible that Tsunade is actually fast. If you will recall, after she became serious in the Sannin battle, she was moving around at great speed, effectively moving from place to place in the space of a manga panal. This could mean she is simply moving at an average Shinobi speed, or she could be moving at a great speed, in is unclear, what is clear is that she was moving atleast as fast as an average Shinobi.

There are various other theroies as well, she could be able to move at great speeds when she utilizes the Regeneration Technique, or it is possible that she knows the 8 Gates Technique which would greatly increase her speed. Neither theory, though, has any real backing beyond pure speculation.

Quote:
i would like for her to heal, when Kakashi chop off her head like he did to Kakuzu with his raikiri, or heal up after Kakashi send her head or any other limb to another dimension.
In the end, claiming that speed would allow Kakashi to defeat Tsunade is completely falacious and a little silly. His MS technique(s) matter more than any speed advantage he has, and even then it is hard to say who could win because we still know little of her actual jutsus (which she is bound to have a few, anyone claiming she just has medical jutsus is simply stupid). She can almost instantly regenerate any limb on her body, as long as her brain is functioning. Kakashi (or any opponent) could aim for her head, but again, you are arguing as if she is only a genin level opponent. She is a Hokage, so of course she is strong. If you know that your only real weak point (since she can regenerate the rest) is your head, then of course that would be the main area that you would protect. You are needlessly underestimating her (quite literally putting her down) for absolutely no reason.

Quote:
did you see what Sasuke's sharingan did to Manda?
As for placing a genjutsu on her summon, I hate to break it to you but Slugs can't see they have light stalks that allow them to "feel" light and darkness. They do not have the basic requirements for any genjutsu we have seen thus far. In many respects they are the ultimate counter to any and all Uchiha attacks.

And the hat. I almost forgot the hat. Everyone knows that the Hokage hat allows the user to gain hidden strength. How else would a 68 year old Sarutobi be able to fight against a "playful" Orochimaru for as long as Sarutobi did fight. The Hat is all powerful .
---

Whatever the case maybe, and I am repeating myself again, Kakashi is almost a what could be descibed as Hokage-level Shinobi (I say Hokage to differentiate between the other seemingly always weaker Kages from other countries). He is a little below the Hokage-level, and with a few more years training (maybe gaining the EMS ) he will be at a level beyond the Sannin, but currently he seems to be a little behind.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-04 at 00:55.
Old 2008-04-04, 04:24   Link #280
Keyquest

I'd say yes as well, the amount of jutsu's he's copied should allow him to fight practically anyone. He could be a future Hokage.
Keyquest is offline   Reply With Quote