AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: What is/are your favorite bishoujo game based anime series?
Canvas 2 20 26.67%
Fate/stay Night 25 33.33%
Gift ~eternal rainbow~ 8 10.67%
Happiness! 7 9.33%
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 32 42.67%
Lovely Idol 0 0%
Soul Link 0 0%
Tsuyokiss Cool X Sweet 0 0%
Utawarerumono 26 34.67%
Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na 3 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-04, 08:39   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

How do I failed poll?

The standout bishoujo game conversion of the year by a long way is Kanon and you didn't put it on the list! Seriously.

Anyway, your lacking list forces me to vote Higurashi because none of the other entries were any good. Except for maybe Gift, which I haven't seen yet. Canvas 2 was too slow in the middle, F/SN fell apart after Archer *spoilered* and Utawarerumono never reached its full potential. And don't even get me started on Yoakena.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 10:04   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
The standout bishoujo game conversion of the year by a long way is Kanon and you didn't put it on the list! Seriously.
Probably because it's still airing? Which means it will be in the 2007 poll.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 21:45   Link #23
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Had I bothered to read the first post I would have realized that and could have saved myself the embarrassment. Doesn't change the fact (read: my opinion) that there's been a real dearth of good visual novel conversions this year with the exception of Higurashi, which I thought was really good. Kanon is also good, but it's unfortunate that visual novel conversions of the quality of those two titles don't come along nearly frequently enough.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 01:31   Link #24
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, Higurashi doesn't really belong in this list. It's not even a game to begin with, really. It's definitely not what is commonly termed a "bishoujo game". As such, normally I would discount it completely and vote for something else; however, it is so clearly superior to the rest of this (little) competition, I guess I'll end up voting for it. Also I guess I'll throw Utawarerumono a bone. Yeah, it failed when compared to its expectations, but it was still a better show then the other eight up there.

Also, I'm a little surprised at the choices. I know you're limited to ten, but did you think Soul Link would get more votes than OtoBoku?

EDIT: I also just realized that this is the first year (of the three that I've seen this poll) that I have actually seen all released episodes of all the shows in the poll before the poll went up. I think I might go drown myself now.
Old 2007-01-05, 02:20   Link #25
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Higurashi is my vote.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:58   Link #26
Firestorm

I voted for Fate/Stay Night. I really wanted to play the game after watching the anime and then reading the reviews about the game. That was a great story.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 03:20   Link #27
Catnips

F/S Night was my pick!!
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 03:44   Link #28
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Higurashi and Fate/Stay Night by a country mile.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 03:56   Link #29
DanielSong39

Any thoughts on the frontrunners for 2007?

School Days and Kanon 2006 would have to be among the contenders - and D.C. II, if it gets made.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 04:52   Link #30
wontaek

School Days anime has potential to be one of the most memorable ever or one of worst ever. I really wonder how the animators will combine so many conflicting materials and endings.
Old 2007-01-05, 05:14   Link #31
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^They can't fail if they go with the threesome ending *cough* Tho i doubt they realize this The other possibility is to pick one and run from the fanboys who were not pleased, which is the most likely way it will go
Old 2007-01-05, 09:17   Link #32
bluemist
i am the mist

Hmm, I see some of you complain on why Higurashi is on the list. Sorry if it's my lack of info on the series, or maybe how the whole naming system in these types of games work, but strictly speaking Higurashi is originally a doujin visual novel game series. Tsukihime from 2003 also came from a doujin game.

Personally I tend to collectively call them as "bishoujo game" just to not drown myself with all the specific classifications (eroge/dating sim/bishoujo game/visual novel/kinetic novel/galge/ADV), hence the title ever since I started the poll series. Anyway what's important is that the Higurashi games have some similarities with the other entries' game counterparts.

Last edited by bluemist; 2007-01-05 at 09:27.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote