AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 14:36   Link #361
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It's kind of interesting that all the school buddies are trying their best to fight over school politics, when Vera doesn't even care because her concerns are on a whole other level.

Btw, has it ever explicitly stated what Vera's offer to the traditional clans are? There are a lot of talk about how it'd be good for them, but I don't remember exactly reading what it is.
lol yea Vera's like aiming for the heavens while the rest are wrestling in the mud, expect Gang who just wants to fight anyone and everyone

don't think it was ever said what Vera offered, guessing it's being kept secret for now.

Hyunmi is def cute, in a odd cute tomboy way but doesn't matter cause she's cute.
Oddly enough I think she's actually the only cute girl here, rest are just sexy hawt

It would be pretty cool to see Gang take on 2 SC members, well don't think he's just there yet but he's gotta be closing in.
I'm expecting him to do some serious owning later, well lets hope.
Old 2010-05-09, 00:29   Link #362
Valerian Mengsk

I don't think Gang cares about whether or not he can take on 2:1, he would do it anyway just to see what it was like and have a hell of a good time while he did.

Was anyone really surprised by Shinra's defection, because I honestly thought it was in keeping with her character.

I'm glad that Hyunmi is being established as a main character now. As for her and Gangryong, it seems that Gang actually respects her, which is pretty rare.

As for Vera, I'm pretty sure that all of her plans will come crashing down soon enough, and just in time for Fire Dragon to awaken Yuri, too. It just seems like the series is setting her up for a massive case of It Got Worse (TV Tropes style).

Still whatever happens to Vera, I want FD to screwed as well because I loath that guy even as I gaze in awe at his force choke. lol

BTW, Am I the only one who liked Guhoo's new hair do?
Old 2010-05-09, 11:14   Link #363
Battler-kun

Finally. Gang is now definitely level 9 and not a meat bag, though he has hard restrictions on using the moves which ups him to this level.
Old 2010-05-10, 13:13   Link #364
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerian Mengsk View Post
I don't think Gang cares about whether or not he can take on 2:1, he would do it anyway just to see what it was like and have a hell of a good time while he did.

Was anyone really surprised by Shinra's defection, because I honestly thought it was in keeping with her character.

I'm glad that Hyunmi is being established as a main character now. As for her and Gangryong, it seems that Gang actually respects her, which is pretty rare.

As for Vera, I'm pretty sure that all of her plans will come crashing down soon enough, and just in time for Fire Dragon to awaken Yuri, too. It just seems like the series is setting her up for a massive case of It Got Worse (TV Tropes style).

Still whatever happens to Vera, I want FD to screwed as well because I loath that guy even as I gaze in awe at his force choke. lol

BTW, Am I the only one who liked Guhoo's new hair do?
Surprised by her betrayal? Nah Shinra is like this now that she sees an opportunity to go higher Vera is of no use to her and pretty soon even Guhoo might also become useless.

But Shinra for now better forget about her grudge with Gang and focus on the big prize
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2010-05-10, 14:16   Link #365
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Surprised by her betrayal? Nah Shinra is like this now that she sees an opportunity to go higher Vera is of no use to her and pretty soon even Guhoo might also become useless.

But Shinra for now better forget about her grudge with Gang and focus on the big prize
You know I just hope Shinra is actually doing this for herself and not for Vera's sake, like she's under cover-__-
I want to see whole load of peeps gunning for that top seat as thats what should be the most chaotic and entertaining to see

Now thing with Gang is I'm not sure if leaving him be atm is a good thing or not, he has climbed pretty far up that big arse ladder and pretty damn quickly at that and since Shinra even said it herself who knows what will happen if left alone.
Also with Honse helping him train, we can expect some serious arse kicking later.
I guess dealing him now would be better than leaving him to get to that stage where he kicks arse with as much ease as like escaping from a wet paper bag.
I'm also still holding out on Honse still being able to fight, I think it would be a real shame to not see what he was/is capable of.

...as I was writing this a thought came to mind, I'm now wondering if we'll get a onsen/beach chapter/omake, god how much I would love that!
Old 2010-05-25, 18:45   Link #366
hehey

New chapter is out, and Paul sucking is reinforced once again.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:34   Link #367
Iron21

I never seen this side of Vera lol.

No wonder she's grumpy all the time, LT wouldn't give her no action lol.
Old 2010-05-25, 20:17   Link #368
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Jesus Christ....

I was in denial that Vera had any feelings for Lightning Tiger whatsoever up til now, but to think she had this side in her, I'm seriously disappointed.

I mean, I have no problem with Vera having feelings for Lightning Tiger and all, but after seeing this side of her in the first few pages of the chapter, my estimation of Vera as the character I've been supporting til now just fuckin' plummeted.
Old 2010-05-25, 21:27   Link #369
Grey

Woah. That's an unexpected side to Vera. It was funny seeing her soft side in front of Lighting Tiger. And that talking to herself scene.... I guess she didn't just build up combat strength, but personality strength too. I wonder what she would have been like if she had grown up more normally.

And good ol' clueless Gangryong. Looks like it's the start of a tense fight. I wonder if this one will be interrupted?
Old 2010-05-25, 23:10   Link #370
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Woah. That's an unexpected side to Vera. It was funny seeing her soft side in front of Lighting Tiger. And that talking to herself scene.... I guess she didn't just build up combat strength, but personality strength too. I wonder what she would have been like if she had grown up more normally.

