AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-03, 19:30   Link #121
DangerousOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
So her greatest contribution is to use an ability that any other member of her clan, regardless of age or skill could have used? You Go, Hinata-chan!

No. We see Sakura being so helpful as to actually take care of her injured team mates and take fatal attacks for them.

All of which is a nice, polite way of saying she got her ass beatdown. She was useful in the same way that those team of Rain-nin were useful against Gaara. That doesn't make her a great character, it makes her a tool.

Sakura doesn't stalk. She's always been perfectly upfront about her feelings for Sasuke, she's never followed him around to places she doesn't belong and invaded his personal space by watching him when he thinks he's alone. Sakura's actions are mostly those of a normal young girl with a crush. Hinata probably meets the criminal profile of a stalker. Any day now I expect to see her stealing Naruto's underwear.

Hinata is deadweight. She hasn't had any relevence at all to the storyline since before the third round finals. Some of her greatest contributions to the story could have been provided by any stock character. She has no worthwhile storyline of her own, and isn't the slightest bit involved with any of the other main characters either. She can't even truly claim the role of potential love interest for Naruto because she hasn't interacted with him for over one hundred chapters. He doesn't even realize she exists at this point.
First off, your avatar looks really ugly..or scary, probably both.

Most of the other genins would take care of their team mates if they just "almost" died fighting someone whilst he/she just stood there and watch.

It doesnt make her a tool, she proved a point that she can change. Sakura wouldnt have lasted 10 seconds with neji, doubt she could get her teeth near enough to bite him.

Sakura ditched her best freind for a guy who calls her annoying and made it clear he has no interest in her. She always insults the character that actually likes her and always saving her ass. "Sasuke-kun" and damm...dammm....her crying...really makes me cringe.

Sakura maybe a main character and have 100 or so more chapters than Hinata but despite all that, whos more popular? Oh well, that just means that she is wasting screen time not that people enjoy watching her more.
DangerousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:33   Link #122
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
People root for the under dog, and I'm pretty sure Hinata qualifies. I personally could care less about Sakura. Seems the only thing that comes out of her mouth is Sasuke-kun! It's annoying the first few times, but after 112 episodes, it's like a freagin curse.
Old 2004-12-03, 20:28   Link #123
rabbienrose
くノ一

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Rabbien, just because Sakura didn't know Sasuke was popular doesn't mean she has a particularly meaningful reason for liking him. She probably likes him for the same superficial reason everybody else does, whatever that may be. He had to become popular at some point, it's not like he was born that way.
That could be true, until you stop and think about Sakura's childhood and the kind of person young Sakura was. Before she met Ino, young Sakura was timid and shy with absolutely no confidence (not very different from the current Hinata) and had been teased mercilessly about her looks. Given that her apperance didn't change at all between the time when Ino befriended her and the time when she openly declared her feelings for Sasuke, one can assume not a lot of time had passed between these two incidents and that the pain/shame from the teasing was probably still fresh in Sakura's mind. And if that is the case, chances of the timid, shy, with no confidence Sakura finding something she likes based on looks-only is not very high since her looks was exactly the reason why she had been targetted all those years.
rabbienrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 20:48   Link #124
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
So her greatest contribution is to use an ability that any other member of her clan, regardless of age or skill could have used? You Go, Hinata-chan!
Deny if you must, but it is indeed an ability cannot be looked down upon.
Quote:
No. We see Sakura being so helpful as to actually take care of her injured team mates and take fatal attacks for them.
Which particular teammate? In one exception, we don't know what kawaii Sakura-chaan might have done if hawt Sasuke-kun wasn't there with the other injured baka-Naruto..
Quote:
All of which is a nice, polite way of saying she got her ass beatdown. She was useful in the same way that those team of Rain-nin were useful against Gaara. That doesn't make her a great character, it makes her a tool.
I have this notion of Sakura-chan's lasting not very long against Hinata-san's gentle fist that release deadly force of chakra, unless lovely Sakura-chaaan can throw her inner devilish Sakura at Hinata-kun. Then the fight goes to either one because of the two-to-one odd.
Quote:
Sakura doesn't stalk. .................................... Hinata probably meets the criminal profile of a stalker. Any day now I expect to see her stealing Naruto's underwear.
hahaha... I've got nothing to counter that... hehehe.. I just hope Naruto washes his underwear regularly. That line gets you a plus rep.
Quote:
Hinata is deadweight. She hasn't had any relevence at all to the storyline since before the third round finals. Some of her greatest contributions to the story could have been provided by any stock character. She has no worthwhile storyline of her own, and isn't the slightest bit involved with any of the other main characters either. She can't even truly claim the role of potential love interest for Naruto because she hasn't interacted with him for over one hundred chapters. He doesn't even realize she exists at this point.
That is because Kishimoto is a sexist. Look what he has done to Sakura-chan's personality, he even messes with girls' hair-do, i.e. Hinata (thanks Hunter and Nh1 ). And as a sexist, he doesn't want to bring out Hinata's potential by developing her character because she might turn scaaaaryyy. If you don't mind a bit of speculating, ingeneous Kamui explains in this post.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 20:59   Link #125
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbienrose
That could be true, until you stop and think about Sakura's childhood and the kind of person young Sakura was. Before she met Ino, young Sakura was timid and shy with absolutely no confidence (not very different from the current Hinata) and had been teased mercilessly about her looks. Given that her apperance didn't change at all between the time when Ino befriended her and the time when she openly declared her feelings for Sasuke, one can assume not a lot of time had passed between these two incidents and that the pain/shame from the teasing was probably still fresh in Sakura's mind. And if that is the case, chances of the timid, shy, with no confidence Sakura finding something she likes based on looks-only is not very high since her looks was exactly the reason why she had been targetted all those years.
What? How does the fact that Sakura got a little grief over her looks suddenly make her not attracted to the superficial aspects of Sasuke? That seems to be the case, because there's nothing that suggests otherwise. Hell, whenever we see Sakura fawning over Sasuke, its because he looks cool or he's good looking, etc... Its never because of something deeper than that.

