AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 118 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-31, 22:30   Link #221
Arlenis
Of Lights

Ryus, that is much. But Appreciated.
Old 2011-08-31, 22:33   Link #222
Ryus
The One Eyed King

OMG!!! There's a ch 119 thread on baidu but still no scans of 118 or even spoiler pics... WTF!!!
Old 2011-08-31, 22:35   Link #223
Arlenis
Of Lights

What. The. FUCK!? (Are we allowed to curse on here?)
Old 2011-08-31, 22:42   Link #224
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
What. The. FUCK!? (Are we allowed to curse on here?)
I don't see why not. That is a personal choice of how to express yourself, as long as your not directly and maliciously attacking another user with those words that is... then you could get banned or given and infraction.

I think they're just being "weird" again... it seems to be a "complete my sentence" game about what will happen next chapter. However it has no listed rules or what spoiler they're basing it on. It just kinda happened and everyone there got it but due to me relying on google translate I'm totally lost in translation.
Old 2011-08-31, 23:02   Link #225
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I don't see why not. That is a personal choice of how to express yourself, as long as your not directly and maliciously attacking another user with those words that is... then you could get banned or given and infraction.

I think they're just being "weird" again... it seems to be a "complete my sentence" game about what will happen next chapter. However it has no listed rules or what spoiler they're basing it on. It just kinda happened and everyone there got it but due to me relying on google translate I'm totally lost in translation.
ahh, they are just as bored as we are waiting for the new chapter. If you notice, the title of that thread is marked with 『水』.

水(water) is the net-slang for "useless/off-topic internet chit-chat". There are several derived words, for example, lurking is "潛水", which is "diving/submerged in water", and coming out of lurking is "冒泡"(blowing bubbles), imagine a fish blows bubbles which rise out of the "water".
Old 2011-08-31, 23:07   Link #226
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
ahh, they are just as bored as we are waiting for the new chapter. If you notice, the title of that thread is marked with 『水』.

水(water) is the net-slang for "useless/off-topic internet chit-chat". There are several derived words, for example, lurking is "潛水", which is "diving/submerged in water", and coming out of lurking is "冒泡"(blowing bubbles), imagine a fish blows bubbles which rise out of the "water".
I was always wonder what that "water" was doing in many "weird" threads but still I didn't see any rules and the first post in the thread a single sentence followed by another poster... which just made it even weirder. i did assume it was due to boredom though but that only frustrated me more seeing it there too.
Old 2011-08-31, 23:19   Link #227
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores

12 pages even without a single spoiler. In good rigaldian terms: Superb!
Old 2011-08-31, 23:22   Link #228
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

So does anyone know why we don't even really have spoilers yet?
Old 2011-08-31, 23:26   Link #229
Fermat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
So does anyone know why we don't even really have spoilers yet?
If Gernot hadn't said that he had submitted his work already, I would've proposed the utterly excruciating possibility that we would have to wait another week, or worse, another month because Yagi went on vacation or something.
Old 2011-08-31, 23:33   Link #230
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilanimal View Post
12 pages even without a single spoiler. In good rigaldian terms: Superb!
There has been 3 spoilers (just no spoiler pics)... well, two small ones that where realized to be two half's of a later one.

To sum it up...
  • Raftela is alive and helping the rebels
  • Miria fights Hysteria and talks about a power she didn't/couldn't use against rigardo (edit 3: I think Clare is mentioned here and technique is implied to be like what she did vs Rigardo) that she is now about to use and then goes over her limit
  • More bits with Raftela that I didn't quite get with bablefish or google translate
  • Miria's scars are now gone (and skin peeling off )
  • Galatea is near the blob
  • Cassandra also gets mentioned
  • Both translations (google translate and bablefish, that I plugged in myself) of the spoiler mention a cut and blood after Miria's power is used... and last words... and shoes...

Of those spoilers, one of the first two spoilers mentioned Raki too... I took it as a minor appearance. Though it wasn't in the big spoiler so maybe it's bull... EDIT: no wait... I think he's "moe" in the google translate version since trainees are mentioned I think he's with Raftela

Anyways the first 2 are on page 1 and the third on page 3

EDIT2: added more comments

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-08-31 at 23:46.
Old 2011-08-31, 23:36   Link #231
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
There has been 3 spoilers (just no spoiler pics)... well, two small ones that where realized to be two half's of a later one.