And good ol' clueless Gangryong. Looks like it's the start of a tense fight. I wonder if this one will be interrupted?
Yeah, it was pretty cute =03! Seeing that and her self-encouragement, I think it kind of gives the hint that she might be more fragile than she lets on. She's still a ***** though ...

Honse said he couldn't win in a 2 vs 1, and Honse(when he's serious) is usually right about these things. Since Vera isn't around, the ONLY solution is for Hyumni to come in(maybe via Honse) and help him, regardless if its to stop the fight or help him fight. I CAN'T WAIT to see that. A couple's battle !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Jesus Christ....

I was in denial that Vera had any feelings for Lightning Tiger whatsoever up til now, but to think she had this side in her, I'm seriously disappointed.

I mean, I have no problem with Vera having feelings for Lightning Tiger and all, but after seeing this side of her in the first few pages of the chapter, my estimation of Vera as the character I've been supporting til now just fuckin' plummeted.
What exactly were you expecting out of her? To me it seems like she sort of idolized him for various reasons. At least it shows some sort of normality to her personality, and that she's not completely some emotionless person(I still don't like her though (>.>)).
Old 2010-05-25, 23:21   Link #371
Xion Valkyrie

New chapter was awesome. Yeah, Paul is pathetic, although even Fire Dragon couldn't really take Gang's shocks at point blank range.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:05   Link #372
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
New chapter was awesome. Yeah, Paul is pathetic, although even Fire Dragon couldn't really take Gang's shocks at point blank range.
That was because FD had his ki blocked by Hayato's Force Rewind or whatever. That reminds me, what was the move he used against Paul? I guess it was the mag frce of lgt space, but that's not what he said. And didn't he skip a move? I can't remember what chap it was, but i know he skipped a close range skill.
Old 2010-05-26, 14:03   Link #373
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That was because FD had his ki blocked by Hayato's Force Rewind or whatever. That reminds me, what was the move he used against Paul? I guess it was the mag frce of lgt space, but that's not what he said. And didn't he skip a move? I can't remember what chap it was, but i know he skipped a close range skill.
I don't remember FD getting his ki blocked by Hayato, pretty sure Gang just did a follow up attack that FD just either was caught out or didn't think it was strong enough to actually do anything.

I do think that move he used on Paul is Magnectic Force of Lightning Space, just probably no need to say out his moves at every go.

Well seeing that side of Vera I don't actually find surprising, she cried when she actually believed LT had died so expecting her to be rather soft in front of LT isn't oh so shocking.

I just hope we actually get to see a good 2v1 fight for abit before someone jumps in to help out.

p.s Shinra's evil look at the end was smoking hawt
Old 2010-05-26, 15:19   Link #374
Valerian Mengsk

Huh, glad to see Vera does have a heart underneath all the ice. With this her character motivation is pretty clear ( to me at least): She is trying to carry on LT's fight from within the organization instead of from outside it. Her cold personality is an outward manifestation of her determination to succeed at all costs. As for her cold treatment of the student council and general amorality: all is fair in love and war. Besides as others have mentioned the school is low priority compared to what she is aiming for.

As for the rest of the chapter: Gang is a badass, and I really want to see him kick Guhoo's ass. I don't expect Shinra to be KO'd though, cause I think her fight will be in the tournament. But who knows?

Any bets on whether or not the tournament fights will take place as originally scheduled, or will Gang (or somebody) wipe someone off the board prematurely?

Oh, anyone find it funny that both Yuri and Vera had a crush on LT?

Last edited by Valerian Mengsk; 2010-05-26 at 15:21. Reason: Additional question
Old 2010-05-26, 15:47   Link #375
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-chin View Post
I don't remember FD getting his ki blocked by Hayato, pretty sure Gang just did a follow up attack that FD just either was caught out or didn't think it was strong enough to actually do anything.
I'm PRETTY sure he did. After Gang hit him with the 2nd lgt flsh, Hayato mentions it had worked, if only a little bit. It probably wouldn't have hurt him THAT bad, but since he didn't know Fce Rwd didn't penetrate, he completely shocked he's so dmgd, and the only reason Jeeha and Gang were beating him up so badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val View Post
Any bets on whether or not the tournament fights will take place as originally scheduled, or will Gang (or somebody) wipe someone off the board prematurely?

Oh, anyone find it funny that both Yuri and Vera had a crush on LT?
Now that you mention it, no, i don't think they will. If they do, chances are(if previous cliches of other stories are to be any indication), somethiing BIG will happen that causes the fights to be interrupted. tbh, I'm hoping this 2vs1 turns into a good 2vs2 =03, rather than thinking about the 1vs1s of the tour.

lol, what if LT was saying "your just like your sister" to Vera in this regard, and not how she operates, but Vera misunderstood ? I guess they think he'll be pretty "shocking" in the bed (>.>)...
Old 2010-05-28, 12:15   Link #376
Yorae_paladin1

Not bad but guess Vera struck with LT since when she did what she did there he felt quite offended
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2010-05-28, 15:25   Link #377
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh Vera how I love thee...if LT wouldn't take her then I sure as hell would

I think it was great to finally see an insecure side of Vera which makes her case much more tragic in my opinion, and damn do I have a sweet spot for tragic characters.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2010-06-04, 17:59   Link #378
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for 74:
Old 2010-06-04, 19:27   Link #379
hehey

Gangryong doesn't give a shit about his sister, no surprise.

Guhoo has a sob story about 7 siblings to take care of... kind of surprised.
Old 2010-06-04, 20:32   Link #380
Xion Valkyrie

Gangryong sure knows how to push people's buttons
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural