AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-16, 07:29   Link #581
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Claymore is licensed by viz media.
Claymore is published by Shueisha which is a co-owner of Viz Media.
Also according to Anime News Network, all the mangaka with series liscened by Viz Media are alright.
Quote:
Update 4: Viz Media has confirmed with ANN that it has been in contact with its co-owners, Shogakukan and Shueisha, and that all of its creators are safe.
So according to this news yagi should be one of those creators and therefore safe!

Please anyone tell me if i made a mistake here!

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2011-03-16 at 07:44.
Old 2011-03-16, 19:17   Link #582
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay.....so Miria survives... I mean I should be happy since she's one of my fave characters up there with Teresa, but...really? Just seems kind of lame the way they brought her back.

ANYWAY, what's going to happen to Raki? I would like for him to turn into a claymore so he can actually do something, but then again I feel that is such an easy route to go down that it'd be kind of lame if they just made him a claymore or something like that. Who knows, but I would like to get an update soon on him :X
Old 2011-03-17, 06:11   Link #583
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
.......l and to get some background details on the revivial process itself.
Now that is an absolute necessity in this case if you ask me.

And BTW, now that there is the X factor written allover Miria's face, I wonder what Galatea would say to her. Galatea of course being so concerned about beauty and all that is. She looks like of those pirates that one would come across the Caribbean. But she looks hot still.
Old 2011-03-17, 06:52   Link #584
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@Ryuken

Too bad Gala decided to heal the eye wounds. She was so hawwwwt with them. The X does make Miria look more bad ass than ever!
Old 2011-03-17, 07:08   Link #585
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Claymore is licensed by viz media.
Claymore is published by Shueisha which is a co-owner of Viz Media.
Also according to Anime News Network, all the mangaka with series liscened by Viz Media are alright.

So according to this news yagi should be one of those creators and therefore safe!

Please anyone tell me if i made a mistake here!
I'm more privy to believe this: despite his secrecy, it would be in everyone's best interest if he openly said he was alright. Still, if the company says everyone working for them is safe, that naturally includes him.
Old 2011-03-17, 08:28   Link #586
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I think personally those are the best news i have heard during the last days.
I only wanted to stay calm and present the facts to you because i did not want to bring on false confirmation a second time.
Old 2011-03-17, 10:24   Link #587
gene

@irvinethearcher

Thanks for the Update as well. Indeed an inspiring news for us all...

BTW I guess Yagi probably works somewhere near Nakano(in Tokyo),where he mentioned several times when recruiting assistants for his studio.

Another update from shueisha, that we won't have May&June release (which should be out on April 4th and May 2rd).
Instead, there will be a May-June Combined Edition on April 21st. FYI.
Old 2011-03-17, 13:40   Link #588
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

thx gene,
those are good news indeed. Let's hope that they get the electricity to the powerplant asap!
Old 2011-03-17, 18:57   Link #589
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
@irvinethearcher

Thanks for the Update as well. Indeed an inspiring news for us all...

BTW I guess Yagi probably works somewhere near Nakano(in Tokyo),where he mentioned several times when recruiting assistants for his studio.

Another update from shueisha, that we won't have May&June release (which should be out on April 4th and May 2rd).
Instead, there will be a May-June Combined Edition on April 21st. FYI.
This seems to match up with what the site that scans Claymore in English is now saying.
Quote:
"the next issue of Jump SQ (Claymore, DGM) will be delayed by 2-3 weeks."
Understandable, but sad news none the less. At least we know the worst cases didn't happen and Yagi is likely fine.

Maybe it means we'll get a 45-60 page chapter for once! Of Miria's rebellion no less! Look I realize it will likely be two chapters totaling that length but as long as there's no cliffhanger at the end of the first ch (which is pointless since there will be no wait for the subsequent chapter) it's really on big chapter in my mind.

Hey, I have the right to get my hopes up!

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-03-17 at 19:14.
Old 2011-03-18, 02:24   Link #590
haegar
mangaviking

well I don't mind a three month wait considering the situation ... but I do hope the A&M industry gets back into action soon, they make money too, and they need running industries down there ASAP ... so lez be all good fans and supporters and buy a lot of manga to boost the economy, neh?

