AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-16, 15:48   Link #101
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm a fan of how the anime did the first bunch of chapters. the changes all seem positive to me. i'm sure they'll shed light on the details as the story evolves.

also about the sickness part - clearly it was meant as a funny scene and not chemical warfare..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 16:26   Link #102
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
Since the anime change to the view of Elena and cut most of the explain why Uchika left Ayano, it make Uchika look like a bad mother. That is the reason I like the manga story than anime, despite the anime story is not bad. And I call Ayano's metal disorder is Ayano's roller coaster : )).
I doesn't matter even if uchika have al-quaeda or isis searching for her or something, she left her daughter without any contact, she is the worst.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 18:09   Link #103
Pierrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I doesn't matter even if uchika have al-quaeda or isis searching for her or something, she left her daughter without any contact, she is the worst.
Lol her reasoning to leave her daughter is pretty dumb even in the manga. I can't believe someone's defending her mother and think it was justified. She deserves to get punched in fhe face for abandoning her own daughter to train another kid.

I'm interested to see how the anime will tackle the issue since they're treating Ayano's trauma more seriously.
Pierrot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 18:40   Link #104
bakato

I think both sides are to blame for this horribly twisted relationship. Uchika is clearly at fault here for not fostering her relationship with Ayano outside of badminton, but I can't help but think Ayano might have a screw loose for placing too much emphasis on winning anyway. Just doesn't seem possible to reach the conclusion that she needed to win her mother's love on the court. A couple more scenes of their time together might sway this impression, but that's how I see things as of now.

That said. Uchika leaving was for the best because Ayano would never be able to heal in her presence.
Old 2018-07-16, 19:08   Link #105
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I can't help but think Ayano might have a screw loose for placing too much emphasis on winning anyway.
The anime is to blame for this impression because they cut some important parts of the flashbacks. Uchika always told Ayano that she (Ayano) was a prodigy so Ayano grew up carrying that expectation on her shoulders. When she lost, the problem is not so much that she lost, but that she betrayed her mother's expectations. When her mother left, it basically confirmed Ayano's fears.
Old 2018-07-16, 20:16   Link #106
ArrowSmith

Just a little thing, in the sunset scene between Aragaki & Fujisawa when Fujisawa leaves the scene does a delicate fade transition to the next scene. When is the last time a television anime series featured a fade transition? I mean, that's usually something you only see in films.

Not complaining, it definitely adds an 'arty' style to the show that is very welcome.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 21:08   Link #107
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
a good friend that forces her own friend to join a club she doesn't want to, keeps persuading her to stay without hearing her side of the story, and leaves one practice session midway to go see a movie without telling said friend?

Sure, Ayano needs to be more assertive with herself, but cmon! Elena hasn't been doing much since episode 1 that would make her a "good" friend.
A good friend in the sense that each of the actions she took were to help Ayano and it's clear that she does care Ayano. Elena even seems to know Ayano better than Ayano knows herself. I'll will admit that her actions did at times come off as pretty insensitive, I even complained about the same thing in earlier episodes.
Old 2018-07-16, 23:38   Link #108
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Ayano will never be healed if Uchika still presence around her. Leave Ayano without contact is the best for Ayano case. In trauma treament, stay along side and nursing is not alway a good option. Some case it is worse because the vi tim never want to escapse from the trauma as long as some specific ones presence, in this case is Uchika, if Uchika still contact Ayano, she will keep do badminton in hope her mother will comeback when see Ayano archivement, thus the trauma will even become worse. Unless some guy dont know about that kind of trauma and think it is dumb and want to punch someone like a brute.

Spoiler for blonde girl in manga:

Last edited by Panzercracker; 2018-07-16 at 23:50.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 03:25   Link #109
moridin84
Custom User Title

It wouldn't surprise me if they put more focus on Nagisa initially to establish her character before moving onto Ayano.

Or perhaps they thought the story would be too depressing or wouldn't have enough energy if they concentrated too much on Ayano.

Or they wanted it to be more serious and less comedic.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 16:16   Link #110
IceHism

I think the producer and director just wants to get to the parts that hanebado is actually good at (the tournament matches and mind games) and just wants to get the drama out of the way. I don't mind since i think the drama in this sucks (Based on the translated chapters) so i think it's better if the story gets restructured like this. I bet they are doing this with the author's permission anyways.

No awesome animation in ep3 but these matches weren't very high impact anyways. Hopefully they save their energy for the hype matches.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 16:39   Link #111
Kazu-kun

If they wanted less drama, they wouldn't have added anime-original drama in the first place.
Old 2018-07-17, 17:01   Link #112
drawr

Damn. Another terrible anime/manga parent.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 22:26   Link #113
IceHism

It feels like a condensed/simplified version of what's in the manga (even if it is original) tho
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 23:39   Link #114
devilo96

dammit i feel sad for ayano cuz she is back playing badminton with her mental disorder...if she didnt back maybe her mental disorder will not become more worse sigh~ maybe in the end ayano mental disorder will take over her happy personality....u know if someone didnt help ayano to heal her mental disorder ayano will become another person in the court but i cant wait to see mecha ayano with no other feeling except to win the game after that maybe her mother can feel more guilty more and the last arc there will be a match to bring back ayano to her happy personality ah nvm i really love in the end no one cant stop mecha ayano lol after that the final chp the author should make a wise word: never leave ur own kid when they fall or parent should always support the kid when they fall or something like that lol ....dammit please author make it happend...

and its not trauma but more mental disorder after i saw 65 chp of the manga <my opinion no offense (only saw cuz i didnt know moon runes tell me its wrong if someone can read the moonrune)

Last edited by devilo96; 2018-07-18 at 09:23.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 05:52   Link #115
Pierrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If they wanted less drama, they wouldn't have added anime-original drama in the first place.
That's not what he said. What Icehism implied is that the anime staff wanted to resolve the drama quick, which is arguably true because there's only 12 episode for them to tell a good story. Ayano's trauma doesn't get addressed until the 10-11th chapter and Nagisa's slump also takes a backseat and doesn't get addressed until the 7th chapter. The anime resolved most of their important points in just 3 episodes.

If this was a 1:1 adaptation (thank god it's not), we'd still be in the 4th chapter.
Pierrot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 10:02   Link #116
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
It feels like a condensed/simplified version of what's in the manga (even if it is original) tho
It's for the best, the first 13 chapters are kinda switching from nonsensical comedy to cliche drama from the point of view of the coach (it's like he's the MC in manga). It only picks up, to me, in the 20's chapter when it moves on to the hyper matches and focused really on the girls playing.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 13:34   Link #117
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I think both sides are to blame for this horribly twisted relationship. Uchika is clearly at fault here for not fostering her relationship with Ayano outside of badminton, but I can't help but think Ayano might have a screw loose for placing too much emphasis on winning anyway.
You hit it right in the head. The Anime was able to frame it greatly in the prologue match in the first episode with such tantalizing hints and teases. The manga divulges too much too early on. I'd like to discover it, as the show progresses.

Though I do miss the manga's Nagasa fan-services, that's something I'd like more divulged.

Nagisa is still the best girl in both versions. The Tsundere kind and freakin' awesome kind.

As for why Uchika left...
Spoiler for ... :
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 13:48   Link #118
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot. View Post
That's not what he said. What Icehism implied is that the anime staff wanted to resolve the drama quick, which is arguably true
It's not true though. In the manga Nagisa didn't have all this drama about being a bitch to her team mates because she lost and whatnot. She was on a slump due her height complex but that's a different thing and gets resolved really quickly. Episode 1 was entirely anime-original. If they wanted to get pass all this introductory stuff as quick as possible, they wouldn't have added all the anime-original drama to Nagisa's character.

On the other hand, they simplified Ayano's backstory which was stupid move to make considering her backstory is more important plot-wise. They condensed chapters 11, 12, 13 into episode 3. They cut off a lot of important stuff to do this.

Quote:
Ayano's trauma doesn't get addressed until the 10-11th chapter and Nagisa's slump also takes a backseat and doesn't get addressed until the 7th chapter. The anime resolved most of their important points in just 3 episodes.
Because they swapped order of events. The anime still didn't cover
Spoiler for just to be safe:
which in the manga takes place before Kaoruko shows up and also before Nagisa's slump get resolved. They're gonna cover that in episode 4 according to the preview.
Old 2018-07-19, 08:05   Link #119
sion21

So melodramatic for no reasons. so much dumb plot. i am sure the real reason is something stupid that somehow its for Ayano's own good, that Ochika left. and that she actually love Ayano but is too autistic to say anything, so just packed up and left without a word for years.

I wonder why they dont have the guts in anime like this to just actually depict a bad parents, instead of random "tragic" event cause by their parents with severe autism with some "deep" reason for their own good
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:44   Link #120
devilo96

As for why Uchika left...
Spoiler for ... :
[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know uchika saw ayano as an athlete so the only way to talked is in the court...but tbh the reason when uchika left is so fucking dumb...is there a parent that want to left their own kid when the kid got a problem?
Left their own daughter....and then uchika also in the same place with her student and win some cup....if i become ayano i will never play badminton again and will never to meet and care about uchika...ayano just need normal school life without her mental disorder
I dont blame the author...but author really need something more plot twist to make the manga good enough..cuz with ayano mental disorder its not good enough...pfft if ayano can become mecha ayano and walk in the wrong path then i will happy
Cuz every sport manga is not dark enough...i just wish this manga can become dark enough in term story
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badminton, drama, sports