One reason why I like Hinata is because of how amazing her eyes would look in real life. Has anyone ever seen Nip/Tuck? There was this one episode with Rebecca Grayheart, and in it she played this blind woman, with silvery eyes. It looked awesome.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 22:24   Link #126
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Oh yes, DangerousOne, my avatar is both grotesque and terrifying, thanks ever so for noticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Which particular teammate? In one exception, we don't know what kawaii Sakura-chaan might have done if hawt Sasuke-kun wasn't there with the other injured baka-Naruto..
OMFG.

You're soo right. Damn her, I bet if Sasuke-kun hadn't also been hurt, she would have just left annoying Naruto-baka-chan to die a painful, horrible death while she and Sasuke-kun ran off together.

Although, I do wonder why she wasn't smart enough to leave Naruto hanging helplessly a few hundred feet off the ground while she found somewhere better to hide alone with her Sasuke-kun. She probably even had to leave poor, defenseless Sasuke-kun all by himself while she dragged worthless ramen-dobe to safety!

Quote:
I have this notion of Sakura-chan's lasting not very long against Hinata-san's gentle fist that release deadly force of chakra, unless lovely Sakura-chaaan can throw her inner devilish Sakura at Hinata-kun. Then the fight goes to either one because of the two-to-one odd.
Sure, sure, according to Lee-san the Hyuuga's style r0x0rs, but he's only been on the painful end of Neji's gentle fist. Hinata wasn't able to liquify Neji-niisan's insides the two times he was nice enough to let her touch him in that special way. It almost makes me wonder if Hinata's even good enough to release deadly forces of chakra. But no, that's silly, since Hinata is so wonderful and more popular than Sakura, she must be able to pwn every1.

Kamui understands just how scary and evil stalker Hinata truly is.

Edit: Oh yes, and thank you for the rep. It's nice to get one that isn't bad every now and then.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 23:08   Link #127
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
OMFG.

You're soo right. Damn her, I bet if Sasuke-kun hadn't also been hurt, she would have just left annoying Naruto-baka-chan to die a painful, horrible death while she and Sasuke-kun ran off together.

Although, I do wonder why she wasn't smart enough to leave Naruto hanging helplessly a few hundred feet off the ground while she found somewhere better to hide alone with her Sasuke-kun. She probably even had to leave poor, defenseless Sasuke-kun all by himself while she dragged worthless ramen-dobe to safety!
As long as you can perceive the notion of probability.
Quote:
Sure, sure, .................................................. ......
Hinata wasn't able to liquify Neji-niisan's insides the two times he was nice enough to let her touch him in that special way........