Quote:
Maybe it means we'll get a 45-60 page chapter for once! Of Miria's rebellion no less!
now that would be ... cool
Old 2011-03-18, 09:12   Link #591
Ryuken
Claymore #01

What I wouldn't give for something like that. I mean a 45 - 60 page chapter that is. you know, a rebellion like that could take something like this.
Old 2011-03-19, 04:01   Link #592
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
What I wouldn't give for something like that. I mean a 45 - 60 page chapter that is. you know, a rebellion like that could take something like this.
it won't be a single chapter as such, just we get 2 in one month ; when it comes in book format (volume 22 i think) the full thing would be separated.
Old 2011-03-19, 14:31   Link #593
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I can't hide my disappointment, but under the circumstances, I can't ignore that something like this was bound to happen: at the very least, getting one huge mega-chapter gives Yagi the opportunity to do something big possibly in one big chapter.

Not that I'm hoping he rushes things, or that he should, but the opportunity is there nonetheless; we'll just have to wait and see what he does. The whole Claire vs Priscilla thing for example might get settled, it depends on what he chooses to focus on.
Old 2011-03-20, 00:46   Link #594
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Oh crud... next chapter will be delayed... This is terrible... but there's something more upsetting... NO FAKE SPOILERS !!!! No ludicrous, outlandish, totally fabricated fake spoliers... THIS IS A MAJOR TRAGEDY !!!
Old 2011-03-20, 03:54   Link #595
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Oh crud... next chapter will be delayed... This is terrible... but there's something more upsetting... NO FAKE SPOILERS !!!! No ludicrous, outlandish, totally fabricated fake spoliers... THIS IS A MAJOR TRAGEDY !!!

Spoiler for spoiler about spoilers:
Old 2011-03-20, 04:45   Link #596
Gooral
Banned

IIRC Animesuki has a very strict policy when it comes to April Fools and for some reason even though fake spoilers aren't banned the rest of the year they are on April Fools +- a week. Although, maybe with a clear indication they are fake they will be allowed.
Old 2011-03-21, 07:01   Link #597
limao
DeAd

Are mangakas still releasing their work next month?
Who would have head to draw after that major shaking? O.o
Old 2011-03-21, 07:49   Link #598
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
Are mangakas still releasing their work next month?
Who would have head to draw after that major shaking? O.o
most are (as you'd find they are done in advance)

here is a list

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...quake/part-iii
Old 2011-03-21, 07:56   Link #599
The Black Swordsman

Hi all,

New to the forum!

Just started this series last week and couldn’t put it down, finished ch 113 last night so I’m now up to speed.

I’m kind of glad I only just found out about this so I got so much content in one go, although I now must join you in the waiting game for each new chapter.

Regarding the chapter itself, pleased to see Miria return, although I hope they can explain it convincingly.
Old 2011-03-21, 11:31   Link #600
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
Hi all,

New to the forum!

Just started this series last week and couldn’t put it down, finished ch 113 last night so I’m now up to speed.

I’m kind of glad I only just found out about this so I got so much content in one go, although I now must join you in the waiting game for each new chapter.

Regarding the chapter itself, pleased to see Miria return, although I hope they can explain it convincingly.
Welcome! Not being able to put it down... That's the typical response Claymore thread here gets. I too wasn't able to put it down, 2 years ago when I first picked it up.

Glad you're happy Miria is back but chapter 113 already explained how come she's back so I fear that's all the explanation we will get. That said the main scan of the chapter had a pretty poor translation this chapter (even saying the gathered troops at the org HQ was to protect against Alicia and Beth rather than defend the org in there absence which is what it should have said ) there is a scanlation with a better translation out there... unfortunately this forum doesn't allow me to tell you where it is located without likely getting banned. I can't even mention by name the site or translation group, sorry. Just know that the wording of the explanation flowed very poorly, so any lack of satisfaction you got may have stemmed from the translation rather then the explanation Yagi (the author) gave.

BTW next chapter won't be until the end of April (the 21st has been mentioned but we'll see if that holds true) and will likely actually be two chapters at once . So it will be a long waiting game but based on your user name (which I'm assuming is from Berserk), you will not be waiting as long as you normally would between Berserk chapters (which are usually 3 months apart now, well 3 chs between ever 3-4 months to be precise :/) so you should do fine.