To sum it up...
  • Raftela is alive and helping the rebels
  • Miria fights Hysteria and talks about a power she didn't/couldn't use against rigardo that she is now about to use and then goes over her limit
  • More bits with Raftela that I didn't quite get with bablefish or google translate
  • Miria's scars are now gone
  • Galatea is near the blob
  • Cassandra also gets mentioned

One of those first two spoilers mentioned Raki too... I took it as a minor appearance. Though it wasn't in the big spoiler so maybe it's bull...

Anyways the first 2 are on page 1 and the third on page 3
Well I knew that but I want pictures and the chapter itself right now!
Old 2011-08-31, 23:41   Link #232
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
(...)
You have Roxanne and Miria, both of whom rose through the ranks by leaps and bounds. Roxanne shouldn't be able to explainably surpass the large gap between #5 and #6, let alone become one of the 8 most powerful #1's of all time... from rank 35 based on the notion of quality alone increasing . Then we have Yuma, and Tabitha both of whom where described as strong by Miata... very odd considering they where low rankers. Renee has implied there have been other low rankers that have risen though the ranks and Yagi did clarify several times that those 30 and less where just too weak... so increasing a base level of 5 100% isn't the same as increasing a base level of 20 by 100%. Quality increases can only go so far... and everyone can achieve the same level of quality increase. Yet, we seemingly have several cases of it happening without yoki usage even...

Then we have Rifuls' comment about Jean and Clare getting stronger if she awakened them later, which very much contradictory the assertion that a warriors awakened potential is set in stone. (...)
I've been saying the same thing as Fermat and Arlenis for years and countered your every argument and you're still asking the same questions which have already been answered by me... That's not to say I'm right, only that your every doubt can be easily explained.

Here are good summary posts why I think as I think which I've written less than a month ago: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...77#post3712077
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...26#post3714226

Although I've discussed it more thoroughly (like for 10 pages, seriously) in 110th thread and much earlier even.

Anyway, with Roxanne, until we know more about her we can't make any comments on whether her youki suddenly became S or not since there are plenty of ways to explain why she was near the bottom at the start and then became #1 which I've given in previous thread (to which links you can find by following links above).
As for Yuma, she could easily defeat #14 so it's no surprise Miata would consider her as strong (after all Yuma was at least as strong as Veronica was in Pieta, who was a squad leader). However in her case she had a smaller gap to overcome then someone going from #10 to #1 (see point #3 in this post). Miria's power increase is what's bothering me but in her case it can be explained by her "B+" stat, which meant she could as well become A. And the fact that Hilda knew Miria would surpass her (even though she became a super powerful AB which stats show, she had the a comparable amount of youki as Duff) suggests that she might have been a strong #2 material from the start (although #1 is pushing it).
As for Riful's words, I've said it at least 2 years ago for the first time but in short she had no basis for that since Clare could suddenly become stronger by using more youki than anyone could and not awaken. I don't see how that could make her a stronger awakened being. And Clare has Teresa inside - the strongest being that ever existed. And we've seen a glimpse of Clare's power when she partially awakened her limbs in Pieta even though Rigaldo considered her as someone weak (and yet she was faster than anything we've seen in manga except Teresa).

Oh, and about Miria I've discussed her performance against twins very thoroughly here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...97#post3717497
BTW, I'm still waiting on your reply haegar
Old 2011-08-31, 23:54   Link #233
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

dern it, the zombie 1's don't die off.. hurry up and get rid of them and get back to clare. !!
Old 2011-09-01, 00:02   Link #234
Kain999

Hopefully the new chapter will be out soon......

I wanna see Miria's new phantom too.
Old 2011-09-01, 00:06   Link #235
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I've been saying the same thing as Fermat and Arlenis for years and countered your every argument and you're still asking the same questions which have already been answered by me... That's not to say I'm right, only that your every doubt can be easily explained.

Here are good summary posts why I think as I think which I've written less than a month ago: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...77#post3712077
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...26#post3714226

Although I've discussed it more thoroughly (like for 10 pages, seriously) in 110th thread and much earlier even.