But no, that's silly, since Hinata is so wonderful and more popular than Sakura, she must be able to pwn every1.
Not everyone silly. P0wning Sakura-chaaann is good enough. In regards to Neji's ability, recall how he does his kaiten. He releases chakra from every pores of his body and then spins very rapidly to repel any attack. As we know, he spins because he doesn't want to leave any vulnerable spots open for attack. My question is, could he have repelled Hinata's attack just by releasing a small amount of chakra from those particular area of his body when Neji-niisan let Hinata touch him in that special way? (absolutely digging your wording) We already know gentle fist can inflict injury and repel attacks by releasing chakra from the palm of their hands. I haven't seen any of the old episodes in a long time, so I have forgotten quite conveniently if anything about that was mentioned in that episode.
Quote:
Kamui understands just how scary and evil stalker Hinata truly is.
Yeap, Kamui is one of those wise folks that still visits this part of the forum.
Quote:
Edit: Oh yes, and thank you for the rep. It's nice to get one that isn't bad every now and then.
You are welcome.
Old 2004-12-04, 00:26   Link #128
FireEel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Blah blah blah, you can't deny Hinata's the most popular female character in Naruto and most people disagree.
I juz love ur comment!

Strangely though, I have no idea y I am so fond of Hinata.
FireEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 21:57   Link #129
Dez
Speshul

Quote:
My question is, could he have repelled Hinata's attack just by releasing a small amount of chakra from those particular area of his body when Neji-niisan let Hinata touch him in that special way? (absolutely digging your wording) We already know gentle fist can inflict injury and repel attacks by releasing chakra from the palm of their hands. I haven't seen any of the old episodes in a long time, so I have forgotten quite conveniently if anything about that was mentioned in that episode.
If memory serves(it usually doesn't) when the Neji/Hinata fight happened, the ability to release chakra from places other than the hands and feet had not been introduced. The first mention of the kaiten was around twenty chapters later just before the third round finals when Neji mastered it while practicing with Tenten, and the principles behind the move weren't explained until he used it in the fight against Naruto. If Kishimoto had intended for Neji to have used some kind of chakra barrier in that match he probably would have explained it then. Or at least have had Hinata or another character wonder why her attacks did less damage than expected.

I stand by my belief that Hinata-sama just plain doesn't have the touch.
Old 2004-12-05, 09:00   Link #130
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

im sure hinata will get strong at some time. however that time hasn't passed or is, look at sakura on the other hand. love problems can be hard, so don't simply call her a friking curse all the time. ( although i doubt its real love, i still think its more a rivalry between her and ino ) hinata.. i don't think she will ever be able to get something with naruto. ( hyuuga head and all ) and well when it comes down to clear thinking and fighting sakura would win. sakura has good thinking, but she doesn't have the jutsu's to back it up. look at her fight with the sound guy, she got real close to him thnx to strategy. i think she could become chuunin faster then hinata.

besides, i think sakura is better then hinata
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 19:51   Link #131
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

In Narutimett Hero 2, there's an unlockable character called "Hyuuga Successor Hinata".

Maybe this is Hinata in the future? Holy crap she's strong. She can Kaiten and do Neji's 64 point technique. She's pretty awesome in the game, heh.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 09:10   Link #132
Alzamon
Ultima Templar

??

i agree somewhat. although i must say that though it is RPG, it ranks higher than any other game in history for me. that goes with most RPG's. so lets talk, send me a message or somethin.
Alzamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:36   Link #133
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Well it looks like someone ... most likely female (they just love misusing that one word)... gave me one of these, ohsopopular, badboys in my rep box "Stop Being Ignorant" (in regards to this post).

So exactly at which point during this process I like to call 'expressing an OPINION' (about the two characters) was in any way a display of ignorance ... ?
Perhaps an observer could kindly break it down for me ?
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:53   Link #134
monir
cho~ kakkoii

As an observer, I have come to this following conclusion: you have dared to accomplish the impossible by criticizing both, Hinata and Sakura, in a VS thread---A VS thread located in the Naruto section of the forum. What is even more daring, you managed to do the impossible in one post. See the significance?

