3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-21, 18:47   Link #161
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

If I were to think about this, Homura is still bound by her wish to meet up with Madoka and protect her... it is not exactly correct to say that Madoka has disappeared altogether, but just from 'certain' perspectives. Come to think of it, Homura in fact is not exactly locked in to a locality herself.

The only thing that Madoka has truly taken away is falling victim to despair, so at least magical girls won't succumb to despair anymore. Nothing prevent fatality and that's fair and square. This at least Urobuchi managed to give a very definite closure towards.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 18:47   Link #162
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Meduka is now my all time favorite anime!

To all that were disappointed, ( I will never understand my fellow humans) exactly what Oh! so perfect ending do you think would've worked?!

Please, enlighten us!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 18:51   Link #163
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
Madoka would need 2 wishes to make that happen. (However she is allowed only 1)
1. Remove MG/witch system
2. Create Infinite Energy system

And removing QB's race isn't an option either
Spoiler for Without QB:

She got 2 birds with 1 stone with this wish.
- Turn the current MG system into the one that doesn't have any witch, while providing energy for the universe.
You're disqualifying one wish because it has two components, while giving another wish a pass because it has two components. We'll have to wait for the subs to see the exact wording, but Madoka did gain two things:

1. No more witches
2. Revival of previously dead magical girls

And possibly #3: make previous magical girls normal again. I thought I read somewhere that Sayaka was given a choice by Goddess Madoka to be an MG or not, and she decided to be one again, keeping Kamijou's hand healed. I'm fuzzy on the details, though, so will need to wait for subs clarification. But if this is true, Madoka had ample opportunity to make up a system where people wouldn't turn into witches or disappear.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 18:56   Link #164
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
The only thing that Madoka has truly taken away is falling victim to despair, so at least magical girls won't succumb to despair anymore. Nothing prevent fatality and that's fair and square. This at least Urobuchi managed to give a very definite closure towards.
I like this. The girls Madoka released can have the peace of mind they will be remembered for the people they saved and not for the people they would have killed.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 18:58   Link #165
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Sayaka was given a choice by Goddess Madoka

From what I've heard

Sayaka was already a MG,she was given the choice by Madoka to disapear or have her wish cancelled,she chose to disapear so that Kamijou could still play.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:03   Link #166
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Wait a minute Guys...
if
Being a witch = going to hell

if Madoka's wish is what you say it is then....

Then I'd say ep 11 and 12 being shown today was Destiny.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:05   Link #167
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

On the other hand, reciprocity on the part of Homura would exist too as Madoka is not letting her rot and fall to despair. Should Homura meet mortal death, it would not be in doom and gloom. This makes what might come of Homura almost secondary since at least she will be spared of being an abomination against her will and engulfed in misery. Such is significantly merciful for Urobuchi... I mean that.

What I heard was in line with totoum. Sayaka was given a chance to not have her hands dirty or to abide by the full consequence of her wish and die, although not with regret and in self-loathing. She is given a a heroic death, acting as an ally of justice till the last. Sayaka did not regret this, unlike her becoming Oktavia....

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:18   Link #168
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Why was Madoka erased if she just wished for something in the past to change? Even if she used up her energy in the present she would still be there in the new timeline.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:20   Link #169
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Meduka is now my all time favorite anime!

To all that were disappointed, ( I will never understand my fellow humans) exactly what Oh! so perfect ending do you think would've worked?!

Please, enlighten us!
they hope for full despair dark ending
but I'm sure they will still feel unsatisfied with that kind of end too

it isnt a matter how this series end
but their own hope/expectation IS

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:27   Link #170
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Actually, those people didn't get what they want. But seriously, this was what the series needed because in terms of getting the right ending, it is up there. And it practically fits why they showed it today, on a Good Friday. The moment I knew that it would air on this specific date, I've been conflicted in a way, because I was half-expecting it to be based on the significance of the airdate, and IT DID. So I was surprised and really fulfilled.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:29   Link #171
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Wha... wha... what is this!?

This was posted 3-11-11 o_O?
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:32   Link #172
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
they hope for full despair dark ending
but I'm sure they will still feel unsatisfied with that kind of end too

it isnt a matter how this series end
but their own hope/expectation IS
Don't put words into other people's mouths. Expectations are always subjective, and the execution isn't all flawless otherwise there wouldn't be any debate over the ending.

To brand disappointed fans that they were expecting a despair ending is a gross and irrelevant overgeneralization.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:37   Link #173
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Don't put words into other people's mouths. Expectations are always subjective, and the execution isn't all flawless otherwise there wouldn't be any debate over the ending.

To brand disappointed fans that they were expecting a despair ending is a gross and irrelevant overgeneralization.
Wow, chill a little bit,

He wasnt doing that at all. That is his opinion and that is it. Beside I like the ending even if it did leaves it wide open for a sequel.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:39   Link #174
Xacual

I actually wonder how badly this would have been received had we gotten the episodes one week apart and a month ago. Personally I think a lot of the people saying it was disappointing would have more positive feelings about it but we'll never know.

I enjoyed the finale. The only real question I can put is that it seems Madoka gave Homura part of her power, is that right? I can understand some of the language but their conversation parts eluded me.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:41   Link #175
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, I kept saying all along that a wish could fix everything. Kept getting people poo'poo'ing the idea, though. Which means, all of this could have been solved in episode 2... if the girls had acted smarter. Hell, if the Kyube's had been smarter. A plot that could truly only work and be stretched into 12 episodes if the characters were dumb as bricks.

I remember back arguing that Madoka's world-changing power was a very high possibly for doing the ending. Good thing we have God on our side to fix everything! Like I said, a wish and Madoka's power were all we needed.

Will wait for subs for further commentary.
Nah, screw that.

Mr. Urobuchi what do you wish for this series?
A) Torture the characters until the very end.
B) Be a good guy and grant their wishes bringing to them a happy life.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:41   Link #176
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I actually wonder how badly this would have been received had we gotten the episodes one week apart and a month ago. Personally I think a lot of the people saying it was disappointing would have more positive feelings about it but we'll never know.

I enjoyed the finale. The only real question I can put is that it seems Madoka gave Homura part of her power, is that right? I can understand some of the language but their conversation parts eluded me.
That is what I am thinking, so a piece of her will always be with Homura, no matter what.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:43   Link #177
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

To be shown on Good Friday, bearing the same message Good Friday gives us... I still can't believe this. It was as if the ending was made for this day.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:48   Link #178
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Madoka is the new JEBUS!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 19:53   Link #179
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
woah nice episode. Madoka became god, or in this case goddess. Looks like the only Magical girl left is Hamura and she has Madoka's powers. Did Hamura become a witch/magical girl? at the end it looks like Hamura had witch like wings. Kuubey said something about changing the rules or something. Anyone elaborate more about this, as to what wish madoka used.
Old 2011-04-21, 19:59   Link #180
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Okay, having watched the subs of 11, I have a few more thoughts...

- Kyube has a theory about Madoka, which means there is still much about magic and emotions that they don't understand. Interesting thoughts about Karma, and how Madoka was carrying a large Karmic burden from multiple parallel worlds thanks to Homura's time travel.

- Apparently, it was thanks to the Kyubes granting wishes, that brought our whole race out of the caves, to our present level of advancement. In that light, based on what we got vs. what we had to give up, it was a damn good bargain.

- Given this, and that Walpurgis night has happened many times before, and doesn't conceal itself behind a barrier... shouldn't mankind be aware of this by now? I can think of no better proof than walpurgis itself, for the military to learn of this and get involved. All Homura needs to do is steal something from them and lead them on a chase. This leads to the next thought, though...

- It really is a super witch. Homura was crazy prepared with tons of ordinance and bombs(and seriously, I can't overstate how many RPGs, bombs, guns, etc. she came with), and the witch seemed to laugh it off. They probably really would need a nuke to kill it. If nothing else, Homura put up a damn good fight; Homura fans should be happy.

- But the yuri shippers will go hog wild, even though it's still ambiguous at best, heh. Then again, I've always been of the opinion that two people can be close, and can care about someone a great deal, without romantic feelings being a part of that. Still, whatever one chooses to see out of this, they'll see it. I could call it confirmation bias, but truthfully, it is ambiguous, so whatever floats a boat, heh.

- However, that scene was also interesting because of how Homura explained things. If only she had done that sooner. "I don't care if you believe..." but with tears in her eyes. Goddamn girl, if you had just taken this route earlier, so much could have been avoided.

- I did find Homura's conflict interesting at the end there, knowing she could reset things again, but it would just make Madoka's karmic burden even heavier (but thus also making her magic powers stronger).

- And Madoka finally decides to make a decision and take a stand. We'll see how all that goes down in ep 12...
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, final episode thread, madoka magica