Anyway, with Roxanne, until we know more about her we can't make any comments on whether her youki suddenly became S or not since there are plenty of ways to explain why she was near the bottom at the start and then became #1 which I've given in previous thread (to which links you can find by following links above).
As for Yuma, she could easily defeat #14 so it's no surprise Miata would consider her as strong (after all Yuma was at least as strong as Veronica was in Pieta, who was a squad leader). However in her case she had a smaller gap to overcome then someone going from #10 to #1 (see point #3 in this post). Miria's power increase is what's bothering me but in her case it can be explained by her "B+" stat, which meant she could as well become A. And the fact that Hilda knew Miria would surpass her (even though she became a super powerful AB which stats show, she had the a comparable amount of youki as Duff) suggests that she might have been a strong #2 material from the start (although #1 is pushing it).
As for Riful's words, I've said it at least 2 years ago for the first time but in short she had no basis for that since Clare could suddenly become stronger by using more youki than anyone could and not awaken. I don't see how that could make her a stronger awakened being. And Clare has Teresa inside - the strongest being that ever existed. And we've seen a glimpse of Clare's power when she partially awakened her limbs in Pieta even though Rigaldo considered her as someone weak (and yet she was faster than anything we've seen in manga except Teresa).

Oh, and about Miria I've discussed her performance against twins very thoroughly here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...97#post3717497
BTW, I'm still waiting on your reply haegar
No, your opinion is fundimentially different... since you don't view awakenings as having any potential extra power besides an extra 20% power level increase and new body. Where as everyone else in this latest debate was agreeing that that fact does exist. This leads to a very different debate with you... no matter how you may color it other wise. You deny, constantly, any chance of potential latent power existing in Priscilla, imo all to support your view point that Teresa is the only conceivable uber level character (I back this up with you often falling back to the statement that this reason was why you first liked Claymore in the first place when you read it the first time after another Teresa vs Priscilla debate gets really heavy). Sometimes you state Clare has potential latent due to the Teresa factor but Priscilla doesn't since Teresa beat her and said she wouldn't be a challenge next time. Then you look for ways to discount all the time she was hinted at being at that level or having latent power... often we have to argue with you for days just for you to state in some extreme interpretations Priscilla could be in the same league as Teresa

I support most of the same general stuff as you do about yoki in general, we just deviate on some key factors, that is what makes debating with you so aggravating at times... Plus there is the constant "I debated this here, please read up on it" tone you take Yes, there good arguments often and other times just in your opinion . They all fit the context of a debate 7 chapters ago but don't always keep there full meaning in current debates... so I view them as more dismissive than anything. Don't get me wrong I read them for a refresher but often only parts of the debate really fit the context of the current debate.

EDIT: I'll address your point quickly....
  • As to Roxanne, if you fail to see the point I was trying to make here or choose to ignore it that's your problem... you didn't address my issues here directly and acted like you did then tried to place all the fault with me for not understand you... once again. *sigh*
  • As to Yuma... we know that she is at least as strong as #14 as we both agree but she was clearly implied to be much superior to #14 as well due to her easy of victory. Is that Roxanne level crazy rank jump or as large of a gap? no. suspicious and still a very large gap? most defiantly.
  • As to Hilda she was also implied to be stronger than a #6 (being called stronger than an awakened Ophelia in the databook and tied with Dauf, and don't forget about Miria comments about her holding back in the fight and claim my whole argument is based on the "misguided databook" like you did last time). At least based on your notion that yoki only increases an extra 20% upon awakening... could that make Miria #1 potential then? Since Hilda thought so highly of her, after all (sorry, another debate but I couldn't resist taking the shot... hey you couldn't either ) Lets not forget that if latent power does exist then Miria could be even stronger than that +20%
  • As too Riful... I'm so glad you drew a conclusion two years ago, even more glad you filled us in on this the why you drew this conclusion rather then a pieced together bunch of nonsense that was a pure fallacy... oh wait, you didn't, never mind.
  • As to the twins I debated you tons of times about her fight with them... your opinions haven't changed and neither have mine. I rejected most of your view points on the matter and just how by reposting that argument have my counter points to you then been invalidated?

Either take the time to really debate me this time Gooral or don't be surprised when no one listens anymore. So what you had some counter points you thought where good a while ago, shall I just repost my counter-counter points again and we get into a whom has collected the most posts over the years tally?

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-09-01 at 00:42.
Old 2011-09-01, 00:58   Link #236
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Well said Ryus, sadly Animesuki won't let me positive rep you again. qq
Old 2011-09-01, 00:58   Link #237
Ulquihorror

Guys, please don't fight over Roxanne. She is mine!
Old 2011-09-01, 01:05   Link #238
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Where as everyone else in this latest debate was agreeing that that fact does exist.
Oh? Didn't see Fermat or Arlenis saying or agreeing that there is a sudden, huge power up between 90% and 100% (awakening). Some quotes maybe to support your stance?

As for the rest, you're again forgetting that power increase is NOT LINEAR. So a difference between 90% and 100% could still be larger than between 10% and 30% !!! As for Ophelia, I've argued about it with Sagara recently. Like I said, I've countered your every argument, you're just ignoring them and saying the same thing.

As for Roxanne, you were bringing her up as proof that Claymores increase their youki over time which is pointless when we know almost nothing about her.

As for Yuma, no it's not suspicious since we've seen others rise in ranks even without haf-awakening. Miria is such an example. Miria from being #17 rose to #8 before she even became half-awakened but not because she suddenly increased her youki but because Miria learned to use her youma powers more efficiently. Hilda knew from the start that Miria would surpass her (i.e. she had more youki) but because Miria couldn't control her phantom then (she could only do it once or much less times than when she fought AB in Slasher's arc) and even though her average speed was lower her max speed was from the start higher than Hilda's. The same thing probably happened to Yuma. And let's not forget that power increase is not linear. Different Claymore have different factor by which their power increases and there are often gaps between next and previous numbers. There is a gap between #11 and #9, sometimes there is a gap between #6 and #5 and there always is a gap between #1 and #3. So a jump from #17 to #8 is humongous and possibly more than #40 to #14 (and even if not who's to say that Yuma was just a slow learner but had lots of potential). And let's not forget that Yuma is defensive so for her abilities to start to show she would need more time than offensive warriors whose abilities are designed for fights.
I'm reposting it since clearly you can't read with comprehension or just plainly ignore my arguments *sigh*

As for Hilda, the "misguided databook" argument is actually very strong and convincing which I've shown here for example: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...92#post3722792 Ophelia instantly defeated Clare, even the one that had QS. Then, once she saw her mirrored image she let her cut her up, and later she did nothing when she was being chopped up. And the only witness to this was Clare so there was no one to measure her power as an AB [maybe besides Rafaela which is doubtful since her task was Irene only and she was far away and she didn't know who Clare was when she met her with Jean and Rubel and she would certainly recognize Irene's youki if she was a good sensor (even Miria could see different youki signature and she was rather bad at youki sensing) ergo she never sensed her earlier, otherwise she would comment on it). In Hilda's case there was Ophelia and others to measure it (there was also MiB nearby]. In Gonahl's AB case there was Ophelia present and we know there were other Claymores that tried to kill her ("are you stronger than the others" comment made by AB suggests that) so it was obvious someone would measure her power. With spider-AB there was Galatea. With Katea and Duff there was Galatea. In fact in every case shown in databooks they've had witnesses that could measure power of AB except Ophelia case where only Clare was present.
And about Hilda holding back I've countered your argument here for example.

As for Riful, if you don't understand this argument and consider it as fallacy then I won't comment it. It's just hilarious. yeah, saying that Riful has no basis for saying what she said is a fallacy.

As for the twins, if you had read Kinematics's response to my post you would see that on many points he agrees with me and our conclusion (that Miria isn't #1 material) is the same. But again, you're convinced that you're the only one right.

All in all every argument on account that youki increases with time is weak at best. And you never even tried to counter the argument that somehow Clare was still considered as weak, even after she defeated Rigaldo ! (and by that I mean that everyone who sensed her sensed weak youki signature which should be impossible if youki would increase with time).

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-09-01 at 01:56.
Old 2011-09-01, 01:07   Link #239
gene

Waiting for the new chpt as well....(keep pressing F5..)
Old 2011-09-01, 01:59   Link #240
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Oh? Didn't see Fermat or Arlenis saying or agreeing that there is a sudden, huge power up between 90% and 100% (awakening). Some quotes maybe to support your stance?
Perhaps you should learn to read twice as much as you talk... First off, I debated most Arlenis and carbontaxes... Fermat posted a single response that didn't clarify this his opinion on this matter and I didn't respond to. Second, I could think of four times they mentioned this quite clearly off the top of my head. Second, I bolded it so you wouldn't miss it and only read what you want to this time.

Quote:
Ryus, it is my belief that through training a Claymore can become more efficient at using the yoki. More skillful, more controlling, more at one with it; same goes with the body that yoki inhabits, though it does not increase in quantity. Each human body has it's limited yoki reservoir upon hybridization it is apparent what that quantity is. Upon awakening the "body" changes fully and the true harbored potential yoki is released, but only because the form of it's container changes. As you work with the yoki your human body can harbor for execution it requires less and less full out release because what is needed is flushed to the correct areas precisely so as to not have to OVER flush the body with yoki and release more indirectly so as to accomplish a feat. Lets see..... O.k I got it: Clare had to have Irene's arm because her's wasn't TRAINED enough to have yoki flow through it in a controlled manner. Her arm was not at one enough with yoki flow. It took Irene's arm, and more mental training for Clare's mastery over QS. That is why at first when Clare was learning it the rest of her body was also flushed with yoki and not just her arm where it was only needed.

BTW, Nixl: So, I responded to your wall comment and welcome...I just don't know if it notifies you that I did so. So...this is me........notifying you that I did so.
Quote:
Rafael I TOTALLY agree.
Ryus, yes, they get more yoki when they awaken. I will say that. HOWever, it is only due to the fact that they have pushed their human bodies/limits overboard and returned. Their bodies have breached humanities boarder and returned while keeping the physicality of the breach upon returning; therein lies the point: The physical body/form/yoki-container must under go extreme form change in order to access more of the yoki pool. Some warriors don't have to half awaken because they are not straining to to access more yoki because they have enough pool to pull from without reaching their limit.

Thanks, Claymore! Don't you think that that is superb ability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
Riful's comment always made sense, if you accept the general theory here that a ABs yoki powerup is not proportional to her yoki pool in her hybrid life.

Tabitha is one hell on an Eye with (probably) barely any actual fighting ability. She's like a nurturing housewife with a Hubble Telescope. Look again at the Agatha fight and her own role in it, and Galatea's own comments on Tabitha's performance. Also look again at Clare+elite team (~chap 70?) when they rescued Audrey and Rachel from Riful and what Tabitha was able to perceive there. She's a badass in an Eye-Way.
Quote:
I knew Carbon would take care of it.
As you might be able to tell I'm in a rather cranky mood right now (since I got a late night call from work telling me they need me to come in at a different time tomorrow... I mean today) and as such didn't feel like addressing the rest of the post, sorry but I need sleep. I'm sorry about any distress this may cause for me seemingly ignoring you after you put energy into your post.

I'm even going to ignore you math definition of percentages *facepalm* and how it pretty much is again is a bs way to choose who you apply latent potential power to and whom to deny it to based on reader interpretation and not analyzing the authors intent to the best of our abilities... and oh goodly, more of your past arguments that I disagreed with on back then too. Like picking whom you argued with and what points they agree and disagree with you matters... what don't think i can't pull up arguments with Shieky or Fenrir_valindri about things we disagreed on but areas where we agreed with each other... this is just another example of you using fallacies to act correct.

Edit: As to your Riful counter-counter point... please explain how you first statement was a real argument to be taken seriously.

Quote:
As for Riful's words, I've said it at least 2 years ago for the first time but in short she had no basis for that since Clare could suddenly become stronger by using more youki than anyone could and not awaken. I don't see how that could make her a stronger awakened being.
Sorry but A+B≠C here Since you didn't prove that is exactly why she said it in the first place and that she concluded the same applies to Jean as well... hence not a "Teresa factor" but a Half Awakened Factor... at the very least. The core behind your argument just assumed that since Clare was unique, she can be the only one... and this is an assumption on your part and in no way reflects any character analyses of why she said it in the first place.

really need to go to bed...

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-09-01 at 02:19.
Closed Thread