Come on Lexander, you should already know by now that you have to pick a side when you are in the Naruto section of the forum. There is no room for the "neutral".
Old 2004-12-17, 16:42   Link #135
Dez
Speshul

Heh. Well, Sakura doesn't scream half as much as you seem to think. So maybe that's why you're "ignorant?" Or maybe this person doesn't believe that Hinata is an annoying stalker? (Which is insane, because of course she is.)

Perhaps s/he simply doesn't want to see Sasuke's Katon?

Seriously, people have the stupidest reasons for giving rep, bad or good. There's really no point in wondering about it.
Old 2004-12-21, 18:10   Link #136
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
As an observer, I have come to this following conclusion: you have dared to accomplish the impossible by criticizing both, Hinata and Sakura, in a VS thread---A VS thread located in the Naruto section of the forum. What is even more daring, you managed to do the impossible in one post. See the significance?

Come on Lexander, you should already know by now that you have to pick a side when you are in the Naruto section of the forum. There is no room for the "neutral".
Fair enough ... I guess I suck @ Naruto.
It's actually becoming 'interesting' posting in the Naruto forum because I don't like Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke or Naruto ... they all have a fanbase that isn't too fond of nonbelievers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
Heh. Well, Sakura doesn't scream half as much as you seem to think. So maybe that's why you're "ignorant?" Or maybe this person doesn't believe that Hinata is an annoying stalker? (Which is insane, because of course she is.)

Perhaps s/he simply doesn't want to see Sasuke's Katon?

Seriously, people have the stupidest reasons for giving rep, bad or good. There's really no point in wondering about it.
I just wish the rep messages didn't get so IQ 180 on me sometimes ... "you're an idiot" would have done the trick ...

About Sakura screaming ... you're right ... the rest of her airtime is spent on crying.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 18:44   Link #137
Bored Kid
Banned

The difference is that one has a fatter ass.
Bored Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 03:28   Link #138
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Fair enough ... I guess I suck @ Naruto.
It's actually becoming 'interesting' posting in the Naruto forum because I don't like Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke or Naruto ... they all have a fanbase that isn't too fond of nonbelievers.
That's right, they bite.

Real hard. I can show you my scars for evidence.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 23:14   Link #139
Shintoshi

Quote by GoodAnime
3) It is in my nature to want to protect quiet, weaker people with minimal self confidence such as Hinata.
4) Hinata deserves more comfort than she recieves.

It seems we share the same mindset.

Now, for anyone who boasts that Sakura is better because she's strong-willed and confident while Hinata is shy, lacking confidence, and almost inaudible, here's my argument for you:
Unlike Sakura, who has enjoyed a comfortable life, Hinata has lived a horrible life. She has been rejected by her family. In the eyes of her father, she is unfit to become the heir of her clan and doesn't care if she dies. This belief of her father's doesn't just manifest itself in how she is treated by him, but he says it outright that she means nothing to him. Furthermore, her younger sister is considered stronger than her so she has to live in someone's shadow. Neji wants her dead because she's from the main house, and I wouldn't doubt he did whatever possible to crush her spirit whenever her father wasn't around. Lastly, for this section, in all scenes when they're in the classroom, no one seems to pay her any mind whatsoever. Perhaps she didn't have friends in school either. I admit this is a weak argument since it is uncertain and I have almost no evidence to support it.
To take a break before continuing, I can say that having gone through grades 3 to 11 as an outcast was enough to cripple my self-confidence and ego to the point I'm incapable of feeling the least bit content unless surrounded by people who take insanity / psychological problems as the norm (member of an anme club). Personally, I can't even imagine the pain of having to live in conditions where I'd be scorned by my parents, looked down upon by those younger than me, and wanted dead by (a) relative(s). Honestly, I probably would have commited suicide within the first year.
Continuing on in my reasoning (that doesn't involve myself), she's on a team with two talented shinobi, making there be more people she has to live in the shadows of. She tries her best to improve, simply to continue to fail on missions, something that would give anyone an inferiority complex in addition to weighing heavily on her mind. Furthermore, the person who she admires, even loves, doesn't notice her at all. Correction, he thought her to be a weird, dark girl.
Despite what others may think, I believe that her love of Naruto is healthy, all things considered.
Sakura follows Sasuke around like a love-sick puppy, pushing (or in Naruto's case, beating) all things that may obstruct her goal of being with Sasuke aside. She confesses to him many times, despite the knowledge he has no intention of ever returning her feelings.
Hinata has yet to confess to Naruto, because of her shyness, therefore it cannot be known that it will be nothing more than a one-sided love. Furthermore, unlike Sasuke, who knows Sakura well and rejects her, Naruto hasn't gotten to know her yet, and the last time he had spoken to her it ended with him saying "A person like you. I really like". That gives her reason to continue to yearn for him since that offers the hope that a relationship may bloom. As for her following him around without him knowing (or 'stalking' as far too many people have labled it as) is because she's shy and lacks the confidence to speak to him. Considering what she has waiting for her at home, can you honestly blame her for wanting, in even the smallest way, to be with the one she loves? She may follow him around in a similar way to how Sakura follows Sasuke around, only she isn't being a burden to Naruto, hasn't been rejected by him, and is also using it as a form of happiness, something that she is in desperate need of.
I cannot compare their ambitions to improve (even if I were to go according to the manga) since both are making an effort. Sakura wishes to improve herself as a ninja and Hinata wants to improve herself as a person.
As for strength, consider the difference between the two as Lee (Iron Fist) to Neji (Gentle Fist). If Sakura becomes stronger (Manga readers should understand) it'll improve her fighting, whereas Hinata, with the gentle fist, will never face an opponent whose internal organs can withstand her combat style.
Looks, any time I spend arguing this will be wasted effort. A famous quote: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Whatever they look like, someone will claim that she is beautiful and someone else will say she looks ugly or plain. Another (less famous) quote from a Barenaked Ladies song: "Anything plain, can be lovely". Furthermore, as it seems to go in this discussion, many who put a claim of beauty, positive or negative, for either Sakura or Hinata will then say that he/she prefers Temari/Tsunade/Kurenai/Anko/etc.
One more thing to take into consideration, for those reading the manga that complain Hinata bringing out tea made her seem too 'girly' (or rather, a sterotypical/traditional woman) consider this; Hinata is nice. She could have brought out drinks because she was being polite. What would you say if it had been Neji bringing the tea? How about Hanabi? Would it be 'girly' if it had been either of them? Hinata also may have been the one to bring the drinks because the others (Hiashi and Neji) were busy training at that point in time.
Neither of the characters are deadweight. Look at Iruka; he may not do any fighting (other than at the start) but he has played the role of Naruto's emotional support and may do so in the future as well. Just because Hinata and Sakura haven't accomplished anything amazing as of yet, doesn't mean that they'll never be of any use. Characters don't need to enter a story at the exact moment they'll be of use, simply to disappear afterwards. It makes for a more interesting story to have someone develop and eventually play an important role. Wait until the series ends before picking out the 'deadweight'.
Instead of becoming a zealot when making a decision of who is better or why one is better than the other; stop, think, and give reasonable argument or opinion. Don't say "I prefer Sakura because of Hinata's obnoxious stutter" and trying to somehow illustrate your point by calling her a freak or a retard, simply say that you don't like someone who stutters. Personally, I'd say with the mental anguish she's experienced, a stutter has to be expected.
Of course, I believe that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, and I have no reason to disagree with with his/her choice, but I prefere there to be a valid or logical reason behind the choice.
If it is not obvious, Hinata is my choice for better character since, as mentioned above, it is my nature to want to protect the quiet, weaker, and less confident people such as Hinata. On a more shallow note, I also happen to find her appearance to be attractive. Lastly, I also find her mannerisms to be attractive.
You may disagree, but tThis is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

(Sorry for writing so much)
Shintoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 01:36   Link #140
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

This all comes down to male superiority complex.

I noticed that many western men are attracted to asian females because of their falsely guided (not without reason) image that asian women are very submissive to males. This is true to a certain degree as Asian women in asia arent as outgoing as some of the women you see in New York.

Men want women who needs their protection, not a boxer who could beat the crap out of them. Of course this doesnt apply to all men but most of the Sakura haters here hate her because
1) Her loud and tomboy attitude gets very annoying when she has no ability to back it up
2) She's a bitch!! (have you seen how she treated Naruto??)
3) Her obsession over Sasuke is just too much. It gets very annoying when all she says is "Sasuke-kun~~~~~" for over 100 episodes.

I think I got off topic somewhere but basically my point was that people don't like Sakura because she is like a male loser (talks a lot of shit but no ability to back it up and is obsessed over another person to the point of pure annoyance)
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote